• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Modra Bird

BBCC 64 Wings Medium Blue Rushed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ~Legoman~

~Legoman~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 10:56 PM

So, yeah, I made a bird for BBCC 65. It was a little rushed by my standards; concept to pictures in three days, so it's not as good as it could be, obviously. Legs in particular are pretty bad, as you might notice. Sorry about he BBCC 64 tag, I apparently was under the impression it was 64 not 65 now.

Posted Image

Picture links to a much bigger and better lit picture.

Gallery (when public)

Some comments about it:

Medium Blue is a nice color, though, so it was nice to use that in a MOC for the first time.

I've noticed as time goes on, my MOCs seem to have gotten rather unstable. Barely anything on the torso of this guy is legitimately connected; it's all just sandwiched in there. It could be that I'm just out of practice, though, because it has been a really long time since I built anything.

Edited by ~Legoman~, Jun 24 2013 - 03:53 PM.

My Brickshelf and My Flickr
Posted Image
"Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

#2 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 255 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 01:29 AM

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]I absolutely love this. I don't know if it's the beautiful blend of light blue and silver or what, but it looks fantastic. I like how the front of the torso comes together so smoothly, with the silver whatchamacallits on either side and a blue stripe running along. An excellent use of pieces, for sure. The feet are also well done, but it would be nice if you could take some pictures of the underbelly.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]The only complaints would be that the beak seems to be attached rather flimsily, and the wings seem a little messy. Otherwise, it's a great MOC. Good luck in the contest. :)[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]=)[/color][/font]

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

#3 Offline ~Legoman~

~Legoman~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 831 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 04:03 PM

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]I absolutely love this. I don't know if it's the beautiful blend of light blue and silver or what, but it looks fantastic. I like how the front of the torso comes together so smoothly, with the silver whatchamacallits on either side and a blue stripe running along. An excellent use of pieces, for sure. The feet are also well done, but it would be nice if you could take some pictures of the underbelly.[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]The only complaints would be that the beak seems to be attached rather flimsily, and the wings seem a little messy. Otherwise, it's a great MOC. Good luck in the contest. :)[/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;][font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]=)[/color][/font]

Thanks. These two pictures should satisfy your curiosity about the underbelly. I've updated the entry pic now, and the gallery has more pictures as well, once it goes public.

About the beak: I see what you're saying, but it's one of the least flimsy connections in the head, to be honest. I really didn't want to attach it on the bottom as well because that would make the head to thick/tall, and this is just a simpler construction in general. In the end, there are many other parts of the MOC that you should be much more worried about in terms of flimsiness.

Edited by ~Legoman~, Jun 24 2013 - 04:03 PM.

My Brickshelf and My Flickr
Posted Image
"Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

#4 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 701 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2013 - 10:58 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]A shame this didn't get many replies. It looks pretty darn amazing.[/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]The wings look nice, but a tad messy. I like how you tried to keep up a consistent color scheme of Mata Blue, silver, and gold, but the dark blue pins throw it off a bit. The body looks nice and streamlined with a good contrast of bulk to slim. The best part about the Modra Bird to me is the body, which I believe is very nice looking. The head looks simple and pleasing to get the job done.[/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Great job, I wish you luck in the BBC![/color][/font]

EH5Tbhq.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users