Bionicle Symbol

Alright, I've gotten to thinking recently about the Bionicle symbol.We have seen it at least once in the MU (in MoL), but I'm not entirely sure that would have happened or not. In any case, they couldn't have known what it actually was, so why did they use it? Or how could they have known about it in the first place?My thought is that when they were created it was somehow ingrained into their minds.What do all of you think?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well, the Blade Burrowers dug tunnels in that shape, so it's possible that they would know about it. And as keepers of history/watchers of the stars, they might have known enough about it to hold it in high esteem as in the kohlii match scene. But I doubt the Symbol as shown in the sky in the movies is canon - but I think I noted earlier that it was probably a hint to the eventual reveal of the sky thing (if not, I should have).Also, the Makuta would have known about it thanks to the Blade Burrowers, so I think the shape of the EP pool as portrayed in MoL is canon too.

The symbol seen in MOL that was actually there -- the "decoration" in the floor of the in-dome side of the gate of Mangaia -- was created by the Great Beings. It may have been placed in other locations and/or taught to the Matoran as the UDD symbol by them as well. Probably they were all meant as reminders to Mata Nui, with the three virtues thing kind of being a cover-story (and also kind of another way to remind him; it was his duty and destiny to unify the three planetary fragments).

The one shown in the sky (I forget if that's in MOL but I know it's in LoMN having just rewatched that) is not meant to exist in-story; it's meant as the Bionicle logo for the TV screen only, with special effects to make it look mysterious.

Zestanor, Vakama does know what "the way of the Bionicle" means -- Bionicle means a chronicle of life in the Matoran language. So he's saying "this is the way legendary history happened."

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Shall we assume that the Great Beings knew Spherus Magna would shatter into three pieces, with two of them being far smaller than the third one, before The Shattering actually happened? I suppose it's possible.

Yes. They had to be out of the MU before it launched, and it was launching moments before the Shattering. Ergo, they had to know before it launched.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)