Describe The Sig Of The Member Before You!

"Check out these comic-making tools with which you can make comics that are worse than mine!"

So tell me about Battletech... Or Star citizen. 

~Soran

Battletech started out as a boardgame featuring detailed miniatures that became a massive hit that spawned several sequels, spin-offs, a book series, a videos game series which itself spawned its own spin-offs and a short lived cartoon. the backstory is that after a brief period of peace during which mankind expanded into the galaxy, war became almost constant as civilisation fractured into several factions who were constantly bickering. After an intergalactic bill of rights was passed setting some ground rules for warfare which surprisingly everyone seemed to uphold, war became institutionalized as the primary method of conflict-solving between factions. After the BattleMech, an archetype of massive heavily armed and armored walking tank, was invented, the main theatre of war once again moved back to the surface of planets rather than space. Throughout the history of BattleTech, countless factions rose and fell, at one point the military forces of the unifying government decided to go like "screw this" and leave only to later return as a tribal invasion force and all kinds of other interesting things happened. In both the board- and video games, players typically take control of the titular BattleMechs from various perspectives, including piloting a single mech from a first person view, through a standard top-down strategic view to early attempts at isometric RPGs. The fandom that arose around it is extremely dedicated, though in the mainstream the video-games have gained a wider popularity than the tabletop games. The Battletech franchise features a massive roster of varied and unique Mech types, as well as other, more conventional and boring vehicles.

Star Citizen is an in-development upcoming MMO space simulator which will also have a story-driven singleplayer campaign. The "Persistent Universe", which will be the game world upon full release, will contain a massive amount of star systems with procedurally generated planets, all of which can be fully explored. The dream of Star Citizen is to allow players to pick any profession they wish and is viable in a space-setting, ranging from pirate through merchant, explorer, mercenary, medic, news-reporter, soldier, miner, surveyor all the way to law-enforcement and much, much more. Seamlessness is a main feature, meaning you can get into your ship on planet A in a solar system, lift off, break orbit, travel to a planet in the system, land, explore, lift off again, visit a space station, jump to another solar system and land on a planet there too - all of this without a single loading screen. You can get up in your ship mid flight (provided it is big enough) and walk around, manipulating different systems and doing things like sleep and take showers. There is an FPS component when not driving a vehicle, and an absolute massive amount of content to be discovered.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Brown is the new Black.

"Check out these comic-making tools with which you can make comics that are worse than mine!"

I don't know whether I should be offended or not by your use of the word, "Worse" in the context of which it's being used.

So tell me about Battletech... Or Star citizen. 

~Soran

Battletech started out as a boardgame featuring detailed miniatures that became a massive hit that spawned several sequels, spin-offs, a book series, a videos game series which itself spawned its own spin-offs and a short lived cartoon. the backstory is that after a brief period of peace during which mankind expanded into the galaxy, war became almost constant as civilisation fractured into several factions who were constantly bickering. After an intergalactic bill of rights was passed setting some ground rules for warfare which surprisingly everyone seemed to uphold, war became institutionalized as the primary method of conflict-solving between factions. After the BattleMech, an archetype of massive heavily armed and armored walking tank, was invented, the main theatre of war once again moved back to the surface of planets rather than space. Throughout the history of BattleTech, countless factions rose and fell, at one point the military forces of the unifying government decided to go like "screw this" and leave only to later return as a tribal invasion force and all kinds of other interesting things happened. In both the board- and video games, players typically take control of the titular BattleMechs from various perspectives, including piloting a single mech from a first person view, through a standard top-down strategic view to early attempts at isometric RPGs. The fandom that arose around it is extremely dedicated, though in the mainstream the video-games have gained a wider popularity than the tabletop games. The Battletech franchise features a massive roster of varied and unique Mech types, as well as other, more conventional and boring vehicles.

Star Citizen is an in-development upcoming MMO space simulator which will also have a story-driven singleplayer campaign. The "Persistent Universe", which will be the game world upon full release, will contain a massive amount of star systems with procedurally generated planets, all of which can be fully explored. The dream of Star Citizen is to allow players to pick any profession they wish and is viable in a space-setting, ranging from pirate through merchant, explorer, mercenary, medic, news-reporter, soldier, miner, surveyor all the way to law-enforcement and much, much more. Seamlessness is a main feature, meaning you can get into your ship on planet A in a solar system, lift off, break orbit, travel to a planet in the system, land, explore, lift off again, visit a space station, jump to another solar system and land on a planet there too - all of this without a single loading screen. You can get up in your ship mid flight (provided it is big enough) and walk around, manipulating different systems and doing things like sleep and take showers. There is an FPS component when not driving a vehicle, and an absolute massive amount of content to be discovered.

I regret asking. /s

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

As we all know, the most important adjective in the English language is "Snazzy"!

All other descriptors bow before its sheer might. They are useless against its vast cosmic power. 

All will perish on the day of Snazzying. There will be no survivors.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

i don't know if the lack of pupils reduces or increase the sense of what would be otherwise writhing creepiness. Is it creepy? Is it cool? Is it both? Neither? I DON'T KNOW! Halt thine inquisition thou dread inquisitor! Seize and desist!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

That isn't a warrior. That's a Minifigure's hand.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

You could say that, but not for the media being Japanese. I usually really like the stuff that I get into.

A knight looks over the earthen valley wistfully, pondering the future and its mysteries...

t5pQDlO.jpg

Smileyformers! Nuva in disguise! Smileyformers! Pixels for eyes!

Would sound better if it were 'Pixels are their eyes!' :P

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

We all thought it was a series of ads, but in reality, it is a comic on its own!

First panel: "Oh , someone stole my head!"

Second panel: "Good, I found it."

Third panel "Screw you head stealing folk, I'm outta here."

Fourth panel "Oh wonder, this new place is worse. Not only did they steal my head again, but now my color scheme is all screwed up. Even being constantly called Takanuva was better than this..."

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

Snazzy and Chimoru are apparently two alternate versions of David Hasslehoff's car from Knight Rider.

The oddly colored Takanuva under "Soran's Comics" is presumably Soran, but due to being Takanuva, this cannot be confirmed.

Oddly enough, there is no road on the image titled "The Road to Home". Also, unless that air-ship-thing is the home of Soran Takanuva, there is also no home on it.

Stone endures until hit with a sledgehammer or rock saw, until stressed on a cleavage point, or until it is eroded by the tireless actions of time.

I can't say it doesn't break.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

"So, here's my idea for how we're going to enter the bank and reach the vault. First, we need a few guys to run a distraction while others push in, we need to disable security and we need to follow the path here, this leads to the secret door into the vault. We'll need a keycard though to open it, so one of us needs to go to the chairman's office and get it from him--"

"Imma rob it."

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

"I ain't got no rhythm," -Some dude who used to be in a band in Phineas and Ferb.

"So, here's my idea for how we're going to enter the bank and reach the vault. First, we need a few guys to run a distraction while others push in, we need to disable security and we need to follow the path here, this leads to the secret door into the vault. We'll need a keycard though to open it, so one of us needs to go to the chairman's office and get it from him--"

"Imma rob it."

~Soran

That is the classiest thing I have ever read, ever, in the history of ever.

Note how in the middle two images, Soran is never standing straight. In the one to the left, he is ever so slightly skewed, while on the right he is very very subtly leaning.

Fix that posture, mate.

"The years start coming, and they don't stop coming." - Steve Harwell, Smash Mouth, "All Star".

t5pQDlO.jpg