So, what do you do with the new Ziplock style bags?

Shove 'em into your closet and forget about 'em for 5-6 years, then when Hero Factory is over, sell 'em on eBay for big money :P .

In all seriousness, you should keep spare parts in them until they become valuable as collectors items, and then sell 'em on eBay.

2xu8Ptu.png

I find them okay for most sets, but it really does depend, e.g. I received my Thornraxx with bent wings.

That sort of thing can technically happen even with boxes or canisters. Long, thin pieces with a lot of flexibility like that can often get bent before they're even packaged, just from being piled on top of each other in large bins as soon as they come out of the mold. Generally with a bit of patience and ingenuity you can bend the parts back into shape.

I flatten them out and store them away until I need them again.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Throw 'em away. :P

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 2 weeks later...

I put the sets in them and "gently place" them on the shelf when I finish playing with them

It feels weird to me having lived with canisters all my life... I guess it's easy to get used to, but when you think about the intricate design of every BIONICLE box and pair them with the standard, unoriginal ziplock bag... Egh, guess I wouldn't be thinking like this if I wasn't born in the BIONICLE era haha.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

It feels weird to me having lived with canisters all my life... I guess it's easy to get used to, but when you think about the intricate design of every BIONICLE box and pair them with the standard, unoriginal ziplock bag... Egh, guess I wouldn't be thinking like this if I wasn't born in the BIONICLE era haha.

-NotS

Tru dat, bruthu, tru dat.

I would have thought people would have been more creative with these. Although, I do like the Capri-Sun bag idea.

Edited by TNT-Vezon with an Olmak

new_sig_legacy_2.png

It feels weird to me having lived with canisters all my life... I guess it's easy to get used to, but when you think about the intricate design of every BIONICLE box and pair them with the standard, unoriginal ziplock bag... Egh, guess I wouldn't be thinking like this if I wasn't born in the BIONICLE era haha. -NotS

Tru dat, bruthu, tru dat. I would have thought people would have been more creative with these. Although, I do like the Capri-Sun bag idea.

Well, as far as creativity is concerned, one thing that I think helps the Hero Factory bags is that the full front and back surface of the pouches is printable. The molded details of canisters and canister lids were pretty neat, but I think just as much creativity often went into the graphic design of the canister labels, and that certainly hasn't gone away (there were some beautiful settings in the background of the 2012 pouches). So while there aren't any molded details anymore, the pouches don't really have any areas that are conspicuously devoid of detail, unless you count the space on the back that is filled with legal disclaimers. And that's something all LEGO packages have had for a long, long time.I am somewhat happy that the packages have now been somewhat standardized. I wouldn't mind new pouch designs but I can't think of any reason they'd be really necessary, unless TLG came up with some miraculous way to make the pouches stackable.Even in BIONICLE, it was not uncommon for at least one section of a canister to be reused. Toa Mata, Toa Nuva, and RoboRiders canisters were more or less the same except for their lids. Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal canisters were of course identical. Vahki used the same canisters as Rahkshi, but upside-down and with different lids. Toa Hagah and Toa Hordika canisters were identical. Overall, it wasn't until around 2006 that canisters started to be highly specialized to their particular series, and at that point... I dunno about you, but for me all the specialization just started to seem wasteful (since by that point, the canisters and lids no longer served as building elements, and most even stopped serving as useful display/storage for accessories and projectiles). The designs still looked nice (Mistika canisters were pretty amazing), but any functionality besides storage was rapidly disappearing.

I toss them; I can't stand to use bags for storage, they're difficult to stack or organize neatly.

Nor can I display them like the boxes of System and Technic sets.

At least I no longer have a shelf devoted to unused canisters, though I do miss the canister set storage method.

Edited by Bominominomu Nemo

Do you believe in magic?

I toss them; I can't stand to use bags for storage, they're difficult to stack or organize neatly.Nor can I display them like the boxes of System and Technic sets. At least I no longer have a shelf devoted to unused canisters, though I do miss the canister set storage method.

So why not just flatten them and put them in a drawer or box? The biggest advantage of the bags is that they no longer take up such a substantial amount of space when they're not being used as storage. Like cardboard boxes, they can be flattened out to take up minimal space.I keep my bags, whether I'm using them for storage or not, in a plastic sliding drawer. This is the same storage solution I used at college and it's generally fairly effective, even if they're not the most organized that way.

I just store them away, use the one thing I like about them: they don't take up as much space.

Now that i agree with you, it is a lot better than the canisters and the canisters that i still have is in a basket.

Plus with the Canisters from 2006 and 2008 to 2011, i wish they made parts of the Canister useful, like what they did in 2001, 2004 and somewhat 2007.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I just store them away, use the one thing I like about them: they don't take up as much space.

Now that i agree with you, it is a lot better than the canisters and the canisters that i still have is in a basket.Plus with the Canisters from 2006 and 2008 to 2011, i wish they made parts of the Canister useful, like what they did in 2001, 2004 and somewhat 2007.

Yeah, BIONICLE canisters did tend to get a little less useful over the years. The Toa Mata canisters had it all: a story function (either as the Toa Mata's canisters or as their Suva), collectible storage, and usable LEGO connection points so they were building elements, not just storage. The only function they didn't perform was the display function the Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal canisters had, where you could peel away the back sticker to see the Bohrok inside its nest. Plus, the figure could fit inside without any significant disassembly.The story roles of the canisters only appeared a couple times after that (Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal canisters could act as a nest, Kraata canisters could act as stasis tubes, and Toa Metru canister lids could be put together into Matoran spheres. In contrast, the collectible storage function appeared again many times (the Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal were really the only sets between 2001 and 2006 that lacked any space to store collectibles or accessories), but even that function went away in 2007. After that, storage and shelf presence were the only real functions of the canisters.It's kind of interesting that Hero Factory actually briefly brought story importance and play value back to canisters. They acted as Hero Pods, the single-pilot craft used on various missions, and could be carried and deployed by the Drop Ship set from 2010. But by 2012 I think they were becoming a bit impractical. Their standardized size kept hero sets and villain sets segregated into separate price points, which I don't think was serving either category all that well. I feel like the smaller villain sets released in 2012 (Jawblade, Toxic Reapa, Thornraxx, and XT4) are some of the best villain sets in the entire theme, and the larger hero sets have been able to include features like back armor that would not be as cost-effective at the smaller $8-10 price point.