Onua Mistika Revamp

Hi guys, here's my Onua Mistika Revamp for the Bio-Revamp Cup MOCPages Invitational Tournament (For those who were knocked out *ahem* by Chro *Ahem* from the real BRC. So, without further adiue, I give you one of my more pleasing revamps that will, okay, I've run out of ways to procrastinate. C&C guys!

LINK

Edited by Phantom Terror

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Interesting shape, I suppose. The thick legs and lower torso contrast strangely with the thin shoulder/upper torso area. It might look a ton better if you armored that up (the upper torso section, that is).

I'd also recommend not instagramming your photos (or whatever that black edging is). I would also say that you should make the link to the actual MOC more obvious. It's not hard to find, but the lack of a visible link might turn people away from looking at it.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Interesting shape, I suppose. The thick legs and lower torso contrast strangely with the thin shoulder/upper torso area. It might look a ton better if you armored that up (the upper torso section, that is).

I'd also recommend not instagramming your photos (or whatever that black edging is). I would also say that you should make the link to the actual MOC more obvious. It's not hard to find, but the lack of a visible link might turn people away from looking at it.

Okay, I thought that the torso and the arms looked pretty good with the way that I put them together and my options that I had to work with. I didn't want to mediocre of an arm design that it would score lowly, but I also didn't want something that wouldn't work (A Metru torso for the left arm. It looked horrible!). I was testing out some camera functions and forgot to switch them back.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Had to go into the page source to find the link. I'm sorry to say getting to see the MOC was not worth that effort. I don't approve of these kinds of shenanigans and I doubt anyone else does either. If you don't want people to see your MOCs, don't waste your time posting a topic for them, and if you do want people to see your MOCs, don't waste our time on pointless scavenger hunts.Here's the link to save other visitors some trouble. Looking at the main post again, I could find the link, but you really have nothing to gain from hiding it.Anyway, here's what I think of the MOC. Overall, one of the main criticisms of the original Mistika Toa Onua set when it was new was that he looked spindly, not muscular like Onua is typically imagined. Your MOC manages to look even more spindly than the original set. He has no volume whatsoever to his chest — just a column-like torso and branch-like shoulders. The thighs use a shell piece whose texture that has no stylistic consistency with any other piece on the MOC. The construction of the upper and lower legs feels disjointed. The upper arms are nice, if still a bit spindly. The weapon in the right arm is kind of cool, but lacks volume on the underside.Overall, there are a lot of custom constructions going on in this MOC, which shows ingenuity, but it doesn't all pay off in the long run. Don't be afraid to use simpler solutions if they end up looking better than completely custom designs.Your main image being in grayscale initially led me to believe this MOC was extremely ugly and boring. It looks better in color, so I'm not sure what led you to make that bizarre presentation decision. Presentation is everything. If you want people to like your MOCs, don't make them look boring with pointless filters, or put pointless obstacles in the way of anyone who wants to look at your MOC. Just show people the MOC they came to see.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Had to go into the page source to find the link. I'm sorry to say getting to see the MOC was not worth that effort. I don't approve of these kinds of shenanigans and I doubt anyone else does either. If you don't want people to see your MOCs, don't waste your time posting a topic for them, and if you do want people to see your MOCs, don't waste our time on pointless scavenger hunts.Your main image being in grayscale initially led me to believe this MOC was extremely ugly and boring. It looks better in color, so I'm not sure what led you to make that bizarre presentation decision. Presentation is everything. If you want people to like your MOCs, don't make them look boring with pointless filters, or put pointless obstacles in the way of anyone who wants to look at your MOC. Just show people the MOC they came to see.

The reason I "hid" the link was because I thought that some people would think that it was funny (based off of what I saw on another website). But it didn't work out here.

Like I stated previously, I accidentally left my camera on a ceratin function and forgot about it (my camera doesn't show what the picture will look like until after I've taken the pic.)

HERE!

Honestly, the custom designs for the torso and other areas look...very disproportionate seeing as you put some effort in making it custom.

Honestly, it looks like you added things to the MoC for the sake of adding things to it. An example of this would include the red jets on the backs of the upper legs. They don't go with the MoC, honestly, at all.

The torso looks very awkward with it being custom. That could be improved on a lot. The proportions looks like something that could be improved on a lot also, add some armor on the torso. It's very empty compared to the rest of the MoC.

The arms look like you tried just a little bit of asymmetry with the shield on the upper arm, but I think it would like better somewhere on the back of the MoC. The hands you used are a pretty overuused technique, but I'm fine with it I suppose.

The weapon shows promise with the design, but as Aanchir said, lacking volume on the bottom.

Overall, the MoC includes a lot of unique, custom designs throughout the MoC. You tried to show you could work custom designs into your work, but you missed the target on this one. I prefer simpler designs over overly complex designs that don't really work out.

You tried to put custom designs into your work, which I appreciate. Even though you missed the target this time, keep trying! Your MoC designs can only get better.