BBC Contest #65 Preliminary Poll Jose Carioca

BBC Contest #65 Preliminary Poll Jose Carioca  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preliminary Poll Jose CariocaBBC Contest #65: For the Birds!Here we are... it's the first round of voting for BBC Contest #65: For the Birds!Two entries from each poll will advance, as well as two overall wildcards.Preliminary Voting begins June 24th and ends June 27nd at 11:59 P.M. EST.Final Voting begins August 3rd and ends August 4th at 11:59 P.M. EST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on August 6th.---------------------------------------------------------BZP Rules and Guidelines---------------------------------------------------------1. bbc-65-penguin.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Penguin2. entrypic.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Cyanistes caeruleus3. dsc_0008.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Hydroenix4. entry_pic.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Buzzy The Hummingbird5. terrorbird1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Terror Bird6. c65_09.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Hummaera7. c65_15.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Yellow-bellied Silverwing8. entry.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Kahu9. entry_pic_1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Modra Bird
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Terror Bird is the clear choice. Does an excellent job of capturing its source material, and the stubby flightless wings are totes adorbs. 8 is interesting in a 2001-ish sort of way...would not be out of place in the MNOLG.

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

Man oh man oh man. This is a tough one. The penguin is unique in the contest as far as I'm aware of, the hummingbird is really cute (although color wise it's not particularly accurate), the Terror Bird is just splendid, and the Hummaera is strikingly detailed. In the end, though ... Terror Bird, with Hummaera a very close second. Would love to see both in the finals, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I voted for myself (#5), because... I'm not a good person, I guess. I love the Kahu, though. I wish it had some color but it's a great revamp in the old style.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

This is tough. Terror Bird is great, but in the end I think that Kahu looks more polished. I usually find exposed, square technic to be a fault in MOCs, but Kahu, even setting nostalgia aside, makes it work. It just looks the best out of this poll's offerings.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Almost voted for the Terror Bird, but I figured it was well represented, so I gave my vote to the Modra Bird because of it's great use of parts and flow, especially on the feet and tail. Should have self-voted though. I don't have any votes!

C. Caeruleus is a remarkably retro design that really speaks to me in a historical sense. However, I feel it lacks some degree of character. It might have helped if its eyes were more visible. Its wings are somewhat blocky and it is hard to judge whether they would look any good when outstretched.Buzzy is the most successful micro-MOC in this contest, even with so many colors in his color scheme. I also don't like its reliance on rubber bands, which are somewhat distracting when this exposed on a MOC this small.The terror bird is incredibly amusing, with a design that is equal parts fearsome and comical. Streamlined, too, which is impressive on a model this pudgy. But it is not as recognizably bird-like as the MOCs that imitate more typical modern birds.Hummaera has a very bright and ornate color scheme, cute proportions, good articulation, and a good balance of smooth and detailed textures.The Kahu has a very unified mechanical aesthetic, but it loses some of its birdlike quality in the process. It is also not very exciting with regard to colors. The gears would be more impressive if they had a more significant function, rather than being merely for looks. As it is, the model is more functional than the original Kahu, but visually not nearly as impressive.In the end I voted Hummaera. :)

Ouch! This was a really good batch of entries.

Hmm, the entries that stood out for me were Terror, Cyanistes, Hummaera, Kahu, Modra, and Buzzy.

Down to the wire with details, my absoulute favorites were Terror, Cyanistes and Hummaera.

With the flow of nice details and a very nice color scheme, Hummaera gets my vote.

Edited by Phantomesque

Terror Bird was good enough to make me log back in to vote for it.

despite that he saw blatant similarity

he struggled to find distinctive moiety

all he found was vulgar superficiality

but he focused it to sharpness

and shared it with the others

it signified his anger and his misery

them and us