What LEGO Themes Do You Like?

Black Six

What are your favorite LEGO themes?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

#1: Galaxy Squad, there seems to be a little bit of a story going on, and it seems a little intriguing (if BIONICLE was up there, it would take both of my votes).

#2: Hero Factory, not much of a story, but great figures and pieces.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

It wasn't until I looked at this poll that I realized my almost all my favorite themes have all been cancelled. Too bad. Anyway, it was a toss up between Minifigures and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit. I voted the latter for my first favorite because the sets are quite beautiful, but I appreciate the Minifigures for their unique prints and accessories.

BZPRPG

1) Technic; Why is this my favorite theme? Because:

- It tends to have more challenging builds compared to themes like Hero Factory, which one can pretty much build without instructions really.

- They tend have cool features like moving parts with motors or pistons.

- They often have GEARS involved in someway, which has always been my favorite feature from BIONICLE in the early days.

2) Star Wars; Why is this my second favorite theme? Because:

- It has awesome recreations of events from the movies.

- Its builds can definitely be difficult if you buy large sets like R2-D2 (Item # 10225).

- It has great detail minifigures of characters from the films.

Hm...I know you didn't ask for it, but I am going to include my next couple of favorites here as well.

3) Lord of Rings; Why is this my third favorite theme? Because:

- Like with Star Wars, it has awesome recreations of events from the movies (Great builds for some too.) and great minifigures. I can't think of any other reason to justify me liking it than that. (After all, I did buy all of last year's wave from Shop at Home mostly because of this reason alone.)

4) Ninjago; Why is this my fourth favorite theme? Because:

- It has a decent story much like BIONICLE did, but it was presented in much better way and format. It is by no means as complex as BIONICLE was, but it is definitely has itself an interesting world and mythology around it.

- I like the design of the sets.

- JMJ 2013

Edited by Jedi Master J.

1st: Hero Factory2nd: Ninjago

I was undecided about which of these would be first and which would be second, but I decided that since I have gotten some of this year's Hero Factory sets and none of this year's Ninjago sets, that'd probably speak for itself. Other themes I enjoy would be Legends of Chima (although I haven't gotten any sets yet), Friends (One set, bought for a specific part, but I do like the designs), City (don't often get sets but do enjoy helping Dad with his), The Lone Ranger (like the Western theme from my youth, but better; no sets yet, unfortunately), Minifigures (amazing, and I have a lot, but I wouldn't call it my favorite) and the Modular Buildings (which are not quite City, not quite Creator, and thus don't appear on this poll)

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Alright, let's be honest.Who else voted Friends.

Bahahaha! Well, as much as I love all the new awesome rubber hairpieces... :P

#1: Minifigures. They're both awesome and affordable. If I could afford to spend more money on Lego, it may not be my #1, but it would still be a major contender.

#2: Star Wars. See my Avatar. Seriously, though, I've been a Lego Star Wars fan ever since it got started in 1999 (oh, the memories of that B-Wing and the Millenium Falcon) and for the longest time it was my absolute favorite theme. To this day the ships are awesome, the walkers and other vehicles are awesome, the figs are awesome, and I still have a thing for space fantasy. Need I say more? Not to mention I'm excited for the new animated show Star Wars Rebels and the movie Episode VII.

EDIT: And how many of us are excited about this year's Fall line of Star Wars? RED MANDALORIANS. AND AN AT-TE. NOT TO MENTION JANGO FETT.

Honestly, though, why wasn't Pirates in this list? :P

I actually had a hard time choosing Star Wars as my favorite, as Galaxy Squad and LOTR are awesome as well.

And as awesome as Friends is, (just think of all the new animals molds, too. AND THE HAIRPIECES) it didn't quite make the cut. :P

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

I only voted City as my number one even though it feels like they just rehash police and fire departments while forgetting there's more to city life than that - I'm still waiting on my hospital! Anyway, I didn't really have anything else that I buy...except for Hero Factory but I only buy them for parts and to corrupt their story so that the factory is evil and then throw in some space-time travelling shenanigans.that break the barriers between the Before-Time and After-Time of my lego universe. but I digress...

As for Galaxy Squad, I vote them as my '2 because while I've not bought any of them yet they do have my interest, particularly since the largest set is actually decent value for money.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

You know, Lego, the only reason i dont buy more of your products is because as an unemployed 17 year old from a family that doesnt own 5 pools, a mansion, and a ferrari, I DONT HAVE MONEY!

Thank you, just wanted to say that the ONLY reason i dont buy more lego stuff is lack of money.

Otherwise, yeah sure, hero factory and technic, technic is probably better than hero factory, but hero factory is at least giving me LOTS of cool pieces, even if they have no discernable story element.

my_card.jpg

credit to Bonesiii for the av,

credit to xecha for the template for the card, but I did all the work on it, thank you very much!

credit to taka nuvia (or her current name) for the original skullbud .2 file of which i edited,

to make the thing you see in my sign-off, if/when i use them

I am the who when you ask; "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night, Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

I am The Darkness underneath your bed, I am the thoughts inside your head

Who Am I, You Ask? I Am One Of Many, And Many Are The _G.R.I.D_

WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME

1: Games

2: Minifigures

Over the years I've been leaning away from Bionicle and Hero Factory in terms of sets. I've been going more towards building block sets and miniatures are my favorites. Some of the coolest miniatures come from games (I'm especially happy with my LEGO City Police game).

Minifigures are always fun as well. I love mixing and matching and coming up with my own little story with a fairly large cast of characters. The Series Minifigs are very great for this as well as customized figures.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I voted for Hero Factory as my favorite theme because of the sets. Whatever you think of the story behind the sets, Hero Factory introduced a new building system that provides even more variety in the already versatile line of Lego action figures.I was really, really tempted to vote for Games as my second favorite theme, but I voted for Star Wars instead because it has some really good set designs.

Aaaahhh this is such a hard question! My favorite is definitely either Ninjago or Hero Factory, but specifying which is a real challenge.I'm going to go ahead and say Hero Factory is my favorite and Ninjago is my second-favorite. I find the story of Ninjago a bit more compelling (because even setting aside the difference in quality, there's just a lot more Ninjago story to enjoy), but the majority of my MOCing is with Hero Factory parts. There's just something about a simple, systematic style of building, as well as the very idea of building characters versus building scenery and vehicles, that I find remarkably therapeutic. And since this is a question about LEGO themes, I suppose the LEGO building component should really be the deciding factor in which I prefer.I'm glad you didn't make us choose a third-favorite. Ninjago and Hero Factory are the only two on that list that I really collect passionately. I'll buy Minifigures packets if there's a figure that piques my interest, and I keep close tabs on Galaxy Squad, City, Friends, and Castle, but choosing one of those would be impossible.

#1: Star Wars. I ronically, I have never officially bough a Star Wars set, but I have a lot of Lego Star Wars stuff, particularly from a large tub of Lego peices I bought from someone.

#2: Hero Factory. I like the sets. I use the pieces to build Bionicle characters. But then I eventually reassemble my HF sets. But the storyline is not all that great.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

1. LOTR/The Hobbit: I love the detail that goes into these sets, and I love the movies.

2. Galaxy Squad: I think it's a really interesting concept and has some really neat vehicle designs. I hope we get at least one more year out of it to see some new alien designs. (I'm honestly surprised this theme doesn't get much love...)

Ninjago and Minifigures, because they're the last two I bought and Ninjago is sort of my Bionicle 'second'.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

HF first because I MOC with it, though I don't know anything about the story. I picked City as second because that seems to be the closest thing to the Modular Bbuildings and Architecture and those are pretty much the only non-HF sets I have bought recently.

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

Bionicle. :annoyed:

Out of those that haven't been banned, Castle was always my next fave, and I like Minifigs somewhat too.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Star Wars. I've got only so much money these days, so I don't buy much Lego. I probably spend more money on Lego than I should. But I particularly like the SWTOR ones, since it's been my dream to get some EU stuff in Lego form. Also because I'm an SWTOR addict. (Though maaaaan I'd stab someone for a Phantom or a Mantis. I mean the Fury's nice, but come on, the Phantom is shiniest. And dangit, I'm gonna end up buying the Defender just for Qyzen and T7 . . .)

I also like the Architecture sets. Those are pretty sweet. They fulfill my nerdier than Star Wars side.

Haven't been keeping track of Hero Factory or Ninjago even though those are apparently the things these days. I don't think I have time or money to get into a new Lego fandom.

If I had a cool thing to put here

I would put it here

Probably not though

It'd probably be some dumb meme

Maybe some hipster-tastic lyrics

Who cares

Architecture is a current theme. ;_;

architecture is a theme for adults not kids it's not suitable for bzpower gosh i don't know why 'advent calendars' isn't listed here though. what a great seasonal theme that is ever year. :')

Some themes removed because we can only have 16 poll options.