Bionicle Flash Game Glitches/Etc.

What are the glitches and such (whether they be good or bad) you have noticed in the Bionicle Flash games (and yes, I know MNOLG 2 was just one big glitch, but whatever).

My favorite one would be that in Matoran Escape you can hold down the space bar (Switch Character) and while you hold it down you will keep switching, and you are invincible for the most part. For example, Zamor spheres go straight through you without doing anything.

What ones have you noticed?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

^ Above: I totally took advantage of that one. :P

Anyway, if you don't get the Po-Koro chisel for some reason in the MNOG, the ending cutscene won't play and you'll just see the loading screen forever.

Also, in MNOG 2 if you're talking to someone when the bells ring, you can get indefinite flax, string, or rope regardless of how much supplies you have.

I remembered another one where (in Matoran Escape, again) Hakann seems to warp from one side of the screen to the other. You don't actually see it, but one moment he's in one place and in the next he's in another.

Anyway, if you don't get the Po-Koro chisel for some reason in the MNOG, the ending cutscene won't play and you'll just see the loading screen forever.

That's odd, I seem to recall it playing the cutscene regardless. :???:

- Indecisive Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

That's odd, I seem to recall it playing the cutscene regardless. :???:

- Indecisive Individual

There seem to be some glitches that only show up in a few versions of the games. That would explain it.

That's odd, I seem to recall it playing the cutscene regardless. :???: - Indecisive Individual
There seem to be some glitches that only show up in a few versions of the games. That would explain it.
2006 download version.

This is false, I'm afraid. I didn't get the Chisel in my speedrun of the game, and the ending played just fine.

EDIT: Read the above post, apparently this is only in the 2006 version. Sorry 'bout that.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

For the record: I've noticed no (major) glitches in Inika Island Assault; the spacebar-based invincibility in Matoran Escape is almost the only way to beat Hakann's final level; and Hakann's "warping" is actually due to the fact that multiple Hakanns are placed in any given level that contains him, in different places (wherever a boss is needed).

Sands of Time is kind of shoddy and glitch-ridden.

:P If Strakk is sliding along the ground, he will morph into Takadox and start leaping around if you try to jump on him. Malum briefly turns into Mantax when destroyed.

I don't know how it's caused, but in the Barraki Platform Game, Kalmah will often be given no weapon, and his melee attack will simply be whacking opponents with his hand (socket). This actually happens more often than either his tentacle or the cheat-code frying pan, as a weapon.

With the slow reaction speed and "porous walls" of BIONICLE Mahri: Hewkii (the Jetix-hosted one, not "Command Toa Hewkii"), there are often glitch movements - Barraki will blink through walls or be pushed off the screen, enemies will appear in inexplicable parts of the level.

The Battle for Mata Nui practically is a glitch, and simply doesn't show up on most computers (at least the downloadable versions - I haven't played an online version).

Archived online versions of Piraka Attack often fail to display the Pirakas' dialogue.

Last and least glitchily, Command Toa Matoro is simply set up such that once you push certain blocks together, you can no longer go in a certain direction (sometimes making it impossible to complete a level/stage).

That's all I know, but I hope other people know more.

:P I do enjoy a good glitch.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

God, as said above, MNOLG II was a big bag of glitches. As a kid I would always get stuck in that game, and never get past Ga-koro either because

A: Going into Nixie's hut would bring up a loading screen of a water droplet, and never load or

B: At some points areas would turn into big black screens, with a large red dot in the middle, couldn't escape.

Did these happen to anyone else?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite one would be that in Matoran Escape you can hold down the space bar (Switch Character) and while you hold it down you will keep switching, and you are invincible for the most part. For example, Zamor spheres go straight through you without doing anything.

Ha, I remembered when I first discovered that one. I was epic afterwards.

Did anyone ever complete the game without that glitch? :P

Aside from that one, I have never been able to play the Battle for Mata Nui.

le-koro_banner.jpg

Also, in MNOG 2 if you're talking to someone when the bells ring, you can get indefinite flax, string, or rope regardless of how much supplies you have.

I never knew about those two glitches. I'll have to try that out the next time I'm playing them...

Bliss.png

God, as said above, MNOLG II was a big bag of glitches. As a kid I would always get stuck in that game, and never get past Ga-koro either because

A: Going into Nixie's hut would bring up a loading screen of a water droplet, and never load or

B: At some points areas would turn into big black screens, with a large red dot in the middle, couldn't escape.

Did these happen to anyone else?

I had so many LEGO accounts back in the day because of those two glitches. Talking to Nokama would prevent anyone else from talking to you, and whenever I tried to go down the road that split Ko-Koro from Le-Koro and Ta-Koro, the game would not load Hahli ever, thus corrupting my progress. For some reason, the Kohlii Field in Ga-Koro was open once, despite there being no match, and I walked in and became trapped in the Kohlii scene without any other Matoran around (I don't remember if the ball spawned or not), I think I got stuck out in the ocean once, etc.

Vezonthebabbler came over to my house a little while ago and this happened:

screenshot_better.png

Yeah, that's what we thought too.

What's the glitch?

Vezonthebabbler came over to my house a little while ago and this happened:screenshot_better.png Yeah, that's what we thought too.

So the nova bomb got stuck?

Yup. We both kinda freaked out.

Solution found: jump really high some how.

Edited by Damaracx 8.0

You can't. There is no double jump. :(

Oh, I just remembered one that works for both Matoran Escape and Inika Island Assault:

While you are reading the pages with the arrow facing right on the bottom, you can click the button really fast and it will go through all the pages quickly (obviously). But YOU CAN CONTINUE CLICKING AND IT WILL CONTINUE MAKING THE SOUND!

But if you stop clicking and try again, it doesn't work.