Pohatu Mata Revamp

Here's my brother's revamp of Pohatu Mata. We wanted to remake the Toa Mata with more poseability while keeping them relatively the same size.

He's slightly taller than a regular Mata, but my brother wanted to give him more powerful-looking legs. The only real criticism I have about the build are his hands.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

Edited by darthme

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

Well, from here, the articulation seems great.

Compared to your last revamp, I'm not a fan of this one as much. You should of said no to your brother, I don't like the hands either... The legs, and torso are things to be improved on too to make the color scheme more consistent.

Speaking of the color scheme, it could be improved to stay more to the roots of the Pohatu Mata you modeled it after.

There is much to be improved in this revamp, but I still think you did and OK job on Pohatu.

Edited by Phantomesque

To be honest, it doesn't look too much like Pohatu other than the mask and feet, but a big part of that is the color scheme and Pohatu's is a particularly hard one to replicate because there aren't a ton of brown or tan pieces released compared to red and blues and such...Anyway, that aside, this had some good parts to it. The body works okay for being the size it is, and the waist articulation is a plus. I actually kind of like the blocky hands, and while they don't really fit with Pohatu, I think they would work alright for any other MOC. The legs, however, look a little sparse compared to the body, and I'm just not getting a powerful-vibe from them. Overall, while it could use some improvements, it's still a decent MOC. Nice work! :music:

The first thing I notice, is that (1. His hands are too big. And (2. His hands are the complete opposite of each other. By that, his left should be on his right, vise versa.

Looks nice for a re-vamp of Pohatu, only thing is the hands. Try going for some smaller hands, but not too small. I really do like what you did with the Panrak head, and the nice simply style complements the other body pieces.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg