The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC: 686 Locker Room

686 stood silently letting the robots words sink in, then one by one the lights started to flicker off. He heard the sound of metal and flesh hitting something and the Toa of Lightning tell the group to be on guard.

He activated his Ranged Dual Shot Gauntlets and scanned the room. "I'm always on guard, sister." he said with a smile. Finally there was something he could take his aggression out on. He began to wonder why he had called 271 'sister' then shrugged it off. There were better things to focus on now.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

IC: 306, Locker Room

"I don't think I'll need it," she said. The Toa passed the object back to 271 and balled her hands into fists. Two blades sprang out of her gauntlets and she stroked the button on her hand which had launched them, chinking the two blades together accidentally. She squeaked, before looking around fruitlessly for 7725. "Long name, where are you?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

IC: 7725, Locker Room: Requiem IV

7725 heard someone calling out to him. He swung his light around to find 306 standing not far from the group congregated around the droid. As the light splashed over her, he could see she had blades drawn. It seemed every Toa had some hidden gauntlet tool.

"I'm over here with the light," he said, lowering the beam to keep her from being a target. "Have you seen 400?"

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

"Last I saw, he was at his locker."

The Toa walked over to the one she considered a friend. "Stick with me, long name. Shall we split up and find him?

Edited by Neelh

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"We should probably keep together as a group, 400 shouldn't be far."

7725 walked two rows over, shining his light up and down each row before crossing. When he reached the 400's row, he shone the light in the direction 400 should have been in.

OOC: My name is not that long. lol.gif

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC (400)

He concentrated as hard as he could to block out the noises. Don't... can't go crazy.

The Ko-Matoran's fingers trembled as he held up one of his little canisters to his locker, the other hand busy unclasping and clicking wires together that ran out from the hexagonal panel on the back of his suit, which chirped every time he made an erroneous connection. After a few seconds, with a little hiss, the two older canisters were successfully joined together, and with a simple hook he could attach them to the others. He attached the two retrieved from the locker to his hip and shone the other canister's light into the locker. He paused on the dead plant, confused. Why would this be in a locker?

He grabbed the little key, attached it beside the canisters, and rolled up the two notes without reading them. He reached up to pry off the hexagon from the door to the locker when he glanced to the side and was immediately blinded by a bright light washing over his eyes.

"Aeuhugh!"

OOC

or whatever sound one makes when looking into a headlamp.

"400!" she cried. "Long name, I think you're blinding him." She ran forwards to make a shadow between the two.

OOC: Is too. Seven-seven-two-five is long to say. 306 is a lazy buttface. also sleep

Edited by Neelh

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

IC:"Uh, hello?" 29824 asked the other being. "Are you alright? You seem to have spaced out."

OOC:Hello, Fourteenth? Also, my name's probably one of the longest. And, instead of saying "Seven-Seven-two-five", say "Seventy-seven-twenty-five". Rolls off the tongue better.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

7725 lowered his light, apologizing. At least they had found everyone. They still did not know the cause of the light failure or the source of the noise.

"Did anyone hear which direction that strange noise came from?"

OOC: Av got it. There's another way you could call the number using a phone dial pad, but it'll probably only make sense to me.

Edited by Rauta

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 72 (Arena)

"So, what are we doing? Are we going back up, or exploring somemore?"

She taps her foot somewhat impatiently, waiting quietly wasn't one of her skills, apparently.

OOC: Sorry I've been inactive. Back now!

To Group 2: You guys are screwed.

IC: 655 - Training Deck

"Let's look around down here for a bit." 655 said while glancing upward. "Considering we can't get up there right now anyway..."

655 cupped his hands next to his mouth, and took a deep breath.

"Anyone up there!?" He shouted.

If anyone didn't hear that, they were deaf.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck / Kolhii Arena391 shifted her weight from one foot to the other, glancing uneasily at the gaping hole in the ceiling. "We'd better get back up. Explosions like that, like that one we just heard... they're not good. My memory's shot, but not completely. I know what that can mean. Engineer's code is, if an accident is even suspected of having occurred, you drop whatever you're doing and get the Karzahni over there."She eyed the opening. "We're going to have to use somebody as a living ladder, I think, then pull that person up last of all."

ICC: 655 - Training Deck

Nobody responded to 655's shouting. The Toa of Stone turned to 391 as she finished speaking.

"We're going to have to use somebody as a living ladder, I think, then pull that person up last of all." She was saying.

"As much as I hate being stepped on, I think you're right." 655 said. "And there's no way 72 can lift all of us. I'd say the best option would be for me and Iron boy over there to lift you and 72 up. Think it's worth a shot?"

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

655 walked over so he was directly underneath the hole, and closer to 31415. He crouched down and held his hands together at waist height so 391 could use them as a stepping stone.

"Well then, up you go." He said.

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck / Kolhii Arena"Honestly, I think another 'bot may be the least of our problems, considering how quickly the first went down... but you've got a point."Using the two Toa's hands as a step, the female GPE swung herself lightly up into a standing position on 655's broad shoulders. From there, it was a simple matter to grasp the jagged edges of the gash and haul herself upwards and out, clambering to her feet as she reached the upper level. A quick glance around showed the area to be clear of threats, and 391 turned back to the opening and dropped into a three-point crouch at the edge, preparing to aid the next climber-upper."Everything's A-OK. Send up the Matoran."

IC: 72 (Arena)

"I've got a na-number, ya know.."

Muttering under her breath, 72 steps on to the two Toa's hands. From there, she follows 391's path onto 655's shoulders, and hands the engineer her staff before realizing that it wasn't going to be easy.

"Sorry, 655.."

Without waiting for an answer, she takes the Onu-Toa's hand and launches herself upwards using the Stone Toa's head. Stumbling forwards a step or two, she quickly recovers and returns to the hole.

"Who's next?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC:"If we're attacked, can I trust you enough not to attack me in battle?" #29824 asked the other being, whose number tag identified her as 7.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

The lights went out.

OOC: Light should still be on in your region unless you're planning something yourself. Which is totally allowed, unless it's the Lost.

[iC-GM] Locker Room, Personnel Deck

With 306 poised to block off some of the light behind 7725, both were now facing towards 400. 400, while not exactly of great stature as a Matoran, could still - as his eyesight began to clear - look over and see over the shoulders of the other two, due to distance. What he saw was not something most people want to see.

Three very long - based on what could and couldn't be seen, at least a full Bio - fingers (for, by the way of the joints and the shapes of the claws at the end) came from behind the two, in the darkness where none of 7725's light shone and, due to the direction of the light, made even darker. All that 400 could really see was a silhouette; a silhouette that appeared to be pulling back and in complete silence.

Which left him as the only person who could give 7725 any kind of warning as the clawed fingers moved in to impale the side of his helmet.

OOC: When I say "only person" I mean only person. Otherwise, things may not go so dandy...

In other news, I used a pink font because pink is a happy color and you are all going to die.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC (400)He was no hero. But these were as close as friends a he had.He would welcome oblivion.The words came unbidden to his mouth even as he clenched the wires connecting one of the old canisters to his waist, his suit chirping and beeping in his ears."Get down! It's behind you!"The Ko-Matoran half yelled, half stuttered, his words just beginning to echo in the dark space. He ripped off the canister and hurled it in panic just over the two between him and... the thing. Without time to re-channel the charge, the static electricity in the little canister lit up both ends, effectively forming a strobing effect on the floor and ceiling as it spun through the air.oocReally 400? "get down it's behind you" is seriously the best thing you can say? What a fool.ugh just giving up on the font tags for now.

Edited by Funcle K.

IC: 8 in Personnel Deck

Darkness....and then a light.

A mysterious green and red toa awoke with a start. He paused to look around to see what this new found 'light' was. He looked at the object in front him. He could see an opaque reflection of himself in this window. Through the window there were thousands of cambers like the one he was in, but they were either full empty or smashed.

"Seriously, why did they have to smash such valuable pieces of technology?" he asked himself,"All they had to do was push that button right-"

He paused for a moment. Who was he? He thought about actually considering such a ridiculous question when he could remember some button that he vaguely knew anything about.

"So, apparently; buttons are more important then my name." He said with obvious sarcasm in his tone of voice,"What's even more ridiculous is that I can't remember where this button is..."

He decided to look around in the capsule he was imprisoned in only to find an ID tag: 8. He also then realized he was wearing a some sort-of suit.

This suit had the same color-scheme he had: mostly red and green with some black and white streaks. He liked it. What a coincidence it was to see they had picked a number that he'd just now considered as his favorite or was it really just now. Had been his favorite. He wish he knew the answer to that. He couldn't exactly recall anything aside from the button-more-important-than-his-own-name-that-he-didn't-even-know-where-it-was or the possibility he'd just rediscovered that his favorite number is 8.

He'd spent so much time pondering his past he completely forgot about his very own imprisonment in this giant tube.

When he did stop to think about this he said,"I'd better get out of here. It's kind of cramped..." and with that he almost instinctively used the engineer equipment given to him to open the door from the inside.

Freedom.

Edited by Damaracx 8.0

OOC: Some slight bunnying, Rauta, to keep your character from being shredded apart.

[iC-GM] Locker Room, Personnel Deck

The canister was alight with electricity for a short while, though almost immediately as it went over the heads of the two it began flickering quicker, as though it were running low on ability. For just a moment, anyone turned in that direction would see what stood there. All it appeared as in the shifting light was a silhouette framed against the room; bipedal, with long, spindly legs reaching up to a hunched body, a head atop and long arms with even longer fingers.

These same fingers went out and across where 7725 would have been just moments ago had he not heeded the warning and ducked just out of the way. Left without the original target, the hand once more stretched out and the fingers wrapped around the canister, pulling it to its hand and in a single moment apparently draining it of all power, taking away that flashing light and leaving just the headlight once more.

There was the sound of the canister dropping, and then the sound of movement. It was... well, on the move.

OOC: Introducing Mr. Fingers, who will be your jump scare for the evening. His font color is violet with an extra "n."

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

BANG!

8 quickly turned after hearing something hit the ground. He could tell it wasn't to close to him, however, he couldn't find out whether or not it far either. Guess the sound was in the same room, but still far away he figured he must be in a BIG room.

IC: 7725, Locker Doom: Requiem IV

400 shouted out and tossed one of his canisters. Not knowing how close he was, 7725 threw himself to the floor once again, covering his head and neck with his hands. He was getting good at this, maybe it was part of his training.

He didn't get to see the thing that had nearly killed him, but he wasn't sure he wanted to. 7725 felt the canister bounce off his back, then heard the sound of the creature moving.

He tapped the left side of his helmet and buried his face in the floor, cursing himself silently. The light had not done what he had wanted it to do upon discovering the feature. It had made them easier targets. It had almost gotten him killed.

OOC: I was hoping to swing the light around and at least get a good look at his feet, but this will do.

Edited by Rauta

Teridax to Vakama

The Iron Toa nodded and said,

"I'll take the rear."

"Alright" 655 said as he put his foot into 31415's hands and got up onto his shoulders. The Toa of Stone leaped and was able to grab onto one of 391's hands. 655 grunted and pulled himself up into the other room.

"Only on more to go."655 said as he and 391 prepared to help the Toa of Iron.

IC: 819 [Training Deck]

The ringing was getting quieter now, 819 could faintly hear the sounds of the voices of 913 and 355. He began to walk down the hallway towards the elevators, and remarked at how far down the hallway the three were.

IC: 999 [Golden Sand Canary]

999 deactivated the stream of light and switched onto night vision. He looked at the hole in the ceiling, waiting for the thing to come out.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

999 deactivated the stream of light and switched onto night vision. He looked at the hole in the ceiling, waiting for the thing to come out.

BANG!

8 quickly turned after hearing something hit the ground. He could tell it wasn't to close to him, however, he couldn't find out whether or not it far either. Guess the sound was in the same room, but still far away he figured he must be in a BIG room.

OOC: @ Canis; If I planned on attacking you through the hole, it'd have attacked you already. Not moving if the worst thing you can do. :P

@ Damaracx; I hope you're not referring to the group in the Locker Room; they're in an entirely different section of the Personnel Deck, if that's the sound source.

[iC-NPC] Mr. Fingers

Personnel Deck; Locker Room

Movement could be heard all over; the shock of what had just happened was enough to keep anyone from focusing on just where the sound was coming from. The room had a pretty good echo, which didn't help matters much; it just seemed the sounds were coming from all directions.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Long name," she murmured worriedly. "Long name, snap out of it!"

306 stood over her new friend protectively, looking around. She was determined, but her efforts were in futility.

"We're going to die, aren't we?"

Edited by Neelh

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

306's voice snapped 7725 back to reality. They still had a problem to deal with, he could hear the creature moving about the room. If they didn't act quickly, someone wouldn't be surviving.

7725 looked up. "I-I don't know what the Karz that was, but 400 must've had a good look at it. It's my fault it found us so easily."

Teridax to Vakama

The mention of another's name made 306 look around for 400. Her eyes landed on him, and she went to grab him and pull him closer into the group.

"We should all stick really close together, or we'll split faster than-" She stopped in realisation. "Where's Bard?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

IC (400)

The Ko-Matoran broke out of 306's grip and retrieved the dead, wilted plant from the locker as fast as he dared and shut it. He clutched the planter delicately to his chest as he began to back up, calling for the other two.

"Come on, we need to b-be anywhere but here!" He hoarsely whispered. Images of the monstrosity burned in his eyes, like a terrible force that drained the will from his heart. "Turn your light down," he called to 7725, "and let's go!"

He didn't know if they should go looking for the singing fool that probably alerted that thing right where they were. Maybe it's best if we go in smaller groups. He'll probably be okay... I hope.

"24601," she whispered, before raising her voice. "Where is he? Bring him too!"

OOC: Sherlock downstairs. Do not disturb.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

7725 stood up and held his had just in front of his forehead. No light reflected off of his hand. Ok, he knew how that feature worked.

"24601 might be a row over, 686 and 271 were together when we ran over here. We can try to collect them, but I agree that we need to get out of here."

Teridax to Vakama

OOC: @TLZ: Nope.

"It sounded like it came from", 8 turned around and saw something pretty disappointing: part of the canister fell off,"Or I guess it was a small in noise in a decent sized room..."

8 walked over to where it was and before he could start he looked at the piece of metal he was carrying. He could it had a sickly brownish color with silver painting peeling off. It was......what was it.....rust? Yeah, that was it, rust.

He quickly screwed it back on with a in-built screw drive he had found.

"There; finished", he said almost admiring the work, but there was one thing that had slightly bothered him....the rust....shouldn't it not be there if the inside was probably made of the same material, but did not have it?

Deciding it would be best to double check this he walked over canister and accidentally made a wrong step and 8 tripped before he got to the canister. Little did he know that this was probably the best thing that physics had done to him in probably his entire life that he remembered.

"Activating suit."

Edited by Damaracx 8.0

IC[slash]:Slash, who had been copying the contents of the discs and storage devices to his powersuit's database, readied a stun-burst. He activated a basic room-mapping algorithm and looked around.OOC: Cue the low-res shenanigans.IC[59049]:59049 looked around for a route away from the hole in the ceiling.

Edited by Killer_Myr

IC: 819 [Training Deck]

The ringing was getting quieter now, 819 could faintly hear the sounds of the voices of 913 and 355. He began to walk down the hallway towards the elevators, and remarked at how far down the hallway the three were.

OOC: *337 ;)

IC: 337 - Training Deck, Hallway - Talking to 819:

"The blast nearly killed us.. thankfully we moved out of the way in time," he told 819, who seemed to be standing on his own two feet just fine now.

"We decided to check on the others, given the fact that the sounds of battle have stopped," he said, glancing down the hallway toward the elevators.

-Skar