The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC: 337 - Training Deck, Combat Simulation Room:

Combat simulation? It was the first room 337 had seen that was even related to training so far; whether or not it actually had weapons in it or not was yet to be known. Everyone was making their way into the room, and 337 wasn't keeping his hopes up about what they might find, if anything.

Their whole point of coming to the Training Deck first was to find new weaponry, but so far they hadn't found much. 337 was still behind everyone who was entering the simulation room, so he didn't have a good view of it yet. Whatever was inside, they were about to find out.

-Skar

OOC:27 and 404 said we were all involved.Also, are we allowed to write minor parts of the plot?Someone ask 29 what answers, please!IC:29824 say down in front of the terminal and booted it up, beginning to scan through, looking for something.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

ooc: I don't out of fear Lev says 'no' later and I have to edit to clear an inconsistency because that aggravates me.

IC: 6

She thought about it for a second. A voice popped into her head. She wasn't sure who it was that she heard but she found the advice sound. She turned her head to 8.

"Says the Toa gripping the sword like its his lifeline?" 6 teased.

"Doesn't hurt being prepared". She said "Don't worry I have no intention of going in gun blazing. Assuming I even need to."

"29824, you find anything interesting on that thing?"

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

OOC: You can help with writing parts of the plot if you get them approved by me first. I'll probably say yes if I think it will enhance the story or whatever. I will not accept "the Requiem IV was destroyed by a handpuppet" as a potential plot advancement unless it's commanded by the ghosts of George Washington, Robert E. Lee, or William Marshal (the 1st Earl of Pembroke).

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck

Starboard Lookout, Retreat Deck, Observation Room

The panel that 29824 was tinkering with came online with a *whir* and a flashing of blue light. The terminal flashed the word, "Hello!" quickly before finishing its load, showing an image of the displays. There was a flashing red warning in the upper left corner displaying -

"Warning! Power Levels on Deck are at severe level! Non-vital settings offline!"

There were a few options being made available by the (touch screen?) terminal as well. There was a small set of options at the ready immediately -

--> Call - Waiter

--> Call - Manager

--> Call - Service

--> Call - Clean-Up

--> Display - Retreat Deck Layout

--> Display - Menu

--> Open - Observation Screen

There was also a small button in the corner that said "Management Options," which almost immediately called to be pressed. Unfortunately, nothing happened upon that action.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Sorry it took me so long!

IC: 655 "Rocky" - Combat Simulator

"Yeah, 608 was a good guy, even if he was a little quiet. Hopefully we'll see him again..." Rocky replied to Slash.

The small party walked up to the destroyed blast doors. Someone or something had blown them out like that, and 655 wasn't really looking forward to finding out. Together, the males in the group moved forward and used their combined strength to pull one of the doors out farther, so they could get inside. 655 nodded to the others, and ducked inside. Unlike the hallway outside, the room was very dim, and it was hard to see much. A quick look around revealed a power switch on the wall next to them though, and flipping it turned on the lights.

Suddenly, the room was filled with light. The first impression 655 got was that the room was hexagonal in shape, and had a very high ceiling. The walls were bright white, and the room was otherwise empty except for a terminal in the center of the room. Unless you counted the corpses, that is.

There were three them, propped up against one of the walls. Each of them had bullet holes in their foreheads, and their faces were forever frozen in fear. The smell was terrible, and the Rocky was glad his helmet was protecting him from most of it. They didn't have any weapons on them as far as he could tell, but one of them had a crumpled up note in his hand. 655 pointed it out to the group.

"Whatever that is, it's probably important." He said.

OOC: Lev, you can come up with what that note says if you want. My story right now is that Scavengers killed them, but its up to you.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

OOC: I thought... I realized, I never really gave directions for the Canary group to find an exit, did I? That might have been a mistake. Let me remedy it.

[iC-GM] Maintenance Deck

The three Canary crew members all succeeded as they ran in making it to the far end of the room, escaping the massive worm as the vacuum of what one could only assume was space outside also began sucking up everything in the area. The last thing anyone saw as they rushed into the hall was the massive worm vanishing back into the ground.

Instinct drove the last of the group rushing in to press the large red button at the entrance, causing the doorway into the room to seal, and locking them in. This left them in a hallway of some kind. Once they made it in, a red light turned on above their heads, flickering occasionally between on and off. It likely didn't have much power left; neither did the rest of the area. They would need to rely on their own lights...

Figuring out where they were would be the hard part; luckily, they knew where they were. A sign declaring "Hangar Bay 1" hung just over the door.

Now what to do?

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: #31415- Iron BoyAs #113 un-crumpled the note, Iron Boy looked around. The terminal was a white screen on a white stand. It's screen was dim, but several words were shown on it.-RE-START-SETTINGS-DETAILS-EXITA keyboard thing was attached below the screen. The 'Escape' Button was crushed, probably due to repeated tapping. A blood trail led to one of the corpses.OOC: Your move, Levacius. This RPG is really starting to give off a "Horror-Sci-Fi" vibe.

Rocky yelled over at Iron Boy. "I wouldn't touch that terminal just yet. We don't want to accidentally activate anything..."

The Toa of Stone remembered his fight against the training robot earlier, and had no intention of fighting a room full of those things. Instead, he decided to spend his time looking over the corpses again to see if he could find anything useful. A thorough look revealed that they'd all been stripped of weapons, except for one who an unloaded pistol. 655 decided to take it, even though it would be useless until he found ammo. The corpses had all been killed by the headshots, but two of them had scratch marks on their armor. Perhaps the thing that had caused that had also destroyed the blast doors? Either way, this was really confusing.

The Toa of Stone glanced up at Slash, who was still opening the note. "What does it say?" Rocky asked him.

Slash held up the uncrumpled note and read it aloud.

"Take this as a warning.

If you try to find us, we will hurt you.

Stay away from the Officers Deck, or we will hurt you.

Don't bother us, and we won't have a problem.

Otherwise, you'll end up like these sorry slops."

The note wasn't signed, so it was impossible to tell who had written it.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

[iC-GM] Training Deck; Combat Simulator

There was a whirring in the room, and the computer Iron Boy was tampering with suddenly surged. The walls shimmered, as out of nothing came a holographic projection. The lights dimmed, and the silhouetted face of a figure looked down on the group, forming a hologram that took up much of the room. It was a face that 72 immediately recognized, and she stepped back in fear almost immediately, speechless. (OOC: To explain her lack of interaction in what's about to occur.)

It sounded like two voices both joined in unison, yet still slightly off; the placement of accents upon the wrong syllable did nothing to help things out. The silhouetted figure spoke, declaring, "Ahh. So you discovered one of the simulator rooms. Perfect for me to make my next... introduction."

"We have met before, have we not?"

OOC: Just kidding, of course. The moment you brought up the simulator, I knew I would need a hologramatic projection for you to meet up with. Someone who should be very, very familiar to your group. Still, this has nothing to do with Shadow Destroyer's sub-plot; it's part of a Group 1 sub-plot that's been there since the beginning.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Everything had suddenly picked up the pace, as the group went from entering the room, to being confronted by some sort of holographic face. The face spoke to them with an awfully distorted voice, and mentioned that they had met before.. 337 couldn't discern who this was, or where they had met before. He decided to refrain from searching through his memories to find out who this could possibly be, and instead spoke to it.

"I can't say I remember you. I have an awful memory," he said to it, quite nonchalantly. "You say introduction, but something tells me you have no intention of showing yourself to us outside of that hologram."

He thought about drawing his blade, but kept it sheathed for the time being. He could feel that a fight was on its way.. he would have to keep an eye on 72. Perhaps he could get her out of the room before things went south? He doubted that, and leaving the others to such a fate would be quite cruel of him.

-Skar

Edited by Skarloth

[iC-NPC] ???

Training Deck; Combat Simulator

"Oh but you have seen me outside of here." it replied. As it spoke, though, something was becoming clear about the voices and what was so wrong with it - it was a fully electronic voice; two different ones played just slightly off-sync. They were neither seeing the figure, nor hearing it.

"Especially you." it declared, turning to Slash and staring at him past the veil of obscurity. "And the little one, for she has gazed upon my... visage..."

"Do you not remember me from the hall?"

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

[iC-NPC] ???

"Much better. And to think you would repay me as such, when all I wanted to do was to give you that little... gift."

OOC: Remember how I said that one of them was the smartest?

655 didn't know who the face was, but he needed to know if this thing had ill-will for them or not.

"Did you kill those crew members?" The Toa of Stone shouted up to the hologram while pointing at the corpses.

[iC-NPC] ???

"No." it replied to 655. After that hovered in the air for a moment, it continued, "Listen! Hear me and know what comes next. With the Steltian down, I need a new target to play my game. And all of you are part of it. From this point on, you are officially being hunted. I will arrange to make the ship safe for you from..."

It hesitated. "The more bestial of those like myself. The best part? You have no choice in the matter. And when I terminate this feed, the Hunt begins."

OOC: On a comical note, this is what the designers of the Requiem IV did in their spare time. Wait, did I say spare time? I meant when they were designing the blueprints for ship.

-Toa Levcaius Zehvor :flagusa:

"What if I said we don't want to play your game?" Rocky challenged. "What if I said we kicked your behind the last time we fought, and we'll do it again if you come find us. What about that!?"

655 got angry. Using his right fist, he slammed it into the terminal. The added strength of his pakari caused him to dent the smooth metal, although it didn't shut off the recording. Perhaps this thing was just really good at getting him angry, or maybe Rocky's fear was just making him more irritable. Either way, 655 was angry, and he didn't like it.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

[iC-NPC] The Hunter

"Would that not be playing the game?" the creature replied, as after a few moments, the damage to the terminal did indeed prove enough for the projection to vanish. The lighting returned to normal.

IC: 913 - Bowie"Looks like that thing is coming for us." 913 unlatched his bow from his back, "At least we will be ready. If we beat it back last time then we should definitely kick it's behind this time. This time we have more warriors on our side and more weapons."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck / Combat SimulatorNerve, girl. Nerve.The female Onu-Toa's heartrate was somewhere far up beyond normal; her breathing, shaky. Her face was largely concealed by her tinted visor and Huna-shaped Kanohi Hau, but if someone taken the time to look, it would have been white as chalk. Her vivid green eyes were huge.The corpses weren't all that disturbing, after the initial shock. They were, after all, nothing more or less than dead sacks of meat.But this...She sidled closer to Rocky and Slash, hands tight on the ergonomic grip of her circular saw. She was pretty certain she'd been in tight spots before, but that couldn't compare to the raw primal fear that came with being hunted, with having an intelligent entity moving relentlessly on your trail, tracking, stalking, with intent to kill.OOC:Will be inactive until Wednesday; feel free to do light bunnying of 391 if necessary.

655 looked at the others in the group and spoke. "Our key to survival now is to keep moving. If we stay any place too long, that thing's going to catch up to us, and I'd rather avoid a fight. So, are we headed to Officer's Deck?"

The Toa of Stone pointed towards the note in Slash's hand. "I know whoever wrote that can't be trusted, but we have a common enemy now. Maybe they can help us?"

OOC: @ Legolover; If you would like, you could attach the room you discovered previously as one of the doorways attached to this room. It makes sense that such a thing would be in this specific part of the ship.

OOC: I'll take you up on that offer.IC: 03608Personnel Deck / Recreational AreaThere were voices from beyond a door opposite the one she had entered. She approached it with small steps.They could be friends, she thought.Another thought interjected, Or they could be enemies.She traced the word HOPE on the door frame with her finger before opening the door.OOC: 03608 is now in the Starboard Lookout. Edited by Legolover-361

IC: 149, personnel deck.

Gold eyes slowly opened and looked around, taking stock of his surroundings, he was in a green crystal tube filled with a strange liquid. As his mind realised where he was, he began to panic before something in the back of his mind told him to calm down, he pressed against the crystal to test it before giving it a strong punch then a second, the first punch had no visible result but the second punch cracked it, a third cracked it even more, and a forth shattered it. He fell into the open air and landed on his knees, breathing deeply. After he recovered he looked around. He was in a large room with many other tubes some empty, some full, some were broken out of just like his meaning there could others on the ship ‘Wait a minute.’ He thought. ‘What ship?’ His thoughts were answered by his HUD which popped up saying. ‘The ship Requiem’ along with a picture of the ship from the outside. ‘Well now I know where I am but Who am I exactly.’ His HUD popped again saying. ‘Designation 149.’ ‘I guess that’s me. What else does my HUD have in it?’ A barrage of windows opened up telling him about his weapons, combat tactics, and toa philosophies. ‘Toa philosophies? I am a toa, why would I need a manual on how to be me. On second thought since I don’t know who I am anymore I guess this will pretty useful.’ 149 settled in the space between two stasis tubes for a long read.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

337 glanced toward 655. "That's quite a risk to take. They explicitly said not to follow them; we're not even sure who they are.. what if they're working with the same one who is hunting us?" he said. Their first plan had been to go to Officers, but with that note uncovered, they would have to be far more careful.

-Skar

"I'd rather meet them head-on instead of worrying about a possible sneak attack. Also, if peace doesn't work we can always... quiet them. We definitely have the numbers to do it."

OOC: I call this one: "bold and brash."

OOC: Rambo may have been a better name for Rocly.IC: #31415"337 is right, going to the Officer's Deck will be very dangerous. After all, they have thye advantage o fplanning ahead of us," #31415 opinted out."However, they are pretty much the only lead we hjave, and they know where we arwe, so we should just meet them head on and deal with them. But I warn you, it's going to be a nasty fight."

"I believe we have the will, but the firepower I'm no so sure of. We know absolutely nothing about these people, other than their location, and their threats." Perhaps it was a group of people, scared, but ready to fight like rahi. Or maybe it was one person, skilled enough to kill these people; one who only wanted them to believe it was a group.

Another alternative could be that the being had outright lied to them, and it was the one that killed the people in the simulation room. Perhaps he- or rather, it, was only attempting to lure them into a fatal trap. Too many possibilities... too many unknowns, that's why 337 was worried about going to Officer's.

-Skar

Edited by Skarloth

Rocky gestured towards the corpses and spoke. "All of these crew members were killed by head shots, most likely from pistols. Other than that, they are intact except for the claw marks. That means, whoever did this wasn't heavily armed. Chances are, these people were rounded up and executed. Who knows? There's even a chance they were part of that group before and had a fall out with their leader or something."

655 pulled out the pistol he'd found on the corpses and sighed. "Or, they could've of used this weapon to end their own suffering. Either way, we need to know what we're dealing with, and we won't find that out if we're running around like a bunch of scared Matoran..."

The Toa of Stone looked apologetically at 72. "No offense."