The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC: 149, personnel deck

149 got up and stretched his limbs, he had learned a lot from his manuals, well not a lot but some was better then nothing. He ignited his sword to provide a more stable source of light then the flickering ceiling lights as he started to explore. He had only gone a short distance when he found a large patch of blood with a trail of blood leading down one hallway. ‘Someone could be hurt or dead and the one that did it may be still around, either way I had better check it out.’ 149 prepared his gun and slowly followed the blood trail, now a lot more nervous then before.

OOC: Is there any way for my other character 913 to meet up with one of the first two groups?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: 7725, Lift Tracks: Requiem IV306 stirred and sat up. She seemed fine. 7725 gave his best effort to help her stand up."Good to have you back. We're getting out of here."7725 walked over to the maintenance door. It was a simple door, presumably only ever accessible to engineers and maintenance crews, so no real security was needed. He grabbed a small slot which acted as the handle and slid the door open.--The passage was a bit larger than he expected, stretching far to the left and right of the door. 7725 could see a few passages branching off, though it was difficult to make them out as they appeared farther and farther away. It seemed possible to fit three, maybe four, Toa walking at shoulder width. It was, unfortunately, dimly lit like the lift tunnel. The light came from lightstones in frosted glass cases, which spread the light out nicely around them, but did not throw the light very far. A few were burned out or broken.On the left side of the hall, a flatbed maintenance cart waited patiently, facing away from the group. It was listing to one side. 7725 saw two of the wheels were damaged. There was no telling how much fuel the vehicle had, if any. It would be highly unlikely that the cart had the necessary parts stored in it to fix it, but it might be worth looking into.A wide, silver-colored metal box lay on the flatbed immediately behind the operator seats. It had rusted over quite a bit. 7725's heartlight skipped as he thought of the possibilities of what it might contain.OOC: I guess from this point on, assume 306 is following 7725 until stated otherwise. I can't really speak for her, though.Edits added in response to post below. I broke the cart intentionally to keep it from being an overly lucky find. Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

OOC: Announcements!

At this point in time, nobody should be waiting for interaction from me. Every group there is, is in a position they have free reign to explore around in (Group 1 [Training], Group 2 [Lift Tunnels]) or I'm waiting for something in (Group 3 [Personnel] - exploring the area or making use of the terminal; if Avmatoran doesn't post soon, the rest of you can get to that; Tyler & Fourteenth in Sci/Med). Canary Group is kind of both; just go on and keep moving as you like, though I have a few more surprises in store for once you leave past the door.

I just wanted to clear this up, because interaction is slowing down quite a bit and it seems as though people aren't sure what to do. I keep trying to tell you - make something happen! It wouldn't be any fun if I was in charge of every detail of your adventures; if I wanted to do that, I would write an epic. Make an angry robot burst from the Training Deck walls. Make a rogue service droid try to 'clean' people out of the lift tunnels. Make something happen.

For the record, this post is written solely OOC because I have nothing to say IC. Any relevant discussions on this belong in the Discussion Topic; I still reserve the right for doing this.

@ Takanuvainika; I told you before - if you wish to get with one of the groups, talk to the players there and if they're so willing, give me a reason as to why your character would awaken there instead of from the personnel decks like everyone else.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC:Sorry.

IC:#29824 turned to the rest of the people in the room. "We need to get to engineering. I can't quite tell what, but the reading on the engine damage looks...... interesting. We need to get down there so I can access the diagnostics computer."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: 819 [Combat Simulator]

The Skakdi rulled out his two guns and set them onto 'Stun'. He looked at the other members of his party and said, "That thing said it would protect us from other members of this ship. If we defeat it and hold it off, we can survive on this ship. But, if I remember from the map, to get to Officer's Bridge we need to go down the hallway just outside."

IC: 999 [Hallway outside Maintenance Deck]999 looked at the other crew members of the Canary and said, "Where do we go now?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 655 "Rocky: - Combat Simulator

"Only two ways to go, and one of them is the way we came." 655 said. "Easy decision."

The Toa of Stone attached the empty pistol to his belt and started to lead the way out of the combat room and into the hallway beyond.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 149 personnel deck

149 continued to follow the blood trail until it turned into a collapsed hallway, he considered trying to blast it open with his gun but considering it had already collapsed once it would probably do it again. He decided to follow the main hallway, eventually he came to a door. He took a deep breath and slowly opened the door and saw a few other beings around a computer. "Hello." He called out hoping they were friendly.

OOC: That would be group three.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck Hallway"Easy decision." agreed 391, managing to keep her voice steady and level despite her slamming heartbeat and quick, shallow breathing. "Let's roll."Taking up a position at Rocky's right flank, she unconsciously flicked the trigger on her circular saw a few times in order to get the plasmatic energy unit warmed up. Her boots thumped lightly against the polished floor, mingling with the footsteps of her teammates as they made their way carefully forwards down the long hallway towards the Officer's deck.

OOC:Disregard my previous post.

IC:"Hmm... Let's open the observation screen," #29824 said. He pressed the button, causing the metal screen to raise, revealing empty space beyond it. "Well, that was anticlimactic," he said. However, it was not too anticlimactic because, off in the distance, there was an odd looking star, very odd looking. #29824 activated his radioactive vision, looking at the star. "That's very interesting...." he said.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:"Yes, I did. The readings on that star's radioactivity are much higher than the ships shields are supposed to be rated for, yet," #29824 looked away from the window and into the rest of the room. "the readings inside the ship are nowhere near as high as they are supposed to be. This might have something to do with the incident, it might not, I just noticed it's very odd."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:"Most likely. If you look any direction, all you see are stars and the occasional comet. No ground. Well?" #29824 said, turning to the other two in the group. "Any comments?"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I'm going to assume everyone else is going to follow for now.

IC: 655 "Rocky" - Training Deck Hallway

The group made their way down the hallway towards the Officer's Deck.

Meanwhile, Rocky was thinking about the face in the hologram. Although 655 wasn't frightened by the thing's threats, he was starting to regret yelling at it. Getting that thing angry hadn't been a smart decision, and the Toa of Stone hoped that it wouldn't endanger the group in any way.

655 talked quietly to 391 and Iron Boy. "Do you two really think this is a smart idea?" 655 whispered so the rest of the group wouldn't hear them. "I mean, ignoring that face in the hologram that is. Think about it, if something happens to us three, what will the rest of them do?"

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

"Hmm... Let's open the observation screen," #29824 said. He pressed the button, causing the metal screen to raise, revealing empty space beyond it. "Well, that was anticlimactic," he said. However, it was not too anticlimactic because, off in the distance, there was an odd looking star, very odd looking. #29824 activated his radioactive vision, looking at the star. "That's very interesting...." he said.

OOC: Sorry, but I had meant for something else entirely at this point; there are much more interesting things out in space than just... stars.

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck

Starboard Deck Retreat

The assertion made by 29824 may have been accurate to a person looking straight out; it would have been quite a bore to do so, honestly, other than a star that was light years away. However, closer inspection would reveal the reflective glint of light hitting the window from more. To the one so interested by this occurrence, they would see that the ship was not the only thing out in this area of space.

Directly below the ship, as it was now, was a planet. One that, from the outside, appeared to be mostly blue. Oceans? Water? And some landmasses, even... possibly a moon, though as only part of the planet could be seen, that was hard to tell. White swirling around it signified cloud patterns. It seemed awfully strange that this type of information would be part of their databases, but apparently it was. One other thing - there was an almost green nimbus around it, as though there was something else in the atmosphere.

Ironically, 29824, the discover of this, lacked the necessary cosmological database to recognize anything beyond words. The officers, however, would remember something else - the briefings at the beginning before the ship left. The classes, and the memories covered... the ship. It's purpose - to find a possible habitable planet, and to set up a colony.

Visually, this was a possible choice. But the ship... it was moving past the new found world. And it would be impossible to tell without the proper scanners, which would have to be... on the bridge. If the ship hadn't deactivated those power systems already.

There was plenty of "if" to go around.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck Hallway"Rocky, it had decided to... hunt... us long before we even set foot in that room, I believe." murmured 391. "Your temper had nothing to do with it. We're on a death-list, and we might as well go out rebels as diplomats. I say we just keep moving, watch our backs, and what comes, comes. We'll meet it when it does."

IC: 337 - Training Deck Hallways:

Regardless of the points he had made, however few there were, it seemed that everyone else was set on going to Officer's. 337 wasn't too keen on walking blindly into traps, which is exactly what this felt like to him. Of course, he could simply walk away from it all, he could go wherever he wanted, whenever he pleased; he stayed with the group purely for the sake of the increased survival chance, as well as any chance at finding out what happened.

Once again, he wasn't paying any attention to what the others may or may not have been doing, only glancing up to make sure he was still following them, and that he didn't accidentally walk right into a wall. The walk so far seemed oddly lax, as if there was little threat to their lives, even though that wasn't the case. On that note, he drew his sword, and readied his laser; this prompted a few glances from the others, but he paid them no mind.

Instead, he focused on their surroundings, keeping his eyes and ears open, and occasionally looking back, just to be safe. Even if he couldn't be a leading factor in this group, he had decided that he would protect it as long as he was a part of it.

-Skar

IC: 72 (Training Deck)

The Matoran hasn't made a sound since seeing that thing for the second time in her memory, instead seeming to be in a state of shock. As they walk, she stays as in the middle as possible, wide eyes darting about, peering at every shadow.

Her breathing is shaky, and 72 grips the Kohlii staff with an intensity akin to holding a rope pulling you out of an endless hole.

All in all, she's not very calm.

'Don't be scared, we're just being hunted down by something intelligent, malicious, and is doing this likely for fun... Nothing to be afraid of..'

In spite of her thoughts she quivers.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC: Damaracx and avmatoran I was talking to you

IC: 149 Personnel Deck, Starboard Deck Retreat

The three (I think there is three) beings did not seem to hear him. "Hello!" 149 called again louder.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:#29824 turned around quickly, pistol in one hand, sword in the other. "Who are you, what do you want, and how did you find us?"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

!49 was slightly taken aback by being's reaction. "I think I'm 149, I just followed the blood trail until it stopped then I kept following the hallway. I just came to see if anyone was hurt." !49 replied.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

[iC-GM] Training Deck Hallways

913 wouldn't pick up any heat signatures for some time, in fact, as the group worked their way through the Training Deck. That all changed about the time they reached an area or rather incredible heat - and, surprisingly, a higher amount of electricity and power being provided to the lighting and such. Questioning and answering from the more technologically minded members of the crew led to the belief they were passing over some kind of local generator that was keeping things active in the area.

The end of their journey came to a close as they reached a large, open room of the ship... accompanied by a massive chasm. Running through the center was what was likely at one point a sturdy bridge, now left as a creaking old thing - still, the craftsmanship was strong, and still looked sturdy enough to carry all of them across... though a few at a time might have been safer.

The important thing was that at the very end was a door, with a sign indicating "Officers Deck." Now, here's the thing. Spaceships, even massive ones, don't usually have giant chasms for no reason. The reason, upon further inspection and looking at what appeared to be notches coming from the bridge, was that lifts were able to run down through the chasm, and the officers could then go forth to anywhere else on the ship. There was probably a rather large room above, as well.

And so they stood, ready (or not) to go onwards.

OOC: Let's get you guys into the Officers Deck so we can kick this thing back into overdrive. I will do everything I can to keep this RPG from meeting the same fate as others have in the last few contests, including blood magic if it comes right down to it.

OOC:I sense more story revelation!

IC:

"Nope, nobody's hurt. I don't think any of us know where the blood's from. Right guys? Six, Seven, you two have been kinda quiet recently," #29824 said.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Awesome, a massive black chasm with a single tiny bridge across it. Is it just me, or does this practically scream 'Balrog'? :uhoh:IC: [ 391 ] - Chasm RoomThe female GPE eyed the structure a moment, then walked closer and slammed her boot heel against its surface, carefully observing the vibrations. "The workmanship is good, but I can't say the same for the materials themselves... I'd say it's pretty much safe to cross, but only one or two at a time, and step lightly. If something gives..."She glanced down into the blackness of the abyss, her headlamp's stark white beams trailing off into utter, infinite emptiness.She didn't think it necessary to finish the sentence.

IC: "Alright then, if an engineer thinks it's good enough to cross that's good enough for me." 913 then began to quickly, carefully, walk across the bridge.OOC: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. This just seems like one of those "heroic last stand" places.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

OOC: Yes Falcon Lord, it does...

IC: 655 "Rocky" - Chasm Room

"One or two?" Rocky asked 391. "Guess I'll be next then..."

The Toa of Stone followed 913 across the bridge, making sure he was a couple feet behind the other Toa in case anything bad happened.

"Well that's good." 149 said then he continued slightly awkwardly. "So, anybody where we are, or for that matter Who we are?" 149 hoped he didn't sound to crazy.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:"Nobody here, and we're just numbers, but I have a feeling these three are officers and i'm just a lowly, unworthy crewmember. What's your number?" #29824 asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!