The Voyage of the Requiem IV

[GM-IC] Personnel Deck, Level ???

The sound burst went off, that was the first thing. Whatever it was that was being dragged around the visor was suddenly pulled back, and a powerful shriek - almost like a regular being crying out in pain, but mixed with horrific guttural sounds that couldn't possibly have come from even the most brutish of creatures - followed in response to the soundwaves.

Whatever it was that was clawing the visor dragged harder as it pulled back, leaving a large cracked line across the front. Lights flickered, revealing that some sort of figure was definitely there to those from the larger group for just a split second, with the dim lighting making it seem as though itself and 113 were one being - that is to say, itself.

This left the others with a very clear target, and thanks to both the flashing and the combination of sounds, a direction to fire. Would they take it while they had it?

OOC: Let's allow a few other characters to put in their reactions before anything else takes place...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 337 - Personnel Deck - Striking:

A glimpse was all he needed, and he even had some dim lighting to aid him. He wasted no time in discerning who was who, and where they were in that moment- even if he had only a split second to see where the two were. He raised his right arm, activating the laser weapon that was normally concealed. He aimed directly toward the spot he had just seen the being attacking 113, and fired a single blast.. if he didn't hit it, at least the laser would provide him with another brief moment of light, so that he might take another shot; or if it came to it, draw his sword and slash the beast off of the poor fellow.

-Skar

Edited by Skarloth

IC: #31415/ Personne.l DeckREBOOTING>>>CORRUPTED DATA>>INSTALL?>With a start, thye Toa's eyes flickered to loife. He took a deep breath.Where... am I? WHat... Who am I?An answer in his head.#31415. current location: Personnel Dack aboard the zzjzjksamrg....The Toa gripped his head and fell forward. The glass shattered.He righted hi8mself.Calm down... I don't know who I am, but I need tofind people who do.The Toa looked around.If only I could see in the dark... oh.His vision lit up, scanning the room. Row upon row of pods like the one he just broke open.He heard an explosion to his left. He instinctively gripped his out of its scabbard sword amd creeped over, scanning the area.Two groups of beings were in anopen space. A large body lay on the floor. A large... thing wrapped around one of the Toa. A flash of light and sound. #31415 fell back as the light blinded him. He stood back up. He drew his sword and attacked the thing beside the Toa. The sword descended...

Edited by Norik The Student

IC: 655 - Personnel Deck

"Hey, shoot that thing already!" 655 shouted to the white skakdi with the laser.

655 turned around, and noticed that the Toa of Iron with the guns was still covering his back. The Toa of Stone caught a glimpse of his nametag, and noticed that it read 608.

"608, do you see an exit!? We're getting out of here ASAP!"

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 819

The Skakdi turned on his vision power. Glowing lines started to float in the air, tracing everyone's movements. He followed two of the lines to a wall, and got there. He knew where the others where based on where the lines ended, or at least, that's what he thought the trails meant.

He unclipped his guns, and turned them to stun. Then, he began to fire at the thing grabbing 113.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 608

608 slowly backed into a storage container, careful that he didn't make a sound. "suit, what is that thing?" he asked. nothing came up. "curses" he muttered. he noticed that the skakdi had begun firing, but it didn't seem to be random shots. they were directed at the creature, or why else would he be shooting?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

In the disorienting confusion of the ships total darkness, it was only a matter of time before a slip up was made. Whatever had attacked 113 immediately recoiled away by the time light returned, leaving its victim to tall the full brunt of its attacks. The laser attack made by 337 gave a momentary flash of light to show him recoil from the powerful blast, and allowed a brief glimpse as the first stun blasts fired by 819 struck him dead center, leaving him (temporarily?) unconscious on the ground. Or worse.

With 113 down and everyone else across from the room save 72, that left her and her glass shard as the only ones close enough to hear and really act as something went down, making those bizarre sounds as it lowered itself onto the unconscious 113.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: 72 (Personnel Deck)

The Ce-Matoran had stayed behind the tube while blasts were fired from seemingly all directions, some even passing over her head to connect with 113's body.

Only once the Toa had crumpled to the ground and the projectiles ceased could she hear.. something... moving towards 113's prone form.

"Of course.. I'm the only one close enough to do this.." She whispered to herself.

Crossing her fingers and praying to whatever deity she followed (hopefully it was one of the nicer ones.. not that she knew any deities anyway,) she slipped out from behind the capsule and looked towards 113.

Yep. Definitely a something.

Moving silently, she got within leaping distance and then jumped low and long, glass shard held upwards and ready to thrust into the something's flesh.

Hopefully it had flesh.

OOC: Just to be clear, she's going more sideways than down, with the shard aimed upwards, so that even if she misses 113 won't get stabbed.

The poor Toa doesn't need to get hurt anymore. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

One of the lights above started flickering on once more. The glass shard definitely hit home, sinking into... something. It was flesh like, for sure, but it was definitely moving through some kind of harder armor on the outside into to pierce through. The lights moving on revealed flashes of the creatures silhouette, divulging its exact location to the group on the other side of the room.

The figure leaned down to face 72, and the flickering light showed her a brief glimpse of... a face. But the most hideous, deformed face, with small pieces of Kanohi mask seemingly embedded into it, giving it a horrifying sense of wrongness. However, the brief glimpses last only a second as the creature was thrust out of her range of vision due to another figure, 31415, coming into the field and impaling his sword into the creature. There was a hideous shriek as the creature slammed into him with incredible force, dislodging his sword and sending him flying a good three Bio away, disoriented and confused and, due to the darkness of the area, completely blind to his surroundings.

As quickly as it came, the figure lunged forwards towards the other group, and then vanishing completely from line of sight as it slunk down into the darkness. There were the sounds of movement on the floor... it was going back the way it came.

Hopefully.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

196- Personnel Deck

IC: Thanks to his suit, the black armored Vortixx was been able to keep track of where everybody was, and had decided that moving in to close quarters combat with the thing would probably end up getting him shot like the guy currently on the floor.

Moving between the rest of the group and where the thing was, he activated his plasma generators and spoke in a semi-hurried tone.

"The exit is about thirty paces to the right, I was heading for it when I met you guys. Somebody grab the unconscious guy and if you can, the dead guy as well. He has the lowest number I've seen so far and i want to see if i can pull any information from his suit. If nobody want's to carry him just grab his gun."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC 337 - Personnel Deck - Grabbing 113:

It would take two or more people to carry the Steltian, but 337 could carry 113. Laser at the ready, he quickly moved over toward the unconscious 113 was; first, he made sure he was still alive, which he was. He reached down and picked him up with both arms, and hoisted the fellow over his left shoulder, keeping his laser arm free to fire. He turned back toward where the group was; "I've got the unconscious one, if we want to take the dead Steltian, two people may have to carry him." He said to them, keeping his eyes and ears trained toward where the beast had last been spotted.

-Skar

Edited by Skarloth

IC: 72 (Personnel Deck)

The Ce-Matoran had retreated from the scene as the thing had thrashed about, before returning to 113's side. When 337 came and picked up the Toa, she followed at a distance. She had a feeling that a somewhat familiar face would help when he awoke.

Faces.. ugh. That face was one she could forget. Pieces of a Kanohi stuck within deformed feature.. bleck. She shivers at the thought.

A Kanohi... that could only mean one of two things.

1, this thing liked to break Kanohi with its face, or..

2. The thing was formerly... less of a thing. More of a person.

She shudders again. Whatever's happening here, she doesn't like it.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: 819 [Personnel Deck]

The Skakdi ran over to the Steltian and grabbed the gun, discovering that it had a strap on it. He slung the weapon over his back, and then grabbed the Steltian's legs. He was too heavy for 819 alone too drag, so the Skakdi called out to the Vortixx, "Hey! Big guy! Over there! Can you help me with this guy?"

819 would have called the Vortixx his name, if he knew it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

196- Personnel Deck

IC: The black Vortixx glanced over his shoulder at the speaker and replied.

"Unless somebody else in the group can see in the dark and has a light source, then I think it would be best for me to stay on guard duty for now."

Lokking back out into the shadows of the deck, he slowly backed up towards the group, trying to see where the thing had gone.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The Skakdi of Plasma shrugged and started then looked at the the figure on the ground. He stumbled around on the Steltian's gun, and pulled a lever, illuminating the field. 819 yelled, "I need some help here. We got to get this guy's body somewhere. Give him some sort of burial."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 608. ???

"I guess i'll help. he'll prolly have some sort of stuff that will help us" 608 said. after the thing had left, he had gotten out of the storage thing. now he carefully picked his way towards the voice. once he got there, he took an arm over his shoulders. "take the other one" 608 told the other person, who he had by now figured out that was the skakdi.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

IC: #31415- Personnel DeckI was flung backwards into tthe darkness, my sword flying away. By the time I got up, the thing was gone and thwe others carried the injures Skakdi and Steltian.I de-activated night vision, picked up my sword, and followed them. I stepped forward and helped carry the other leg of the dead Steltian."Let me help," I said.

Edited by Norik The Student

The three carrying the dead Steltian started to walk forward, towards the exit, with two legs and an arm being carried. They got to the door, and stopped. 819 said, "Let's wait for everyone to get here before exiting."

OOC:

As far as I can tell, here is a roster for the group members, along with their player.

-819: Canis

-31415: Norik the Student

-608: Dovahkiin

-113: Killer Myr

-196: Silvan Haven

-337: Skarloth

-72: Zakaro

-655: Shadow Destroyer

So we have eight people in the group.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

ooc: thanks for the roster canis!

"Wait up, everyone." 655 said. "We should let the vortixx go first. His night vision might come in handy..."

The group stood around as everyone got in position.

"Also, what we really need to find is the bridge, if this ship has one." The Toa of Stone said. "We might be able to find out what happened to this ship there. Maybe on a command terminal..."

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

OOCWas waiting for a lull in the action to put this in- as you can tell, this little guy doesn't get far.edit: fixed strange typo ICHe breathed in more of the gasses again, feeling the cold seep into his lungs. He embraced it, or rather, tolerated it, well enough. He was built for volatile temperatures anyway. He let his head fall forward, felt the dome of a helmet press against cool glass. More vapor swirled up to obscure his vision. He closed his eyes so it would disappear.How long had it been? The first darkened moments he had awoken had been filled with terror, but eventually he grew accustomed to this small space. It was confining, yes, but also safe. Controlled. He had been lulled back to sleep, prey to the little canister's soporific gas. This time, however, when he awoke he felt neither safe nor tired. He was perhaps more calm than the situation called for, but he had no way of knowing this. He let the cramped, round passage smother him, envelop him in its hard embrace.He knew from earlier exploration that he was standing on some sort of metal floor, built into the canister. At his back was metal and molded protodermis that almost seemed contoured to his shape. Above him was another floor of metal, marked only by a small inlet where he could feel a little handle built into the surface. Surrounding the rest of him was darkened glass, only visible from the the illumination his eyes made over its lustrous surface.He was not sure why he had awoken so suddenly this time, as if jolted awake by some force felt, rather than seen. He blinked, the glass darker than what he remembered. Perhaps outside his protective prison the world had grown darker in his mind's absence. He tried not to think about it. There were muddied sounds then, noises and high rumbles that he could just barely register. His mind processed the data but gathered no useful evidence or observation. The noises sounded as he was listening from underneath the surface of water, though he wasn't sure if he had ever been submerged before. He could not remember.A final blast faintly echoed in his chamber, and he set himself. This calm could not last forever. At some point he would be forced to leave, that much he knew for certain. He widened his eyes, and in their glow he could make out his faint reflection in the glass. An unfamiliar face loomed at him, orange eyes piercing, steely. A small number was printed beside his neck, he knew it was stamped on the surface of the helmet he wore. 400 400th what? Did it mean something? He knew he would have to find out. As much as he craved the seeming protection of his glass canopy, there was a pull deep down inside his chest, not pulling up or down in any certain direction, but out. Out somewhere. Somewhere out there. He knew the answers lay somewhere out in that deep abyss that beckoned back to him, feeding off his fears and desires and bravado and curiousness. He reached upwards and fumbled with the handle, pulling out the latch. He gave it a tug, and the beyond opened up to wholly swallow him.

Edited by Funcle K.

IC: 337 - Personnel Deck - Holding 113:

113 had awoken before 337 could even get back over to the others;

113 awoke to a blinding headache, and a dim view of the floor. "What happened?" He tried to get a better view, and saw that he was still not far from where... something had occurred.

"You got hit. Whether or not it was us, or that beast, I am not sure. If I was the one who knocked you unconscious, understand that I didn't intend to. Thankfully, we were able to drive the beast away, and right now we're getting our bearings back together." He told 113, setting him back on his own two feet. He noticed that a Matoran was standing nearby him (thanks to 819 activating the light on the weapon he had recovered from the Steltian); he turned to her, "Are you alright?" he asked. During the skirmish, he had noticed a smaller form nearby 113 and the monster.. it must have been her.

-Skar

IC: 819 [Personnel Bridge]

"Personally, I'm still wondering how we know what a 'bridge' even is. I'd say it would be best to find a nice, safe place to settle and start up a small camp in, but going to the bridge works too." Then, he saw a ball of light begin to trace out a glowing energy line with his tracer vision, which he still hadn't turned off.

He deactivated it, and then pulled the lever on the gun, sending out a flash of light. He said to 655 and said, "A Matoran just woke up. I'm going to go get him." 819 ran towards the Matoran, and got to him. He grabbed the Matoran, and helped him up.

"Are you okay?"

OOC:

That would be 400.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Edit: Also, why are we bothering to bring the Steltian if he's already dead? Seems like half the players thinks he is unconscious... Wait, is he dead?

OOC: Decide for yourself.

Amidst the talk of night vision and other ways with which one could see, and the apparent awakening of another Matoran, the lights once more began returning, one by one. The scene was... not a pleasant one. The place at which the thing had been stabbed earlier with the sword was covered in a stain of silvery-red fluids, and it appeared that there was a trail leading away, down the hallway from which the Steltian had came as the thing attempted to escape.

The 113's suit was certainly worse for wear, what with the laser blast that had struck him earlier. There was also what could best be described as a claw mark cutting down the side of the visor, which gave him a very defining characteristic amongst the bunch. There was also the matter of the Steltian, which could now in its full glory be inspected.

The majority of the power suit was still intact, but utterly useless. The fact they had no idea how to get it off was one thing; the fact that the entire chest area had been rended apart, with large areas of flesh missing and huge chunks turn out of the armor below. His entire chest areas was missing, and he was most certainly dead as a doornail. The area where he was killed was covered in pieces of torn up natural armor and blood stains; small pieces of flesh gripped the floor. A few of them had even stepped in it on accident.

The massive cannon-like weapon that 819 carried had no discernible features to activate it that could be determined save the lever and a pannel with four buttons that was on the right side. It was seemingly designed to fit a Toa or larger sized being, though even a Toa would have trouble with placing their hand on the 'rest' portion where the Steltian had placed the gun, and then still being able to reach the buttons as he was.

IC: 819 [Personnel Bridge]

"Personally, I'm still wondering how we know what a 'bridge' even is.

OOC: I always assumed all ships were built to have them, and it would be some kind of common knowledge. Shall I edit my post?

655 watched as the skakdi talked to the matoran. "Definitely feel bad for that guy, he looks scared out of his wits..." 655 thought...

The Toa of Stone turned to look at the Toa of Sonics who had just gotten to his feet. His slashed visor showed just how close he'd come to meeting his end earlier.

"Hey, Slash, you alright?" 655 said to 113.

196- Personnel Deck

IC:Upon seeing that the thing was no longer there, 196 let the plasma dissipate and made his way back to the group. Since it seemed that they had been waiting for him to check the area beyond, he made his way through the group and out into the hall on the other side of the doorway.

He scanned the area beyond, noting ducts and areas where something might be able to hide before stepping out, in a ready in case something new decided to join the party.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Good." 655 replied to Slash.

The Toa of Stone turned around and walked up to the Vortixx standing near the exit. 196 was looking into the hallway outside the room, probably making sure it was safe enough to pass through.

"Hey, I'll watch your back when we go out there. If anything gets close -" 655 extended then retracted his blade. "I'll send them running."

196- Personnel Deck

IC: The Vortixx nodded in response and slowly began to make his way through the hallway. Just in case, he reignited his plasma hands, his eyes darting around, trying to spot anything that might be a danger.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

655 started to follow the Vortixx, and gestured towards the other members of the group to follow them. Meanwhile, Slash had stepped towards the pod the new matoran had come out of. "What could he be doing?" 655 thought to himself.