The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC[slash]:

Slash decided to wait until all the others crossed before he himself would.

OOC: Thank you, I was waiting for someone to say this; that way, even though nobody else has posted, we know who is going last.

Shadow Destroyer has requested for this to happen, so I'll be commandeering his character for this next part.

[iC-GM] Training Deck / Officers Deck Transition

[iC-NPC] The Hunter

Bowie was at the lead when they reached the door of the officers. There was a slight humming sound emitted, and a small panel over the door began flashing with red light, as though the door was processing that it needed to be opened; checking their authorization, no doubt. Doors seemed to be like that on this ship, for whatever reason.

At the far end of the bridge, Slash patiently waited as the last of his fellow group members made their way across. Then, something started to seem off. The sonar he was using for his mapping feature was being interrupted, as though some sort of other signal was being sent in its place. Before he could figure out the source of the trouble, he heard a sound from behind, and quickly turned around.

The creature standing over him was tall, that much was certain; how a monster that big could sneak up on him so easily was not a question to be answered easily. Nearly a Bio taller than Slash, the creature was gaunt, but not for lack of muscle - indeed, it seemed as though it's biomechanical body had first lost all of its external armoring before the rest of its parts suddenly constricted, shrinking it to nearly half its original width. It's face was horrifying, and mostly organic now, with small shards of Kanohi mask embedded in it like pieces of shrapnel.

The beast struck out, it's arm moving fluidly; it's hand, in a rather disgusting manner, then separated, becoming a set of tendrils that reached around and gripped its adversary's head, completely covering all of the microphones that formed a ring on his helm. The creature gave a wicked grin, but said nothing; the lack of speech made the situation all the more comfortable.

Slash let out a cry, which alerted the rest of the group. The being shook its target around for a moment, but before it could do much else, it received a few blasts from both 819 and 913 at the far end. While the attacks of the former seemed negligible against the creature, one of the energy arrows actually managed to penetrate the creature, causing it to howl out.

There was a *ding* as the door opened; at the same time, Bowie was slammed by the full weight of Slash being thrown into him a quite a bit of distance and speed. To further complicate matters, what was once a small crack on Slash's dome was now a much larger impact site and spreading out like a spiderweb; the archer was temporarily knocked into a daze.

The creature began advancing down the bridge; at this point, it didn't seem likely that they had much to stop it... until Rocky stepped to the front, blade extending from his wrist as he faced down the creature. "Run." he said to the others, before charging the creature.

Whether they follows his command or not, the events that happened did so in a dramatic measure. The Toa of Stone charged forwards, thrusting his blade into where the creature's hearlight would be. With the aid of his Mask of Strength, he managed to penetrate deep into the creature, which let out a howl of pain, before its body began unraveling. Tendrils reached out and gripped at different points, and the creature began a great wrestling match with the Toa.

The fight started off seemingly even; sometimes Rocky even seemed to be gaining ground with the help of his mask, which was growing so brightly under the force of his mental concentration that the light shone from the glass plate on his helmet. Eventually, though, the creature managed to get a steady grip, working its tendrils through weak points in the armor and squeezing, causing plates of the power suit to shatter and pieces to fall apart.

Eventually, after a short time, the creatures tendrils pulled from multiple directions, ripping off almost the entire power suit and then getting a grip upon the now exposed Toa, reaching through the exposed points and even strangling him. However, in the midst of this, something else happened. Rocky began glowing with a blue light, and the creature let out a horrible cry of pain; as this happened, small shards of stone began forming along Rocky's outer armor, impaling the tendrils.

The creature stumbled back, and Rock, though tired and badly injured from the tussle, wasn't going to give up yet. He slammed his whole weight into the creature, causing it to tumble off the edge of the bridge. For the moment, things seemed safe, as Rocky moved to the edge and looked over...

... and one of the tendrils flared up, gripping him by the neck and pulling him down with it, into the chasm below.

OOC: Thus, at the start of the second month, I have deemed that the first full body description of one of the lost is given - no silhouette intended. Is the creature dead? Probably not, given. Injured? Can such a thing be injured? It was before, of course, but it seemed to get better afterwards. No doubt a trouble in the future... but not right now. Not for the moment.

For the moment, you guys are safe. But at the moment, Rocky is now dead (at the creator's request).

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 72 (Chasm, Officer Side)

She can only stare, open mouthed, at the dark bridge that held no sign of either being. The Matoran had retreated, with or without the others, at Rocky's command, but when the creature cried out she returned just to watch the Toa fall with that thing.

Slowly, 72 lowers her head, sending out a silent prayer to whatever the heck watched over them kindly that Rocky would be peaceful, whether in death or in the afterlife.

A single tear drips onto her visor.

"W-we don't h-have much time to s-spare.. S-say your farewells a-and then we'll be off.."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Bowie walked up to the edge of the chasm, he stood there silently for a moment and said a quick farewell to Rocky, "We can only hope that wherever he is, he's happy" Why did it have to be him? Why not me? a couple of tears streamed down 913's battered Kualsi.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC: [ 391 ] - Chasm Room / Officer's Deck Entrance"A hero's death." The green-eyed Onu-Toa stood at the edge of yawning darkness, her voice oddly tight, almost cold. The cold of anguished withdrawal, not of indifference. "If there is an afterlife, and I doubt not that there is, he will claim a reward indeed."She turned abruptly away towards the open door, jaw set. "Let us go. He gave all to save us; by the sky above and the earth beneath, I swear it shall not be in vain."

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: 337 - Officer's Entrance:

337 remained frozen at the edge of the bridge, staring down into the depths that 655 had fallen into, along with that beast. While everyone was saying farewell to the Toa, 337 was only thinking of how he could have survived. Perhaps the beast broke his fall? What if he was still alive down there? There was no way to get down, besides jumping, of course.

An unnecessary loss; Rocky (as they called him) was the closest thing they had to a leader figure. With him gone, the road ahead looked dim, and futile. He could only hope that he was alright, or at least still alive.

"I don't want to believe that he is dead. So I will not say goodbye, not until I see proof that he has passed on," he said, glancing down the chasm once more before turning, and heading back to the group.

-Skar

IC: 913 turned to Slash, "It's not your fault, you didn't choose for that beast to appear, sometimes one has to make a sacrifice for the good of many." 913 walked towards the officers deck entrance, "Sometimes, the survival of the many is more important than the survival of one. Rocky made his choice, now we have to live with it."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC: #31415

"Rocky..." Iron Boy was lost for words.

"We... we have to continue, be-before another thing attacks us," Iron Boy said. He motioned to the others to hurry.

"I'll take rear guard."

IC: #00271

Sparky walked over to the box amd picked it up.

"What could this be?"It felt surprisingly light.

OOC: From

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10285&p=587244

OOC:@Norik The Student: Everyone's already crossed. See TLZ's post.IC: [ 391 ] - Officer's Deck Entrance391 paused a second to let 913 take the point position, then fell in behind him as the group filed through the door into the long-sought Officer's deck.OOC:I could do some description, but thought we'd better let da GM have a chance to make an official area introduction or something.

{2} Officers Deck. This is where officers on the ship had their quarters, most having to stay awake during the voyage. Most of it is destroyed or ruined. This area is highly dangerous and has little power.

[iC-GM] Officer's Deck

What lay beyond the door was a long hallway, and quite a mess. There were holes all over the floor, though too small to permit entry, and quite a number of doorways along the edge. Most of these seemed to be sealed to prevent entry, but it looked like a few may have actually been forced open or were jammed.

Wall panels were missing or falling apart all over, with loose wires laying about. Pieces of the lighting on the ceiling were scattered across the ground, and there were shattered pieces of metal and crystal all over. The only real light came from small shards of lightstone that were scattered around the floor, and the small pieces still hanging above.

There seemed to be very little power left in this deck... answers, on the other hand, may be in abundance.

OOC: Go crazy.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: 248 - Personnel Deck

248 woke with a start. He began to think about his current predicament, only to realize he had no idea what that predicament might be. Every time he thought he remembered something, he realized that he didn't, which also brought in more questions. He decided to break down the situation logically: Who, what, where, when, why, how.

'How am I?'

He looked over himself. Aside from the amnesia, he seemed to be unharmed by whatever led him to this situation.

'What am I?'

That one was easy. He was a Toa of Ice.

'Where am I?'

This was somewhat trickier, but he knew he was in a stasis tank. Outside, he could vaguely make out what appeared to be the interior of a space ship.

"Who am I?"

This time, he spoke aloud. The strange suit he was wearing flared to life, displaying the words "Welcome: Crew Member 2-4-8." "Guess that's me," he muttered to himself.

He realized he had missed a question. Deciding the suit could provide some answers, he once again spoke aloud.

"When am I?"

"Internal chronometer offline."

That left one question.

Why?

He supposed he'd just have to find out. He began scanning through the files on his suit. He found information on weapons systems, combat techniques, and how to use his mask. He punched the stasis tank. A small part broke into pieces, and fell noiselessly to the ground. He peered through the hole. Getting a good view of the outside, he activated his Kanohi Kualsi, teleporting out of the tank. He was in a row of similar tanks. He looked around and saw a pile of... something. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be the organic parts of a biomechanical being.

OOC: That's the gore 27 and 404 took out of 5.

248 open for interaction.

Edited by Jamags

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

OOC:

In this post, 819 becomes worthy of his nickname of Priest. He'll have a reason for people to call him that now.

IC: 819 (Priest) [Over chasm]

All the others had left but 819, who still stood over the chasm on the bridge. He was holding on of his books, ripping through it, looking for something that would be unknown to anyone but him. Then, he found what he was looking for and looked down into the chasm.

"In life, in death. Your name was unknown to us, but you were called 'Rocky' and '655'. Before your demise, you lead our small company. May the Great Beings watch over your spirit in the afterlife."

819 stood over the chasm for nearly a minute, reciting from Words of the Great Beings. Once the funeral rites had been finished, he looked up from the book and walked along the bridge to the Officer's Deck, entering as the last to come in.

The room was badly lit, and looked to be in disrepair. Others were already moving about the room, and he had come in sometime after everyone else did.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: No response. Didn't think there was anyone there anyway...

IC - 248 - Personnel Deck:

He looked down the hallway, and saw an empty shell of a Steltian, dead on the floor. Most likely, the mess in front of him was the Steltian's organic parts. He walked over. There seemed to have been several scuffles in this area. Mostly Toa and Toa-sized beings. A wall had been blown out. He noticed that there had also been... something else, there. It, unlike any of the other combatants, had left a trail. One of a strange liquid he assumed was blood. The being was either a threat to be eliminated or a fellow crewmember to be joined. He began to follow the blood.

OOC: *Elmer Fudd voice* Shh... I'm huntin' wost. Eheheheheh.

Wook! Wost twacks! Eheheheh.

Well, let's see where you've been off to, Mr. Kanohi-Face.

Edited by Jamags

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

IC: [ 391 ] - Officer's Deck391 glanced thoughtfully about the hallway, then coughed slightly to draw the attention of her teammates."Alright, guys... and girl. Before we start digging around for answers, there's a few things we need to clear up. A few things to settle. The first, is that of leadership. We're sapient entities, true, but at the moment we're little more than a prowling pack of scavengers. Coyotes. Jackals. I think it's already been proven that we're not the strongest or the most dangerous things around, but we are the smartest, collectively speaking. It's our wits and know-how that's going to make the difference... that, and the capacity for quick, decisive action. Diplomacy doesn't give us that. We're a pack, and a pack needs a... a leader. Rocky..."She gulped a quick breath and hurried on, voice brittle as glass."Rocky was the leader, the alpha male. He's dead. We need a new one."Her vivid green eyes slid slowly around from one face to another, calculating, comparing, considering."Any suggestions?"OOC:So... yeah. We're already into the second month, and all this 'which hallway shall we take' is far too time-consuming. We need a definite leader and a definite purpose, no?

IC: 819 (Priest) [Officer's Deck]

The Skakdi walked over to the group and listened to the conversation that the members were having about choosing a new leader. He had been thinking about this same exact subject before 391 had brought it up, and he was thus very interested in it.

"We should go around, and have each person who wants to be leader nominate him or herself. Then, we take a vote, each person having one vote on who they want to be leader. The one with the most votes wins and becomes our leader."

Between saying this and his next comment, 819 took a quick second of pause to think. Did he want to be the leader? Well, he did want to be in charge, to an extent, but then again, he wasn't entirely conformable being in charge and making discussions.

"I don't want to be leader. I would rather be an advisor or counselor or something."

OOC:

Here is a list of everyone in the group. If the X in the brackets is black, that character has nominated themself to be a leader. A white X means the character has not spoken on the matter or has decided not to be a leader.

[X]-819 (Priest): Canis

[X]-113 (Slash): Killer_Myr/The_Glow_Cloud

[X]-391: Shadowhawk

[X]-31415: Norik The Student

[X]-72: Zakaro

[X]-913 (Bowie): Falcon Lord

[X]-337: Skarloth

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 913 began to think for a moment, he was no leader, he was a strategist, a soldier, never a leader. But he was going to take action, he had spent far to long grieving for those he had lost, for those he had left behind. He would stand idle no longer, "I nominate myself as a counsellor, if that works. I am no leader, I'm a strategist, a soldier, I will give counsel to the best of my knowledge to any leader we assign."

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC: 72 (Officer's Deck)

"I think, perhaps, it'd be better for me to be more of a second in command, if anything, because honestly, I haven't been all that reliable," she pauses to take a breath and then continues.

"I froze up seeing... the thing.. I think I'm a bit rash.. Basically, just not prime leader material.."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:#29824 turned away from the door and talking to the other being at sat back down at the terminal. He hit the button labeled "Display Retreat Deck Layout", hoping it would display more than just the retreat deck.

OOC:Am I allowed to determine what it does? I'm still not sure.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC - 248 - Personnel deck: Having followed the blood for a while, he saw a room up ahead. There were several figures inside, speaking to each other. He assumed they were in the same situation he was. As he walked toward the room, he drew his plasma pistols, but kept them at his side, so as not to appear hostile. He opened the door slightly.

"Hello?"

OOC: @ Group 1; You know, in my experience, the leader is usually the one who says, "We're wasting time. I'm heading down that hallway; follow me if you want."

OOC: I'll take control of what happens with this control panel; feel free to PM suggestions, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be taken in this case unless they advance the plot better than this.

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck

Starboard Lookout, Retreat Deck, Observation Room

A diagram of the Retreat Deck popped up. It was a very nice diagram, unlike the roughly done MS Paint rendering the GM threw together quickly. It conveyed the same information as this one -

retreat.jpg

OOC: Allow me to elaborate -

The hallways where blue continues on go further; Legolover's character came from the hallway going vertically into the gym, the rest of you have come from the horizontal path.

The gym is as Legolover described it earlier.

The kitchen and supply are sealed off, at least at the moment.

The sauna is a regular sauna. It's not operational. There was a diagram near the door showing how to remove the suit, but it was a hologram projection; with the power down, nothing is displayed. Shame. It's taunting you because someone scribbled "for Dummies" next to the heading of "How to Remove Your Power Suit." Rude.

The charge station are where Matoran Universe species could "charge up" as a supplement to eating like on Metru-Nui, while also relaxing. There are books all over the place. Most of the charging stations show signs of being rarely used, and are thus in good condition; a few were not on when the disaster hit the ship and may be accessible if power were restored to the area, the rest were and have shattered. How to use them... there's a pretty, pretty diagram.

Recreation has books, pool tables, etc. Anything recreational other than the gym. The power is especially messed up here. There are a few set-ups in here for music and so forth, and even a mini arcade. As mentioned, the power is messed up; most of the electronic things are damaged. You will not be playing Grand Theft Archives: Onu-Metru any time soon.

Management I will describe if you go into. It might be dangerous, or it might be plot. It's a roulette game for you folks.

You are in the observation deck.

The red dots show a sealed entry way. Some controls or options chosen may cause them to open, but for now they're sealed. The brown dots show sealed doorways that your characters could force open if necessary, or hack the doorway open (if you have that skill listed).

The area to the bottom left is elevators (these ones only go up and down). Yellow ones lead to the Cargo Hold. The green one leads to Hydroponics. The red one goes to Communications, but seems to be damaged. The orange ones lead elsewhere in the Personnel Deck.

Feel free to add description as you wish; confer with me over things that are plot altering and so forth. This is a good place for such things to be introduced, after all.

As I said, if you use the other controls on the terminal, I'll handle the turnout.

IC: [ 391 ] - Officer's Deck"337 hasn't put his two cents in." pointed out 391. "And as for nominees... well, Slash can't be the only one, now can he?"She tilted her head slightly to one side, a little playfully."Competition is always good. Add my number to the list, would you?"

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC:

"Well, this looks interesting. I recommend we go to Management, in just a second," #29824 said, as he pressed the "Display - Menu" button.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC - 248 - Observation Deck:

The strangers didn't respond. 248 nudged the door open and spoke louder this time.

"Hello?"

OOC: JSYK, that's Group 3 (I think they're called group three. It's kind of confusing with Canary Group and that other group that woke up without armor running around.)

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck

Starboard Lookout, Retreat Deck, Observation Room

The menu brought a number of relatively useless options like creating a text file or uploading pictures into view that seemed impossible to make use of at the moment, along with things like calculators and access to a library of music tracks, audio tracks for books, and even a small library of e-reader files to be uploaded for leisure. There were tips and videos on the proper way to eat, and a cool trick to cure minor confusion upon awakening from stasis by listening to music while rubbing thornax juice on ones eyes.

There was one strange thing - there were two separate folders for music, seemingly identical. Actually pulling up the menu, though, showed that the sound files, while named the same, had barely any data; someone had tried to hide separate audio files under another name, for whatever reason. But why?

After a moment, the files meant to answer that question itself as the terminal automatically hooked to hidden sound systems in the room and a female voice declared -

"I never really believed the rumors about a conspiracy onboard the ship, but you just proved it now, didn't you? If you're not smart enough to have figured it out yet, we're onto your little scheme, and have removed the track you came for. This is designation 0-0-0-7-2, Second Lieutenant, and by order of the SPSRD, the person standing at the terminal right now is sentenced to court martial by law."

If someone expected something to happen, they'd be disappointed; it didn't. Nobody here to capture them.

OOC: oh hey

that's my character talking from the past

cooool (Also hey, she's a Second Lieutenant, which is also cooool.)

lastly CONSPIRACY OMG :eek: :P

IC: 72 (Hallways, Officer's Deck)

"Well, whatever we decide, can we decide it on the move? Staying in one place just makes the hunt easier for that thing."

She's started to edge down the hallway, shifting her feet and looking nervously around. She's got a sense of foreboding.. although it's been lurking in the back of her mind for a while, it's beginning to grow now. Hopefully movement can help keep it down..

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: [ 391 ] - Officer's Deck"Sure, exploration is the reason we came here. But we stick together, alright? No splitting into smaller groups unless it's absolutely necessary... remember the note in the dead man's hand."Maybe not the most comforting topic to bring up, but 391 had never been one to overlook potential difficulties, at least so far as she could remember.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC - 248 - Personnel deck - Observation room:

248 listened to the voice, intrigued. Court martial via music recording? He found himself rather amused by the idea. But as for what the voice said? He couldn't help but think that the conspiracy is what had landed him in a stasis tank. And he wasn't exactly happy about being landed in a stasis tank. Somebody was going to end up on the wrong end of his energy swords for this. Realizing that the others in the room were probably more interested in the recording than they were in him, he decided to introduce himself anyway.

"I'd tell you my name, but I spent a bit too long in a stasis tank, and I think I just figured out why. Designation:" While 248 was easier to say, he decided 0-0-2-4-8 must be the formal way to say it. "00248"

He walked over to the terminal, wondering if it had anything else in it.

OOC: Awesome. Completely awesome. And we're quickly finding out that most if not all of our characters were either part of the conspiracy or trying to stop it.

And also: BEST. MUSIC. EVER. :P If my suit had an iPod, I'd download it. :P

Edited by Jamags

OOC: Back in the game!IC: 03608Personnel Deck / Starboard Lookout"...and by order of the SPSRD, the person standing at the terminal right now is sentenced to court martial by law."Click. A pause, maybe even bated breath. But nothing happened."They're coming for you," said 03608 to the person at the terminal.

IC - 248 - Personnel Deck - Observation room:

248 snorted. "They're either in stasis or running around with amnesia like the rest of us. For all we know, they already came here. As much as I'd like to see whatever scum put us all in stasis get a beatdown, I doubt it's anybody here."

OOC: JSYK (You probably do know anyway), 248 isn't the one at the terminal.

Edited by Jamags