The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC: [ 391 ] - Personnel Deck / Locker Room391 considered, bringing up a general map of the starship's layout on her HUD with a single word."I've got a map... not an in-depth one, but it shows some of the main areas. We're in the Personnel Deck; Hydroponics, Engineering, Science & Medical, Cargo Hold, and a place marked 'Officers' all border on our present position. Apparently, this Personnel Deck has a prominent sub-section, marked 'Training'."She glanced around at her teammates. "Any comments? It's all the same to me."She didn't mention her desire to explore 'Engineering'; it seemed wiser to just 'go with the flow' at the moment. There would be time later...In theory.OOC:391's profile states clearly that she possesses 'basic knowledge of the starcraft's general layout', but that HUD map may still be out-of-bounds. If it is, I can edit this post.

IC: 306 felt as though she could hear a familiar voice. Fumbling, she found that she couldn't escape the tube by herself.

Unless...

She pushed her foot against the side of the tube and her back against the other. She could feel her body straining to straighten, and added another foot. Nothing happened. In anger, she punched the sides of the tube, and it shattered loudly. She fell onto the ground with a loud "Oof!" Her eyes widened in wonder as she stood up. "Wow... This is cool." With no warning, a screen burst up in front of her eyes. It informed her of her purpose and she slowly nodded. "Oh. What even is that?" she asked herself. The Toa looked around. "Hey, are there any people anywhere?"

OOC: Rauta, I choose you!

Edited by Neelh

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

IC: 7725, ???

7725 stood up. So this new Matoran was also not as threatening as he appeared to be. Hopefully the rest of their encounters would be much more pleasant.

"Do I know where we are? Not at all. I'm thinking about looking for a directory or someone that does."

A sound of shattered glass echoed through the room. Looking through the dim light, 7725 could barely make out the shape of another being getting to its feet. He could hear only a little of what it said afterward, but he understood enough.

"What good timing," he said, starting to walk in the direction of the figure. "Hey, you over there! Do you know where we are?"

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: "We are on the Personnel Deck of the Requiem IV. We are intending to fly..."

She slammed a hand over the part of her visor where her mouth would be as she realised that she knew something other than who she was and that she had forgotten the rest of the sentence, which felt practised and smooth the rest of the time.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure what came over me. I'm pretty sure I'm right, though. So, who are you?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

IC: 7725, Personnel Deck: Requiem IV

"So we are on a ship. I guess we're not leaving any time soon. I am 7725, Engineer for this...craft."

7725 extended a hand in greeting. "Seeing as you know where we are, you wouldn't happen to have a directory for the place, would you?"

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: "I'm 306," she grinned in reply, regarding the hand awkwardly before shaking it gently. "Did you end up getting a weird number-name too? Anyway, being an engineer sounds cool. What do you do? It sounds a lot better than me. All I know is that I do something navigation-y. Like, I have a visual map on this little face-screen if I concentrate, but it's all in my head anyway. Where do you need to go?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"Well, so far it has entitled me to dealing with pop up alerts about repairs needing to be made. Maybe the alerts will tell me what needs fixing."

Not knowing how to bring the HUD back up, 7725 did the most obvious thing he could think of: he tapped his helmet just outside of his right eye.

The HUD flashed to life, displaying a blue menu with various options.

Manuals

Diagnostics

Specifications

Alerts

"Hrm, how to use this, ah, let's see, 'Alerts.' "

The screen flashed again. This time, it simply showed a message.

"Immediate repairs needed, check diagnostic ports for more information."

"Close." The screen flashed off.

7725 turned to 306. "Would you know where I may locate a diagnostic port?"

Teridax to Vakama

IC: "Sure," she grinned. "They're in almost every room... Except this one, of course. So, let's try and find one so you can do whatever an engineer does!"

OOC: passing this over to anyone else who wants to do the setting off and walking along

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"How unfortunate. Perhaps there is one near the engines."

7725 looked back at the other two, who had remained fairly quiet during the entire meeting.

"Perhaps the four of us should travel together. Might save us from ending up like that guy," he said, pointing at the corpse.

Teridax to Vakama

IC (400)

He looked past the small Fe-Matoran's outstretched arm.

"That guy was a..." His suit chirped faintly into his ears. "...common enemy. There was another group that left down that hall." He shrugged towards the illuminated passage.

Looking back at the shattered glass from the canister from which this new Toa had emerged, he grimaced. So much noise, always so much noise. There was a handle. Why did no one see it? It had only taken him a few hours to understand how to leave the pod, it wasn't advanced engineering... something some of these others should know. His suit chirped, and he was reminded to set the little canister in his palm back to the attachment port on his waist. Better he let it charge again, if they were to leave, some of its less peaceful functions might come in handy.

IC: 655 - Locker Room

"That door looks good to me." 655 said as he pointed to the door to the right. "Don't know where it leads, but it's got to have more use to us than this room did..."

655 didn't speak aloud what he really wanted to do: check the officers room to see if it had any information about his past.

Whatever, that could wait until later.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

196- Locker room

IC: Before the group decided where to move, 196 spoke up from where he was putting the contents of his locker into the storage compartment on his suit.

"This whole ship looks like it could use some extra power. It seems that there is an emergency power station on top of it.I vote we make our way towards that."

As he finished speaking, his fastened the holographic protector onto his forearm. It could be be used as a flashlight if needed.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 0682
There was nothing within the darkness, for the sensorium is an unnecessary organ within the all-encompassing void. No light, no compassion, no trace of lifeblood’s warmth as it coursed through the veins of the living could be found in that vast emptiness.
From the void, a wraith of steel and shadow was born, its armour-clad body created from the eternal nothingness. It was a child of the darkness, born into the smoke and murk of the physical world, out of the pristine beauty of the shadowed planes.
The wraith woke, slowly opening its eyes as if appreciating a particularly uplifting overture. It floated serenely, held aloft by some comforting and nurturing liquid that was unable to penetrate its metallic skin, unable to turn the calloused heart into a tender, loving one. The tentacles of steel and plastic snaked around its limbs, connecting directly into its dark armour.
It laid its hand against the glass, staring out at a world of steel and shadows, tainted and discolored by the greenish, murky water.
The cracks formed like so many delicate spider webs, branching out as a distant creaks and moans reverberated distortedly in the containment tube. The sinisterly ethereal wraith’s so very delicate touch turned so terribly severe. The glass shattered, a thousand translucent flower petals swept away in an unseen wind, as the liquid seeped out of the tank. The snakes of metal, once coiled around it as if feebly trying to restrain the child of the void, now lay broken and torn at its feet. There a horrible hiss as valves closed and metallic apertures twisted shut, locking the shadow into its armour, closing the holes that the snakes had made, and leaving clean circles lining the armour along the spine and forearms.
It is unusually cold, it noted hollowly.
What is cold? It thought with something akin to confusion.
Cold held no place in its mind. It was not a necessary or required word for the files that futilely screamed “read me!” as the wraith stared blankly at the rusted room it had been held in for so long.
It realized, ever so slowly, that cold did not matter, and yet the thought lingered in its mind, as it ran its fingers along the apparatus lining the walls. Its delicate touch seemed to active some dark corner of its mind, sending synapses of steel and wire not found in normal beings firing in a symphony of action and reaction.
For a moment, it experienced happiness. There was a rush of previously unknown emotion as the machines that surrounded it seemed to speak to it, whispering dark, untold secrets that it felt it would never be able to appreciate. They had so much to tell, they had secrets to whisper and epic ballads to sing, but they were mute, all of them, unable to express themselves, even to someone so open as the child of the void.
Some distant relative of sadness formed into an icy sphere at the pit of its stomach. The wraith realised so very well now that it was staring at incomplete, unfinished lives contained within steel, memories imprisoned in iron. As it so delicately caressed the steel walls surrounding it, the wraith did nothing but connect itself to the machines, letting their functions, their abilities fill its mind in an overpowering wave of technical information.
When the last piece of rusting steel had felt its touch, the wraith of steel and shadow accessed its files.
The strange little virtual documents told it so many things, so many beautiful secrets of the steel, iron, and shadow that surrounded it, a novel whose main characters had no blood in their veins, no heart in their chest, and a brain constructed out of nothing but silicon chips engraved with circuits.
The files touched the wraith in a way it did not believe possible. It now knew that these brethren, these androids with the same electricity-filled veins as it could be found, could be known, and they could be loved as they should always have been, but never were.
The wraith of steel and shadow left the hibernation chamber not as an biomechanical being who had created and worked on machines, but as an unfinished hunk of steel and flesh, hoping to view the beauty of wholly metallic gods and titans. As it crawled across the ceiling, the child of the void slowly pondered the files pertaining to itself, and the abilities it possessed, simultaneously setting a mental course to the “Training” area of this world of wires and iron, sure that the beauty it sought could be found there.
OOC: Alright, 0682 is open for interaction.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC:

0682 was never submitted to the profile topic, from what I can see, and you didn't put anything about it being preapproved. Was it approved?

IC: 999 Beta [Golden Sand Canary]

"Oh, is that all you've noticed? Nothing about the difference in voice, or general demeanor? We're going to kill that thing, if you like it or not! One of us will stand in view of one in the hallway the sealed door leads out of. The others will stand out of view to the sides with guns. Thing comes in, we blast it. Sound good?"

IC: 819 [Personnel Deck]

"The right hand door sounds good. Let's go." The Su-Skakdi began walking towards the door unstrapping the cannon from his back. A religious man being heavily armed. How contrary.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

0682 was never submitted to the profile topic, from what I can see, and you didn't put anything about it being preapproved. Was it approved?

OOC: Yes, it was. It was handled over PM, and was submitted into the Profiles topic, though not to Discussion. I believe he is also on the character list.

[iC-GM] - The Golden Sand Canary

There was a shudder that moved through the entire ship, setting everyone off balance and nearly flooring the entire group of Canary crew members. The computer started whirring a little bit, and a highly mechanized yet still feminine voice declared -

"Preparing to override lock-down procedures. Unsealing all doors."

[iC-GM] - Personnel Deck, Level ???, Locker Room 101-1000

The door along the right wall of the locker room was a large double door, with a small panel over it. A few Matoran sigils flashed from time to time, but none formed and cohesive words. It was, apparently, not a vital enough system to be worth keeping active.

There was also a scanner placed above, which much like the ones on the lockers did a sweep as it was approached. A flash of red light swept over the area, before finally settling on the Matoran marked as 72. There was a short flash before the scanner established, "Crew officer zero-zero-zero-seven-two identified. Permission to access officers lift - granted."

The door double doors pulled to the side, revealing a small room with a computer terminal at the far wall. It was large enough to fit the entire group in a tight squeeze, but not a comfortable one. Any more wouldn't have much a chance of happening.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 819 [Personnel Deck]

"Well, I guess we know who this one is. A crew officer." 819 said, pointing to the female Matoran of Psionics, before walking unto the elevator, turning around, and waiting for others to enter.

IC: 999 [Golden Sand Canary]

Beta looked around franticly. "Alright, who did that?"

OOC:

My point was he didn't say anything about it being preapproved when he posted it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 72 (Locker Room)

The Matoran's jaw slowly dropped, and then went back it its normal position. This was unexpected.

"I.. uh.. wow," was all she managed to say, still dumbfounded.

With a look of extreme surprise on her face, she enters and turns back, shouting to the rest.

"Anyone else want to come? I think we've got enough room for everyone.."

Approaching the computer terminal, she hopes that it'll be usable-and comprehendible. With luck, this could lead them right to the Training Area.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

196- Locker Room

IC: Seeing as this was something they should probably check out sooner rather then later, 196 made his way to the elevator and took a spot near the back wall.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck Elevator - Computer Terminal

The computer terminal was already active, and showed a diagram of the ship. [OOC: Imagine a more formal, electronic looking version of the map, without the areas missing and without the red areas showing]. There was a complicated system of intersecting lines being shown. This was more than an elevator; it was part of a network for transport. And likely, once they took it, it wouldn't be coming back. No wonder it was for officer and accompanying use only.

There were a few areas where blue circles were marked, pinging occasionally. It was probably a touch screen. The fact that it said "PRESS INTENDED LOCATION" right above it reinforced this idea. They were marked as follows -

--> Officers

--> Hydroponics

--> Training

--> Cargo Hold

--> Science & Medical

There were four other dots to choose - Engineering, Maintenance, Mining, and the Bridge. However, the dots present were red, and a note marked that the shafts had been damaged and were inaccessible. They would need to find another way to reach those locations.

It would appear that now they had to decide where to go. If they intended on following through with the plan to reach the bridge, they would need to head to head through the officers section. If they wanted to follow the plan of going there, the same thing. The training area was also present, as another suggested plan.

There was also the possibility of reaching the emergency power station as suggested, though that would require making through the engineering deck and then heading up. Which would mean going through an entire other deck just to reach engineering...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 686686 jumped when he heard the glass shatter and nearly drew his blades again. He restrained himself when he saw the Toa approaching and 7725 walked over to her. 'Relax." he thought to himself. He decided to let 7725 handle 306. He knew that he hadn't exactly made a good impression on the first two live beings he had met so he was going to let somebody else handle this one. 686 looked at 400."So you saw what happened here?" he asked examining the scene around him and ending down the lit hallway. "There is strength in number so it is probably an even better idea to go down there now. Hopefully we can catch up with them." He turned and headed in the direction of the hallway. He listened in on some of 306 and 7726's conversation. With all this talk of a database he began to wonder.... As if in in response to his prodding thoughts a few files popped up mostly about his suits capabilities and diagnostic. He pulled up the one about the ranged weapon and began to skim through it. Getting pretty excited by what he was reading he closed the file and attempted to test this new information. He clenched his fist, the bracelets around his wrist expanded turning into secondary gauntlets covering the suits hands and forearms a barrel hidden on the top. "Oh... this... this will do nicely." he said with a smile. He turned back to 400. "You know where they went you lead the way." he said unclenching his fists and letting the gauntlets reform into the bracelets.

OOC: I apologize for the lack of responses. Nobody told me how to get access to the computers at work until late in the day. But now that I know I will be able to post a little more then I thought I would from now on.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

196- Officer's Lift

IC: After looking the map over and burning it into his mind, the black suited Vortixx voiced his thoughts.

"Officers will most likely have information on what has happened. Hydroponics will have the food necessary for prolonged survival. Training will probably have weapons, of a non-lethal type or not, I cannot say. The Cargo Hold will have spare parts and supplies of several different kinds, a "Jack-of-all-Trades" sort of place. Finally, Science and Medical will in all likelihood have more technical and specialized equipment then the other places, stuff that we might need if we want to fix this place."

He was quiet for several seconds, gathering his thoughts before speaking again.

"I vote we head to Officers first. Before anything else we need information on just about everything. Personal information my be found there, but that is of a secondary nature. A more detailed map may be there, as well as lists of just what is broken."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 575 - Personnel Deck

Huh. This is new.

She found her arms locked by her sides, her breathing reverberating throughout her helmet. There was a loud whirring sound, unmistakably mechanical in nature, and she suddenly dropped, hitting the ground with a thud. 575 rose to her feet, observing her surroundings.'Hello! Is anyone there?'

'Hello' a soft, yet monotonous voice replied.'Who... who are you?'

'I am the Voice Interface for the Power Suit of Crew Member 00575.'

'Okay...' She stopped to gather her thoughts for a moment. 'Where am I?'

'You are aboard the starship Requiem IV, on the Personnel Deck.'

Pondering again.

'Is there anything important I should know?'

Suddenly, a hundred different windows popped up on her HUD, all with diagrams and numbers and instructions.

'Advanced Mechanics and Engineering.... huh.' Suddenly, there was a loud creaking sound, and she instinctively reached behind her back, withdrawing a large spanner, about a bio in length and quite heavy. She wielded the tool with uncertainty and unease, her hands shaking slightly.

'W-who's there?'OOC: 575 open for interaction.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: (767, Canary)"Not me."The Fe-Toa started tapping on the terminal, grinding his teeth. "No good. The override is... Well, overriding my efforts."He sighed, turning and igniting his blade. "Both of you, go. Through engineering. I'm right behind you."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: 72 (Officer's Lift)

"As useful as going to the Bridge would be, it's not available," 72 points out, gesturing to the red dot marking the Bridge.

"I feel that it would be best to go to the Training Deck first. We can likely pick up some weaponry and then can easily get into the Officer's Deck from there."

While she speaks, the Ce-Matoran gazes at the map for a few seconds, wishing she could take it along.

Click.

Photo Saved.

..That was helpful.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: #00271>>>ERROR ERROR ERROR>>CORRUPTED INSTALLER>CONTINUE?>>>>UPLOADING DATA>>STANDBY>WELCOME, ENGINEEGGHSSIZBAJKKMNB112889000000000#00271 opened her eyes. She swivelled her head around. She saw that she was in a container of clear crystal. An indicator light above her blinked red."How do I get out of here?" She said to herself.The visor in front of her showed a daigram of her wrist mounted tools.With an almost practised motion, she flicked the blades forward and slashed open the glass.#00271 tumbled out. She steadied herself and looked around.The place was lined with similiar pods."Where am I? Who am I?"Her visor flashed."DESIGNATION: ENGINNEER #00271. LOCATION: PERSONNEL DECK OF REQUIEM IV. PURPOSE OF STASIS: ZZKKZZZZZ ERROR, CORRUPTED FILE."#00271 was pleasantly surprised she had a helpful AI on her... power suit."All right, Sparks,let's go," thinking of a name for the AI on the spot.She followed down a corridor with its lights off. Her visor noted a trial of blood. She turned and saw a dead Steltian around the corner.Suddenly, her senses were up. She scanned her surroundings and subconsciously activated her wrist mounted blades and elcetrical gun. She proceeded cautiously.

Edited by Norik The Student

IC: 819 [Elevator]

819 looked at the map and then said, "If I may I suggest a different route, I think we should go to Hyrdroponics, get there, set up camp, and then a smaller group goes to the Officer's Deck. That way, we will have a camp set up before we explore. A place to report back to."

IC: 999 [Golden Sand Canary]

Beta crippled over and closed his eyes. When he opened them back up, they were orange. 999 Prime said, "What happened?" Then, the memories of Beta flooded back to him, and he started to run towards engineering.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 655 - Elevator

655 squeezed into the filling elevator, taking the empty spot next to 819 and 391. He was careful not to bump into the Matoran, she was an officer after all...

"I vote for officers, but it's really up to 72." 655 said as he gestured towards the Matoran. "She obviously outranks all of us, and it's about time we had a leader. All of this voting is giving me somewhat of a headache..."

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 608. Lockers

most of the others had left to explore the other door, but 608 stayed behind. he was exploring his books again. wars, battles, a lifetime a stories, all from him. "if only I could remember all of this" he said, a bit sad. he wanted to get off of this ship. he wanted to get back to his home..if he had one. that got him thinking. they had to be awakened at this particular time, but for what? why were they waking up now, in a big group?

Previously known as Aiwendil.