The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC - 24601 (personnel deck):

It was strange to wake up humming. But that was how 24601 came back into the world. His eyes opened with a start, and his hum turned into a scream. Aided weakly by his sonic power it shattered the glass, sending him rolling onto the floor. Slowly the Skakdi got to his feet, looking about at the room he was in.

"Where am I?" he sang under his breath--singing seemed to be his natural way of talking, it seemed. He looked down, taking in his appearance.The violin felt like an old friend and he clasped it fondly.

"What sort of place is this?" he asked thin air, for once in a normal voice.

OOC: so, what's going on in the wake up area or did everyone flee it already?

OOC: so, what's going on in the wake up area or did everyone flee it already?

OOC: A second pretty large group is forming up right now. The first one is too far away for you to (logically) catch up with them before they are separated for good - not that they can really take any more with them on their cramped elevator.

[iC-GM] Golden Sand Canary

As 999 and 59049 rushed through the hallway to engineering, they found they despite the unsealing of doors, they were still very much closed and quite heavy for the one desiring to open them - save for the one into the main crew area of the ship; a double door with one half completely ripped off its hinges. A trail of blood moved across from it, to the door of the engineering area.

Oh, and it appeared that all of the power was starting to drain - it was very dark in the hallway, though not pitch black. The door into the engineering area was closed off still, and presumably, as was the way to the exit room.

As the two stood at the entrance to the engineering door, a few drips of liquid hit their visor from above, drawing their attention to the sealing... where a massive hole had been ripped in the hull of the ships roof, and blood was dripping down to the floor below.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 7725, Personnel Deck: Requiem IV

7725 heard a whirring sound from 686's direction. He looked up in time to see 686's gauntlet armor fold out into a new form. "Fascinating, I must learn more about that armor," he thought.

It seemed 686 was preparing to leave the room. He wasn't sure where 686 was planning to go, though it sounded like he was going to look for someone.

Or something.

7725 heard a second whirring sound, this one in a completely different direction from 686. It was familiar to the one he had heard when his own pod opened.

"Someone's awake."

A crash from elsewhere in the room made him jump.

"Mata Nui protect us, it's like the ship is trying to scare us to death."

A third whirring noise caught his attention once more.

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC 686, Personnel Deck686 turned back to the Toa and Matoran behind him. "You three coming or-" he heard a faint whirring from where he stood and a crash at the end of the room. 686 sighed, somebody else must have just woken up. "Wonderful...." He was getting impatient and a little more on edge. "7725 you and 306 wait here for the awoken. If something happens don't hesitate to call out. Meet us after you establish contact." he thought about it for a second and said to both of them. "assume hostilites during first contact. we dont know the state these guys are in." He looked back to 400, "you lead the way."OOC: last post for the night. Funcle I will post again around 6 in the morning and whenever I have access to a computer.

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

IC: 7725, Personnel Deck: Requiem IV

686 called out to him after the din had subsided. It seemed he was only going a short distance ahead, bringing the Ko-Matoran with him.

"Seems reasonable," 7725 called back, "Try not to go too far."

He tugged on 306's hand, motioning her to follow him into a slightly darker area for safety.

He then decided it would be a good idea to determine if he had anything like the Ko-Matoran's canisters with him. Looking down, he noticed four small devices clipped around his belt line. He pulled each one off one at a time and examined them, passing the time, waiting for the others to arrive.

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 306 went along quietly, lost in her own thoughts. "Hey, long-numbered Matoran," she said quietly, trying to begin a conversation. "Can you tell me about engineering? It seems awesome, or at least more so than being backup navigation."

OOC: It's now daytime here (6:43 AM) but I'm okay with Rauta controlling my character when I'm asleep or at school.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

IC: 337 - Personnel Deck, Elevator - Voting:

It was fairly clear that they were going to Officers, as the majority of the people here wanted more information. He too wanted answers.. but supplies and weaponry sounded just as good.

"I'm with 72 on this one. It'd be good to further arm ourselves as soon as possible.. then we have a better chance of surviving, and we can go to Officers with a bit more confidence," he said, hoping to sway some of the others to his logic. If they ended up going to Officers, that was no issue; they could always collect weapons and supplies afterwards, if the group truly wanted information first.

-Skar

IC: 819 [Elevator]

"Looks like it's settled then. We're going to Officers." The Su-Skakdi walked forward and pressed the button for the Officers. He turned around and said, "Anyone who has long ranged weapons, stand in front, near the door. If you don't have weapons or they're close ranged, stand towards the back wall. We need to be cautious."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 575 - Personnel DeckHaving calmed down, she reattached her spanner to her back and contemplated looking through all the notes her suit had on Mechanics.

'Bring up everything you have on Advanced Mechanics and Engineering.'

'Certainly.'

The hundreds of pages of information popped up again. She sat back against a wall, and began reading.

Edited by Zeal

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: 72 (Officer's Lift)

She sighs before speaking, as a blush formed from the sudden respect of the discovery of being an officer fades.

"Look, I know information is very important, but we need to get ourselves better armed. If there hadn't been pieces of crystal near where I was hiding, Slash would likely be dead. We need better weaponry."

Taking a breath and steeling herself for what she was going to say next, the Ce-Matoran continues.

"Also.. There's something about that thing that you need to know..."

"It had shards of a mask embedded in its face."

The female Matoran of Psionics lets that hang in the air for a second or tow before speaking once more.

"This is why I want to go to the Training Deck. If we're armed, we can defend ourselves from both attacks from things and.."

Her voice drops to a whisper, and the beings in the elevator need to strain to hear her next words

"Avoid becoming like them..."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

There were others around, 24601 could hear. he broke into a hum as he jogged towards them. It was weird moving again after all that time--he couldn't even remember how long that time had been, dangit!--asleep. His violin was slung over his shoulder, and he drew a dirk, just in case. There were a few of them: a dark Toa and a Iron Matoran.

"Hello!" he sang cautiously, slowing to a walk as he approached.

OOC: that's you guys, 686 and 7725.

IC: Spinning around on her heel clumsily, 306 caught sight of the singing Skakdi. She grinned despite herself, having a feeling that what she saw must be slightly absurd, but welcomed him. At least, she thought it was a him. "Hey, new person. Do you have a name or a number?"

OOC: 306 is with 7725, so I guess I'll be with you until they're back???

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"Two four six oh one!" the Skakdi sang. he shook his head ruefully: he hadn't even intended the strident phrase he had sung... It had just come out that way.

"And you are?" he asked, forcing himself to actually speak.

IC: 306 chucked. "I'm 306, and my friend here is 7725. I'm not too sure on anyone else, though. Nice voice, though."

OOC: Philip Quast in the Prologue sang the first bit and none of you can convince me otherwise.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

OOC: Actually I was referencing the end of Who Am I. because really, the image of a Skakdi belting that out at full volume in a spaceship is too good to waste.

The Skakdi nodded.

"What is this place?" he asked, again speaking. Content they were friendly, he sheathed both blades.

IC: "We are on the Personnel Deck of the Requiem IV," she recited quickly. "That's it. I don't even know what it is we're supposed to be doing. All I know is that 7725 is an engineer and I'm a navigation system. What are you?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

"A singer, musician, and story-teller, I'd guess I was placed here to entertain!" 24601 warbled after thinking for a moment. "Now that we are acquainted I surely must ask, how on earth are you a ship's system?"

IC: [ 391 ] - Personnel Deck / Officer's Lift391 paled slightly behind her tinted visor; her face felt suddenly very cold.Fragments... of a shattered Kanohi, embedded in the facial tissue... and the monster had been prowling about on the Personnel Deck, which would logically be the safest, most secure area of the entire starship.She let her breath out slowly, forcing herself to keep calm. Tense situations were nothing new, but something like this... she was no fighter. She knew machines, and the laws that made the world go 'round, but..."Well," she said slowly, "I've got a plasma-charged circular saw. Should I get it out?"

IC: 655 - Elevator

"Yeah, probably." 655 responded to 391 as the elevator doors slowly closed.

Meanwhile, 72 had reached out to press on the training deck button.

"Guess that's where we're headed." 655 thought.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: "Well, I suppose I'm more of a backup navigator in case we fly off course. I'm pretty sure that otherwise I'm a guide and a guard. I don't feel strong in my body, but I do in my suit." She shrugged. "I don't know how that works, since I'm not sure how to remove the suit, but there goes. Being an entertainer must be so much more fun, though. Like you sing and dance and stuff, right?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

24601 laughed.
"I don't think I fit the dancing part, but yes: singing, ballads, that sort of thing. I don't know how that's a useful asset here, of course..." he trailed off, looking around at the ruined surroundings.
"No memory, trapped on a ship, and there's probably all sorts of disagreeable ship-mates lurking around. I could write a whole ballad about this."

IC: "Write one!" replied 306 overenthusiastically. "We all need some entertainment. Who knows when we're going to have any fun again. Right, Matoran guy?"

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

196- Officer's Lift

IC: The Vortixx sighed as the doors closed.

"I'm sure 72 was a great leader, when she still had the memories that made her such. Until she gets them back I see no reason to follow her."

Fragments of mask in his face. That would mean that he had no helmet.

"I would suggest we all take care to prevent damage to our suits as much as possible. If they get damaged then it should be repaired as soon as possible."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 686He listened irritably to the bubbly Toa and the Bard Skakdi. He didnt really care for either of them. No weapon except a dagger and a violin. 'Wonderful maybe he can play us a sad little song over our corpses if the rest of us die.' He thought irritably. And the Toa was way too cheerful. It was like she didn't notice the corpse in the room with them. He heard the Toa urging the Skakdi too write a song and entertain them. "Enough both of you!" He snapped. So help me Bard if you start singing I will end you here. We are in unknown territory with who knows what lurking around these corridors. This is hardly the time or the place!" Although his threat was empty he hoped that it carried some weight with the rest of his group.Ooc: if Funcle doesn't reply soon we should probably move on without him. Staying at the player spawn is starting to get old

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

OOC: There was a corpse in the room??? IC - The Bard (24601) - (personnel deck): 24601 rolled his eyes at the Toa. He was about to make a dry reply when the Toa began talking. Bard, he thought to himself. Nice name. I think I'll keep it. He didn't pay much attention to the rest of what 686 said, but he did note the last part. "Corners, right," he said blithely. "Perhaps we should get moving and make sure they don't stay waiting for us, hmm? I'm sure a gruff Toa like yourself can keep us safe!" He didn't quite know why he was acting so unlike his usual self, but he had a feeling that acting was part of the set of skills he had been gifted with.

Edited by Grantaire

IC: 7725, Personnel Deck, Requiem IV

The sound of song and conversation snapped 7725 out of the fascinated trance he had inadvertently put himself in. 306 was there, as expected, but a new figure graced their presence.

"Oh, sorry about that, I was so absorbed in my equipment I must've zoned out or something."

He sized up the Skakdi in front of him. "Welcome aboard the Requiem IV."

OOC: Sorry about not replying earlier, I had a real life thing that started early and spilled over into the afternoon. If I get inattentive without explanation, feel free to just drag me along. I can't weigh that much.

Edited by Rauta

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 686 personnel storage686 glowered at the Skakdi. "And I'm sure that you will keep us thouroughly entertained, Bard." He said snidely. He balled his hand into a fist turning his bracelets back into their gauntlet/gun forms, he pulled his elbows back then forward. The sound of a shell being loaded into the chamber was heard clearly in the room. "I have had enough of this place. So lets go." He turned and headed down the illuminated hall hoping for.... What? What was he expecting to find down there?Ooc: it's all good rauta. I meant to have some dialogue with Grantaire but I had to go get dinner. And I got sucked into an episode of Doctor Who. If I have to drag you along I'll just magnetically lock you to my back :P. Hope things get better.

OOC: hey hey guys

Just sayin' this but

please try not to bunny 72

kthxbai

IC: 72 (Officer's Lift)

Welp. Looks like this was the group.

The doors closed with a pleasant little Ding!, while 72 spoke quietly. Her slight blush had returned, once more over the leader thing.

"Yeah.. honestly, I don't feel that I'm fit to lead you guys, anyway.. Perhaps if I ever get my memories back I'll change my mind, but at that point things will likely be hugely different."

Only the button for the Training Deck was lit now, the others fading to grey. 72 waits, tensed, for the lift to begin movement.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC - The Bard (24601) - (personnel deck):

The Bard gave a grave inclination of his head to 2257. He smiled a little at 686's statement.

"I'm sure I will," he said without a shred of sarcasm.Then, softly humming he followed the Toa, letting 2257 go ahead of him. tensing for action, he unslung his violin, resting the bow against the string. To anyone who didn't know his power it looked ridiculous.

OOC: BTW, I expect to be rather inactive tomorrow, and after that only active in the afternoons. Feel free to move along and act as if 24601 walked with you.

Edited by Grantaire