Requiem IV Personnel Quarters

I updated my profile, thx for the advice

Could you clarify what you mean by "main core of the ship"?

So I kinda messed up and posted in the approval part. Which ill fix in a second after thisID Tag: 686Gender and Species: Male Toa of DarknessAppearance: 686 is tall and thin with piercing Red Eyes. His natural armor is black and gold and his mask is black with gold marbling.Power Armor: 686 wears black with gold accent medium metal plated armor so as not to completely restrict his movement and offer the best protection. The suit offers resistance to radiation and corrosive materials that may be found on the ship. His HUD completely covers his face and mask leaving only a pair of red eyes looking out, it is capable of switching to thermal and infrared vision and is neutrally linked to him. The suit comes equipped with Dual Ranged Shot Gauntlets which appear as bracelets at first but when activated turn into gauntlets that cover his hands and forearms. The Gauntlets act as single barrel shotguns. His suit is also equipped with wrist blades for melee combat.Judging by his weapons he was probably a soldier on the ship.Abilities: Dark Bolts. Controlling shadows and the darkness around him or others. Cloaking an area in darkness. Merging into the shadows and darkness to remain hidden. Unfortunately his elemental abilities are cut off by his suit. His mask allows him to mentally reach out and drain residual life energy from the bodies of any recently deceased nearby beings. The siphoned life force(s) make him stronger and more physically able, It is constantly on at a low level.Personality: 686's is honorable, fierce, unflinching, and trustworthy. He distances himself from others because he is uncomfortable around them. However if they approach him and get him to open up he will do whatever it takes to help them. He will fight whether with blade or wit with anyone or anything that tries to exploit the weak and doesn't believe in leaving people behind. Due to his amnesia 686 can be a little.... unpredictable.

While it's alright on the profile or OOC/discussion, I'd like to ask that you use larger font - preferably not yellow, but you can usually highlight to fix that - on the RP topic. It's a little hard to read as is. Mostly the yellow.

You had asked me about canon elements and the like, but by Toa of Darkness do you mean Toa of Shadow? Or is there something different about this? Along the same vein, it never says it outright but the mask you have listed is the same description of the Mask of Scavenging. Is there a difference about this one?

Setting up a little clarification - these suits already have gauntlets/gloves in place, so the shot gauntlets I take it would create a second overlay?

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Additions and edits bolded.

7725’s Miru has been modified with an HUD setup. The HUD is linked to his power suit’s database, allowing him to call up the necessary information he may require. It will receive alerts from the ship’s main computer when the system has detected a malfunction. His mask also has a fold-out face guard, which he uses for welding and cutting applications or in instances where he must seal himself off from the outside environment. While in stasis, the face guard is deployed over his face. In addition, it has a small pop-out light on the forehead. The back of the mask is fitted with a removable attachment that creates a full helmet around his head. Additional equipment may be attached to the helmet for adapting to different environments.His suit does not have life support systems for performing space walks or working in extreme environments. This equipment is separate to give the engineers adaptability for the different conditions they must work in and to reduce the total weight of the suit. However, this means he must equip the necessary attachments before entering the environment or the chances of survival will be dramatically reduced. It is resistant to extreme temperatures and pressures, though, reducing the amount of extra attachments needed to enter these situations.

Edited by Rauta

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

Do these not function like lockers in the real world? Do you not have to return to a locker to retrieve its contents each time they are in need?

We're asking for somewhere that we can store them that's portable. We probably won't come back to the lockers that much. Leaving a holy book in a locker that you won't have access to most likely isn't exactly logical.

Yes, I must agree. If I have to come back to my locker every time I need something it wil be very impractical.

Please be joking.

I updated my profile, thx for the advice

Could you clarify what you mean by "main core of the ship"?

So I kinda messed up and posted in the approval part. Which ill fix in a second after thisID Tag: 686Gender and Species: Male Toa of DarknessAppearance: 686 is tall and thin with piercing Red Eyes. His natural armor is black and gold and his mask is black with gold marbling.Power Armor: 686 wears black with gold accent medium metal plated armor so as not to completely restrict his movement and offer the best protection. The suit offers resistance to radiation and corrosive materials that may be found on the ship. His HUD completely covers his face and mask leaving only a pair of red eyes looking out, it is capable of switching to thermal and infrared vision and is neutrally linked to him. The suit comes equipped with Dual Ranged Shot Gauntlets which appear as bracelets at first but when activated turn into gauntlets that cover his hands and forearms. The Gauntlets act as single barrel shotguns. His suit is also equipped with wrist blades for melee combat.Judging by his weapons he was probably a soldier on the ship.Abilities: Dark Bolts. Controlling shadows and the darkness around him or others. Cloaking an area in darkness. Merging into the shadows and darkness to remain hidden. Unfortunately his elemental abilities are cut off by his suit. His mask allows him to mentally reach out and drain residual life energy from the bodies of any recently deceased nearby beings. The siphoned life force(s) make him stronger and more physically able, It is constantly on at a low level.Personality: 686's is honorable, fierce, unflinching, and trustworthy. He distances himself from others because he is uncomfortable around them. However if they approach him and get him to open up he will do whatever it takes to help them. He will fight whether with blade or wit with anyone or anything that tries to exploit the weak and doesn't believe in leaving people behind. Due to his amnesia 686 can be a little.... unpredictable.

While it's alright on the profile or OOC/discussion, I'd like to ask that you use larger font - preferably not yellow, but you can usually highlight to fix that - on the RP topic. It's a little hard to read as is. Mostly the yellow.

You had asked me about canon elements and the like, but by Toa of Darkness do you mean Toa of Shadow? Or is there something different about this? Along the same vein, it never says it outright but the mask you have listed is the same description of the Mask of Scavenging. Is there a difference about this one?

Setting up a little clarification - these suits already have gauntlets/gloves in place, so the shot gauntlets I take it would create a second overlay?

No Toa of Darkness are separate from Toa of Shadow in my head canon they are not evil like the Shadow Toa/Matoran. Shadow is weak against the Darkness and they have light sealed away in them separately so as not to conflict with their element.Yes it is a Mask of Scavenging (stupid computer must have deleted it.) And yes the Gauntlets would create a second overlay over the power suits. I'll edit my profile and text because the change I just made is unacceptable to me....

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

Additions and edits bolded.

Approved.

Do these not function like lockers in the real world? Do you not have to return to a locker to retrieve its contents each time they are in need?

Quite.

I attribute it to the way most games are played today, where you have a massive hyperspace inventory that holds massive amounts of equipment to use. It's not like old school pen/paper RPGs where even hauling gold out of a dungeon was an adventure all on its own.

No Toa of Darkness are separate from Toa of Shadow in my head canon they are not evil like the Shadow Toa/Matoran. Shadow is weak against the Darkness and they have light sealed away in them separately so as not to conflict with their element.Yes it is a Mask of Scavenging (stupid computer must have deleted it.) And yes the Gauntlets would create a second overlay over the power suits. I'll edit my profile and text because the change I just made is unacceptable to me....

In this setting, I run under the rule that shadow is not necessarily evil on its own; however, every Kra-Toa/Matoran shown in canon had their inner light drained, and thus lacked part of their moral compass. Creation via other means could yield a different result. Just to clarify that.

Just note when you're done editing stuff. Character is approved as is, though.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

-Funcle K: Journeying across a massive, dangerous, decrepit ship that you have no map of to get a book, and then making that same trip again to get back to where you came from, and then doing that whole process whenever you want to get something out of your locker is a little counter intuitive.

EDIT:

Wait, SM species are allowed, right? Because no one has any.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I was going to play as my Agori OC Kadnin, but I wasn't sure. I'm more comfortable with who I have now, though.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

OOC: Are the doors to the locker room from the pod room still unlocked? Hopefully I can make it to where the RP is going on without much of a problem :P

You could follow, yes. But there's also the hallway with a trail of blood to follow. And then there's advancing further past the stasis pods themselves

Quite a few new characters just got introduced at a similar time frame, so you could form up into your own group and go a different way. Meeting up with the other group and forming a single massive group could be a tad restricting to your choices, though.

Being an "old-school" D&D player myself I tend to keep it that you have to be able to carry everything you are taking on your adventure, so that's why I was wondering if we have mobile storage compartments in our suits.

Yes, only you have it spread out. This guy has the 10' pole, that guy keeps the 50' rope, etc. If everyone carried everything they'd be overwhelmed. It would also depend on the GM, of course. I've typically gone along games of "you need to be able to identify where it is on your body." Not just based on weight figures, which was killer on its own.

so metallic stuff sticks to the suit, and there's a storage 'backpack' on the back of the suits, correct? of course, how are we supposed to know that is the question.

Only magnetic stuff sticks to the suits. Strong magnets too, not weak ones like a fridge magnet. Some characters have indicated areas of their suit that were themselves magnetic, but overall that's not the case.

That sort of stuff is general knowledge, like knowing how to walk in the suits.

OOC: Are the doors to the locker room from the pod room still unlocked? Hopefully I can make it to where the RP is going on without much of a problem :P

You could follow, yes. But there's also the hallway with a trail of blood to follow. And then there's advancing further past the stasis pods themselves

Quite a few new characters just got introduced at a similar time frame, so you could form up into your own group and go a different way. Meeting up with the other group and forming a single massive group could be a tad restricting to your choices, though.

I thought the trail of blood was from where the previous group dragged the steltian but abandoned him.... Unless he's on the move. I also thought they went down the hallway and wound up in the locker room.... Did I skip a page or something I'm a little confuzzled now....

EDIT: NM There is the trail of blood from the creature too. It also seems that Group One may have lost the Steltian considering nobody replied to a comment a while ago from where the body was.

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

I thought the trail of blood was from where the previous group dragged the steltian but abandoned him.... Unless he's on the move. I also thought they went down the hallway and wound up in the locker room.... Did I skip a page or something I'm a little confuzzled now....

They didn't move the Steltian very far. He's got a pool of blood, yes, and some streaking. However, there is another trail of blood going down another hallway entirely. There's three separate paths moving away from the Steltian.

Okay well I'll edit my last post.

I succumb to the three digit plague. ID Tag: #00271Gender & Species: Female Toa of Electricity.Appearance: She is lithe and strong, although her general behavior does not make it obvious. Her armour is blue with white stripes across it. Oddly, the top of her helmet is pink. She has a Kanohi Sanok.Power Suit: It has a memory uplink of an Electrical Engineer, allowing #00271 to gain knowledge of how to work the Requiems electrical systems, although nothing too complex, only lights and simple electrical systems. It has a visor which allows #00271 to analyse broken machines by detecting faulty like cracks or exposed wiring. It is partially blue and grey, with a wrench symbol on her helmet. She has a custom-shaped Kanohi Sanok.

• [*]Utility belt of engineering tools like hammers, screwdrivers, wire cutters, wires, and several specialized electrical engineering tools, like fuses, wires, and assorted pieces of spring and screws.

• [*]Wrist-mounted battery that can be used as an electrical gun.

• [*]Cutting Tools that can be flipped open as a wrist-mounted blade.

• [*]The Power Suit has an AI that helps #00271 by providing simple information. However, it is as stripped of memory as #00271 herself, and can only provide minimal help.

Abilities: She has Toa control over Electricity, Kanohi Sanok and she is intelligent. Personality: #00271 is a curious inquisitive and analytical person. She also has a very jovial personality. However, when forced to fight, she will be focused and merciless. She analyses situations from a compassionate and yet mechanical point of view.

Edited by Norik The Student

What is the gravity on the Requiem? Is it lowered due to a power drain, non-existent, or comparable to that of Spherus Magna?

Gravity is holding stable at about what it is on Spherus Magna, which we will refer to as 1 G even though Spherus Magna likely has a much higher gravity than earth (it's 1 G in this universe). At least, where the characters are. Areas where there is no power may not have that kind of fortune...

It's like a USB port, only specialized for a certain tool which gets codes from the system for figuring out what went borked.

I apologize for going full engineer. It's a habit I couldn't break if I tried.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

It's like a USB port, only specialized for a certain tool which gets codes from the system for figuring out what went borked.

I apologize for going full engineer. It's a habit I couldn't break if I tried.

To further elaborate - it's something not in this section of the ship. Pretty much every other section of the ship, but not the Personnel Deck. Well, maybe the Training section. But not this one.

I posted a second profile for approval above.

Huh. So you did. I'm going to have to rule against the AI having an actual personality - the most complicated AI on any of these power suits can't do anything more than give information; there's no personality there. Be careful about that Sanok, as well - it's not a free ticket to autohitting.

Just fix the AI part and you're good.

While I must apologize to myself for having to resort to a double post, I want this point hammered in very good.

I understand that it wasn't exactly made clear, Norik, but pretty much everyone else was putting any subsequent profiles after the first in the same post as that one. Not in a separate post. I'm not going to be punishing anyone for anything, because it admittedly could have been made more clear. But - and this goes for everyone -

You should only have one post in the profiles topic, which is where you put all of your characters. The point of having character approval in the Discussion Topic is to cut down on the number of posts in the Profiles Topic, making it clean and easy to read. If you have multiple characters spread out over multiple posts, this makes it more cluttered and unprofessional.

So, from now on, Mr. Flibbles and I will be more strict about this rule. If anyone else makes a character and, upon having it approved, places it in a second post on the Profiles Topic, that character will be banned from play in the RPG, and any attempts to make a character similar to that one will be rejected.

Thank you. :)

ID Tag: 24601Gender & Species: Male Skakdi of Sonics.Appearance: A tall Skakdi, slim in his suit and with an almost spikeless spine. His armor under the suit is a dull white and grey. His face, grinning though it be, is a tad fairer than the average Skakdi.Power Suit: His suit is a dull white edged with black. It is fairly light, allowing him a great amount of free movement. The only equipment it possessed are two dirks and a violin.

The suit's information faculties extend only to his knowledge of songs and the violin, as well as some skill with his weapons. Abilities: 24601 uses his violin to channel his sonic abilities, which amount only to the ability to generate any volume of sound he chooses: this can be anything from a relaxing melody to a power scream. He is somewhat adept at the twin dirks he carries, but that is where his physical abilities end.Personality: Have you ever met a singing Skakdi? If so, it was probably 24601. The extraordinarily odd being's greatest pastime is to sing. Note, his favorite uncontrollable pastime is to sing. Dreamy and shy, he appears completely lost to most people.

And no, he is not based on Jean Valjean. I just couldn't resist using that number. :P

Edited by Grantaire

ID Tag: 24601Gender & Species: Male Skakdi of Sonics.Appearance: A tall Skakdi, slim in his suit and with an almost spikeless spine. His armor under the suit is a dull white and grey.Power Suit: His suit is a dull white edged with black, and his face, grinning though it be, is a tad fairer than the average Skakdi. It is fairly light, allowing him a great amount of free movement. The only equipment it possessed are two dirks and a small harp.Abilities: 24601 uses his harp to channel his sonic abilities, which amount only to the ability to generate any volume of sound he chooses: this can be anything from a relaxing melody to a power scream. He is somewhat adept at the twin dirks he carries, but that is where his physical abilities end.Personality: Have you ever met a singing Skakdi? If so, it was probably 24601. The extraordinarily odd being's greatest pastime is to sing. Note, his favorite uncontrollable pastime is to sing. Dreamy and shy, he appears completely lost to most people. With his memory gone, all he can do is hum, broken snatches of songs he must have known in a time long ago.

And no, he is not based on Jean Valjean. I just couldn't resist using that number. :P

... really, you couldn't have posted that thirty seconds sooner so I didn't have to put a double post? >_<

Could you give a tad more detail on what information the suit provides him? Does it give him the knowledge to play the harp, or perhaps a little bit of information that could hint at his former profession? What the suit tells you is basically the limit of your knowledge beyond the basic (speech, moving the suit, etc.), and that's not very much.

Ok, I've counted at least three people waking up since 306, two of which, I think, made some degree of noise. Those who wish to join the party should catch someone's attention.

Erebus and Funcle, I'm not sure if your characters are heading off as a group of two or if you're travelling with 306 and 7725.

Sorry I'm still getting used to an RPG that moves this fast.

Teridax to Vakama

I was actually planning on traveling with you. 686 was just going on ahead kinda to scout ahead. But it seems we have more people joining us...

Sounds like a plan. I can stay back to meet them. Judging by the profiles, it looks like we're adding a few engineers and Doc Manhattan in Toa Form.

Teridax to Vakama