Requiem IV Personnel Quarters

IC: #31415- Iron BoyAs #113 un-crumpled the note, Iron Boy looked around. The terminal was a white screen on a white stand. It's screen was dim, but several words were shown on it.-RE-START-SETTINGS-DETAILS-EXITA keyboard thing was attached below the screen. The 'Escape' Button was crushed, probably due to repeated tapping. A blood trail led to one of the corpses.OOC: Your move, Levacius. This RPG is really starting to give off a "Horror-Sci-Fi" vibe.

Not my move. Shadow Destroyer made the room, not me. I advertised the RPG as being at least partially sandbox, and intend to live up to that promise.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Not my move. Shadow Destroyer made the room, not me. I advertised the RPG as being at least partially sandbox, and intend to live up to that promise.

Already on it. :)

Edit: Just realized the nicknames were added to the profile topic. Nice work, Lev!

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Thanks. Also, what are the second group planning?

I think we're still trying to figure out what to do about the missing post.I can hazard a guess at what happened to it, but we're probably going to have to improvise and I don't want to bunny too much.
Honestly since I'm going away tomorrow i think we should just roll as we are. There was no post made so we should just continue.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

OOC:Sorry.

IC:#29824 turned to the rest of the people in the room. "We need to get to engineering. I can't quite tell what, but the reading on the engine damage looks...... interesting. We need to get down there so I can access the diagnostics computer."

That computer terminal wouldn't be able to tell you the state of the engines or anything else on the ship. Read here for the list of functions I've been waiting for you to test out... or ignore, and simply get to exploring.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I was just thinking that this terminal would be part of a major system, and that he would have been able to bypass it and get to elsewhere on the system. But, I guess I'll have to think of something else.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I was just thinking that this terminal would be part of a major system, and that he would have been able to bypass it and get to elsewhere on the system. But, I guess I'll have to think of something else.

Just makes sure to edit your post then; as said, either attempt to use some of its functions or leave it be.

I have personally had a bit of writers block lately, but I will try to be more active now.Edit: Lev, I have noticed that my characters nickname, (Bowie) has not been added to the profile topic. Did you not know about 913's nickname yet?

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

I have personally had a bit of writers block lately, but I will try to be more active now.Edit: Lev, I have noticed that my characters nickname, (Bowie) has not been added to the profile topic. Did you not know about 913's nickname yet?

Has anyone actually referred to him as such? :???:

Anyways, @ Shadow Destroyer, I'll be able to handle your request today.

So, Group 2. Please Wake up. We're stuck due to inactivity. I'll be online again tomorrow and I'll.post but I recommend that someone posts first, or we all forget.

Writing up an essay of a response right now.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

So, you just post a character profile to join, right? If not, I'll delete this. Also, I probably won't be able to play until Saturday, but I might be able to edit this if any changes are required before then:

ID Tag: 248

Gender and Species: Male Toa of Ice

Appearance: In set form, he would be Metru build. He is tall and thin, and is very imposing. His armor, at least underneath his power suit, is entirely white. While his mask is not an Akaku, it is in the shape of an Akaku Nuva Phantoka. He has icy blue eyes. Since it’s a thing, his heartlight is blue as well.

His power suit is somewhat well armored, but seems to be intended for mobility rather than protection. It is mostly white, with a black upper torso, gloves, boots, and helmet. The lower half of the Torso, and a lot of armor on the arms and legs are white. The arms and legs themselves are light grey. (Think Kopaka Mata, but with a black shoulder area and helmet)

Power Suit: The suit has a proximity scanner that can detect any movement, even if just a twitch, within several bio of him. It comes equipped with a utility belt, which has a grappling hook, some basic tools, and a first aid kit. He has two plasma pistols and two wrist-mounted energy blades.

The suit provides him with information on combat techniques and weapon usage. It’s possible that he was a guard, but his suit and weapons seem more focused on speed, agility, and damage-dealing than most guards.

Abilities: Ice powers (Not usable in suit), the abilities of his Kanohi: a great Kualsi. It allows him to teleport anywhere that he can see. He also has extreme agility and martial arts skills.

Personality: 248 is cold, calculating, and cunning. He has a mind for strategy, and can think up plans of action during the middle of a fight. He’s somewhat ruthless, and often seems emotionless. He is almost always calm and is not easily frightened. While usually serious, he’s not above the occasional sarcastic joke. All in all, he’s a capable and determined strategist and fighter, but has a lone wolf personality and often seems cold and ruthless.

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

So, Group 2. Please Wake up. We're stuck due to inactivity. I'll be online again tomorrow and I'll.post but I recommend that someone posts first, or we all forget.

Writing up an essay of a response right now.
Okay, at least you're still alive, look. :P

"Fly, you fools!" Well, looks like I'm dead now. Good luck to all the other members of Group 1!

Noes...He was a great friend, if a little too pushy. We will mmiss Rocky... :(

So, you just post a character profile to join, right? If not, I'll delete this. Also, I probably won't be able to play until Saturday, but I might be able to edit this if any changes are required before then:

Appearance: In set form, he would be Metru build. He is tall and thin, and is very imposing. His armor, at least underneath his power suit, is entirely white. While his mask is not an Akaku, it is in the shape of an Akaku Nuva Phantoka. He has icy blue eyes. Since it’s a thing, his heartlight is blue as well.

His power suit is somewhat well armored, but seems to be intended for mobility rather than protection. It is mostly white, with a black upper torso, gloves, boots, and helmet. The lower half of the Torso, and a lot of armor on the arms and legs are white. The arms and legs themselves are light grey. (Think Kopaka Mata, but with a black shoulder area and helmet)

Power Suit: The suit has a proximity scanner that can detect any movement, even if just a twitch, within several bio of him. It comes equipped with a utility belt, which has a grappling hook, some basic tools, and a first aid kit. He has two plasma pistols and two wrist-mounted energy blades.

The suit provides him with information on combat techniques and weapon usage. It’s possible that he was a guard, but his suit and weapons seem more focused on speed, agility, and damage-dealing than most guards.

Abilities: Ice powers (Not usable in suit), the abilities of his Kanohi: a great Kualsi. It allows him to teleport anywhere that he can see. He also has extreme agility and martial arts skills.

Personality: 248 is cold, calculating, and cunning. He has a mind for strategy, and can think up plans of action during the middle of a fight. He’s somewhat ruthless, and often seems emotionless. He is almost always calm and is not easily frightened. While usually serious, he’s not above the occasional sarcastic joke. All in all, he’s a capable and determined strategist and fighter, but has a lone wolf personality and often seems cold and ruthless.

You need to get the profile approve by me first, of course, and then post it in the Profiles Topic. After that, you're good to play.

On the subject of the profile itself, lower the strength of the proximity scanner - detecting any movement at all is a tad strong, especially since it's within an area rather than line of sight. If you wish to keep it at the current power, limit it to about a bio radius instead; otherwise, cut it to detecting large movements (such as someone walking past) instead of detecting even twitches.

So, you just post a character profile to join, right? If not, I'll delete this. Also, I probably won't be able to play until Saturday, but I might be able to edit this if any changes are required before then: ID Tag: 248 Gender and Species: Male Toa of Ice Appearance: In set form, he would be Metru build. He is tall and thin, and is very imposing. His armor, at least underneath his power suit, is entirely white. While his mask is not an Akaku, it is in the shape of an Akaku Nuva Phantoka. He has icy blue eyes. Since it’s a thing, his heartlight is blue as well. His power suit is somewhat well armored, but seems to be intended for mobility rather than protection. It is mostly white, with a black upper torso, gloves, boots, and helmet. The lower half of the Torso, and a lot of armor on the arms and legs are white. The arms and legs themselves are light grey. (Think Kopaka Mata, but with a black shoulder area and helmet) Power Suit: The suit has a proximity scanner that can detect any movement, even if just a twitch, within several bio of him. It comes equipped with a utility belt, which has a grappling hook, some basic tools, and a first aid kit. He has two plasma pistols and two wrist-mounted energy blades. The suit provides him with information on combat techniques and weapon usage. It’s possible that he was a guard, but his suit and weapons seem more focused on speed, agility, and damage-dealing than most guards. Abilities: Ice powers (Not usable in suit), the abilities of his Kanohi: a great Kualsi. It allows him to teleport anywhere that he can see. He also has extreme agility and martial arts skills. Personality: 248 is cold, calculating, and cunning. He has a mind for strategy, and can think up plans of action during the middle of a fight. He’s somewhat ruthless, and often seems emotionless. He is almost always calm and is not easily frightened. While usually serious, he’s not above the occasional sarcastic joke. All in all, he’s a capable and determined strategist and fighter, but has a lone wolf personality and often seems cold and ruthless.

You need to get the profile approve by me first, of course, and then post it in the Profiles Topic. After that, you're good to play. On the subject of the profile itself, lower the strength of the proximity scanner - detecting any movement at all is a tad strong, especially since it's within an area rather than line of sight. If you wish to keep it at the current power, limit it to about a bio radius instead; otherwise, cut it to detecting large movements (such as someone walking past) instead of detecting even twitches. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
OK. Hard to type on iPad, so I'll fix it up tomorrow, when I can use my regular computer. I'll reduce the scanner to major movements.

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

Finally got around to this. Here:

Power Suit: The suit has a proximity scanner that can detect any significant motion within several bio of him. It lacks the power to detect small, hidden, or very fast movements (By very fast, I mean like Kakama fast). It comes equipped with a utility belt, which has a grappling hook, some basic tools, and a first aid kit. He has two plasma pistols and two wrist-mounted energy blades.

IC: #31415

"True."Iron Boy slowly walks down the hallway. On his left, several panels glowed faintly with words on them. To hi right, some lockers.

OOC: We all know whose it is.

Could be anyone's. Officers do not have lockers like regular crew members would.

and martial arts skills.

@ Jamags; Move the quoted section to the "Power Suit" part (sorry, I was a bit distracted before) and you're approved; actual knowledge of martial arts would be conveyed by the suits database.

Power Suit: The suit has a proximity scanner that can detect any significant motion within several bio of him. It lacks the power to detect small, hidden, or very fast movements (By very fast, I mean like Kakama fast). It comes equipped with a utility belt, which has a grappling hook, some basic tools, and a first aid kit. He has two plasma pistols and two wrist-mounted energy blades.

The suit provides him with information on combat techniques and weapon usage. It’s possible that he was a guard, but his suit and weapons seem more focused on speed, agility, and damage-dealing than most guards. It also teaches him martial arts skills.

Abilities: Ice powers (Not usable in suit), the abilities of his Kanohi: a great Kualsi. It allows him to teleport anywhere that he can see. He also has extreme agility.

Moving to profile database now...

OOC:

So... yeah. We're already into the second month, and all this 'which hallway shall we take' is far too time-consuming. We need a definite leader and a definite purpose, no?

This has been said before. Is it time to address it?

Once you guys have this conversational topic finished, I'll introduce the next stepping block along the way of the plot for you to deal with. I just wish I knew who was active or not, so I could address individual characters... but there's not really any way of knowing who's going to respond or not most of the time.

Summer. The least active time on BZP, and yet the only time I have any real free time. The main goal now is to keep this thing steady enough that it can survive with minimal effort once the 21st comes along.

[Who the heck starts school on a Wednesday? Not that I'm complaining... two extra days to complete the summer assignment for English (i.e. procrastinate)]

All of this leads me to my next point -

Announcement - What should we do?

Since I haven't made use of a Co-GM, it's been me writing pretty much everything in terms of the plot. Which I really want to complete before the RPG ends. In fact, I want to complete it enough that I'll be speeding up the time for people traveling or whatever from now on instead of pushing more for the exploration thing.

This means that the sandboxness of the RPG will be lowered, because I won't give you as much time to do your own thing... but frankly, almost nobody has been doing it. I'll be honest - we haven't had a sandbox succeed in a very long time. Every time we've had a floor opened up, everything collapsed through.

I'm turning one thing over to the players though - suggestions. What do you think would make this RPG better? What do you think we could do to make more people participate in it and keep players active? What could be done to make you more active, if you are inactive (if it's a personal life thing, remember - the RPG is your last priority; everything else must come first, and I'm not going to push)?

The only suggestion I won't accept is "kill the refugees and take their shoes," really.

Okay, I'm back.What'd I miss?

To address your characters -

Canary Group is waiting at the door still, having escaped the monster. I've been waiting for them to move along down the hallway and start investigating the Maintenance Deck.

Group 3 is at a standstill since a bunch of people have been introduced or are asking questions to newcomers and not much is getting said back and forth. The computer is still there, and the view screen has been lowered, but a bunch of its functions (i.e. the rest of them) have been unused. Oh, and the ship is either orbiting or passing a planet. There's that.

I have an idea that could make this more active. The Lost are very cool, but they're uncommon, and you're pretty much screwed if you run into one. So I recommend another, weaker, more common kind of enemy. Maybe hostile scavengers. Maybe something completely new. Maybe even Lostish things that haven't completely mutated yet. Personally, I find the way you've been doing it to be interesting and fun, but some people might be more active if there's more actual battles.

Lev knows what he's doing.

He asked for suggestions. I think what he has right now is fine, but I just think some might be more interested in that sort of thing.

Lev knows what he's doing.

He asked for suggestions. I think what he has right now is fine, but I just think some might be more interested in that sort of thing.

I tend to agree with you on that. More death possibilities mean more activity on the whole, as people are forced to stay at least semi-active if they want to keep their characters alive.

Plot twists are awesome. Take this game's entire plot for example. The whole thing is one long series of plot twists, and it happens to be one long series of awesome.

Plot twists are awesome. Take this game's entire plot for example. The whole thing is one long series of plot twists, and it happens to be one long series of awesome.

True, that. This is one of the most enjoyable RPGs I've seen in a looong time, and TLZ is doing an excellent job as GM.

A bit more actual PC activity would be nice, though. :dozingoff:

Give it time. The whole theme of the RPG is find out the villain had been manipulated. We haven't even seen any villains yet, really. At least, nobody who would call themselves villains. I'm sure 27 and 404, for example, are very confident that they could save the ship far more efficiently than you guys could.

They might be right, too.

Oh, and I will be taking you up on your advice sometime soon, in all likelihood. A few adversaries to face...

True, that. This is one of the most enjoyable RPGs I've seen in a looong time, and TLZ is doing an excellent job as GM.

I can't really properly express how much that actually means hearing (reading?) so I'll settle for thank you.