Requiem IV Personnel Quarters

I believe Levacius is making another Red Dwarf reference.

Indeed.

Oh, and new announcement!!!oneoneone!!! That big group of characters that's gathering? I need a volunteer from one of you guys for something.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Hey! Myr! You're really not part of the group. You haven't actually approached them, just watched from the shadows. If Levacius wants something different, I volunteer.

It hardly matters. The groups are close enough to see each other, which means they're close enough to die together. They're also close enough to both see what happens when a heavily armored NPC with purple speech coloration emerges from a hallway somewhat between the two.

You're all gathering together like my neighbors turkeys, every November.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well then. Those are some not-smart turkeys.

Unless that was just an expression to show what horrible cool dudes we're being but hey whateves.

I don't mind being a cool dude :P

Also, purple :D

Zakaro

They don't particularly have much of a choice. And neither did you. I counted on experience that the majority of players at the start would somehow congregate into one point. And unlike the turkeys, you don't have access to a time machine.

Now things are getting interesting.

Yes. Yes they are.

New announcement! I can take up to three players for a new round of volunteer characters. The rules for these characters are a bit special. First, next to ID Tag, place the the word [Canary] in brackets and bold, as such. Characters submitted for his role may be a tad more powerful than usual, and will not awaken in the standard position but rather... somewhere a tad more interesting. If may have only one Canary, and as stated, I will only accept three volunteers. Minimum personality profile length of seventy words; minimum total profile length, one-fifty. Rather small, considering what I usually expect for things, eh?

So, who wants to be a Canary?

I would like to make a Canary, but give me some time to make the profile for it.

There's no rush. Unless there is. I don't think so...

Oh, these have to be new characters, don't they?

Yes. Mr. Flibble wants you to be very clear on that.

Before I start to draft the profile, can my Canary have split personalities?

Yes.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Hey toa zehvor, could we have an official list of characters in the first post of the gameplay topic? All of these numbers are going to get really confusing...

Just moving to update everything in the Profiles Topic right now. That's where the characters should all be listed and posted.

Now this will be fun.

Can I have 113's room mapping ability yet?

You could use it, but a layout of the area isn't going to be that much help. It'll still be pitch black.

But, 113 could navigate the room much faster, and know where people are.

Know where people are? Not anymore than he does now. You might be able to mark down where they were at the moment if you could see where you were, but a map won't show you individual people who are around you unless something can identify life signatures.

Which, you never know, might be a possible ability upgrade. And potentially a thousand times more useful than the sonic abilities where, to be completely fair and honest, you risk endangering yourself more than harming the enemy when in these situations...

Navigating may be helped, but not by much. Some finer details will be missed, like glass shards on the ground or that hidden trap door... wait, what hidden trap door?

Echolocation. And Levacius, a ship has no business having trap doors.

Waiting is good, I guess.

Why do I keep thinking of the Cloverfield monster, but with more tentacles, when the creature is involved?

Or does it?

Echolocation may be useful. But it still might alert... some things.

And Cloverfield monster... tentacles... I dunno. Maybe it's just a natural fear reaction to see that. Mr. Flibble says that people generate wild image of things based on basic details. Mr. Flibble wants you to recall the tale of the five blind men who came across an elephant and each tried but failed to describe it. Mr. Flibble says you are the blind men.

Mr. Flibble is very wise.

Yes. Yes he is.

You'll be able to make your next post with 113 immediately (or later) after I do mine, once a few more people have taken their turn. Then it can resume full speed ahead.

I edited #31415. Is it kay now?

Yes, it is. I approved it at the bottom of a post on the last page. Just stick it in profiles and start going.

EDIT: You the large group forming up in the Personnel Deck? Might want to avoid that... some of them will come running away screaming soon enough... probably. Maybe. Or not.

ID Tag: 400Gender & Species: Male Ko-MatoranAppearance: 400 is a frail Matoran with thin limbs, but large hands and feet. His mask appears to be a Great Hau, and perhaps it truly was at some point. The armor he is made of is silver, with faint blue wires exposed over numerous joints and seams. There seems to be a blue, pattern embossed on patches of the metal, delicate, but faint. His eyes and the various parts of his machinery that emanate light are a pale orange.Power Suit: The suit he wears is more akin to a white jumpsuit. The tough fabric is covered in a hexagonal motif that is echoed on several armored plates. There are green accents adorning the body and on the darkly silver armored segments across his torso, arms, legs, and neck. His head is encased in a large dome, slightly malleable but also impermeable. On his back is a hexagon black panel encased in glass printed with his identification number in bold lettering. (There is a smaller number down on his helmet, as well as several other locations on his body, in case limbs become detached for some unhealthy reason we can suppose) 400s suit is equipped with two small cylindrical cells attached to the side of his waist, with wires that run into the panel on his back. There are little valves on his arms that can release some sort of stored contents inside as well.The suit was originally designed for botany, and has the necessary information and equipment to deal with basic plant maintenance. It can store energy in the form of light inside the cylinders and release it as heat (not only solar power) in miniscule doses from the arm valves, as well as read temperatures and simple atmospheric readings. Nothing advanced, namely simple procedures that it can teach 400 to preform. His suit, perhaps in a personified sort of way, feels the weakness inside its host, and is able to teach 400 to learn; it can navigate through simple commands on electronic devices and identify threats that it can respond to (originally botanical in purpose) such as a rise in air temperature that it can balance by cooling the suit.Abilities: There are no apparent physical abilities, nor will any manifest.Personality: 400 is in essence, a coward. He knows how weak he is and conforms his thoughts around this shortcoming. His self-fulfilling doom clouds every thought he makes, marked with a pessimistic chord that smears his unusually bright demeanor. Though a scientist at heart, he knows because he feels. He can spend days watching plants grow. He is attuned to insignificant details on a miniscule scale. He understands the flow of time, but he believes his journey is always at the penultimate peak, and he constantly, dutifully, awaits disaster.He is scared of dreams, and he is scared of the world he lives in, whether it was the old life or where he will find himself now. However, despite all of this, as much as he believes himself to be the waking dead, as much as he thinks he feels his life force drawing to a close, his fear of death might overcome his willingness to succumb to oblivion.Wow, and I didn't think I had written enough. I've been waiting to find an RPG on here that I really wanted to play, (helps remind me of the good old days, ha) so here is this. I don't roleplay fights, I roleplay getting hurt, so I'm not going to bust out any helpful suit usage, in case I didn't word it carefully enough.

So anyone can help summarise the premise of the battle with #113,#337 and Levacius himself in it?

Basically everyone woke up and met up and formed a large group. 113 and a female matoran decided to stay in the shadows and watch us, but then 113 got attacked by some monster thing.

So now 337 and everyone in the large group is pretty much trying to take out the monster.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Here is my Canary. 999 refers to something they both share, like a body or suit, and Prime and Beta refer to the alternate personalities.

ID Tag: 999 Prime/ 999 Beta [Canary]

Gender & Species: Male Hirohi (Tobduk's species) of Fear

Appearance: 999 stands taller than any Toa on the ship, and is bigger in muscle mass too. His armor is colored jet black and a medium shade of green. To help one visualize it, all the parts of Tobduk that are grey are black on 999 and all the red parts are green. 999's mask looks like a Kaukau, but is actually a Ruru. All of the mask is an opaque black, but the visor is transparent.

When 999 Prime is active, 999's eyes and heartlight a shade of bright orange. When Beta becomes active, his eyes turn to a deathly pale shade of white.

999's power suit is jet black with highlights of a medium shade of green, the same colors as his armor. The helmet of his suit covers most of his head, but exposes 999's face, letting one see his mask and eyes. The suit of armor is rather form fitting and slim.

Power Suit: 999's power suit is rather light on technology. One of the only pieces of technology it has is a HUD. This HUD has two useful features: an aiming assist, and shot charging levels. The HUD has more features, but 999 is unable to turn them back on.

For weapons, 999's suit has a rifle that shoots energy blasts that burn their targets and are slightly concussive. This gun's shots can be charged up to fire. The more it is charged, the more it burns and is concussive. The bigger the charge, however, the shorter the range of the gun is. With no charge, the gun can shoot from very far away.

Abilities: As a Hirohi, 999 absorbs emotions. 999's emotion is fear, so whenever he is near fear, he becomes stronger and is rejuvenated. The power suit he wears prevents his boots in strength from being noticeable, but he is still reinvigorated.

His Ruru alllows him two special powers. The first is the ability to see in the dark extremely well. The second allows him to project a beam of light, illuminating the space in front of him, letting others see. He can also use this light beam to blind someone.

Personality: 999 is actually two, separate personalities in the same body. Together, they call themselves 999. Apart, they are 999 Prime and 999 Beta.

Prime is very wise and considerate. He is like a wise old man, except for his age. He is disgusted by the emotion he absorbs, and wishes that he had another one. He is fearful of Beta and tries to prevent his alternate personality from surfacing. He would not attack unless he is attacked.

Beta, however, is very different. Beta is a sadistic, insane, brutal murderer. Beta’s entire personality is based around killing, killing, killing. Beta is absolutely insane, enjoying the power boosts he gets from being near the emotion of fear. He actively tries to cause it. Beta wants nothing more than to kill Prime, but cannot, seeing as how they share a body.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

ID Tag: 400Gender & Species: Male Ko-MatoranAppearance: 400 is a frail Matoran with thin limbs, but large hands and feet. His mask appears to be a Great Hau, and perhaps it truly was at some point. The armor he is made of is silver, with faint blue wires exposed over numerous joints and seams. There seems to be a blue, pattern embossed on patches of the metal, delicate, but faint. His eyes and the various parts of his machinery that emanate light are a pale orange.Power Suit: The suit he wears is more akin to a white jumpsuit. The tough fabric is covered in a hexagonal motif that is echoed on several armored plates. There are green accents adorning the body and on the darkly silver armored segments across his torso, arms, legs, and neck. His head is encased in a large dome, slightly malleable but also impermeable. On his back is a hexagon black panel encased in glass printed with his identification number in bold lettering. (There is a smaller number down on his helmet, as well as several other locations on his body, in case limbs become detached for some unhealthy reason we can suppose) 400s suit is equipped with two small cylindrical cells attached to the side of his waist, with wires that run into the panel on his back. There are little valves on his arms that can release some sort of stored contents inside as well.The suit was originally designed for botany, and has the necessary information and equipment to deal with basic plant maintenance. It can store energy in the form of light inside the cylinders and release it as heat (not only solar power) in miniscule doses from the arm valves, as well as read temperatures and simple atmospheric readings. Nothing advanced, namely simple procedures that it can teach 400 to preform. His suit, perhaps in a personified sort of way, feels the weakness inside its host, and is able to teach 400 to learn; it can navigate through simple commands on electronic devices and identify threats that it can respond to (originally botanical in purpose) such as a rise in air temperature that it can balance by cooling the suit.Abilities: There are no apparent physical abilities, nor will any manifest.Personality: 400 is in essence, a coward. He knows how weak he is and conforms his thoughts around this shortcoming. His self-fulfilling doom clouds every thought he makes, marked with a pessimistic chord that smears his unusually bright demeanor. Though a scientist at heart, he knows because he feels. He can spend days watching plants grow. He is attuned to insignificant details on a miniscule scale. He understands the flow of time, but he believes his journey is always at the penultimate peak, and he constantly, dutifully, awaits disaster.He is scared of dreams, and he is scared of the world he lives in, whether it was the old life or where he will find himself now. However, despite all of this, as much as he believes himself to be the waking dead, as much as he thinks he feels his life force drawing to a close, his fear of death might overcome his willingness to succumb to oblivion.Wow, and I didn't think I had written enough. I've been waiting to find an RPG on here that I really wanted to play, (helps remind me of the good old days, ha) so here is this. I don't roleplay fights, I roleplay getting hurt, so I'm not going to bust out any helpful suit usage, in case I didn't word it carefully enough.

Fully and totally approved.

Here is my Canary. 999 refers to something they both share, like a body or suit, and Prime and Beta refer to the alternate personalities.

ID Tag: 999 Prime/ 999 Beta [Canary]

Gender & Species: Male Hirohi (Tobduk's species) of Fear

Appearance: 999 stands taller than any Toa on the ship, and is bigger in muscle mass too. His armor is colored jet black and a medium shade of green. To help one visualize it, all the parts of Tobduk that are grey are black on 999 and all the red parts are green. 999's mask looks like a Kaukau, but is actually a Ruru. All of the mask is an opaque black, but the visor is transparent.

When 999 Prime is active, 999's eyes and heartlight a shade of bright orange. When Beta becomes active, his eyes turn to a deathly pale shade of white.

999's power suit is jet black with highlights of a medium shade of green, the same colors as his armor. The helmet of his suit covers most of his head, but exposes 999's face, letting one see his mask and eyes. The suit of armor is rather form fitting and slim.

Power Suit: 999's power suit is rather light on technology. One of the only pieces of technology it has is a HUD. This HUD has two useful features: an aiming assist, and shot charging levels. The HUD has more features, but 999 is unable to turn them back on.

For weapons, 999's suit has a rifle that shoots energy blasts that burn their targets and are slightly concussive. This gun's shots can be charged up to fire. The more it is charged, the more it burns and is concussive. The bigger the charge, however, the shorter the range of the gun is. With no charge, the gun can shoot from very far away.

Abilities: As a Hirohi, 999 absorbs emotions. 999's emotion is fear, so whenever he is near fear, he becomes stronger and is rejuvenated. The power suit he wears prevents his boots in strength from being noticeable, but he is still reinvigorated.

His Ruru alllows him two special powers. The first is the ability to see in the dark extremely well. The second allows him to project a beam of light, illuminating the space in front of him, letting others see. He can also use this light beam to blind someone.

Personality: 999 is actually two, separate personalities in the same body. Together, they call themselves 999. Apart, they are 999 Prime and 999 Beta.

Prime is very wise and considerate. He is like a wise old man, except for his age. He is disgusted by the emotion he absorbs, and wishes that he had another one. He is fearful of Beta and tries to prevent his alternate personality from surfacing. He would not attack unless he is attacked.

Beta, however, is very different. Beta is a sadistic, insane, brutal murderer. Beta’s entire personality is based around killing, killing, killing. Beta is absolutely insane, enjoying the power boosts he gets from being near the emotion of fear. He actively tries to cause it. Beta wants nothing more than to kill Prime, but cannot, seeing as how they share a body.

Alright then, here's how we're going to do things... just to spice it up. Settle on a personality to wake up with, and let that one have a bit of show time before switching over to another. Perhaps in the midst of a high stress event, or just otherwise out of the blue? Might be interesting to see "Prime" completely unaware of his alternate personality at the start...

My commentary aside, character is approved. I'll handle getting an opening post ready once we have at least one more Canary present, so you aren't completely alone with yourself and yourself.

Okay, out of all the areas of the ship, Hydroponics seems the best for our characters. I say that we try to get the group there. It has low danger, high power, and food. Does anyone have anything to say on this?

Why does no one want to be a Canary?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?