Requiem IV Personnel Quarters

And now 113 is unconscious. How long will that last?

Whenever you wish to recover from it, honestly. Depends on how strong the 'stun' setting on those weapons really lasts.

Okay, out of all the areas of the ship, Hydroponics seems the best for our characters. I say that we try to get the group there. It has low danger, high power, and food. Does anyone have anything to say on this?

Why does no one want to be a Canary?

But do you know how to get there?

And I imagine the low Canary count is that not too many people want to make another character up yet.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well, the stun-burst did take down the Steltian, but, a weapon isn't supposed to damage itself or its user...

Now seems about right.

It wasn't your sonic stun burst; it was the shots fired by Canis' character that knocked him (113) out.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Hehe. Oops. :lookaround:

I did say try, didn't I?

He should consider himself lucky. The only things fired at him were a laser (which just caused some damage to the armor) and stun blasts. Other weapons may have been a bit more damaging than a stun setting.

I'll try to give you guys some means of finding some direction to decide where you want to go soon enough. The first few hints at the story, if you will.

-819: Canis

-31415: Norik the Student

-608: Dovahkiin

-113: Killer Myr

-196: Silvan Haven

-337: Skarloth

-72: Zakaro

-655: Shadow Destroyer

(This is when your characters start giving each other nicknames :P)

Oh, and @ Canis... that lever? The one that makes light? That's not what it's intended purpose is, but very clever nonetheless...

Ah. See, I don't want to use any features that haven't been shown IC, and the only one that 819 knows how to use is the lever, because he saw that being used by the Steltian. He knows it can shoot blue energy bolts, but doesn't know what those do, and hasn't had anything to fight. So, I'll just wonder about what that lever actually does.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

And now 113 is unconscious. How long will that last?

Whenever you wish to recover from it, honestly. Depends on how strong the 'stun' setting on those weapons really lasts.

Okay, out of all the areas of the ship, Hydroponics seems the best for our characters. I say that we try to get the group there. It has low danger, high power, and food. Does anyone have anything to say on this?

And I imagine the low Canary count is that not too many people want to make another character up yet.

On the subject of Canaries; I'm contemplating one. I just haven't fleshed one out/decided whether I will or not.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ah. See, I don't want to use any features that haven't been shown IC, and the only one that 819 knows how to use is the lever, because he saw that being used by the Steltian. He knows it can shoot blue energy bolts, but doesn't know what those do, and hasn't had anything to fight. So, I'll just wonder about what that lever actually does.

I know. I was actually somewhat impressed that you found a way to put what would otherwise just be a side-effect of the weapon to practical use. Maybe if that Steltian was a tad more clever, he might have pulled that sucker back repeatedly and not been eaten. Poor devil.

On the subject of Canaries; I'm contemplating one. I just haven't fleshed one out/decided whether I will or not.

Cool. Just stick in on here if you decide you want to. :)

Because they are probably being created for the sole purpose of being killed off or infected. Or, people are still trying to flesh out their other characters before creating new ones...

Edit: Also, why are we bothering to bring the Steltian if he's already dead? Seems like half the players thinks he is unconscious... Wait, is he dead?

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Because they are probably being created for the sole purpose of being killed off or infected.

Or people are still trying to flesh out their other characters before creating new ones...

I'm not going to have player characters who are created for the sole purpose of being killed off. If that was what I intended, I would be using a bunch of random NPCs, like that poor Steltian fellow.

However, any potential Canary characters will be in far greater danger than regular characters, and only the cunning will survive. Or the cowardly.

I'm not going to have player characters who are created for the sole purpose of being killed off. If that was what I intended, I would be using a bunch of random NPCs, like that poor Steltian fellow.

Ok, good to know! When I heard the word canary, I instantly thought: live bait.

So the Steltian IS dead?

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

So the Steltian IS dead?

Like I said in my last post on the main topic. Decide for yourself. :P

Ah, yes, the canary and the coal miners...

So the Steltian IS dead?

Like I said in my last post on the main topic. Decide for yourself. :P

CPR anyone? Cause I'm not doing it... ^_^

To Toa Levacius: And also, do our characters remember what parts of the ship exist? Would we know that a bridge existed, for example? I assumed it was common knowledge, but I can always change my post...

Alright, the following character awaits authorization:ID Tag: [ 391 ]Gender & Species: [ Female Onu-Toa ]Appearance: [ Slim, physically fit, and attractively feminine in body structure, 391 is one of those few individuals who can wear the dingy grey-and-black power suit of a standard GPE (General Purpose Engineer) and make it look as classy and eye-appealing as an officer’s formal dress uniform. Although somewhat shorter and of slighter build than most others of her race and gender, she radiates a distinct aura of calm, professional confidence that tags her as ‘someone to listen to’, at least concerning the hidden inner workings of massive derelict starcraft.391 possesses unusually high levels of hand-eye coordination and dexterity, as well as an extremely acute sense of balance; these traits would be referred to as her ‘strengths’, although she’s certainly no weakling, being a Toa of Earth. Her stamina level is also unusually high, another racial trait of the tunnel-dwelling earthdiggers.As regards natural coloration, 391 is of the black-and-grey sort, with vivid lime-green eyes and heartlight. To help protect herself against industrial-type accidents, she wears a Great Kanohi Hau, grey in color and custom-crafted to resemble a feminine variant of a Great Kanohi Huna; the mask also partially conceals several distinct burn scars across her left cheekbone.391 wears no armor beneath her power suit, opting instead for a comfortable, formfitting engineer’s jumpsuit, grey in color with black highlights.The power suit itself is described in the following section. ]Power Suit: [ 391’s power suit is somewhat nondescript in appearance, primarily grey in color and designed for durable practicality, with metallic composite reinforcement in the boots and gloves. The suit material is nonconductive, with an acid- and heat-resistant outer coating. Helmet structure is sleek and compact, equipped with a CB-type communications radio, thermal sensory units, powerful headlamps, tinted shatterproof visor, and an advanced HUD with voice-control functionality. Although other useful helmet features may also be present, 391 begins the RPG with knowledge of only those mentioned.Being, for want of better term, the mobile workstation of a standard GPE, the suit is also equipped with a built-in utility toolbelt, containing a magnetic ratcheting screwdriver, claw hammer, laser pointer, clamps, pliers, and a few other basic tools, the most advanced one present being a handheld plasma-charged circular saw. 391 has complete knowledge of the toolbelt’s contents, including each tool’s exact purpose or purposes and how to use it in the most effective manner.As regards amnesia and information, the power suit’s internal computer systems have granted 391 the following data: basic knowledge of the starship’s general layout (i.e. a mental copy of ‘the map’); basic knowledge of the starship’s purpose (long-range exploration/colonization); complete knowledge of her assigned occupation (GPE), including all relevant information (i.e. anything that pertains to the duties of a blue-collar engineer/mechanic/technician); and complete knowledge of how to utilize her Kanohi Hau. ]Abilities: [ Because of the nature of her power suit, 391 is incapable of manipulating her innate elemental energy to any useful extent. Her Mask of Shielding, however, regards the suit as merely armor, and thus is not hampered by it in the least.391 possesses no other special powers or abilities, whether elemental, vision-based, or otherwise. ]Personality: [ Intelligent, cool-headed, and resourceful, 391 is characteristic of the ideal disaster-zone technician. Even with her conscious memories inaccessible, her quick-witted creativity, her cold nerve, and her raw determination to succeed in any situation will likely allow her to do just that, at least in theory. Deft and capable with machinery and electronics, 391’s greatest source of happiness is the thrill of creation and the satisfaction found in the mastery of raw mechanical power.391 openly despises foolishness and frivolity of any sort, and has little patience for crude jests, merrymaking, poor self-restraint, ignorance, illogical arguments, and so on. She is solidly a perfectionist, pushing herself to her limits time after time, at every variety of task, and expecting others to do the same. While this is an admirable trait in the engineering circles, it has the unfortunate effect of making her a rather difficult individual to work with, even to the point of creating stress and friction among team members. If irritated, she can be downright abrasive, and the deep unease caused by her memory loss certainly hasn’t helped. Still, if she can hook up with a few decent warriors, she might have at least a slim hope of making it through the Requiem IV experience alive and intact.Further personality details are to be revealed via IC play. ]

Edited by Shadowhawk

As I said in both IC and OOC, I wanted the body brought along for two reasons.

The first is that we can use it for spare parts after we the it off the body.

The second is that now I have a suit of armor to hack into that will not risk killing the guy inside. The fact that he was probably one of the officers of the ship only makes better.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The second is that now I have a suit of armor to hack into that will not risk killing the guy inside. The fact that he was probably one of the officers of the ship only makes better.

Good eye.

Heh. Eye. Oh, that's going to be very funny in just a short while...

Alright, the following character awaits authorization:ID Tag: [ 391 ]Gender & Species: [ Female Onu-Toa ]Appearance: [ Slim, physically fit, and attractively feminine in body structure, 391 is one of those few individuals who can wear the dingy grey-and-black power suit of a standard GPE (General Purpose Engineer) and make it look as classy and eye-appealing as an officer’s formal dress uniform. Although somewhat shorter and of slighter build than most others of her race and gender, she radiates a distinct aura of calm, professional confidence that tags her as ‘someone to listen to’, at least concerning the hidden inner workings of massive derelict starcraft.391 possesses unusually high levels of hand-eye coordination and dexterity, as well as an extremely acute sense of balance; these traits would be referred to as her ‘strengths’, although she’s certainly no weakling, being a Toa of Earth. Her stamina level is also unusually high, another racial trait of the tunnel-dwelling earthdiggers.As regards natural coloration, 391 is of the black-and-grey sort, with vivid lime-green eyes and heartlight. To help protect herself against industrial-type accidents, she wears a Great Kanohi Hau, grey in color and custom-crafted to resemble a feminine variant of a Great Kanohi Huna; the mask also partially conceals several distinct burn scars across her left cheekbone.391 wears no armor beneath her power suit, opting instead for a comfortable, formfitting engineer’s jumpsuit, grey in color with black highlights.The power suit itself is described in the following section. ]Power Suit: [ 391’s power suit is somewhat nondescript in appearance, primarily grey in color and designed for durable practicality, with metallic composite reinforcement in the boots and gloves. The suit material is nonconductive, with an acid- and heat-resistant outer coating. Helmet structure is sleek and compact, equipped with a CB-type communications radio, thermal sensory units, powerful headlamps, tinted shatterproof visor, and an advanced HUD with voice-control functionality. Although other useful helmet features may also be present, 391 begins the RPG with knowledge of only those mentioned.Being, for want of better term, the mobile workstation of a standard GPE, the suit is also equipped with a built-in utility toolbelt, containing a magnetic ratcheting screwdriver, claw hammer, laser pointer, clamps, pliers, and a few other basic tools, the most advanced one present being a handheld plasma-charged circular saw. 391 has complete knowledge of the toolbelt’s contents, including each tool’s exact purpose or purposes and how to use it in the most effective manner.As regards amnesia and information, the power suit’s internal computer systems have granted 391 the following data: basic knowledge of the starship’s general layout (i.e. a mental copy of ‘the map’); basic knowledge of the starship’s purpose (long-range exploration/colonization); complete knowledge of her assigned occupation (GPE), including all relevant information (i.e. anything that pertains to the duties of a blue-collar engineer/mechanic/technician); and complete knowledge of how to utilize her Kanohi Hau. ]Abilities: [ Because of the nature of her power suit, 391 is incapable of manipulating her innate elemental energy to any useful extent. Her Mask of Shielding, however, regards the suit as merely armor, and thus is not hampered by it in the least.391 possesses no other special powers or abilities, whether elemental, vision-based, or otherwise. ]Personality: [ Intelligent, cool-headed, and resourceful, 391 is characteristic of the ideal disaster-zone technician. Even with her conscious memories inaccessible, her quick-witted creativity, her cold nerve, and her raw determination to succeed in any situation will likely allow her to do just that, at least in theory. Deft and capable with machinery and electronics, 391’s greatest source of happiness is the thrill of creation and the satisfaction found in the mastery of raw mechanical power.391 openly despises foolishness and frivolity of any sort, and has little patience for crude jests, merrymaking, poor self-restraint, ignorance, illogical arguments, and so on. She is solidly a perfectionist, pushing herself to her limits time after time, at every variety of task, and expecting others to do the same. While this is an admirable trait in the engineering circles, it has the unfortunate effect of making her a rather difficult individual to work with, even to the point of creating stress and friction among team members. If irritated, she can be downright abrasive, and the deep unease caused by her memory loss certainly hasn’t helped. Still, if she can hook up with a few decent warriors, she might have at least a slim hope of making it through the Requiem IV experience alive and intact.Further personality details are to be revealed via IC play. ]

Ruling in terms of the map - the only data it's going to provide will be a general idea of where everything is in relations with each other, and basically what the area's name is. Any information that comes as a given from the name alone would be present. Nothing more than that, though; I don't want too much knowledge of the ship.

Other than that, Mr. Flibble and I say approved.

And... Waiting again.

No need to complain about it. Until you've had to wait more than 24 hours, you're not really being put through the wringer.

Before I turn in for the night -

I won't be on much tomorrow, so I'll be leaving Mr. Flibble in charge. Unfortunately, Mr. Flibble isn't a very good typist, which makes it a tad hard for me to do much of anything.

For the ever-growing group on the Personnel Deck - you have pretty much all day tomorrow to make you decision. You have three main options at the moment for where you can head, other than simply staying put. You can either head down the path that 113, 72, etc. came from; down that way are more of the stasis pods. The other option is the larger hallway going in the direction that the others awoke from. If you go that way, anyone else who wakes up will need to catch up with you; you won't just be running into them any more, as you're leaving this level's stasis area. However, there are more lights going down in that direction and it appears to be connecting with the rest of the ship. The third way... follow the blood (?) trail down the darkest hall. See where it leads you.

Splitting up is always an option too.

So go wherever your characters want to go. Stay together, form splinter groups, give nicknames, however you see fit. Look through the stasis pods... explore the ship... stay put... or go hunting.

See you later. Sweet dreams.

well, I wouldn't like to run into the thing that pretty much eviscerated the steltian :P also, Lev, you don't think that the description of the steltian's body is a bit...gruesome for a kid's website?

I'm pretty sure it's fine as long as it's pg-13 rated.

well, I wouldn't like to run into the thing that pretty much eviscerated the steltian :P also, Lev, you don't think that the description of the steltian's body is a bit...gruesome for a kid's website?

When I first joined this website, the comedies forum was required to have any prospective bars serve lemonade, because alcohol was too extreme for BZP. Now, you're almost guaranteed to enter an RPG and find someone getting blitzed. If anyone feels uncomfortable, I will tone down any demonstrations of violence. Luckily, most people aren't as broad chested as a Steltian. Less meaty. Less gory.

Looks like voting is pretty much leaning towards the lighted hallway so far. (Which is the logical choice after all...)

*Snort*

I'm a bit surprised nobody wants to hunt down the monster, to be honest. Usually there's at least one lunatic per group of ten characters... but then again, maybe he would be the smart one. Or not.

OOC: If we're going to have a leader, I vote for 196 or 337...

I love the votes for leadership happening in OOC. Mr. Flibble tells me he knows who should be the leader. I disagree. But that's because I know more than Mr. Flibble does...

I may try for a canary, if any are left.

Only one of the three spots has been filled so far.

The monster will be hunted down, Levacius, once Slash has had time to gain some power.

Mr. Flibble voted for Slash... to singlehandedly chase after the monster and get revenge, thus dividing the group as one or two people follow. Mr. Flibble is kind of mean.

Name: Surara (1997)

Species: Ba-matoran

Appearance: Purple, with black mixed in. His mask is purple, with 2 black 'tears' running down to it's end. His tissue is also black

Power suit: Damaged, it is blue and gold with flashing lights of both colors attached to the shoulders. It provides data on the main core of the ship, and an alarm will sound in the suit if it becomes too unstable. When the user says the word za, it activates an attack sequence that can fire a laser to destroy solid protodermis. When the users says mno, it powers down. When the user says yeai, it goes into defense mode, and a bubble shield pops up around the user. The shield will stay active for 3 minutes, or until it takes a mediocre amount of damage, such as a single energy blast.

Abilities: none, other then being stable on his feet, and a slight atonement to gravity.

personality: He is very cautious, very timid, and scared. He dislikes open fighting, but enjoys quite conversation. He enjoys quite things, but when it comes to combat, he will only fight if he absolutely has to. He is also very loyal, preferring to stay with a group rather then wandering alone. He is extremely smart, but has forgotten many things on the voyage.

Edited by Kaanfight

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

The monster will be hunted down, Levacius, once Slash has had time to gain some power.

Over my dead body...Not really.

So, not too much happened today, other than the joining of a few new characters. Oh, and now we have some sort of power struggle for leadership of the group. Tomorrow will be interesting...

I counter your Mr. Flibble with an Emohawk.OH NO HE'S TURNING INTO ACE(yeah, I'll take that spot XD)

I'm pretty sure that any type of Emohawk or Polymorph would have a field day with this merry band... it would probably overeat.

Name: Surara (1997)

Species: Ba-matoran

Appearance: Purple, with black mixed in. His mask is purple, with 2 black 'tears' running down to it's end. Tissue is also black

Power suit: Damaged, it provides data on a barren ice planet, with only polar snakes as an inhabitant. When the user says the word za, it activates an attack sequence that can fire a laser to destroy solid protodermis. When the users says mno, it powers down. When the user says yeai, it goes into defense mode, and a bubble shield pops up around the user.

Abilities: none, other then being stable on his feet, and a slight atonement to gravity.

personality: he is very cautious, but also very timid and scared. He dislikes open fighting, but enjoys quite conversation.

Personality section is too short. Quite a few typos. Not going to allow any data about barren planets or the like. Don't know what a polar snake is, but it's not happening. How strong is the bubble shield? There's not nearly enough description for the power suits appearance.

That's what I have for now.