Sunken Cities

Light

IC: Torvoth

Deciding that sitting upon his metal rump in the hunt lent to him by a generous Lost was not going to be productive, Torvoth headed outside. There seemed to be a continuous, but boring yapping, an unfortunate characteristic of those not gifted with the higher midset of himself. The speakers were just a few huts away - to his surprise, he found the two Lost Toa from earlier, as well as another Toa who he wasn't familiar with. Part of him wanted to meet another newcomer, but the rest of him didn't want to. The two parts of him cancelled each other out and he ended up just awkwardly standing a few feet away from them, partly hoping they'd notice him and equally hoping they'd ignore him.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OOC:Cue Pirates of the Caribbean battle music! :P

IC:Cyrista was standing on the bow, enjoying the breeze, when bits of metal began flying over his head. He turned to his right and saw a ship approaching. "Battle stations, men! Pirate attack!" Cyrista began shooting bits of plasma at the more dangerous shots that could damage the ship or its crew. The rail-mounted Cordak Blasters were quickly taken and began firing at the incoming shots and at the pirate ship. Cyrista ran towards the stern and quickly climbed the stairs into the pilot house, as the entire ship could be controlled from there. Kalon was already at the Cordak turret controls, using the computer-controlled aiming to try to hit the pirate ship. Cyrista crossed the room to the water cannon controls. He activated them and began firing at the pirates, his Sanok guiding his accuracy, intending to drench the ship and pirates before electrifying the water.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:TorvothThankfully, Coren had made his decision for him and quickly."Who's this?" He asked, indicating the black-and-purple-armored Lost Toa. "I like how he knows that any armor looks good in black." He looked at Coren and Anuka, both of whom seemed slightly annoyed by his reappearance. "Hey, I've been getting twitchy, the kind of twitchy that I get when I don't engage in violence for a while - who is up for an adventure?"

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

IC: Anuka

Anuka gave a polite hello to Gariar and that was about it. She hoped she didn't seem unfriendly, she just wasn't really in the mood for conversation.

Torvoth's reappearance did in fact annoy her ever so slightly. It may have been because of his somewhat odd mannerisms, or perhaps the strange vibe she felt whenever he approached sent shivers up her...fin.

She figured she was just paranoid from being in the pit so long, but Torvoth was making her uneasy. Didn't help that he was talking about being 'twitchy' and 'engaging in violence'.

"No thanks, I think I'll pass. I've had enough adventures...out there." She gestured toward the direction of the pit.

Anuka looked at Coren, "I'm feeling pretty tired to be honest." She hoped he got the message that she wanted to just get settled in and get some rest, not deal with strangers.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Coren nodded quickly, mouth twitching once. "Um, Torvoth, I'll have to take a rain check on that. I've got to help Anuka settle, and it's been a long day. Next time."OOC: If either Gariar or Torvoth want to go on an adventure I'll provide interaction.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"What about you, Toa of fashionable black armor?" he asked Gariar. "Trust me, it's great and all down here in Aqua Nui, but nobody likes to do anything fun! Wait... Anuka said there was plenty adventure over in the big dark Pit over there? Adventure, so close that I don't even need to pack my bags? I mean, I was originally thinking about going on a treasure hunt, maybe loot some sunken Brotherhood fortresses-"

At this point, the others began looking at each other, suddenly worried slightly more than usual about Torvoth's mental competence.

"But I'll try this first! Meet me at my hut - it's the one over there - if you want to come along!"

Before anyone could reply, Torvoth sprinted away, eager to prepare himself to discover 'adventures'* in the Pit. In the minds of the three Lost Toa, there was only one thought: Did he really just decide to go the Pit? FOR FUN?

* = probably death

OOC: "provide interaction" means what exactly, in this context? You'll tag along, or just, you know, acknowledge it?

Also, Torvoth has no idea what exactly the Pit entails, besides a big, dark pit in the bottom of the ocean filled with ADVENTURE.

IC:

"Well. I do not believe I have not been to the Pit,but I'll go check it out." Just before we went off towards Torvoth, he said the two, "And also to make sure he doesn't get himself killed. Until then, stay safe my friends."

He waved good bye and began to head towards Torvoth.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Gariar caught up to Torvoth just as he was entering his borrowed hut. Torvoth nodded in greeting and gestured to a large, brown trunk. "All the weapons you'll need are in ther-" he broke off and swiftly lunged forward and slid a briefcase from the only worktable and lobbed it behind a toolrack. He straightened up. "You didn't see that... oh, I suppose I still don't know your name. Can you enlighten me?"

"In case you were wondering, the reason so many weapons are packed into that trunk is because it is a quasi-dimensional storage unit that accesses a pocket in the void between universes," Torvoth explained to Gariar when the weapons NEVER seemed to stop pouring out."And do you mean my story with the Lost, with Coren and Anuka, or my personal story?"

"I made it myself. Took a boatload of teleport and regeneration Kanoka Disks, but the secret ingredients are secret. I never met Anuka 'til today. I haven't seen Coren in ages, but," he lowered his voice "he and I met way back on Xia. All I'll say is he's not your average Toa. Or fish-Toa." All of a sudden, he realized what he'd said to Gariar. "Sorry... I mean, you aren't a fish, you're amphibia... I'll shut up and stick to what I know. Weapons, not social skills." He pulled on a bandolier of explosives, an array of startlingly bizarre-looking knives, and holstered a strange launcher. "Ready?"

"Frankly, I have no idea what that launcher even does... so... umm, how do I say this? I'd just like to say that if It explodes or something and maybe tears of your forearm, it's totally not my fault," he told Gariar as they swam out of Aqua Nui. "The one at my hip I know can shoot anything, from rocks to compressed air." Ahead of them, a great darkness was clenched in the water. They swam a little bit closer, still several hundred bio away. The darkness came from what appeared to be the lip of a great hole. This was the Pit.

Anuka sighed as the two left and it was just her and Coren again, she didn't mean to seem antisocial, but it had been a long day, and she didn't do that great with strangers. True she barely knew Coren, but he'd been the one to bring her here and help her in the first place, plus he didn't creep her out like Torvoth seemed to do.

"I hope I didn't come off as rude to them."

As Gariar carefully readied his weapon, Torvoth was very busy staring at the two massive Rahi. "Say, do you think that those sharks... are reaaaally big? And are kind of weird? You know, with the tentacles coming out of their fins and far too many jagged teeth? Maybe mutated even?" So enamored was he with the sharks that Gariar needed to shove him down as one of them swooped over again. "Are you going to fire that thing?" he asked the Toa. "I was saving you! That shark would've bitten off half of you in one little bite!"

"Which half?"

Gariar didn't justify the question with a reply, once more returning to give the sharks a mouthful of explosive.

Ic:

Gariar prepares to fire. He aimes the sights at the sharks mouth. One begins to charge at him, and he fires. A lound bang and bright flash ripples through the water.

Gariar is stunned by the flashbang. His eyesight and hearing slowly comes back to him. I hope he was able to look away and cover his ears.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Spitting curses and flailing his chainblade in a wild, protective arc, Torvoth frantically blinked to get his sight back from the erstwhile Flashbang. However, the sharks were much worse off. Having lived all their lives in the near-blackness of the Pit, exposure to a star-bright light at close range blinded them, maybe even permanently. "Finish them off. Put them out of their misery," he told Gariar, or at least the blob that he thought was Gariar.

IC: Kaju grinned. He had been sailing on the Kardas, looking for ships to rob. He hadn't found one. Oh, no. He had found two. A pirate ship was attacking what appeared to be a mining ship. He knew Pirate ships. They tended to have a lot of treasure. But the mining ship also appeared to have a lot of interesting cargo. He wanted to rob something, so why not both? The plan came to him. He would "save" the mining ship from the pirate ship, and then rob that one too. This sounded fun. The Kardas sailed toward the pirate ship at full speed.

OOC: The ship-that-looks-like-a-mining-vessel is yours, av.

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

NPC: Captain RekonThe Captain swore as his ship was impacted, but kept smiling."Oh, so she wants to join the party! Aim the rail cannons! Give her all she's got!"The cannons started firing, iron rails a meter long flying toward the Kardas.IC: The sharks spiraled out of control, the combination of sound and light disorienting them. They tried to counterattack, but they didn't have much of a shot.IC: Coren shook his head. "It's fine. They'll be back." His neck twitched. "Sorry. Want me to take you to your home?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Those sharks are toast" he said, "let's go. Say, do you think you could use your gravity powers to make us descend more quickly? This hole is huuuuuuge!"

IC: Well, this hadn't exactly gone as planned. Kaju swerved to avoid the oncoming projectiles, but was hit by a few. The Kardas shook violently from the impact. Kaju rushed to a cannon, and fired at the pirate ship's weapons. If he could disarm it, he'd be able to put it out of commission quite easily.Another shot hit the Kardas.IF he could disarm it.

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

IC: Kaju had conducted better attacks. As in, ones that didn't involve his ship getting battered by a much larger one, another pirate no less, and springing a leak. He turned, and headed for the mining ship, hoping that he would be able to repair his ship and escape the battle. Maybe he could see if the seekers had another job for him or maybe find some other ship to raid. But one thing was for sure: He was not in the mood for sinking into the Pit.

OOC: Heh. Bit of a rough start for him.

"What do you suppose is down here? Buried treasure, shipwrecks, or a sunken city?" he asked Gariar. He looked around, observing the strange and mutated sea life that flittered around with apparent interest as well as the climbing strands of sea weed that seemed to claw towards the widget-sized dim light that was the opening of the Pit. He lowered his voice, "Do you ever get the feeling... that somebody's watching you? Because I have a feeling that everything is watching me... and everything is hungry..."

OOC:Sorry I haven't posted.

IC:The pirates were being repelled from boarding for the moment, so Cyrista sent out a broadcast to the other ship. "Hello there! I saw you getting your rear end handed to you by those pirates, once I repel them permanently, would you like some help with repairs? If so, just start firing at the pirates from range. If not, just run as fast as your engines take you."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Sorry I haven't posted.

IC:The pirates were being repelled from boarding for the moment, so Cyrista sent out a broadcast to the other ship. "Hello there! I saw you getting your rear end handed to you by those pirates, once I repel them permanently, would you like some help with repairs? If so, just start firing at the pirates from range. If not, just run as fast as your engines take you."

IC: In response, one of the Kardas' cannons began firing at the pirate ship.

"Repairs would be rather helpful, yes."

Despite the plain looking hut Anuka was more than thrilled. She'd never dreamed she'd have anywhere she could call home again, especially under the vast ocean. But here it was.

Without really waiting or thinking about it Anuka was swimming toward the hut, "Flashy or not this is more than I could have ever hoped for at the bottom of the sea!" It was clear by her tone she was quite ecstatic. "Can we go inside now?"

"Umm... Gariar?" he said slowly while unlimbering his chainblade, "I'm going to ask you to stay veerrryyy still, because, well, there is a really big tentacle slowly coiling around your leg..." Gariar looked down and blanched. Torvoth continued and raised the weapon over his head, "On a count of three, I'm about to separate this tentacle into a couple of pieces. Ok? Okay!" Gariar tried to say something, but Torvoth cut him off. "Don't worry, I've got this - I'm a professional. One... two...SWOOSH! ...Uh-oh! Gariar? Are you there?" he called into the blackness into which the Toa of Gravity had vanished. Perhaps he's only a couple bio away and I just can't see him in the dark, he thought to himself. "And then there was one. One brave adventurer-hero, who is now about to beat a very brave tactical retreat!" he muttered as he began swimming backwards as fast as he could.

YANK! SWOOSH!

Torvoth disappeared.

OOC: Obviously, it's up to Gariar/Flaredrick what happens - perhaps Gariar really is a few bio away, when the beast lost interest.

Edited by Wazdakka

IC:"Yeah, we got lots of spare minerals from our operations. All I gotta do is shape them and weld them to your hull...... That gives me an idea! Unidentified ship, position yourself so that my ship is between you and the pirates.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!