Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!


Photo

Trapped in a Map

TiaM gameplay

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 08:14 AM

IC: Takarik nods and opens the door, "After you." He says as he gestures towards the door.
  • 0

#122 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 08:19 AM

[color=#006699;]IC / Reya / Rikene's Dwelling:[/color]

 

[color=#006699;]Reya, in the safety of the abandoned house with her companions, closed her eyes while the flashes began outside. However, once Kratep mentioned the Inquisition, they snapped open, revealing concern in her light green eyes.[/color]

 

[color=#006699;]The Inquisition? The Toa told herself, glancing over to the stairwell. Another reason I didn't consider myself a Disrupter, and one to flee this city as soon as possible.[/color]


  • 0

#123 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 09:10 AM

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - The Market[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]A bright flash of light was what woke Nahri up, and she looked around shakily. Her vision was foggy, but she was still able to make out the faint outline of a Vortixx standing over her.[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"What is it? What do you want?" She demanded weakly. [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]Perhaps he had come to try and steal her belongings as well?[/color]

 

IC - Oryan:

 

"I'm not here to hurt you," the Vortixx said gently, eyes shut. "You can send me to kingdom come if you feel like it, I suppose, but it's a strange city and most people around here are... A lot less friendly. But that's not very important: thanks to you and the Carver there's going to be another fifteen minutes of these flashes." He reached out, grabbing the Toa's hand. "Come on, there was a building precisely ten feet to my right with an unlocked door that we can shelter in. Unless," he added a little sarcastically, "You like the blinding light better."

 

 

IC (Koranga and Dekuna): Koranga felt the teeth of his weapon bite into Dorcha's shield before the blow was thrown back again, twisting his wrist uncomfortably. He prepared to throw another blow, but his opponent was nimble, and had already started running again. With his body still on fire, he followed.

 

Dekuna teleported to the roof of the building next to where he had seen the explosion, and got a better look at what was going on. A being he recognised as a Law Enforcer was apparently on fire and swinging wildly at someone he couldn't quite see. For the absence of sounds coming from a small area of the roof, however, he could make a good guess at who it was. Dorcha.

The smaller being sprang away, and the larger made as if to follow, but once Dorcha was off the roof, Dekuna leveled both his weapons at the law enforcer and fired. A charged lightstone and a sonic boom both shot towards Koranga's back.

 

As Kornaga went to leap down, he was clobbered by an unseen force from behind him. Light and sound robbed him of balance and he tumbled to the ground in a heap, and ended up lying face-down in the shed, stunned by both the attacks and the two-story fall.

 

Seeing the enforcer was out of the way, Dekuna teleported after Dorcha as he fled, and quickly ushered him into a quiet building. Light from the sky flashed brilliantly outside, so they would have to stay there for a while.

"Dorcha" he said. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything too important there, but I'm glad I caught you before the light came up. Listen, there's going to be a meeting of the Disruptors and our allies at sunset in the tallest Outcast Tower. We're finally going to move against the Worshippers, and take the city from them. If you come, you can be part of the planning and discussions."

 

 

IC - Dorcha:

 

The small being nodded his thanks.

 

"Unusually persistent Enforcer this time, thanks for downing him."

 

"A meeting, yes? You people finally decided to stop acting like rabble? Good. I'm in." 


  • 0

#124 Offline Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

  • 436 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 12:07 PM

IC: [ [color=#b22222;]Ferrin[/color] ] - Entrance to the Tunnels[color=#b22222;]Being underground, Toa Ferrin was shielded from the blinding flash of light as yet another personage entered the Map. He did notice the intense light increase at the tunnel's entrance, however, and paused in his looting of the muscle-bound Enforcer.He recalled just such a flash of light, when he himself had been transported here. Apparently, someone else had joined the city. As if the population wasn't large enough already.He shrugged, transferring a handful of widgets from the Krekka's belt pouch to his own. Beyond the few coins, the being possessed nothing of value, and Ferrin was prudent enough to leave the guy's helmet where it was. Trying to get rid of the distinct headgear of a law enforcement officer wasn't always the best situation.[/color]


  • 0

- TBRPG Character Profiles -

 

{ BZPRPG | FTL }


#125 Offline Shadow Destroyer

Shadow Destroyer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,648 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 12:45 PM

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - The Market[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"The Carver?" She asked. The Vortixx didn't answer her as he started to walk to the building he had pointed out. [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]Nahri scrambled to her feet and followed him. [/color]


  • 0

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! {My Brickshelf Gallery}

Watch me on Youtube! [Link]

 


#126 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 12:59 PM

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - The Market[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"The Carver?" She asked. The Vortixx didn't answer her as he started to walk to the building he had pointed out. [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]Nahri scrambled to her feet and followed him. [/color]

 

IC - Oryan - Marketplace (building on the east edge):

 

Oryan closed the door behind Nahri as she stumbled in. It was bearable in hear, although the blinding light poured in the windows.

 

"The Carver. God to some, master to others, and Karzahni to still more," Oryan answered her as he went from room to room, closing thick shutters over each: almost all the houses in the city were built to survive the Glare. "He's the one who made this city and the land around it. He's also the reason you're here."

 

With the light now bearable he took a quick stock of his surroundings: a comfortable looking living room, deserted. He hoped the owner wasn't home. But still, breaking into a house was a common thing when the Glare hit and unless there was damage to the owner's life or property it was never reported to the Law. Besides, he was the Law.


  • 0

#127 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 12:59 PM

[color=#daa520;]IC / Slaughterhouse [/color][color=#a52a2a;]and Velatin the Wanderer[/color][color=#daa520;] The Temple:[/color]

 

Velatin was shocked, to say the least. His brain's pain sensors were going full-out, and he could barely stay conscious. But... "How the Karzahni am I freaking alive!?"

 

Then something less than pleasant began to happen. His neck began to elongate - very painfully, mind you - and his head began to scrape across the floor towards his body. He felt in full control of his body, too. Screaming some more (and really, who could blame him?), he crawled to his head and tried to jam it back onto his body. Pain is a word that does not begin to describe how it felt. His arteries, veins, nerves, skin, muscle, joints, and gears all realigned in a process indescribable by anything but horrid and excruciating. Now that his body was whole, things seemed to be back to normal somehow.

 

Thus, he passed out. Apparently he couldn't while dismembered, but as a whole Vortixx again Velatin was perfectly able.

 

Slaughterhouse grabbed the unconscious Vortixx by the neck. His grip broke the poor being's neck, but of course he was still perfectly fine. Now it would just torment his dreams with the pain. Slaughterhouse smirked at the idea. At least he could cause massive amounts of pain in his victims. With that pleasant thought, he nodded at Voebius and dragged Velatin across the altar toward the Temple's dungeons.

 

[color=#0000cd;]IC / Water Caves Under the River of Life:[/color]

 

 

Water gathered the few members of Armageddon into a group. It would be time for the meeting soon, and she didn't want to be late. Thus, forming a tunnel through the water to the surface, she marched forth towards the outposts.


  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#128 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 01:39 PM

IC: High Inquisitor Voebius | Within - Temple

 

Voebius watched as Slaughterhouse dragged the unconscious adversary away for interrogation, as another figure came running in - this one a fellow Inquisitor. He was from one of the Prime Species; an armor clad figure bearing the mark of the Matoran "A" upon his chest and having a cloak very similar to her own. The Mask of Stealth he wore, along with the lighter weight of his armor, marked him as one of their watchers.

 

He gave a curtsey upon his approach, before saying to her, [font="georgia, serif;"]"High Inquisitor, I bring news from my recent investigations with regards to Disrupter activity."[/font]

 

"Speak, Inquisitor."

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"As suspected, Endi Simul did not simply return to a normal life. He continues to associate with both a suspected Disrupter and a known one. I could not get the details due to a field of silence, but I suspect that if they are using such secrecy than they might possess knowledge useful to our continued hunt."[/font]

 

"Do you have names?"

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"Taamaska. A known Disrupter, but so far unable for us to pin down. Highly dangerous. She made a great mistake associating with someone known to be under the watch of the guard. The other was Dekuna. We believe him to be involved with Disrupter activity; at the very least, he is an Outcast, and it was he who brought the information before quickly leaving. He's a Toa - incredibly dangerous."[/font]

 

"They have likely moved since your encounter, then. Most unfortunate. There are others watching, I hope?"

 

[font="georgia, serif;"]"Yes. I made sure to send another Inquisitor to replace my post. They will make sure to keep Endi under surveillance, allowing us to watch where they go. He shall send word when they begin moving, and watch from a distance."[/font]

 

"Then this day could be very fortunate for us... if we are to capture multiple Disrupters. You are dismissed."

 

The other Inquisitor gave another curtsey before leaving, then stopped and began rubbing the back of his neck. The lights were still flaring outside. Voebius began walking away from him and towards the altar, where she put her hands down and stared directly up. There was a window up above, cut into the ceiling; as the light shone through, it made its way through the window in a channel. Though it was greatly diminished from its former brightness, it was still not something most would look at - but she was not "most."

 

Allowing the holy light to bathe her, Voebius began thinking heavily. If the Disrupters were on the move, than so too would the Inquisition - and likely the City Law Enforcement - have reason to make a move of their own. Once the lights had given a reprieve, she would head towards the Palace. Dekuna... an outcast. She knew that name, and of the others indicated. They were not fools enough to meet within the city, where the walls had ears and the sky had eyes, all directed upon them. This meant they had some way of getting out of the city. Likely through the tunnels, of course.

 

Still, there was no way to move the entire Inquisition through the tunnels if they were to pursue, and they did not know the tunnels well enough to follow into the lands beyond. To truly commit a force, there was only one solution.

 

"And so were Gates to New Artahka sealed in accordance with Prophet Carmera, to hold back cracks of destruction threatening to shatter Paradise."

 

"It is time for them to be unsealed."

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#129 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 02:29 PM

IC: "I guess if no one else wants to go in I'll be first." Takarik says as he steps into the tunnels, "C'mon, its not like the whole Inquisition is hiding down in the tunnels."


  • 0

#130 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 03:51 PM

IC (Koranga): Koranga lay sprawled in the doorway of the shed for a full 15 minutes, semi-conscious. As the first flash began to recede, however, he was woken up by pain, a very strong pain. It was far away, and so yet faint to his senses, but it was massive nonetheless. His own body ached too, and he suspected that he had dislocated his shoulder when he had hit the ground. Given strength by this to counterbalance the earlier avsa-drain, he got up and started running in the direction of the pain. He felt it grow stronger as he neared the temple, reaching unbelievable heights. He gloried in it, feeling strength flood him limbs and joy fill his mind. It was the best feeling he could imagine.

Running as fast as he could, he skidded around the last corner and into the temple. Inside, he found two members of the Inquisition, and an unconscious Vortixx, agony still washing off him in waves.

 

IC (Dekuna): Dekuna ignored the comment about the Disruptors being a rabble, though he would have like to say something in defense. He needed to have everyone onside with him for this, so it was counter-productive for him to begin any arguments.

"It's good to have you, Dorcha" Dekuna smiled. "Sorry about the short notice and all, but I've been out gathering people all day. You were particularly hard to spot, so it took a while to get to you. That aside, however, I'll be on my way. I'll see you later on tonight."

As he spoke, he found a garment in the home they were using as shelter, rolled it up and tied the thick band of fabric over his eyes, tightly so that he couldn't see at all. He then walked over to the door, opened it, and walked out into the blinding glare. He couldn't see anything, true, but he could navigate by sound. With everyone inside, hiding from the flashes, the city was unusually quiet, so he was able to remove his earplugs and not be deafened. He walked further up the street, navigating by sonar all the while, until he got to an intersection and turned left, taking himself into the market.

In the opener space, his sonar could reach further before be clouded by numerous reverberations from crowded houses and other buildings. Far away, he could perceive the city wall where it bent around the temple. He focused his efforts there, was was able to get a good mental picture of the wall, almost as good as vision. Concentrating on this image, he activated his mask, and, the next moment, he stood on top of the wall. Teleporting by sonar was more difficult than using normal vision, mostly because it took longer to get a clear focus on his destination, but it had proved worth the effort to master on numerous occasions in the past. From on top of the wall, he again used sonar to visualise the tallest of the Outcast Towers, right down to its base. Soon enough, he was there.

 

He deactivated his mask and took off his blindfold - he was inside now, so he wouldn't be needing it any longer. He estimated that once the flashes stopped, there would be another hour before sunset. That left him plenty of time to set up for the meeting and prepare his speech. The meeting room was about halfway up the stone tower, and had one square window, which looked northeast towards the city. It was circular, taking up all the space on that level of the tower, and was unadorned apart from the spiral staircase in one corner, which led to the levels above and below.

He swept the room clean of accumulated sand and dust that had blown in through the window, while running through the plan in his mind. He checked the rest of the tower for signs of life or surveillance devices planted by the Worshippers, and found it clean, save for a couple of gafna, which the threw out. After that, all there was to do was wait, which he did, sitting down against the wall opposite the staircase. 


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#131 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 04:08 PM

Stepping out of the tunnel Takarik walked into the tallest Outcast tower. Walking inside he looked around for a moment and then called out, "Anybody in here?"

Edited by Falcon Lord, Jul 06 2013 - 04:09 PM.

  • 0

#132 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 04:15 PM

Dekuna heard Takarik's voice echoing up the tower, and replaced his earplugs because it signalled that other (inconsiderately noisy) beings were on their way. It was just a part of being a toa of sonics.

"Up here, Takarik" he called down.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#133 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 04:24 PM

[color=#daa520;]IC / Slaughterhouse[/color][color=#daa520;] The Temple:[/color]

 

A quick once-over through Velatin's unconscious brain revealed nothing of import; in fact, the lack of knowledge was utterly disgusting. Slaughterhouse tossed him into a corner, gave a shrug to Voebius, and sat unceremoniously on the altar. Even a bloodthirsty warmonger needed to pray to his god on occasion. The sanctuary was peaceful again for a few seconds, despite the disturbing fact that the floor was stained with blood.

 

Yet the peace would last only for a few seconds as a bumbling lover of pain slid around the corner, his eyes filled with lust. Slaughterhouse almost leaped to strike down the intruder, but quickly realized it was one of the few he liked. If like was the proper word, that is. For sure, Koranga was useful, and the giant of a Toa didn't hate or even dislike him. But the reason why was because the two of them shared a love for pain, and their personal abilities meshed together so well.

 

Slaughterhouse unceremoniously went over to the corner and began hacking at Velatin. Due to his unconscious state, his pain was numbed, and his regeneration would take long. However, the would-be executioner wanted to give his "friend" a treat of gluttonous pain.


  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#134 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 04:58 PM

IC: Takarik walked up the steps to the meeting room, "I picked up 2 friends along the way, Dekuna, meet Reya and Kratep." Takarik say as he gestures towards his companions.
  • 0

#135 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

  • 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 05:01 PM

GM IC:

 

The blinding glare subsided. And for about a minute, all was normal, save for the name still scrawled in the sky. Then the name flashed up again, making it once again impossible to see.


  • 0

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger


#136 Offline Snubby

Snubby
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

  • 300 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 05:15 PM

IC: Kapa / Lake of Life

 

Kapa gazed at the Lake of Life. It could be a whole lot worse thought Kapa. We may be trapped but if we ignore that part, it's just like living on another island, in the universe. Of course, to Kapa, it wasn't the Island that was causing him problems. It was the Disruptors and the Armageddon. The Disruptors started riots and protests just to make the Worshippers feel miserable. The Armageddon was even worse. If they destroyed the map, but they didn't reappear in the matoran universe? Or they killed everybody and the same thing happened? Therefore, Kapa wasn't in a faction, for the time being. Other than that, Kapa was pretty happy in the map. What we could use is a Kohlii ball tournament

Kapa started walking north down the River of Life. This was his normal routine every day. Soon he reached the fork where the River of Life met the River of Death. I could use some action. Kapa thought. After all, I am a Toa...


  • 0

#137 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 05:49 PM

IC: Zayin / City

 

In the midst of the blinding light that was the flashing name walked out Zayin, the Toa of Ice. Him, what could be described as a massive umbrella made of pure ice, and his glowing mask behind which was disguised his closed eyes.First, he used his ice powers to strengthen the "umbrella" to well beyond the normal strength of ice. Then, he caused ice to grow from it and encase that forearm. Small spikes lodged into his armor, basically affixing him to it without much choice on his part.

 

The powers of his Garai activated, simultaneously doubling and reversing the effects of gravity upon the "umbrella" he carried, suddenly pulling him high up into the sky. Once the glow had subsided, he would be well above the wall; simply changing the direction and force would be enough to carry him to the Towers from there.

 

OOC: Mask of Gravity. Can't affect your own gravity. Can affect your umbrella-ella-ella.

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#138 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 06:08 PM

IC - Dorcha:After a little waiting Dorcha followed suit, blindfolding and stepping out. It was easier finding your way about with your eyes, but he began making his way towards the outcast towers. With most everyone indoors he made good, uninterrupted time.

 

OOC: Lorax, don't wait on Dorcha to begin the meeting. 


Edited by Grantaire, Jul 06 2013 - 07:16 PM.

  • 0

#139 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 07:09 PM

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]IC: [/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Kratep [/color][color=rgb(128,0,128);](Outcast Towers)[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"Ah, hello Dekuna! Good to see your skip-stepping hasn't failed you yet!"[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Kratep's words come with a broad smile as he slips out of the shadows behind Takarik. After waiting for both Toa to enter the tunnels, Kratep had cleaned up the house and hidden the tunnel entrance, getting in himself via a crack in the trapdoor leading down to the Tunnels. And now, after journeying for the duration of 1 & 1/2 flashes, they were here.[/color][/font]

[font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"How many more are we waiting for?"[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 


#140 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 07:28 PM

IC: "I don't think we are waiting for many more." Takarik says as he watches the other Disruptors entering.
  • 0

#141 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 08:04 PM

IC (Dekuna): "There are still quite a few to come, actually" Dekuna informed them. "I've contacted everyone in the Disruptors, and the Armageddon will be bringing their people as well. I'm expecting at least a dozen beings to be here by sunset."

 

IC (Koranga): Koranga straightened up when he saw that two of his fellow Inquisitors were responsible for the beacon of pain he had felt from across the city. Theirs was an order of strength and dignity, so it wouldn't do to look as ragged and disheveled as he felt in front of them, especially not the High Inquisitor herself. It would soon become apparent, however, that most of his attention went directly to the captive.

"A good catch" he commented. "Was he a Disruptor, or merely a fool?" He went over to where Slaughterhouse was busily at work, drinking in the feeling. It was more than enough to replace what he had lost to the avsa-drain earlier on.

 

IC (Hatann): Hatann took advantage of the minute of relative dimness to slip into the tunnels and out of the city. He couldn't make the whole trip out to the towers in that time, but by the time the second flash was up, he was waiting at an exit near the broken bridge. In the following minute of normality, he was able to make it into the tallest tower.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#142 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 08:27 PM

IC: "Well then, I didn't expect Armageddon to show up. Every Disruptor? Really? Wow, you've been busy Dekuna."
  • 0

#143 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 08:40 PM

IC (Dekuna):"I like to keep active" Dekuna replied. "Though I'll admit a mask of quick-travel does speed up the process considerably. It took some doing, but I believe that the effort was worth it. It has been a long time since we have held such a gathering."

As he said it, a few more Disruptors and allies filtered into the room.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#144 Offline TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,115 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 09:13 PM

[color=#000080;]IC: Viloz[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Viloz was one of the few more Disruptors making their way into the room, his sea green eyes darting back and forth as he analysed the crowd, sizing them up like prey. Only when he spotted Dekuna did he step forward.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]"A little too long, I'd say. Glad someone's stepping up to take charge, eh Dekuna?" he said, grinning his shark smile as he held his hand out.[/color]


  • 0

#145 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 09:32 PM

IC: Zayin | Outcast Towers

 

He was moving rather quickly. Really, really quickly. Zayin pulled to a stop by changing the direction of his gravity powers on the umbrella once more - this time, causing it to pull up, but do so with very little actual force. That slight force pulled on Zayin enough to keep him from plummeting to his death, instead giving him a slow fall down towards the towers below.

 

The impressive fact was that his face remained completely deadpan the entire time. Everyone knew better than to laugh. With the blinding lights that were flashing about, they really weren't looking either. Truth be told, Zayin had gotten lucky with how accurate his travel was. Nobody wants to go hurtling over the edge of the Map.

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#146 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 09:54 PM

[color=#006699;]IC / Reya / Outcast Towers:[/color]

 

[color=#006699;]Reya remained rather silent among the gathering Disrupters, her eyes analyzing the chamber they occupied. From what she saw, these dilapidated ruins appeared to be an ideal base far from the reaches of the Worshippers and Law Enforcers.[/color]

 

[color=#006699;]For now, the Toa of Water reclined against a wall, arms crossed. Hopefully, there was something valuable or useful to listen to from these people.[/color]


  • 0

#147 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,971 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 10:10 PM

[color=#daa520;]IC / Slaughterhouse[/color][color=#daa520;] Speaking with Koranga and Voebius in the Temple:[/color]

 

"Fool," was the only response as Slaughterhouse shoved the pile of Velatin into the corner. With a pop of his knuckles and his neck, he turned and walked toward the door. Unceremoniously wiping his axe on a drape, he looked at Voebius and asked, "Question...can we go hunting?"


  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#148 Offline Shadow Destroyer

Shadow Destroyer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,648 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 10:43 PM

IC - Oryan - Marketplace (building on the east edge):

 

Oryan closed the door behind Nahri as she stumbled in. It was bearable in hear, although the blinding light poured in the windows.

 

"The Carver. God to some, master to others, and Karzahni to still more," Oryan answered her as he went from room to room, closing thick shutters over each: almost all the houses in the city were built to survive the Glare. "He's the one who made this city and the land around it. He's also the reason you're here."

 

With the light now bearable he took a quick stock of his surroundings: a comfortable looking living room, deserted. He hoped the owner wasn't home. But still, breaking into a house was a common thing when the Glare hit and unless there was damage to the owner's life or property it was never reported to the Law. Besides, he was the Law.

 

 

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - Deserted Home[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"So what do you think about the Carver?" Nahri asked as she sat in one of the chairs in the living room. [/color][color=rgb(0,100,0);]"Also, I think I forgot to ask your name..."[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]The lights outside dimmed for an instant, but then flared up again.[/color]


Edited by Shadow Destroyer, Jul 06 2013 - 10:44 PM.

  • 0

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! {My Brickshelf Gallery}

Watch me on Youtube! [Link]

 


#149 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

  • 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 11:37 PM

GM IC:The second flash dimmed and the world became seemingly dark again. A minute later it became extremely bright again for a third and final time.
  • 0

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger


#150 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 12:28 AM

IC: High Inquisitor Voebius | Within - Temple

 

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]"Question...can we go hunting?"[/font]

 

Upon hearing that, the High Inquisitor turned from her thoughts and replied, "Yes. But first - I must go to palace and get necessary authorization." With that, she took a piece of cloth that was present on the altar. Indicating Koranga, she said, "You two, be prepared. Rally up the rest of Inquisition and await my word. All going well, this very day we shall crush Disrupters."

 

Wrapping the cloth around her eyes, she strode towards the door of the temple.

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: 


Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor, Jul 07 2013 - 12:29 AM.

  • 0

#151 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 12:38 AM

IC (Dekuna): Dekuna took Viloz' hand and shook it firmly. "Viloz, I see you got the message - thanks for coming. Yes, I think a little organisation could work wonders. It's more dangerous too though. With us all gathered for coordinated action rather than unrelated small hits, it would be easier for the Inquisition to track us and they would discover more at once. It's a necessary evil I suppose, and, with a bit of luck, there won't be any more Inquisition by the end of the week.


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#152 Offline Toa Kovolta

Toa Kovolta
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

  • 750 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 03:07 AM

IC / Carmera / At the Palace:

 

Carmera was making her way through the maze of staircases and hallways in the Palace when she heard the horn indicating the arrival of another victim. It was another reason why she spent most of her life in the palace. The Carver was bringing in so many people nowadays, that one could barely go to the market without getting blinded by the constant flashing of names in the sky.

 

Reaching the ground floor she headed for the courtroom. She had a meeting with Judge Japudo to discuss the large outflow of prisoners from the barracks lately.


  • 0

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger


#153 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:02 AM

IC: Takarik turned around, "Viloz, good to see you. Still haven't been captured I see." Takarik said with a grin.
  • 0

#154 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 05:04 AM

IC (Dekuna):

 

Once everyone was there, standing around in a rough circle against the walls, Dekuna absorbed all sound in the room. The chatter died out quickly, and the various Disruptors turned to face him. It was a good turnout, he thought, with plenty of beings and powers arrayed around the room. He restored sound, and began to speak. (He did, however, keep up his power on a different level, keeping any words spoken within the room from leaving. When discussing secrets, there was no such thing as paranoia, only prudence.)

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]“My fellow Disruptors, and our valued allies” he began, “Thankyou all for coming. We are here tonight to plot the final downfall of the Worshippers, and a return to freedom for all of us who have been trapped here. With the Worshippers out of our way, we will have removed a large obstacle to finally finding a way to escape the Map.[/color][/font]

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]I have, tonight, the outline of a plan, though not all of the details, and it will take all of us to execute properly. Together, we will sweep power out from underneath the Carver’s servants, tear down his temple, and take authority for ourselves. From now on, there will be no more hiding in tunnels or sneaking about talking in whispers. What we do, we will be able to do openly, without fear of injury or imprisonment.”[/color][/font]

 

There was a small cheer from the Disruptors at this. It was after all, what they had been fighting for for thousands of years. The question remained, however, how that vision was going to be accomplished. Dekuna addressed the point rhetorically.

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]“We will break the Worshippers’ control of the city” he stated. “But how, in fact, do they control it?”[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]“The Law Enforcers” someone said.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]“No, not the Law Enforcers” Dekuna answered. "They are only a tool to administer a greater means of control, not the control itself.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]“Food” someone else piped up. “Water”[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]“Exactly” the toa of sonics replied. “The Worshippers control food and water, two very important resources. Anyone who disagrees with the Worshippers too vocally will starve. It is for this reason that a mass revolt among the city’s population is not possible. It is difficult enough for us to feed ourselves without going through the Worshippers’ system of distribution, but getting enough food for the whole city is beyond our means.[/color][/font]

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]This, then, is what we need to do. We will use water to break them. The Lake of Life is the source of all water in the Map, as you well know. Even the groudwater that the Worshippers’ well draws upon is fed by its springs. We will drain the lake, and divert its waters here, through the River of Death, into a new lake just southwest of these towers. With the lake drained, the well’s waters will also run dry, and the Worshippers will no longer have their bribe for the populace. The Map’s inhabitants will be forced to come here to drink, and, using the waters as pay, we will be able to buy ourselves an army of thirsty, dissatisfied citizens![/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]The Worshippers’ numbers are few, and so with the city’s population under our command, we will be able to storm through their ranks, destroy their oppressive government, set up our own in its place and dare the Carver to stop us if he can![/color][/font]

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]We will need Disruptors to create the new reserviour, and canals to it, as well as people redirect the lake’s waters into them and stop it from refilling. Stone and water powers will be needed for that last one. They will then need to defend their creations from possible attack by the Worshippers. Finally, we will need people to spread the word of our new reserviour and stir up rebellion in the peoples’ hearts. They will gather the army and lead it against Carmera and her minions.[/color][/font]

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]I now open up the floor to anyone else who has questions, suggestions, or additions to this course of action.”[/color][/font]

 

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]The toa of sonics bowed quietly and then retreated towards the edge of the room.[/color][/font]

 

OOC: For a pictorial and diagrammatic representation of the plan, see here.

[color=#000000;][font="helvetica, sans-serif;"]Stages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.[/color][/font]


  • 0

citd_small.jpg


#155 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 07:32 AM

IC - Valoran - Outcast towers: As Dekuna finished speaking, there was a sudden shout from the guard outside the door. At the same time the aforementioned portal swung open. A Toa of iron stood there, unarmed and clad in dented and scarred armor."I understand there is a meeting of those people otherwise known as Disruptors here?" he asked calmly. 

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - Deserted Home[/color] [color=#006400;]"So what do you think about the Carver?" Nahri asked as she sat in one of the chairs in the living room. [/color][color=#006400;]"Also, I think I forgot to ask your name..."[/color] [color=#006400;]The lights outside dimmed for an instant, but then flared up again.[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]IC - Oryan - Marketplace east (Deserted home):[/color]

 

"Now that's the question you don't ask people these days," Oryan commented. "You never know who is listening, and next you know the Inquisition is hauling you off to their torture chambers for a nice little chat on the subject."

 

He smiled a little sourly for a moment. "He's my boss, I suppose, or the boss of my boss. This place is heaven for a male Vortixx, so I can't complain."

 

He doffed his helmet, revealing his strange face. "Name's Oryan, and yourself?"


  • 0

#156 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 495 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 08:47 AM

IC: Takarik turns around, "You understand correctly, who are you?"
  • 0

#157 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

  • 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 09:54 AM

IC: Zayin / Outcast Towers

 

From somewhere in the back of the room there came a very slow clapping of hands, as an otherwise very quiet Toa of Ice began making his way to the front of the room. While that may have been enough to get an applause, almost everyone was familiar enough with him to know that this was not a moment to join in; they were also there to keep back anyone who thought that.

 

His dull, monotone voice holding steady, he looked to the being (Valoran) who had just walked in, and said, "That is where the first problem in this plan comes into effect. You forget, Dekuna, that while our numbers are just as few... the Worshippers and their servants still greatly outnumber us. They possess better arms and armor, along with greater organization. Which is the true problem - there is no organization here, and you calling one meeting will not change that. Perhaps you delude yourself with visions of grandeur in thinking this is everyone in our group, but there are plenty who aren't present. Among them, numerous companions still trapped in stasis."

 

As he made his way out of the crowd and towards the lower ground, he turned back and said, "Look at these people. Nearly everyone here has been fighting a guerrilla war for thousands of years. But the Worshippers are not at war with us. They are hunting us. That is why the Inquisition -"

 

A shudder in the room. As Zayin continued speaking, his use of hand gestures was increasing exponentially. One might have even thought he was showing more emotion in his voice, though that was just ridiculous.

 

"- exists. That is why the Law Enforcement don't march in squads, but continue acting like normal city guards. This game of Muaka and Kuma-Nui has kept the more known among us alive, and allowed the lesser-known to evade their notice. Carmera does not consider us a threat, or she would have done something to truly end us."

 

"Once we try to 'go to war' with the Worshippers, that all changes. We rile the Rama's nest. We will be forced to fight a beast unlike anything most among you have ever imagined. We are not safe behind these crumbling towers, whatever you may think. We are not the only ones capable of bending the elements to their will. Do any of you think that we have the defenses to stand against the explosion of an eccentric rock? Or the destruction of a Toa of Stone destroying our very foundations, killing everyone within?"

 

"Dekuna - this is not a game where the goal is making a population like you. Because you forget - there are plenty of regular people out there who, while not Worshippers, still follow the Carver. Carmera controls them with the power of religion, not with the power of water or food. And what happens, do you think, if the Worshippers pin the blame for the loss of water on us? The loss of food? There are still Ga-Toa and Bo-Toa standing ready as backup suppliers. If anything, this will restrict water supplies even beyond the well and what is sold in the stores. The Worshippers will use this as an opprotunity to enforce their hold by doubling patrols. People will be encouraged to turn in their neighbors to get access to extra water or food supplies. Every action we have we will have to be doubly cautious about to avoid detection."

 

"And Great Beings forbid they let the Karz'ed Inquisition have any more power as part of their reaction. I have been here for a much shorter time than many of our present 'veterans' and already seen over a dozen of their execution methods. Being the target of one is not among my list of things I want to do before I die."

 

"We stand before a coiled bog snake as Matoran - each time we move, all we do is invite destruction. As we stand, we simply await it. If we wish to stand any chance against the Worshippers, emptying a lake is not enough."

 

"Angering the people is a double-edged sword, one which we are immediately giving to the Worshippers to do with as they please. If you wish to have revolution, you must not give the sword to your enemy - instead, take it from them."

 

"Carmera controls the people through food and water, yes, but only as a means to keep their thoughts from rebellion. She controls two other things, things far more vital to daily life - the military and their religion. If we wish to have any chance against the Enforcers, we need to organize ourselves into an equally strong military. From there, we must assert the second - religion. Our actions must be considered, regardless of our own true desires, to be divine providence."

"Our goal is not the stomachs of the people - it is their spirits. For while a stomach can be sated but never truly changed, a spirit once shattered can be shaped into anything."

 

"Tell me, Dekuna, since you are a fan of the rhetorical - how might we break and shape a spirit?"

 

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:


  • 0

#158 Offline Shadow Destroyer

Shadow Destroyer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,648 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 10:55 AM

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - Deserted Home[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"Name's Nahri." She replied to Oryan.[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"So these Inquisition people... you work for them?" [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]Nahri hoped the answer would be no. Though the Vortixx seemed friendly enough, the Inquisition sounded like people she would rather avoid. [/color]


Edited by Shadow Destroyer, Jul 07 2013 - 08:23 PM.

  • 0

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! {My Brickshelf Gallery}

Watch me on Youtube! [Link]

 


#159 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 12:34 PM

[color=#006400;]IC: Nahri - Deserted Home[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"My name's Nahri." She replied to Oryan.[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"So these Inquisition people... you work for them?" [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]Nahri hoped the answer would be no. Though the Vortixx seemed friendly enough, the Inquisition sounded like people she would rather avoid. [/color]

 

 

IC - Oryan:

 

The Vortixx snorted. 

 

"By no means!" he exclaimed. 

 

"Things are a little complex in this city. You've got the Worshippers--some see the Carver as God, others just want an easier life: they all bow before him, hypocrites or not. Then there's the City Law Enforcement: we keep the peace around this city, although some members are as fanatical as those religious cool dudes. The main opposition to those two is in the form of Disruptors, people who don't like the carver, and don't like the current order. They can be noble freedom fighters or vile terrorists and thieves. The Inquisition comes from the Worshipper faction: they're the military arm of the religion. They don't work to keep the order, just to torture and execute anyone who opposes them."

 

He took a deep breath after that spiel. "Can't say I'm happy about the politics, but it's better than Xia so I'm content to stay. I work as an Enforcer, but... I'm a bit more independent than most."

 

IC: Takarik turns around, "You understand correctly, who are you?"

 

IC - Valoran - Outcast Towers:

 

Valoran waved his hand, generating a peg out of the wall which he hung his cloak on.

 

"I'm Toa Valoran," he said simply. "I guess I've counted as a Disruptor since I trashed the South section of the city nine thousand years back. Or was it eight? I forget."


  • 0

#160 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

  • 1,205 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 12:52 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]IC: [/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Kratep [/color][color=rgb(128,0,128);](Outcast Towers)[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"You bring up good points, Zayin."[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]The tall being steps forward as he speaks, two hands hold behind his back while the others move while words flow from his mouth.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"And you are correct--at least, correct enough to show that perhaps action on the scale of what Dekuna suggests is not what we need to do now. What we need is more power, more beings dedicated to our cause, enough so that one doesn't have to live in fear of being persecuted and killed by the Inquisition, or others like them."[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]He moves around the room, gesturing to groups of beings as they whisper.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"How, you ask, are we to achieve this? It is simple, we must undermine the populace's trust in the Enforcers and Worshippers. And how to do that?"[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Another gesture.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"Again, simple. What's the one thing that nearly everyone in the Map shares?"[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]He raises an eye-ridge and presses forth.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"How about a desire to get out?"[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]A pause.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"Now, imagine you're just a normal citizen of the Map, making a living, being a bit annoyed at being captured but have accepted it. And then, some friend of yours comes along and tells you the Worshippers have been hiding an escape route for years, and that they don't want you to know? How would you react?"[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]He lets his words hang in the air for a second or two before continuing.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"I'd guess you'd be mad. Very mad, in fact. As mad as you were at the Carver when you first got trapped. The difference is, now you have something tangible to attack, to hurt. You couldn't do anything to the Carver, but you now you can do something to the Worshippers."[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]He shifts position and spreads his arms wide, opening the floor to others once more.[/color][/font][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]"The only problem we have with this is finding a way to make the escape route believable, enough so that it could actually be true. Any suggestions, along with comments on both my thoughts, Dekuna's plan, and Zayin's speech, are now open."[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Zakaro[/color][/font]


  • 0

journeybannerv2.jpg

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

 

 





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users