Market Gossip

Toa Kovolta

Profile complete. The Disrupters are done for.

The Inquisition

The worst thing that a Disrupter can hear is the phrase, “The Inquisition is coming!” By the time you hear that, it is already likely too late for you to have any chance of escape. Only the most dangerous and powerful of Disrupters have survived attacks by the Inquisition, who under the command of High Inquisitor Voebius have been responsible for purging more enemies of the Carver (and a few innocents) than any other organization. Completely ruthless, led by zealotry and a thirst for blood, those in the Inquisition tend to be skilled combatants, fighting in small groups either on foot or mounted upon great beasts. They also tend to capture enemies alive and interrogate them, torturing them to death. When they actually kill, it’s a big and very public display – people left dead in the streets, buildings burned, and so forth. No one expects the Inquisition until it’s too late to escape.

Name: High Inquisitor Voebius [Vay-bee-us]

Species: Steltian [Leader Caste]

Affiliation: The Inquisition

Trapped: Voebius was trapped a good forty-four thousand years ago within the Map time.

Weapons/Tools: Voebius carries with her a few pieces of equipment that she has pieced together over the course of her campaigns.

• Star Slayer is the name of a powerful weapon in Voebius’ possession; a triple length Kanoka Blade (1 ½ Bio; 6.75 feet) with the power of Disruption built into it. Upon touching the blade to any person or something the person is using as an extension of themselves (such as a shield or weapon, but not the ground), it causes one of their powers to go wildly out of control (Sensory Aptitude could become Sensory Aptitude, fire powers may begin behaving wildly and possibly harm their possessor, etc.). The blade can only be activated by a being with the willpower to use Kanohi Masks; Voebius, due to intense mental training, has attained the necessary discipline and can wield the blade and similar items. However, the blade is not constantly active; she must focus intensely in order to generate the power of the blade, giving enemies time to counterattack. Once the blade is “charged” it is good for one or two uses before it must again be prepared. (See BS01 for further details)
  • Though the size and strength she has due to her species allows her to use it (less efficiently) in one hand, Voebius prefers to use both for increased support and accuracy with her Judgment Cannon. The cannon operates by sending out a wave of mental energy which affects the will of being; it can be used to destroy an enemy’s will or reinforce an ally’s resolve, or both at the same time upon multiple target. Enemies so affected become disillusioned with violence, wishing to make peace and cease fighting. The cannon’s power can be hampered by mentally shielded targets or their mental strength, but can be augmented by the mental strength of the wielder. (See BS01 for further details)
  • Voebius has had her natural armor partially rebuilt into a stronger and more secure form implementing high quality metallic protodermis and even some protosteel; there is some cost to mobility, but the added reinforcement that it provides against enemy blows makes it almost a necessary evil when you’re so large. The extra armoring is particularly prominent on the neck, which would normally be much more vulnerable to assault.
  • She carries a pack of equipment on her back containing a number of lightstones, rope, a grappling hook, and a heatstone; there is another (empty) satchel at her right waist. Her Judgment Cannon is almost constantly at hand; Star Slayer is sheathed at her left hip.

Powers: Voebius possesses incredible strength and quit a bit of agility to go with it. She is also a brilliant battlefield commander, capable of motivating allied forced easily even without resorting to her Judgment Cannon. Most of her senses are partially heightened, save for her sight, which has been damaged due to her choice to once endure the blinding light of a name flashing in the sky to cleanse herself of impurity.

Appearance: Voebius stands tall as a member of the highest class of Steltian society, with an intimidating form that gives a strong sense of menace when she is about. Her armor – primarily black with a small amount of her secondary armor coloring, orange, showing from time to time along her waist, upper body, and back – is bulkier than normal, yet still retains a sleek look like one would expect from a Vortixx. Small black spikes protrude at a few places. Across her chest is emblazoned in white the Matoran letter “A,” the symbol of the Carver. To further add to her appearance of power, she wears a large white cloak emblazoned with the same symbol crafted from the silk of the Silver Chute Spider (and thus very hard to destroy).

Bio: Voebius hails from the island of Stelt; a desolate place where the envy of the ruling class and their refusal to unite together prevented them from even keeping a structure standing – save for the arenas, where she was truly a queen. Her great power and influence on the island was demonstrated by her ability to maintain a two foot high picket fence along most of her minute territories border. More importantly, she was the battlemaster of an arena; she was the one in charge of preparing the gladiators, transporting the weaponry, and keeping everyone in line. With the wealth she amassed, she sought out more. Nearly every enemy captured or the wealth and property won from betting (which she was guaranteed to make) was put to use in trading with the island of Xia. It began when Voebius started bringing in Nektann, the robotic enforcers used often on Zakaz, to guard the arena. She began taking more and more control of what was once a completely public place, until it was eventually accepted that nobody was really willing to put themselves up against her, her well armed guard, and what was basically a robotic army. However, the arena was to be her only victory. There came a point where her influence reached its limit, and she was forced to pause. Until a golden opportunity came, when almost completely out of the blue, a mysterious Toa of Stone arrived on Stelt. Voebius realized that with that kind of power at her disposal, she could create entire fortresses with little difficulty and rip apart any enemy attacks, destroying them under a hail of stone and rubble. Even a single Toa without the morals of a Toa Code at her side would be the turning point, and she went for it. Unfortunately, that Toa was the Carver, who was not of the type to be impressed by offers of wealth, power, and glory. She nearly ripped the small hut he was staying in apart in her rage before leaving, and found herself in the midst of her return to the arena suddenly absorbed into the strange world of the Map.

Upon her arrival, Voebius was forced into the service of the Worshippers. At first, she was in complete denial of the idea that the Carver could have been some sort of divine figure; over time, she eventually gave in and one day fully accepted the beliefs of the Worshippers. She served for some time in the City Law Enforcement, and started off low. However, she proved to be far too ambitious and driven to remain in place for long. More importantly, she was far too zealous – her faith in the Carver began solidifying even further as the years went on.

Eventually, as the Disrupters gained more and more influence, she approached the leadership of the Worshippers with a plan – the plan to lead a force specifically dedicated not to the order of the city, but to actively hunting down the Disrupters. Ransacking their homes, torturing them and those close to them, and burning down entire buildings full of people to set an example for what would happen to those who failed to agree with the Worshippers. Voebius took up the title of High Inquisitor, leading what she named the Inquisition on this bloody crusade. On more than one occasion, those she hunted turned out to be innocent of all charges. But the record was still a positive one – her accuracy rate was high enough to have, within a few months, been more successful than all regular Law Enforcement operations against the Disrupters across the past few years.

In the present day, Voebius still leads the Inquisition in the city, and has more power over them than ever. All are free to join under her banner, though it is generally only the most zealous, the most bloodthirsty, or a combination of both who are willing to join. Her greatest desire right now is to leave the city and once more lead the Inquisition across the countryside; however, all of her attempts to do so have been decreed as pointless by those who have greater authority than herself, and a waste of manpower. The sealing of the gates has thus been a source of great anger for her.

It’s a wonder that a person like her continues to listen to them at all. Perhaps the Disrupters aren’t the only people who think they would do better than the current leaders of the Map…

Something of note (that nobody other than her knows) is that Voebius doesn’t fully believe that the Carver is divine – rather, that there is a divine being known as the Carver, and the Toa of Stone who wields the Map is simply an instrument of his will; he is simply the one who has brought them to this land. Her sanity is slowly slipping away due to her imprisonment in the Map and the desire to gain more power. For now, purging the Disrupters seems to be a task worthy enough for her. But once they are gone, it’s doubtful that she will simply retire – for perhaps the High Inquisitor herself, holiest and most zealous of the Carver’s followers, is the one truly worthy to have power.

Voebius has another reason for hunting the Disrupters down to be interrogated – to learn more about what they know; to find a way to leader her armies out of the Map. For once she has led her Inquisition out of the Map, she can force the entire world to bow to the wishes of the Carver, with her at the helm of it all.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

NO ONE EXPECTS THE BIONICLE INQUISITION!

Anyhow, I'm doing something crazy with Velatin right now. So very, very crazy. =3

Also, a dual staff fight between Velatin and Nahri could be interesting.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Ha! We among the Disruptors will stand strong till the end! Soon we will shatter the Worshipers control over the city and reign victorious! Even the Inquistion can not stop us from destroying the Worshipers, we will break down their empire brick by brick!

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Ha! We among the Disruptors will stand strong till the end! Soon we will shatter the Worshipers control over the city and reign victorious! Even the Inquistion can not stop us from destroying the Worshipers, we will break down their empire brick by brick!

Keep telling yourself that, bud.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Hey Kov, I never saw a character limit. Is there one?

If it's three or more, expect a member of the Inquisition soon. And no one shall expect this Inquisitor.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Well, seeing as we will soon be having a meeting to make a plan to finally stop the Worshipers once and for all....

You assume a lot about how successful this plan will be.

Eep! :cry:

That... may be a problem. Still, I admire Falcon Lord's confidence. We can do this! (maybe).

Anyone got ideas for how we can counter that judgement canon? Because that thing has the power to stop any rebellion before it can start.

ppg2.png

And in the process we lose those distractors to the judgement canon? The trick here, I think, is not going to be simply getting an attack to hit Voebius (anyone could do that, be it by freezing, burning, stabbing, crushing, etc). The real challenge is going to be stopping her from using the thing to make our fighters lay down their arms while we do it.

The canon uses mental energy, so if we had a toa of psionics, then they could alter/redirect/counter the energy beam before it hits anyone, but there aren't any psionic Disruptors yet.

Also, Lev, you realise that silver chute spider silk contains a paralysing venom? I suggest you get that cloak de-poisoned before wearing it. :P

ppg2.png

Well, Takarik is a Toa of ice. If some Disruptor comrades can distract Voebius then Takarik can freeze him...

*her

And in the process we lose those distractors to the judgement canon? The trick here, I think, is not going to be simply getting an attack to hit Voebius (anyone could do that, be it by freezing, burning, stabbing, crushing, etc). The real challenge is going to be stopping her from using the thing to make our fighters lay down their arms while we do it.

The canon uses mental energy, so if we had a toa of psionics, then they could alter/redirect/counter the energy beam before it hits anyone, but there aren't any psionic Disruptors yet.

Also, Lev, you realise that silver chute spider silk contains a paralysing venom? I suggest you get that cloak de-poisoned before wearing it. :P

Psionics is cheap.

As for the silk - it's also an incredibly thin and light substance that still possesses incredible strength. The poison would not be difficult to cleanse through the application of Remove Poison disks, which I assume to have already been dealt with.

Anyone got ideas for how we can counter that judgement canon? Because that thing has the power to stop any rebellion before it can start.

Get Taamaska to hook you up with something. Since she's already got armour that can absorb energy like that all she needs is the right materials and she can probably put together some defences that'll do the same thing. A special ear-piece maybe

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Yeah, I hear Kov screaming OP right now. She's too strong imo. =P

Anyhow, psionics might be cheap, but I'm sure having a duo partner with that element might be appreciated by the High Inquisitor, no? Anyhow, if we can have three characters, here's my third:

[b]Name:[/b] Grand Inquisitor Brithanian Felancine Quinnipitus Grandarian - Commonly called "Slaughterhouse"[b]Gender:[/b] Presumably male[b]Species:[/b] Mutated Toa[b]Affiliation:[/b] The Inquisition[b]Trapped:[/b] Approximately 250 map years prior to the start of this game. [b]Weapons/Tools:[/b] A gigantic axe of protodermis (one and one half bio handle with a one bio head in length and width), carries a large amount of smoke bombs, is forced to wear a heavily modified Tryna called the Tryna-Piraka[b]Powers:[/b] Elemental power of psionics, wears the Kanohi Tryna-Piraka, mask of no death. The Tryna-Piraka causes the wearer to never be able to fully kill their target, but instead inflict as much physical and mental pain asthey wish and completely incapacitate their prey. This can be used as the ultimate torture device, but the mask will eventually completely heal the prey with no side effects. A target can literally have their body torn to shreds, but the Tryna-Piraka will eventually completely restore them. This power cannot apply to anyone but the wielder, meaning that if he is in the vicinity but does not attack a person, they can die.[b]Appearance:[/b] Nearly twice the height of a normal Toa, and three times the brawn to go with it. His armor is completely gold, except for his long dark blue hood which is fastened to his shoulders and around his neck. His face is completely covered by the cloak, making him appear like an executioner. His armor is extremely ornate, looking somewhat like an oriental warlord (including the large antlers on his hood). [b]Bio:[/b] As an Inquisitor, one must be willing to fight, kill, torture, and show no mercy at will. This role is fit no better by anyone other than the one who has come to be known as Slaughterhouse. This hulking mutant has been hand-picked by Voebius to be her second-in-command - or, at the very least, the one to whom she gives the most dirty work she has. He personally has never failed a mission, though often he goes above and beyond the call of duty and ends up "killing" everyone near his target, and decimating the entire area.

His personality is best described as psychopathic torturer who tries to kill everything he doesn't trust. With the exception of Voebius and a select few others on occasion, he trusts no one, so he's on a hair trigger to tear someone to shreds at any moment. In the Matoran Universe, he was a Dark Hunter, which was where he obtained his name. Before he was a part of the organization, it can be assumed that he was more peaceful of a fellow. However, he was forced into mutation that changed his mask and overall body structure into what they are currently. His former memories were wiped, and he was taken on to be the lead torturer of the Shadowed One's dungeons. How he came to be on the Carver's bad side is unknown.

Compared to a Toa? Not even close. She can make people into hippies, shoot them with shadow, disrupt their powers by hitting them with her sword or a shadow bolt fired from it if she takes the time to focus on charging it (which leaves her vulnerable), and she has a good deal of physical strength which doesn't mean too much against people with other powers.

For a Steltian she might be strong, but considering the line of work, it's feasible. Still, it's up to the GM's ruling.

Eh, I was just thinking having both the disruptor blade and the Judgement Cannon is a strong combo. still, putting it like that, I see that it's not too strong.

Of course I wonder if my own character will be considered too strong. If so, then I can change the species and make him a mask-wearing lowest-caste Steltian, dropping the psionics.

Name: Kapa

Species: Toa of Air

Affliation: None

Trapped: 2000 map years

Weapons/Tools: 2 dull blades that attach to his shoulders that permit him to fly for a limmited period of time. They are as light as air, and can be used as a shield to stiffle blows.

Powers: Normal powers of a Toa of Air.

Appearance: Primary color: Green. Secondary color: gold. Gold mask. About as tall as a Toa Metru.

Bio/Personality: Good natured and talkative, Kapa has the normal personality of a Le citizen. Very athletic. He liks to fly, although extreme heights will scare him. His eyesight is very poor, and that can often get him into trouble. His dream/goal is to help rid the MU of Makuta.

Living in the Map, Kapa has lived somewhat happily, and therefore does not quite agree with the worshippers. He believes The Carver will give them a better life or let them go when he feels ready, and worshipping, no matter how big, won't sway him. He does not agree with the disruptors, either, believing that the worshippers are the rulers, and riots and protests caused just to make them feel miserable aren't right. And the Armaggedon is even worse. Death and destruction? Just because you don't agree with them? Therefore, Kapa isn't in any faction, for the time being.

History: Kapa was built on an unknown island. He was origionally part of a Toa Team, but something went wrong in their making, and he was the only one that suffered no dissabilites, neither mentally or physically. He was the only protector of the island he was assebled on. The island, though, rarely had any attacks that needed protection from, until the Great Cataclysm. The entire island was destroyed. Kapa survived, along with the Turaga and a couple hundred Matoran villagers. Floating on pieces of Debris, Kapa used his power over wind to push them to safety, which turned out to be another city in the MU. He lived there for many more years, until he was trapped.

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

Compared to a Toa? Not even close. She can make people into hippies, shoot them with shadow, disrupt their powers by hitting them with her sword or a shadow bolt fired from it if she takes the time to focus on charging it (which leaves her vulnerable), and she has a good deal of physical strength which doesn't mean too much against people with other powers. For a Steltian she might be strong, but considering the line of work, it's feasible. Still, it's up to the GM's ruling. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hey, if my Vortixx could only have two types of bolts, I somehow have the feeling this might not fly.Also, why is it that all the Disruptors causing trouble have masks of intangibility? My poor Enforcer would be toast if he tried engaging them. Edited by Grantaire

The Inquisition

The worst thing that a Disrupter can hear is the phrase, “The Inquisition is coming!” By the time you hear that, it is already likely too late for you to have any chance of escape. Only the most dangerous and powerful of Disrupters have survived attacks by the Inquisition, who under the command of High Inquisitor Voebius have been responsible for purging more enemies of the Carver (and a few innocents) than any other organization. Completely ruthless, led by zealotry and a thirst for blood, those in the Inquisition tend to be skilled combatants, fighting in small groups either on foot or mounted upon great beasts. They also tend to capture enemies alive and interrogate them, torturing them to death. When they actually kill, it’s a big and very public display – people left dead in the streets, buildings burned, and so forth. No one expects the Inquisition until it’s too late to escape.

Love it! :)

NO ONE EXPECTS THE BIONICLE INQUISITION!

Our chief Krana is the Xa... the Xa and Za... the Za and Xa.... our two Krana are the Za and Xa... and the Ca.... Our three Krana are the Za, Xa, and Ca...and the Su.... Our four...no... amongst our Krana.... amongst our armament...are such Krana as the Za, Xa.... I'll come in again.

• She carries a pack of equipment on her back containing a number of lightstones, rope, a grappling hook, and a headstone

I'm assuming you mean heatstone, unless she plans on burying her victims.

Hey Kov, I never saw a character limit. Is there one?

If it's three or more, expect a member of the Inquisition soon. And no one shall expect this Inquisitor.

Yeah, as stated under "Character Profiles" and in the first post of this topic, the character limit is currently three.

Updates to bio section made on my original post.

Looks good.

Abahdon, Slaughterhouse and Kapa are approved. Just get rid of the awful yellow ToD.

Lev, Get rid of the Kanoka and shadow powers.

Does the cannon only affect one person at a time?

Edited by Toa Kovolta

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

I'm assuming you mean heatstone, unless she plans on burying her victims.

Mr. Flibble is very cross with you.

Lev, Get rid of the Kanoka and shadow powers.

Does the cannon only affect one person at a time?

It generates a stream of energy, going off of what BS01 says. It only targets one person at a time, but you could sweep it just as easily as you could sweep anything else.

I got rid of the Kanoka and shadow powers. Is that good?

Updates to bio section made on my original post.

Looks good.

Alright, I added Nahri to the profiles topic. Toa Kovolta, if you wanted to write a post about how she gets captured by the Carver in the first place, feel free.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Oh, I didn't realize it was a canon weapon, excuse the pun. Yeah, I guess that's good, maybe just add something about how the effects of the cannon wear off after a bit. Approved.@shadow: I already did last night, check back a few posts.

Edited by Toa Kovolta

Oh, I didn't realize it was a canon weapon, excuse the pun.Yeah, I guess that's good, maybe just add something about how the effects of the cannon wear off after a bit. Approved.

Alright, I'll stick that in there. And the whole thing in the Profiles Topic.

The Inquisition begins.

Name: Viloz

Species: Ga-Toa

Affiliation: The Disrupters

Trapped: 270 years ago

Weapons/Tools: Viloz makes use of a protosteel war hammer, a crude and menacing weapon which he wields with one hand. Apart from that, he keeps in handy a firework revolver at his hip, coupled with its ammunition in a small pouch.

Powers: Elemental control over water, paired with the raw, mammoth strength his Pakari grants him.

Appearance: Viloz is tall, sleek and handsome, his athletic build defined by a set of broad shoulders and lean muscle. With lips defaulting to a grin, luminous green eyes glinting with ambition and a confident stride, the young man’s charisma is undeniable and time spent imprisoned in the Map hasn’t changed that one bit. He’s clad in armour colored a blue reminiscent of the coolest of waters, accented by a few white traits, including a cracked, linear stripe running down the right side of his face.

Bio: As a Matoran, the little egocentric bugger turned out to be a thief who often dealt in the black market, a profession which landed him upon a Toa stone, monumentally changing the course of his life. Finding it difficult to find meaningful purpose now, Viloz settled for mercenary work in hopes of making good money and sharpening his skills at the same time. Eventually, he found his true calling as a pirate, sailing the seas in search of treasure and all that good stuff.

Glory days were cut short however. Celebrating with his crew after a successful raid, it didn’t take long for the world to rapidly transition from the deck of a mighty ship to some foreign city he’d never seen or heard of in his life. Adjusting to his new lifestyle proved difficult, the need to return home an ever-present dilemma. Now, Viloz allies himself with the Disruptors, more than happy to lend his services if it means making the Carver’s life more difficult.

kk

Expect a post for Slaughterhouse soon. Maybe not tonight, but soon.

Challenge complete. Giving someone a mask that causes them to never be able to actually kill is kinda fun. Stinks that I can only do this without consent to my own characters.

*maniacal laughter*

Edited by Toa of Dancing

Viloz is approved.

Oh, and Zarayna, don't forget to add Oryan to the profile topic.

Don't forget that there is currently a blinding light lighting up the sky. If you're character didn't go for shelter when the horn sounded, don't forget to incorporate it. There will be three flashes and each flash lasts about 5 min. Due Map time being faster the MU time(which is where the flashes are actually occurring). We are still on the first flash.

And just a plug to anyone who has free character slots, to join our two player made factions: Armageddon and the Inquisition. Find out more about them by looking at their descriptions in the faction section of the RP First Post, and Looking up their members in the profile topic.

Also we need more Worshippers.

And just a plug to anyone who has free character slots, to join our two player made factions: Armageddon and the Inquisition. Find out more about them by looking at their descriptions in the faction section of the RP First Post, and Looking up their members in the profile topic.

Also we need more Worshippers.

Any Disruptors with stone powers would also be greatly appreciated. We'll have some landscaping work to do.

ppg2.png

Oh, and Zarayna, don't forget to add Oryan to the profile topic.

I totally didn't forget to do this, and I totally haven't forgotten to do the same in countless other RPGs, even my own.

Hmm, I'm tempted to make another character. The question is: Enforcer or Worshiper?

Okey dokey everyone, the Disruptor meeting is about ready to begin as soon as everyone arrives (see my latest Dekuna post for details of the place). Let's get this underway!

Also, could Koranga retroactively join the Inquisition? I think that he and slaughterhouse would make a particularly good team, and the only reason for him not to be in it would be that he was created first. I could change his bio a bit to suit if necessary.

ppg2.png

Slaughterhouse is gonna make Koranga his Piraka.

...I'm sorry that was a terrible joke and I should be really ashamed of it.

But yeah, I'm rolling with that assumption for the moment.