Prototypes for Sale or Trade!

Art Vandelay

Hey guys! As many of you know, I have recently acquired several prototypes from 2001. I am holding on to most of them, but there are a few that I would be willing to sell or trade. These prototype masks, sets, and pieces are the rarest of Bionicle collectibles save the Platinum Avohkii. Even a Solid Gold Hau is not as rare as these prototypes. They are among the rarest of all Lego collectibles, in fact. Because of the extreme rarity of these prototypes, they are incredibly valuable.

You can see pictures in my topic in Bionicle Sets and Collectibles.

Legend:

Black: Available

Blue: On hold

Red: Sold

The ones that are available are:

Kanohi: $300 each

-Green Miru (from prototype Lewa) :miru:

Matoran: $100 each

-TAKUA PROTOTYPE :smiletakua: :smiletakua: :smiletakua:

-Two Matoro Tohunga ONE SOLD ONE ON HOLD :smilematoro:

-Jala Tohunga :smilejala:

-Maku Tohunga Two Left :smilemaku:

-Onepu Tohunga :smilenuparu:

-Kongu Tohunga ONE LEFT :smilekongu:

*Note that the Kanohi of these Tohunga prototypes are the regular production masks, and they are not prototypes. I don't believe prototypes of these masks were made, because there were already prototypes of these masks in different colors.

Turaga: $200 each

-Turaga Vakama :huna:

-Turaga Nokama :rau:

-Turaga Matau :mahiki:

-Turaga Onewa :komau:

-Turaga Whenua :ruru:

-Turaga Nuju :matatu:

Feel free to make an offer for any of the above. If you would like to trade, I am looking for items such as Solid Gold Haus, VMKK, WMKK, SSKK, GPKK, Gold Kanoka, misprints, other prototype masks such as White Huna, Yellow Ruru, Brown Komau, Metru Red Huna, Metru Blue Matatu, and Swirl Blue/White Miru, and complete or near complete sets of masks, Krana, Kraata, and Kanoka.

Edited by MX5Miata
Bliss.png

The only time I've seen Bionicle parts/sets priced more unreasonably was when that guy tried to sell the Platinum Avohkii for $30,000. I'd see it if you were selling whole Toa prototypes for maybe $80 each, along with $50 per McToran. Turaga I can see being about $60 each. I'd trade, but I got nothing of that worth. =P

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Yeah, thats pretty overpriced.

I wonder if EBay has stuff priced even more.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I would love it if anyone could tell me what on spherus magna a "toa prototype" is!

It is a BIONICLE set TLG made as a "test" for when they made new sets. Kinda like a an early model of what the real set was going to be modeled after.

No offense, but these prices should be lowered a lot especially the Green Miru... =/

Edited by Phantomesque

I have decided to come down significantly in price. I wasn't really sure what to price these at, so I figured I'd start high and see what people would counter-offer me. Sorry for the initial sticker shock everyone! :D

You may remember Fifi2004's topic about the prototype Pohatu and White Huna for trade. He was looking to get the coveted Cloud City Star Wars set MISB in a trade for the Huna. That set is worth $1000. So that mask then is worth $1000. The Miru is equally rare if not more rare than that Huna, so it should therefore be worth $1000 or more. But I can see that no one will be able to pay those kinds of prices (I know I couldn't afford that! :D ), so I have reduced that price significantly to a much more reasonable $300.

The Tohunga and Turaga are even more rare perhaps than the Miru or Toa prototypes in general. I mean, when have you ever seen these for sale? Actually, when have you ever even seen pictures of those before? I haven't. Please correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Bliss.png

I feel I must comment that, while some of these may be rarer than some other items, the actual demand to acquire them will be far lower due to the differences between these and the final models being minimal/uninteresting. I'm sure there's some people out there willing to pay that amount simply for the resell value or to satisfy their inner collector, but I doubt you'll find those people on BZP. :P

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I feel I must comment that, while some of these may be rarer than some other items, the actual demand to acquire them will be far lower due to the differences between these and the final models being minimal/uninteresting. I'm sure there's some people out there willing to pay that amount simply for the resell value or to satisfy their inner collector, but I doubt you'll find those people on BZP. :P

-Mesonak

Well I sure as heck want them.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

This is exciting! I was hoping prototype Tohunga might show up for sale someday.

I have a WMKK that I would like to trade in exchange for a some prototype Tohunga. Unfortunately, my family is in the process of moving and as such I would not be able to pull the WMKK out and ship it for some days, so the trade would have to be postponed a little while. Of course, there is also the issue of Brickshelf's downtime, so perhaps by the time that is resolved I will have already been able to get out the WMKK anyway.

How many Tohunga would you be willing to trade for a WMKK? The WMKK is worth ~$250, so maybe three?

Assuming we are able to trade, I can ship the WMKK first.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Brickshelf is now back up, so everyone can check out pictures of the prototypes in my topic in the Bionicle Sets and Collectibles forum.

This is exciting! I was hoping prototype Tohunga might show up for sale someday.

I have a WMKK that I would like to trade in exchange for a some prototype Tohunga. Unfortunately, my family is in the process of moving and as such I would not be able to pull the WMKK out and ship it for some days, so the trade would have to be postponed a little while. Of course, there is also the issue of Brickshelf's downtime, so perhaps by the time that is resolved I will have already been able to get out the WMKK anyway.

How many Tohunga would you be willing to trade for a WMKK? The WMKK is worth ~$250, so maybe three?

Assuming we are able to trade, I can ship the WMKK first.

I also have a wmkk I would be willing to trade. However I would like to see some pictures first. :)!

Sorry guys, but I am already getting a WMKK in another trade. I don't feel the need to have more than one. Sorry again. :( I do want to acquire a full set of VMKK, so if you have any of those, I would be willing to trade one Tohunga for each of those.

Also, if you have full sets of Protodermic or powerless Kanohi Nuva, I will trade for those. Or if you have full sets of Kanohi, Kanohi Nuva, Noble Kanohi, or Krana, I will accept those as well.

Bliss.png

Sorry guys, but I am already getting a WMKK in another trade. I don't feel the need to have more than one. Sorry again. :( I do want to acquire a full set of VMKK, so if you have any of those, I would be willing to trade one Tohunga for each of those.

Also, if you have full sets of Protodermic or powerless Kanohi Nuva, I will trade for those. Or if you have full sets of Kanohi, Kanohi Nuva, Noble Kanohi, or Krana, I will accept those as well.

Very well then. I would be willing to trade you my Kanohi Nuva collection, which consists of a full set (including the Protodermic ones), minus the ones that came packaged with the Toa Nuva sets (e.g. Lewa's green Miru Nuva). I had actually forgotten I had these to trade when I made my first post, but to my understanding the Protodermic Kanohi Nuva are quite valuable (about $30 apiece?). With the rest of the Kanohi Nuva in addition to those, would it be possible to trade the set for three Tohunga?

Edited by Tazakk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Very well then. I would be willing to trade you my Kanohi Nuva collection, which consists of a full set (including the Protodermic ones), minus the ones that came packaged with the Toa Nuva sets (e.g. Lewa's green Miru Nuva). I had actually forgotten I had these to trade when I made my first post, but to my understanding the Protodermic Kanohi Nuva are quite valuable (about $30 apiece?). With the rest of the Kanohi Nuva in addition to those, would it be possible to trade the set for three Tohunga?

Deal! :D Just PM me with some more information like what Tohunga you want.

Bliss.png

Which VMKK do you need? I have a VMKK CA that I have no real use for, to be honest. If you're down for that, I'd trade it for a Matoro.
I don't have any VMKK actually, and I still have a Matoro left, so you've got it! :) Just PM me with other info such as your shipping address and all that. I have added a new prototype to the list. PROTOTYPE TAKUA takuatohungaprototype.jpg The prototype Jallers came with Takua masks, so the prototype Takua could be created from them. Now you can have everyone's favorite Matoran in prototype form! :DPlease do not double post. -B6
Bliss.png

I have decided to come down significantly in price. I wasn't really sure what to price these at, so I figured I'd start high and see what people would counter-offer me. Sorry for the initial sticker shock everyone! :D

You may remember Fifi2004's topic about the prototype Pohatu and White Huna for trade. He was looking to get the coveted Cloud City Star Wars set MISB in a trade for the Huna. That set is worth $1000. So that mask then is worth $1000. The Miru is equally rare if not more rare than that Huna, so it should therefore be worth $1000 or more. But I can see that no one will be able to pay those kinds of prices (I know I couldn't afford that! :D ), so I have reduced that price significantly to a much more reasonable $300.

The Tohunga and Turaga are even more rare perhaps than the Miru or Toa prototypes in general. I mean, when have you ever seen these for sale? Actually, when have you ever even seen pictures of those before? I haven't. Please correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Hi MX5Miata,

The White Huna has a very specific story, and cannot be compared to first Toa prototypes (and their kanohi). Question : what colour is the White Huna? White... Congratulations! Have you ever seen a white huna on any Bionicle set? No. This explains the price, that was also revised to be traded for 852293 Castle Giant Chess Set which is worth $800. I would estimate the first Toa kanohi prototypes to $400 - $500, but you know, the real price is the price somebody would be ready to pay to acquire it...

About the first Toa prototypes, I would have a different point of view, as there are some significant differences in some parts, and these are really interesting for long lasting Bionicle fans! I would estimate them to $800 - $1200, higher price for Toa Pohatu if coming with the rock prototype. But as said, it's a high price for plastic parts, as some people will only see it.

Good luck to you,

fifi2004

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...