Pieces that should have been used more

Indigogeek

Damaracx 7.0 recentlly posted a topic asking about overused pieces. What do you guys think are some pieces that should have been used more in bionicles run? This is different than your favorite kanohi for example, where it's hard to incorporate. What are some pieces that you think could have been used more in sets?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Different color Metru Eyes. We had more then green and orange! Then they took it away :'(Lhikan's swords, rhotuka shields, vahki blades, Antroz's wings (preferably in different colors for rahi mocs) hordika weapons, more stuff in pearl gold (it was such an underused color) there were some others that ill post later.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

(rambling warning)Those armor things in the Stars sets are cool-looking and really useful for MOCing, but they only come in four colors and haven't appeared in any waves before or since. Other than that, uh... hockey skates are cool too, but they're only in three colors in ten sets total (three of them Bionicle)... Silver rahkshi heads are really useful as well, but they're only in one set; same thing with pearl gold Nuva shoulder armor... Oh, and also three-axle hubs. You can never have too many three-axle hubs. (You can never have too many open ball joints, either, but those are fairly common...) And Turahk staff ends were by far the coolest rahkshi staff ends, but aside from Turahk and Norik they were only in the rarest parts tub and some promotional thing.There's certainly more I'm not thinking of. Suffice to say there's a lot of parts they could've done more with.Edit:

Different color Metru Eyes.

YES. Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

Gali Mistika's shoulder armor was raaaaaaad. And yet it only showed up in like two other sets. What a waste.

Also most Glatorian weapons were only used the one time. Ackar's fire piece was awesome, and it would have been glorious in blue. not that Tahu's marbled one wasn't cool, but we needed more.

Also all the helmets/masks from 2004 onwards needed more recolors.

AXKP5KC.png

I always felt that more use could have been gotten out of the Visorak "undercarriage" piece. But having tried to use it in MOCs, I can understand how limiting it could be compared to a custom-built solution.

Other than that... I can't think of anything.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 3 weeks later...

Gears. The functions from the earlier sets were one of my favourite things about set construction.

This.

I also would've liked to have seen more of Lhikan's swords, Kopaka's sword, and and Krika's front legs. They were all really cool pieces.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 3 weeks later...

My have to be mostly of the Kanohi mask but recolor (like the Great Huna) and Inika shoulder armor (Mostly In Dark Green) And the biggies thing of all is the pic below this text (breaking the 4th wall is fun)

4235786.jpg

Enough said.

Yes, i 101% agree with you, that piece help me a lot in MOC, mostly with my selfMOC Riaso. It be awesome to see them in purple and red.

More purple in general would have been great.

I agree with you, because everyone (mostly me) Love Purple plus it be awesome to see other Kanohi Mask in purple

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

More Kanohi masks.

You mean from a collectible standpoint, like mask packs? Because I can't see how there was any shortage of Kanohi in Bionicle (a new canister-sized hero without a brand new kanohi was the exception, not the rule).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 months later...

I think it's the short metru eyes. I would have loved to get it in more colors, and it's better for use with older mask. I would have liked the metru mask in other colors along with other more recent mask.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

4235786.jpg

Enough said.

I agree, this should have been released in more colours, especially some more useful ones.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I hated how they reused the Toa Metru masks for the Voya Nui Matoran, even if they were in slightly lighter colors. they should have at least mixed them up a bit, like giving Dalu a Mahiki or something like that.

all the Voya Nui Matorans but Dalu have the same color mask as the Toa Metru (Dalu mask was a lot lighter then Nokama.

Of what i think Dalu keep the Rau in the color they she have it in, Piruk with the Huna, Velika with the Ruru, Balta with the Matatu, Kazi with the Komau, and Garan with the Mahiki.

I agree with just about everyone's list, but I'd also like to add GEARS! GEARS GEARS GEARS! Those things were so much fun! Even if you didn't use them in a MOC to make it look awesome, you'd have yourself a some more Bionicle currency!

What about Steampunks for the gears

I agree with just about everyone's list, but I'd also like to add GEARS! GEARS GEARS GEARS! Those things were so much fun! Even if you didn't use them in a MOC to make it look awesome, you'd have yourself a some more Bionicle currency!

What about Steampunks for the gears

That too.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like they could have used the Bohrok face plates more. So much potential. Also, Kratta. They could have totally brought Kratta back as a collectible back in 2008 with all these Makuta flying around. I dunno, that was something I feel like the Makuta were lacking for them to feel like they were the same species as Teridax. Oh yeah, and I agree with everyone else.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I feel like they could have used the Bohrok face plates more. So much potential. Also, Kratta. They could have totally brought Kratta back as a collectible back in 2008 with all these Makuta flying around. I dunno, that was something I feel like the Makuta were lacking for them to feel like they were the same species as Teridax. Oh yeah, and I agree with everyone else.

hate to be nitpicky, but it's "kraata." but yeah, I would have liked it if they had brought them back.

20795.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Kanohi. 'Nuff said.

Are you talking about more different Kanohi or Kanohi in different colors. Because i don't think there should be new Kanohi mask but i do like to see Kanohi mask in different color (like Great Huna and Ruru in Dark Purple). But i do like to see different Glatorian Helmets.

Okay, I have to say the Hordika chest plate.50926.gif IT HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!

I do like to see that as well but in different colors then just silver.

It's hard to say which parts I'd have liked to see more. Most of the parts that were incredibly useful were pretty widely-used.

Ummm... I really liked Carapar's leg armor (even more than Kalmah's, which I felt had a super-specialized texture). Like Kalmah and Takadox's leg armor, it had lots of connection points, meaning it could be used on either the front or the side of a leg beam, not to mention on other parts of a build like the torso or as the seat cushion of a vehicle. Sadly, no other BIONICLE set used it in any color other than the original (and difficult to use) blend of Flame Yellowish Orange and Transparent Brown. Thankfully, Power Miners provided that piece in Bright Blue, a much more versatile color.

It would have been nice to have Rahkshi feet in more normal colors rather than the metallic variants the Rahkshi used. They make really poor feet for most models, but as torso armor they can be quite stylish. The only non-metallic colors they came in were Dark Stone Grey, Earth Blue, and Earth Green. Though I suppose that's better than nothing.

Toa Metru Matau's Aero Slicers were an incredibly nice-looking weapon piece, and back in the day I really wanted them to appear in more sets. I can see why they weren't, though. The hilt guards that wrapped around the underside of the hand made them much more difficult to use effectively than other similar-sized blades like the classic Air Katanas.

I know a lot of people have been asking about Toa Metru eyestalks in different colors. Personally, I disliked many of the eye colors used for the Toa Metru because they weren't fluorescent like most of the Toa Mata eye colors. Thus, they didn't look very exciting or glowy at all except when backlit. However, I WOULD have loved for that piece to appear in Transparent Fluorescent Blue, the same eye color as Toa Mata Kopaka and any blue-eyed Agori and Glatorian. Better yet, I'd have loved if this piece came in the full trifecta of post-2003 fluorescent colors. (Tr. Fluore. Green, Tr. Fluore. Reddish-Orange, and Tr. Fluore. Blue). With that said, I loved how the 2006 and 2008 sets used just two eye colors as color-coding to identify "good" and "evil" characters.

I know a lot of people have been asking about Toa Metru eyestalks in different colors. Personally, I disliked many of the eye colors used for the Toa Metru because they weren't fluorescent like most of the Toa Mata eye colors. Thus, they didn't look very exciting or glowy at all except when backlit. However, I WOULD have loved for that piece to appear in Transparent Fluorescent Blue, the same eye color as Toa Mata Kopaka and any blue-eyed Agori and Glatorian. Better yet, I'd have loved if this piece came in the full trifecta of post-2003 fluorescent colors. (Tr. Fluore. Green, Tr. Fluore. Reddish-Orange, and Tr. Fluore. Blue). With that said, I loved how the 2006 and 2008 sets used just two eye colors as color-coding to identify "good" and "evil" characters.

so true. it would have been nice if they did that with the Toa Nuva Phantoka/Mistika sets, instead of changing the colors of the Toa's eyes (I'll never understand why they did that)

20795.jpg