Pieces that should have been used more

Indigogeek

I know a lot of people have been asking about Toa Metru eyestalks in different colors. Personally, I disliked many of the eye colors used for the Toa Metru because they weren't fluorescent like most of the Toa Mata eye colors. Thus, they didn't look very exciting or glowy at all except when backlit. However, I WOULD have loved for that piece to appear in Transparent Fluorescent Blue, the same eye color as Toa Mata Kopaka and any blue-eyed Agori and Glatorian. Better yet, I'd have loved if this piece came in the full trifecta of post-2003 fluorescent colors. (Tr. Fluore. Green, Tr. Fluore. Reddish-Orange, and Tr. Fluore. Blue). With that said, I loved how the 2006 and 2008 sets used just two eye colors as color-coding to identify "good" and "evil" characters.

so true. it would have been nice if they did that with the Toa Nuva Phantoka/Mistika sets, instead of changing the colors of the Toa's eyes (I'll never understand why they did that)

Because fluorescent colors stand out more than a lot of the original Toa eye colors, for color-coding good vs. evil like it said in the very post you quoted, and because the money that would be spent to introduce four new or out-of-production eye colors for just four sets would be better spent on new parts or more prominent recolors like armor. Not to mention that the Phantoka and Mistika were largely aimed at a new audience that might not have cared as much as old fans what the eye colors of the Toa were.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I really liked the "head" pieces that were first used on the Roboriders and (as I recall) only in three sets in Bionicle as armor: Nui-Jaga (For the tails), Makuta Teridax (For the feet) and Keetongu (For the leg armor). They seemed to work well in a lot of different situations whether it be bodies or leg/arm armor and were very easy to find a way to attach them.

I really liked the "head" pieces that were first used on the Roboriders and (as I recall) only in three sets in Bionicle as armor: Nui-Jaga (For the tails), Makuta Teridax (For the feet) and Keetongu (For the leg armor). They seemed to work well in a lot of different situations whether it be bodies or leg/arm armor and were very easy to find a way to attach them.

Actually, they appeared in far more sets than that: 8538 Muaka and Kane-Ra, 8557 Exo-Toa, 8594 Jaller and Gukko, 8761 Roodaka, and 10023 Master Builder Kit. They were also a common piece in many Technic-intensive themes like Racers, so unlike a lot of the BIONICLE part requests in this topic that aren't available in a lot of colors, that piece is still very accessible to MOCists.

I agree that's a great piece that BIONICLE could have possibly gotten a lot more use out of.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the Mask Packs those were so awesome, so many different colours to choose from for mocing with the later masks you had to paint it if you wanted it a different color.

Hahli Mistika's Shoulder Pads where among my favorite Armor pieces I'm surprised they didn't use it more.

B9jyQ_9IIAIinc0.png

Hahli Mistika's Shoulder Pads where among my favorite Armor pieces I'm surprised they didn't use it more.

You mean Gali? Anyway, that piece was decent as a building element, but I can see why it wasn't used more often. Unlike most "shell" pieces, the only part of it that actually wrapped around the limb was the connection point. Otherwise it left the front and back of a limb completely bare. And while perhaps a titan/warrior set could have managed the complexity to "fill in the gaps", for a typical canister set that kind of thing was undesirable compared to more solid-looking armor like the shoulder shells from the Toa Inika or Toa Mahri Matoro. It was also less useful than the Toa Inika shoulder armor in that it it had far fewer connection points.