IC:

"Same here." Alistair noted cheerfully, gesturing back to the hangar. "By the look of things, I'll get some more repairs to do very shortly."

IC:

"D'you ever get that strange feeling that the rest of the world started moving while you weren't looking?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Same here." Alistair noted cheerfully, gesturing back to the hangar. "By the look of things, I'll get some more repairs to do very shortly."

IC:

"D'you ever get that strange feeling that the rest of the world started moving while you weren't looking?"

IC: Holly Yuan

"The world's always moving," commented Holly as she walked to them, having finished polishing her unit.

IC:

"It happens." Was Alistair's only answer, and an off-hand one at that, as he broke into a dead run back towards the hangar. The Spiral Enforcer was at full capacity, which was fortunate as he was acutely aware that their effective fighting force was down three machines. Gwen's had been totaled, Elijah's wasn't in fighting shape after his last outing, and... Well, best not to dwell on the last one. He was alive.

The pilot skidded to a stop, yanking the cables that had been connecting the Enforcer to his workstation out of their sockets.

IC:

Abraham hadn't been around long, but what he did know left him with only one logical conclusion as to what the alarms meant. Vanessa and Gwen had both loosened their grips, distracted by the sirens blaring, and the foreigner used that fact to his advantage. He rapidly exhaled, causing his chest to compress and permitting him to slip out of Vanessa's arms, dancing away from Gwen's grasp upon his ankles despite favoring his right.

"Got to get to the Zephyr." He stated, beginning to hobble rapidly in that direction without further explanation... Until he stopped dead, remembering the state his machine had been left in. The determined look fell away from his face.

"... Right."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Eli

I swung my legs over the side of the bed once they were free, careful not to twist my back too much and reopen the gash there. My head spun from sitting up suddenly, I must've been still missing a bit of blood. I payed it no mind, reaching to get my armored gloves. I stood up once I slipped them onto my hands, and started to clip together my flight harness over my chest.

"Gwen, Vanessa, Garry go. I'll take care of Ray Of Sunshine over here," I said to the three of them, moving over to Abe.

IC: Robot Comm

A burst of static filled D.A.N.E.'s audioreceptors before resolving into the mechanized monotone of a robot. "Unit D.A.N.E.," it spoke, "Report to Tenchi Bridge for assault. Attack team is lead by Unit Tykon."

OOC: Things are gettin started c:

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

The Cutie was scrap-metal and the Zephyr wasn't flying any time soon and the Celeritas was in shambles, which basically left three of EXO-FORCE's finest without rides into battle.

Or, I mean, it would have.

If we couldn't grab some spare mechs for the time being.

"Vanessa, do you have a communication device of some kind? I think I left my comlink in Eli's cockpit."

---

OOC: meanwhile

i want to get in on this robot action

Name: Devastator Unit S-040, alternatively designated “Soho”

Species: Robot

Appearance: Soho’s most distinguishing feature is its general lack of armour -- much of its outer casing was removed to ensure less bulk and more flexibility. Because of this, it only wears a specially modified set of armour, and only over its head, chest, shins and forearms -- the rest of its body is exposed, revealing wires, servos and other sundry internal components. Its eyes, through a strange quirk of design, are grey-blue in colour, opposed to the usual scarlet of its compatriots.

Skill(s): Soho is a growing expert in human culture and psychology, and because of this, has been assigned as one of the many machines responsible for interrogating captured humans. It’s unorthodox methods of combat on the battlefield, relying on disorienting and crippling enemies, rather than brute force, make it an asset in a battle mech as well.
Personality: Generally considered a deviant among robots, Soho has an obsession with humanity; it finds them genuinely fascinating and strangely alluring. Devilishly clever, curiously unorthodox and deeply philosophical, Soho is quick-witted and sharp-tongued; it holds little respect for authority should the Powers That Be try to stifle its plans. What humour it possesses is dark and suited for the gallows, and it has been known to be utterly ruthless and underhanded, both on the battlefield and in the interrogation chambers.
Weakness(es): Soho’s eccentric and opinionated behaviour often leads it to offend the wrong people at the wrong time, and its lack of armour leaves it vulnerable to direct attacks.

Mech
Designation: Oz
Type: Fire Vulture
Equipment: 

• Left and Right Shoulders: Powerful light dazzlers (causes temporary blindness and disorientation -- length of symptoms varies depending on the victim)
  • Right Hand: Laser gatling gun
  • Left Hand: Modified titanium power saw (smaller than usual, with improved mobility around the “wrist”)
  • Torso: EMP cannon, capable of disrupting any particularly delicate instruments within a five foot radius of the impact zone. However, this weapon requires approximately five minutes of charge time, and drains a third of the battle machine’s total energy capacity (a last-resort sort of weapon).

Appearance: Smoother and sleeker than the norm and painted pitchblack, Oz’s cabin is filled with extra sensor arrays and retro-fitted control add-ons, making it even more cramped than usual. On its left shoulder is a stylized picture of a robot head done in simple silver.

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Ratchet Gordon

"Wait for me" the straw-chewing pilot called as he realized what the problem was.

The White Wraith was in good enough shape, he decided. It was time to give the clankers payback for his last run-in with them.

"I've got your back" he called to Alistair as he ran by.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vanessa di Lombardy - Tusculum

Vanessa's only answer was a spare comlink being tossed in the younger girl's direction, the woman having immediately shifted into a battle-ready state, running towards the hangars. Unlike the others in the infirmary (disregarding the recently-arrived Garry), the Tusculum was still in perfect condition, though as a long-range unit, as long as she could fire then she would be capable of assisting in battle. She quickly navigated the twists and turns of the hallways, skidding into the hangar and stopping right next to her mech.

It was time to move out.

IC: Garry - G-MACHINE

"Make sure you and him are both safe and healthy alright?" said Garry sternly, his eyebrows furrowed with concern. "Don't do anything stupid, understood?"

IC: Holly Yuan - BETELGEUSE

Time to get back in the mech.

>Booting up OS

Jump in the cockpit. Disconnect the plugs. Boot up systems.

Weapons green. Engine is green. Betelgeuse is ready to rumble.

"Holly Yuan. BETELGEUSE. Ready when you are."

IC: Christina stood in silence as the whirr of mechanoid arms surrounded her, making adjustments to her suit. Her claw was replaced with the most powerful shielding generator that her suit could support, the laser blaster exchanged for a powerful plasma blade. She was ready. She smiled slightly, her mechanical eye glowing in the darkness.

The distinctive screech of the only Reaping Banshee in existence flew past the assembled robot soldiers at absurd speeds, landing out in front of them and turning to address them, the sound going silent as the overcharge on the jetpack dissipated.

"Indentification: Unit TYR. I'll be commanding this operation. The humans are weak. Command has seen fit to attack before they can recover."

Christina didn't mention the secondary objective of her mission, and the reason she was leading the force. The robots had made the logical decision, placing the fastest, most agile mech they had in the most risky part of the battlefield. They didn't care that she was an individual, that she was different from the other robots, those piloting the Thunder Fury, Venom, two Fire Vultures, and four Sentries accompanying her, all of them beginning their movement across the bridge.

At least the machines were honest about it.

Edited by Joseph Cooper

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Thanks Vanessa!" I called after her, already bringing the comlink up to one ear.

"Hey, my pretties!" I said into the mic with a smile. "As you can probably tell from the alarm and - okay, Larry, I need you to stop whoever's screaming from screaming, thanks - er, the alarm and the frantic movement of pilots and mechanics around the hanger ... Maggie, what do you mean you're not in the hanger, where are yo--

"Well, why are you still in the cafeteria? We're in the moment of crisis, sister! Hop to it! Anyway, yeah, robots are attacking, and, like three of us are missing battle mechs right now ... yeah, me, Frosty, and the new guy. No, Gregory, I don't know if he's single, can you focus please? Yeah, yeah, we need some loaner mechs, do you think you can do that? Mmm, mmm, sweet, thanks babies!"

I shut off the comlink and turned to Eli and Abe with a big grin.

"They're looking for some temporary mechs for us, boys. Don't worry!"

---

IC:

"--bzzzt-- ... Unit D.A.N.E.? D.A.N.E, are you present and functional?"

The arm of a pitch black Fire Vulture waved in the direction of the Armour Piercing, an action which was mimicked by the Devastator unit currently standing in its cockpit while it continued trying to raise its fellow over the comlink systems.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"I don't know why this Gregory needs to know if I am one entity, but yes, there's one of me." Abraham supplied helpfully, seeming somewhat relieved by the prospect of a loaner machine. Though he did seem perplexed by one thing.

"... One small question about these loaner mechs."

"... How do your controls work?"

IC:

"Spiral Enforcer operating at maximum capacity." A few clicks preempted the whir of motors as the machine surged to life, screens and controls suddenly active in Alistair's hands. A few twitches of the controls as he put the machine through its paces experimentally, then ceased once he was satisfied that his repairs had been effective.

"Waiting for launch orders."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Though inefficient, there shall be sufficient time for this 'small-talk'."

The new voice joined the comm line without identification, though examination of the signal could reveal the unit's designation. A new unit signature appeared on the robots' tactical layout, its IFF identifying it as a modified Fire Vulture piloted by a mechanoid designated Panzer-009. The machine itself became visible moments later, approaching the bridge fully equipped.

Panzer would have preferred that the next assault wait for completion of the Jaeger. Unfortunately, the assaults did not follow his timetable. As such he was forced to set out in the Vernichten. As he finished minute calibrations to the suit's targeting systems, the telemetry data for his primary weapon appearing on his HUD, he focused a fraction of his processing power to verifying his comrades' capabilities. 

"Vernichten shall eliminate the targets before its presence is noted."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I thought so too," I replied, "They're great at handling delicate objects ."

And then Abe nearly killed me with innocence.

"I think I can kinda walk, but remind me to have a talk with Abe once all this is over."

"And don't worry man, I had a look at your mech's controls and they're not really different than those of an Uplink. We should have a backup one that Gwen hasn't dismantled for parts yet."

I glanced over at her, and gave a grin, "And I call dibs on that White Lightning sitting around."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

I pouted.

"I guess that's Uplinks for us, then, Abie."

OOC: And speaking of Uplinks....

Designation: The Loan Ranger

Type: Uplink

Equipment: 

Right Hand: Dual-barrelled laser cannon

Left Hand: Rocket launcher

Appearance: Your average Uplink. A little scuffed up. Nothing fancy.

IC:

Had Soho been capable of emotion, it may have been slightly put-out by its fellows' blatant disregard for its attempts at conversation.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending where you sat), it didn't have any feelings to hurt.

It just started humming Somewhere Over the Rainbow and flew into battle.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Garry - G-MACHINE

The colossus of steel maneuvered itself onto the bridge, its titanic mass ready to throw itself into the fray. G-MACHINE was a fearsome unit, capable of withstanding nearly any blow.

And it would ensure that everyone got out alive today.

"Everybody is in position?" He asked, noting the IFF signals of his colleagues. "Good, now let's ma- Eli, what are you doing here?"

"Sorry Garry," I said to the middle-aged pilot over the comm, my hands flying over the unfamilar control board of the White Lightning. Booster were hanging around reasonable temperatures and the control surfaces weren't sticking, so I was happy enough. Glad the techs back down on the ground kept even the machines in storage in good repair. It had taken some maneuvering to get inside the cockpit of the mech, something which Gwen and I shall never speak of again, but there was no way I was gonna stay out of this fight. Besides, highspeed aerial acrobatics and the resultant g-forces weren't likely to open up my wounds, right?

Pity these things didn't come standard with close-range weapons, what I would give to see an electro-blade in the hands of this baby. I didn't even have hands right now, just two giant gatling lasers sticking out of each arm. Ah well, at least that meant I didn't have to move so much in the cockpit. Both of them were charged and ready, and currently pointed to the mass of tin can hardware on the otherside of the bridge. Still out of their effective range, as the HUD plastered across the windscreen felt it necessary to remind me, but it never hurt to be prepared.

I was running interference and support, the White Lightning being fast enough to outrun most machs its size and bigger. Some small part of me liked to think that it was also because I was the best aerial pilot we had on hand as well.

"But have you seen the size of that force? Looks like you could use all the help you can get."

Speaking of help...

"Abe how's it going for you?"

Alright, maybe I didn't want to see the newbie get spread out across the bridge like a new paintjob, but I still didn't trust him to follow instructions.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Christin took off, hovering in the middle of the robot line, sensors feeding mech types and specifications to her display. A special program her robot overlords had planted in the array added percentages to each mech's icon.

Reading suitability.

Gate Defender: 10%

Grand Titan: 0%

Supernova 1: 10%

Supernova 2: 10%

Uplink 1: 40%

Uplink 2: 40%

White Lightning 1: 70%

White Lightning 2: 60%

Christina bit her lower lip. 70% wasn't much of a chance to risk her life on. Still... The closest was the other Lightning, and that tinted cockpit gave her chills... She smirked, mechanical fingers clenching into a fist. Bet this flyboy thought he was the fastest thing in the air. Time to put that to the test. The Hunt's main engine powered up, turning the slight hovering into flight. She sent the fire-at-will order to the other robot troops, giving no words of good luck to her fellow soldiers as she blasted off toward the ordinary looking White Lightning.

Robots didn't believe in luck.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

I didn't get the chance to hear the reply from the foreigner, as the robots picked that opportune moment to attack in full force. Bullets and laser beams peppered out side or the bridge, not exactly hitting anything but deadly nonetheless. I yanked hard on the controls, pulling the White Lightning sharply to the side to avoid a barrage of fire. From my viewpoint up in the sky I had a great perspective on just how bad our chances were, as well as of a dark shape pulling away from the main body of the robot force. I frowned, and activated the suit of reconnaissance sensors to magnify.

Oh.

Well hello there darling, fancy meeting you here.

I certain knew that mech, barely a mech actually, and I did not like letting a score go unsettled.

So I fired up the main engines and rocketed off towards the traitor, doing what White Lightnings did best: shoot in at bone-breaking velocities guns blazing.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -