IC:Cyrista turned, shifting his focus onto the Sentries harassing the other battle machine. He began strafing then them, flying at near-supersonic speeds to throw their aim off.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:

Alistair grinned.

But this time, the grin wasn't manic. It wasn't gleeful, it wasn't full of anticipation. It was the grin of a cat about to pounce, the very definition of predatory. It was well documented among the engineers of the Sentai Fortress that Thunder Furies possessed a small weak point in their armor on either side, next to the cockpit. And behind it was a clear shot to the power core. Normally, it would be a shot only a sniper or expert marksman could make, and certainly not something that could be accomplished by a gatling gun.

Unless the weak point had been widened. And that was just what the explosion of the power core had done. The explosion hadn't done significant damage due to the Fury's armor, but it had done one very, very crucial thing; it had weakened the target area even further. The metal was softer overall, more malleable. Weaker. And so it was that by turning to the side, the Devastator had sealed his own doom. Alistair couldn't provide a pinpoint shot, but he could provide a lot of them at once.

And mere moments after he began opening fire, one found its mark. Between the already weak metal, the volley of fire, and karma finally coming around again, the shot went through. Straight to the power core.

And the bridge was once again enveloped by the explosion of an overloaded core. But this time, it wasn't the Enforcer at ground zero. It was the Fury's own allies. The second Fury's first shots went through, some pinging off and others embedding in the Supernova's armor, but the second shot, the one it would have been most important to avoid, was destroyed by the sheer energy of the explosion.

******************************************************************************************

The Zephyr banked, narrowly avoiding the shots fired, though a few pinged off of the edge of its form, leaving small dents where they impacted. The thrusters roared, the craft accelerating to more easily weave about the sky, avoiding the shots. A glance out the window confirmed the pilot's suspicions; they already had measures in place to deal with him in case he decided to strafe.They had calculated for everything they knew he could do, everything that he logically would do. So it was time for what they didn't think of.

Abruptly, he pulled into a steep, almost vertical climb. The robots's processors scrambled to compensate, adjust their aim for the new maneuver, but before they could, another variable was thrown their way; with such a steep ascension, the Zephyr stalled. The craft began to fall, rendering the adjustment to the Sentry's aim near useless, ar least until they could adjust again. But they didn't get the chance. Taking one hand off of the controls, the pilot slammed his fist into a button mounted not on the control panel, but on the side of the cockpit, far from where a control would be located if it needed to be easily reached.

Almost instantly, a command prompt appeared on the console.

Disengage mode lock?

"Disengage. System change."

There was a delay, almost imperceptible, while the Zephyr's systems followed the command prompt to a long, almost forgotten, sequence. Mid-fall, the craft began to change. Wings split and folded, the cockpit vanished into a mass of moving parts, as armor plates slid closed around it. After a few seconds, a pattern began to emerge, just in time for the craft to drop beneath the clouds, on what was almost certainly a spiral to its doom.

OOC: Almost forgot to mention it; the weak point on the Fury's side isn't something I came up with. It was established in an earlier fight, somewhere around page three.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Gwen -- Tenchi Bridge

In the corner of my eyes, I spotted an R-1 Rammer pumping round after round of plasma into a stationary Supernova -- not the best thing to see during a battle, that is. I looked back at the Kazebushi, quickly reasoning that Sakajima would be fine for another few moments while I took care of some business.

Switching directions, I charged at the Rammer pounding the armoured shell of the machine designated Betelgeuse, opening up my laser cannons on the robots -- if not to take them out, at least to soften them up for the real spectacle.

(Cue maniacal laughter)

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Holly Yuan (BETELGEUSE) ~ Tenchi Bridge

The Betelgeuse swerved around, dropping down as the Rammer's shots bounced off its armour. Holly winced as her mech was rocked by blasts - she should have noticed the other robot earlier, instead of focusing on the Thunder Fury units. But now that she had noticed it, it seemed that one of her colleagues was attacking it.

"Thanks," she called out, even as she prepared another bolt of plasma.

IC: Garry (G-MACHINE) ~ Tenchi Bridge

"Sakajima! Do not die out there, or I will be coming for you in heaven, got it?"

Garry gripped tightly on his controls as his titanic machine began to retreat, the attacks from the enemy phalanx beginning to take its toll. His coilguns were firing rapidly, hoping to take down at least some of the robots, but he knew he was running out of ammunition.

"I need someone to try and shepherd them in front of me," he said, opening up a channel.

Name: Jessica ChenGender: FemaleAge: 18Species: HumanAppearance: Jessica has black, long hair which she wears down and hazel eyes. Her overall body shape looks is thin and fit, as if she excersises often. She wears a grey and red suit to match her mech.Skills: Piloting mechs, mechanical work, close combat.Personality: Hot-headed and passionate about the war against robots, Jessica will give it her all to fight robots and protect those dear to her. Weaknesses: Due to her impulsiveness, she does not usually form a plan when in battle, and can also get herself in some hairy situations at times.Mech:Designation: Bolt BattlerType: Modified SupernovaEquipment: The Bolt Battler is modified to have jet boosters on it's legs which allow it to make mighty leaps and glid, giving it slightly more mobility. The left arm has a circular buzzsaw which can double as a shield to deflect attacks. There is also a holster for a laser pistol on the right leg. The shoulders also contain missile launchers inside.Appearance: Main body is grey and has red streaks.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC:

If he keeps firing at a Fury, he's going nowhere. So he then he re-aimed at some Sentries and fired. Easy targets, since the cockpit is practically open. Plus not much armor on it either.

IC:

'Ranger' then stepped back a bit, seeing gun fire going at the Sentries. He then saw one battle machine trying to take on a Thunder Fury. He aimed with his rifle, and began to fire at it.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:

I would have posted sooner, but av just sort of teleported away from my character after mine had just asked him a question.

IC: Jack Storm

Jack stood under his mech, fixing the broken gun. His mech had really taken a beating in the fight, but he hadn't realized it until he had looked at it after Cyrista had left.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Oh, Gravity, I updated my profile with the new suit.

IC:Gunzer-001

49 minutes until shutdown..

I hope the robot troops make good use of this map..

OOC: He's sent a Real-Time updating map of the battlefield to the fighting Robots.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC: Gwen -- Tenchi Bridge

The pilots of the Rammer, evidently intelligent enough to understand that being in a rapidly deteriorating vehicle was not a good thing, turned the attention of their gatling gun over to the newest, most dangerous target in the area -- yours truly. Within moments of my initial attack, the Cutie was showered in laser bolts, forcing me to take immediate evasive action. My machine's right arm rose to block the shots aimed at my person, and with each successful strike I felt the Cutie's frame buckle.

A thousand scenarios for a counter-attack flashed in my mind, and in seconds the impossible plans were discarded, the plausible plans were examined, the possible problems rectified, and the necessary maneuvers calculated. My fingers flew across the controls, and the with the precision timing of an Olympic athlete, I pushed my mech up into a leap across the robots' turret. Enemy fire followed me through the air, but my flight was a hair quicker than the rotation of the machine's cannon, giving me enough time to land and twist around till the Cutie's left arm was facing the Rammer.

"BATH-TIME KIDS!~"

A tap of my controller later, and the robots were flash-frozen, a pool of liquid nitrogen slowly forming underneath of them. I take a moment to admire my handy work, before--

"I need someone to try and shepherd them in front of me," came the voice of G-Machine's own, Garry, who was busy blowing any robots in his viewing reticule to microscopic pieces. One shrug later, and I was running up the side of the Tenchi, trying to herd (read: shoot at) the remaining Sentries into proper position.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Mech modifications approved, Wanderer.

Aaaaaaand profile. For me. It's mine.

Name: Elijah Frost

Species: Human

Appearance: Not exactly tall and imposing, Elijah's around average height with an athletic, lean build. His features are sharp and angular, with a shifty grin and maniac glint in his unusually purple eyes that makes it look like this guy's had waaaaaaay too much caffeine this morning. Though the dark circles around his eyes contrast sharply with this image. His stark white hair is spiked in accordance to what most Exo-Force pilots have taken to doing.

Skill: A great pilot with the ability to quickly analyze situations. Thinks fast, and often times improvises on the spot. He's a fairly good martial artist, even though he probably doesn't train as much as he should.

Personality: Casual and nonchalant, his extremely laid back personality is at odds with the hot temperament he displays when piloting his Battle Machine. Though he can be reckless and almost completely uncaring of his own personal well being, he's loyal to and protective of his friends. Harbors a deep, simmering grudge against the Robots, taking the war far too personally.

Weaknesses: The hot headed attitude that surfaces from time to time can get him in situations that can be not too good. That, combined with his casual disregard for his own safety doesn't make for a good combination.

Mech:

Designation: Celeritas Sum

Type: Stealth Hunter

Equipment:

• Hands: Electro Blades- Dual-pronged weapons attached to the mech's “wrists”, running along the length of the hands, the blades are super-heated and are capable of sending out a powerful electric shock on impact.
  • Shoulders: Micro Cluster Missiles- Hidden behind panels on each shoulder are a collection of missiles, with just enough being stored to allow them to be used as the mech's primary ranged weapon.
  • Torso: Solid-Fuel Boosters- Mounted on the back of the Battle Machine are a pair of additional vent-directed jets that have their own fuel source, and allow for boosts of massive speed.

Appearance: Fairly standard design for a Stealth Hunter, even if it looks slightly more aerodynamic in shape. The original white color scheme has been replaced with a completely matte-black one, with various electric blue circuit-like designs covering it. The wings on the shoulders of the mech fold down when traveling fast, running along it's back.

Notes: N/A

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Sakajima Nori (Oh dear...)

The shifting battle lanced through the open channels until I could barely focus on dodging the enormous blows that rent holes straight through the Tenchi Bridge. Large saw-toothed gaps had appeared in the infrastructure, forcing me to manually jump over death traps in Kazebushi. Shen handled like liquid for a mech, flowing smoothly from a jump into a direct attack, then a block, then an attack again. My gaze flickered manically from the Core energy icon on my HUD screen attached to the headset to the real-time actions -- I had five minutes, probably less, before Kazebushi would run out of reserve power.

"I'll do my best Garry-san;" my reply was heavy, my lips covered in a dried film of saliva from exertion; "but I'm not so sure Kazebushi is gonna pull through like I originally thought. This Fury is like fighting, well, a modified Thunder -- gah! -- Fury with too much information on how we act." I stopped speaking, focusing all my attention on halting the swing of the chainsaw blade with my tachi. The carbon alloy my blade was made of withstood the ratcheting links of the gigantic weapon, but hairline cracks had started to appear during the fight. Any minute now my weapon was going to break.

Weapon or power? Tough choice.

With a heave on the manual system, I through my left and right arm out in a synchronized swirl, letting the blade pass over Kazebushi safely by a meter. Another hole in the bridge was born with the screaming of metal. That scream could be me, I thought, fear finally beginning to creep into my adrenaline charged mind. "Garry-San, why do are these robots smashing against us so hard? We've never had such a mass co-ordinated attack before. It doesn't makes sense for them to waste everything, they're too well programmed to be suicidal. What's going on that we don't know about?"

I pushed past a gap on the bridge, using the momentum of the jump to slide across the slick, metal surface. Spinning clockwise in a circle, I slashed with a violent power at the sparking knee, hoping to rend something with probably my last attack. Sweat flew off my face, splattering the inside of my HUD until I could barely read the millions of colored lights and diagnostics. My palms were clammy, and fidgeted within the manual controls, but despite my fatigue I put everything into this desperate move.

"GRYAAAAAAAA!!!"

Edited by Kughii

IC:Josh Hu"Perfect." Josh muttered when his shot blew open a hole in the Thunder Fury's leg. "Now there's a weak point." Josh knew he had to actfast, Sakijima was in trouble. Locking on to the hole, Josh fired several laser rounds at the exposed hole.IC: Jessica ChenIf anyone looked up at that moment, they would see a grey and red Supernova fall into the battlefield, firing at airborne enemies before it hit the ground with a tremor. "Sorry I couldn't make it earlier guys, my mech needed some charging. Who needs help?" she asked, firing into a crowd of Sentries.

Edited by JiMing

IC:The robot's processors were works of art, genius, really. They could recall almost instantly every foe they had encountered, and know how best to attack. They always knew when a target had been disabled or destroyed, they knew when their mission had been accomplished. So when the Zephyr tumbled from the sky, vanishing beneath the cloud layer, the Iron Drones gave it little thought.

"Target eliminated." One of them reported over the comm channel, turning back towards the battlefield's remaining human combatants. Their battle calculations were already shifting, ceasing to consider the airborne unit a viable threat, focusing primarily on the G-Machine and the units behind it. A few of the humans might have shaken their heads, that an ally was taken down so easily, and so quickly, but most were too preoccupied to think much of anything. But seconds later, that all changed.

Barely audible above the din of the battlefield, a pair of thrusters kicked into action, and a dark blue blur shot up over the edge of the bridge. The screech of metal on metal heralded its arrival, though it was the clang of metal clattering to the ground that truly drew attention. Standing above a bisected Sentry, the Iron Drone pilot cut clean down the middle, was a tall blue mechanoid. A sword was held in one hand, a shield in the other, as it towered over all other machines in the immediate vicinity. Its head pivoted, optics flaring as it locked on to its next target-

And then it vanished into a blue blur of motion. Its foot-mounted thrusters propelled it forward, using them almost as skates as it shot across the battlefield. Its shield protected its torso from attacks, though none where immediately forthcoming; the more primitive Iron Drones couldn't keep up, couldn't calculate for such an unknown variable. A short distance away, the shield was lowered and the sword was held in front like a lance, skewering the next Sentry on the end of the blade. As it flew, the Zephyr yanked up on the blade, slicing through the armor between the weapon and the cockpit, destroying the pilot within.

Pulling the weapon free, it charged forward, shield raised, ready to eliminate the next Sentry.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:Damage reports flashed across the pilot's control panel. The damage was minimal, but it was there. Not that he paid much attention. His eyes were fixed on the machine in front of him, the one that had just landed dead center of his line of sight. There was something different about this one. It wasn't a thought based on fact, or even on logic, but it was there just the same.

This one had the chance to strike from behind, maybe end it. It was clear from the weapons it currently wielded that they could have cut him down from behind, perhaps could have ended the fight before it started. But instead, they fired a few shots before presenting themselves. This wasn't an act of pragmatism. This was more honorable. The Zephyr slowed to a stop, hovering just above the the surface of the deck. The machine adopted a standard ready stance, one of a form of swordfighting that centered around a sword and a shield.

After a moment's thought, he opened a comm channel to the nearby machine, deciding to test his suspicions.

"I do believe the ball is, as they say, in your court."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "You're a smart one. Not like most of your kind."Christina shrugged, her nerve transmissions causing the Hunt to shrug too. "Wish there were more like you way back when. Might not have..."She stepped into a ready stance, gatling gun folding away to prevent damage.A quick movement later and her left blade slashed toward the Zephyr, snapping back rapidly.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Josh Hu

Josh fired sporadically at the Thunder Fury's exposed leg, desperately not trying to hit Sakajima.

IC: Jessica Chen

Jessica looked up and saw the Zephyr, quickly firing a few laser rounds at it's back.

OOC: Uh, JiMing? The Zehpyr is a human machine. Even though unknown, the pilot announced himself over an open channel.

IC:

"I'm afraid I can't comment on that," The pilot replied, as the Zephyr angled to the right, both presenting a smaller target to the Hunt, and blocking the sword blow with the battle machine's shield. In the process, he narrowly avoided most of the fired shots, though a few lasers grazed the rear of his machine. "Seeing as I just got here.""I am curious, however, why there seems to be one human fighting alongside the machines, instead of the other humans."

fK5oqYf.jpg

There was a certain nimbleness to the robots that humans did not possess, which was why despite the fact that he was hammering the enemy phalanx with everything he possessed, whether they be his turrets or coilguns, very few of them had fallen. Of course, he was successfully holding them back, which was good enough, because the alternative was being swarmed by an army of robots. Not that he could really keep up the barrage much longer - his ammo reserves were running low.

So Garry inwardly cheered when he saw a Sentry fall, disabled by a well-placed bullet.

OOC: Staff-approved.

When a Thunder Fury stopped, shook, and dropped over the side of the bridge, Garry wondered if he would be more effective if his machine was armed with more guns. Seeing another of the enemy fall was good, but if he ran out of bullets every time he tried to fight a battle, then it would not help at all.

OOC: Also staff-approved.

IC:Cyrista was listening in on Christina and Azure's conversation when he heard her statement about owing them. "So for mere technologic tricks you turn your back on humanity?" he broadcast into their feed. "Imagine," he murmured, "similar circumstances as I, yet quite different results. Perhaps I should try to convince her back to our side over time."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Zyki (Battle)

'Ah, curses.'

Firing off a last few shots, Escape stows its pistols as its pilot speaks, preparing herself for what she's about to do.

"Alright, I'm jumping into the fray, Garry. Nori needs to be saved.. again. Watch your back, I'm not on it anymore."

And with that, the modified Sentry leaped upwards, landing for a split-second on the G-Machine's shoulders before launching upwards again, wrist blades already extending.

"You better not have died, Sakajima..."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: (Robot Force)

The phalanx of the original assault was in shambles. Three of their number were slain by the humans, only lifeless bits and pieces of once glorious warriors. The four remaining sentries decided to make a tactical retreat behind D-8015, just keeping outside of the mech's larger defenses long enough to fire bursts of Laser fire at the collection of human mecha across the bridge. But it was already too late, for the massive coilguns mounted on the G-Machine had been laying down an impressive amount of fire at the former-phalanx of sentries. The Metallic slugs embedded themselves in the armor plating of one of the brown-armored mechs, tearing through circuitry and smashing the enemy mech to a pulp before it could get behind the cover of the thunder Furies. The G-Machine then turned it's large weapons towards one of the thunder furies, pounding away yet again into the other massive mech.

On one of the extendable bridges connecting to Tenchi, Alistar was recovering from yet another close encounter with a now-scrapped Thunder fury. It's metal shell exploded in a glorious fireball, the pilot devastator's charred body flying around in the air and into the gorge. The remaining two Thunder Furies were soon seen outside Alistar's cockpit after the smoke cleared while the husk of a former battle machine crumpled in on itself. One of the surviving furies was blown away by the blast, but managed to slam it's buzzsaw arm into the thinner armor plating of the extendable bridge. A mechanized kick from the Supernova broke the wrist of the thunder fury, sending it falling to the gorge, leaving the Buzzsaw embedded in the bridge. Luckily for the robots, the final thunder fury was shielded from the blast by it's now-shredded comrade.

On the other bridge, Holly was creating a bottleneck on the other bridge. The lead thunder fury charged up his ion cannon and unleashed a blast of energy, charging at the supernova with his saw blade ready to rip through the armor.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: D-8015

The silver-armored Devastator didn't make a sound as his mech's knee buckled from the impact from the sword. While the Uplink's arm actuators weren't powerful enough to cut through the Thunder Fury's armor, even while damaged, the force was enough to snap pistons and wires normally protected from such impacts. Completely unfazed from falling to one knee, D-8015 barely noticed as laser bolts, previously aimed at his damaged knee joint, were dissipated by his mech's tanetium armor.

Instead, he was more focusing on whipping his mechs arms together in a broad arc, catching the Uplink mech that was still moving towards him in a giant hug of sorts. Too close to bring any melee weapons to bear, D-8015 did the only thing he could do. And that was let loose with his mech's chest mounted gatling laser cannon at completely point-blank range.

IC: Elijah Frost

Really, really not a good way to start your day. Well, actually, it started pretty good. Routine patrol, nothing major. Not really likely to run into any of the rustbuckets. Nice, easy mission. And then this happens, and suddenly my nice day turns into a full-out war. Which irked me a bit, well, a bit more than a bit. As such, I wasn't a happy camper as I rocketed the Celeritas towards where flashes of lasers and rocket exhausted shot through the air.

Good thing I'd engaged stealth a few hundred meters back. Didn't want any of the robots to notice me, not yet at least. Had to finish sneaking behind their lines first.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Holly Yuan (BETELGEUSE) ~ Tenchi Bridge

Holly pulled the Betelgeuse back, letting the enemy's attempt at sawing her to death strike thin air. She really wondered why the robot thought charging at her would work, especially when a Supernova was much more agile than a Thunder Fury. It was still dangerous however: the saw blade was incredibly dangerous at such a close range.

"And so am I," she muttered, clicking her mech into gear.

Her mech seemed to flash, and it ducked underneath the saw blade, grabbing onto where the weapon met the Thunder Fury's arm. Energy was channelled through the Betelgeuse, and its hands began to heat up to ridiculous levels.

OOC: Uh, avmatoran? The conversation wasn't on an open channel. Cyrista wouldn't have heard.

IC:

Like an old western movie, the two mechs stood still for a moment. The remaining Fury no doubt sizing up his opponent, the unassuming, lighter-armored Supernova that had managed to destroy four of its comrades in under a quarter of an hour. Alistair, on the other hand, knew exactly what he was dealing with. He was taking the time to scan the warnings that appeared on his command console.

Sixty seven percent armor integrity, drill temperatures higher than normal, weapons functional. Foe is a fully armed, fully functional, fully armored Thunder Fury. Which easily had more armor than a Supernova at peak condition.

This'll be fun.

Alistair knew that if this remained a ranged conflict, he would lose, and he would lose quickly. Raising the Enforcer's right arm, he began a stream of fire from his gatling gun, aimed at the Fury's cockpit. The attack wasn't meant to cause too much damage, the Fury's armor wouldn't give so easily. No, it was intended to force the robot on the defensive, capitalize on the elevation his threat level was likely given by the destroyed Furies. With any luck, his angle of attack had blocked the foe from seeing how he dispatched the first two. The Enforcer broke into a run, charging the Fury with his drill arm held back, waiting to get within melee range.

"Is that debt worth it?"The pilot questioned, not seeming to even bat an eyelid at the sight of the cybernetic enhancements. "You owe them, you probably owe them your chance to keep living based on the way you speak, but is it worth it? They kept you alive, and now you fight for them against the other humans. How can that be worth it?""Stuck among cold, unfeeling machines. Machines that run on logic, programming, machines that could never comprehend real emotion. Is that half-life, that level of loneliness, worth paying off a debt to a race with no concept of what a debt is?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You're right. They have no concept of repulsion. But I'd be willing to bet that they don't understand kindness. Or affection. Or joy." The pilot was getting through on some level. She hadn't attacked, which meant she was at least listening. His eyes darted about the battle, watching to make sure no one took a potshot at him while he was standing still. The robots were, for the most part, too occupied. But that could change.

"I'm going to let you in on something most people here don't know. Out there, beyond this mountain? There's nothing there. There is no more of "my kind". As far as I can tell, they're all dead. This is the first time in nine years I've heard any voice except my own.""And I would have taken contact with people that hated me over nothing at all any day of the week. Days upon days, weeks upon weeks, years upon years without contact to anyone that could understand me. It's miserable."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Is it? Let's assume for a second they do. You're locked up, but with regards to social interaction, you're no worse off. And you don't have to kill anymore." The pilot pointed out, watching the face displayed on his screen.

"But, they wouldn't get that chance. Somehow, I doubt they have the resources to keep you locked up. And I'll make you a deal; if they try to lock you up, I'll try to talk them down. And failing that, I'll buy you the time to get away. I'd never bother you again. But you'd have to go back to the lonely, miserable existence you lead now."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Elijah Frost

A few moments, and using both my eyes (most reliable piece of tech there is) and the advanced sensors built into my mech's frame, I'd managed to get an idea of what was going on. As well as getting a target. It looked as though most of the robots were getting beaten back, or at least held at bay well enough. One of the mechs wasjust downright strange. It didn't look like any model that I recognized, let alone the fact that it had a head of all things. Who does that? I mean really. Get a life.

Or some friends.

However, the mech that it was battling, a Stealth Hunter like mine--and I mean really like mine: matte black, bright highlights, twin blades--I knew that one.

And it wasn't one of ours.

I dropped the Celeritas onto the bridge behind the other Stealth Hunter, full stealth still engaged. No use in alerting it to my presence. A movement with my controls, and the Celeritas' superheated blades shot out from it's wrist armor. Not yet, I'll let these things burying themselves in it's armor do that.

With stealth-muffled footsteps, I started with ever increasing speed towards the other Stealth Hunter, bringing the Celeritas' arms down an back in preparation to strike. I counted down the seconds until I reached them. At five I disengaged stealth with a flick of a switch, less than a step away from the other Stealth Hunter, before ramming my mech's blades forward towards it's lightly armored back.

What I would give to see their faces when I uncloaked. Well, just gonna have to imagine.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -