IC:

"I'm sure we can get that unstuck eventually." Abraham replied cheerfully, more than a little relief present in his voice as he held a hand out to help her up. "Do me a favor, and stop making me worry. You're cutting years off of my lifespan, and since I'm not sure how long that's already been, I can't even properly estimate how much of a reduction that is."

He paused, tapping his earpiece. "We're fine, di Lombardy. Just minor injuries."

IC:

"Don't worry, she's fine." The pilot commented to Ratchet, entirely unperturbed by Sarah's behavior. "She does that sort of thing all the time."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Hangar)

"Well, here's hoping she won't be quite so gung-ho later" Ratchet thought to himself.

"Must be more than a handful" he commented to Alistair's remark as Sarah landed beside them.

"Anyway: coffee" he said, removing his gloves.

"Also, forgot to introduce myself. Name's Ratchet, Ratchet Gordon"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ranger

The Crimson Gunner stepped back as shots came down towards it. Ranger looked at the BETELGUESE with a grim stare. He called for backup from any robot in the base ready. "Humans. Never quit at anything. Not even death." The Crimson Gunner's gatling gun then spun to get the RPM's going. All he needed to do now was pull the trigger to let the lasers fly. Instead he pressed the missile launch button, and the missiles on the Gunner flew to the BETELGUESE's position.

IC: Dredd

The aggressor Devastor marched his way into the hangar bay to assist Ranger after he heard his distress signal. He armed ZEKE fast so he can take out the human swiftly and painfully as possible. "This is DOHC V-16 Dredd. I'm headed your way now." He said to Ranher via a comm line.

OOC: Anyone with a robot character can join in to help.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Holly Yuan - BETELGEUSE

The Betelgeuse was a rather agile unit, especially compared to its fellow Supernovas. With ease, Holly maneuvered her mech around the missiles, letting them explode harmlessly away from her. Her machine's arms began to glow, charging up energy for a blast. Seconds later, she fired, a bolt of plasma spinning rapidly towards the Gunner.

IC: Ranger, Dredd

He waoted for thevattack, but when he saw the energy building in the Super Nova's arm's, he ran for it. The blast knocked the machine forward towards the machine side of the mountain. He quickly recovered and fired the Gunner's main cannon at the energy cables of the Super Nova. The Crimson Gunner then heard a loud boom from behind him.

As the hanger bay door began to open, the light began to hit the optics of Dreed. His optics adjusted to the light and he began to move forward. The rocks on the bridge began to rumble as ZEKE walked towards The Crimson Gunner. He got in front of Ranger amd said, "Give me suppressing fire." Dredd began to charge his Rail Gun and aimed it the BETELGEUSE. The Rail Gun then fired the human mech, which was met with additional fire from ZEKE's Ion Cannon and Gunner's cannon.

IC: Holly Yuan - BETELGUESE

"Tch, more of you huh?"

Holly slammed the Betelgeuse's foot down into the bridge, a large chunk of reinforced concrete ripping up into the air to block the gunfire. It would not last long against constant barrage, but she didn't expect it to. It was simply a quick stalling tactic. By the time it had been completely destroyed, her machine had already moved away, finding itself on the other edge of the bridge. It was a bit difficult, having no reinforcements, but she could deal.

Lasers began to pellet the two robot mechs. While her plasma weaponry were more powerful, they took quite a bit of time to charge. Her secondary weapons would suffice in such a situation.

OOC: Hey, I might as well join this, considering it's the only LEGO RPG left. I'll make a profile tomorrow, I really don't have the time right now.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

IC:

"But if I keep doing things that make you worry maybe our lifespans'll synch up," I suggested, real friendly-like, as Abe helped me haul myself up. "That way, we die at the same time; no worries, no fuss."

I glanced down, saw that half of my shirt had been seared off by the shock, and figured that I'd gotten off pretty frickin' fab considering that I'd just been electrified (also, that it'd be for the best that I button my lab coat). My zipper was still stuck, which was kind of annoying but ultimately superfluous, seeing as engineering required neither pants nor lack thereof. , if worse came to worse, I still had Abe's knife, and I was pretty sure that it couldn't be too hard to cut my way out.

"As for the machine," I said, my right arm looped around Abe's shoulders to ensure a future of standing, "I figure that something must have tampered with the power core; maybe some sort of incomplete electric circuit, then? Impossible to tell without further inspection, but I can't inspect it with the all that current...

"; I think we've electrified ourselves into a corner here, Abe."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Exposed skin leads to cold, which leads to shorter lifespans." The pilot commented aloud, after a momentary quiet. He didn't seem to find the remark unusual, in fact, he seemed to think it logical. "And with the level of exposure present, you'd probably be cutting a few years off. Would make synchronization difficult."

A slight movement next to her prompted Gwen to look to her left, noticing that Abe had carefully removed her arm from his neck, bug kept enough of a grip on her arm that she wouldn't fall. A moment later, the reason was clear as he set his coat around her shoulders. That done, he kept a hand on her shoulders so her arms were free to put through the sleeves but she didn't fall when she tried. His attention, however, seemed to remain on the machine.

"There, now that that is done... You'll have to forgive me, I'm not all that educated about some things, but the problem is that the battery is electrifying the machine, right? So what if we figured out how to drain the battery?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I had a lab coat, y'know..."

I muttered slightly under my breath, one of the many idiosyncrasies that people insist on telling me about, while I slid my arms into the sleeves of Abe's way-too-big-for-me jacket and studied the battle machine in front of me. I watched as electricity crackled and arced across its surface, its contents locked away inside of an invisible cage. In the back of my mind, I wondered whether this was how mice felt when they found a tantalizing piece of cheese being served upon the machinations of a rat trap.

But I wasn't a mouse, now was I? I was a genius, and traps were nothing to me.

"So what if we figured out how to drain the battery?" Abe had said; might as well give it a shot.

"We're fab, Van," I said as I tried to tug my companion backwards. "Just one question though, do you or Abe have any metal wiring I can use?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Eli

"Running would be a very good idea," I shot over the comm, if my comm was still working. The indicator light was out on it's control panel, but then again, most were. That, or exploding in my face with a blinding shower of sparks. Now that's the last time I use this thing as a giant shield. I winced as laserfire from the remaining robot squad rattled the Celeritas' frame. The ablative armor wouldn't last long against this.

"Doctor, Max, get them out of here, I'll be right behind you."

Another pop of short-circuiting electronics.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"The first item I wish to discuss is an extension of X-71 and I's currently on-going project." Panzer began, hands clasped behind his back. "In order to test the combat aptitude of our candidates, I would like to make use of a handful of unarmed machines. Eventually a few more will likely be needed eventually in order for simulation purposes, but for the moment, I merely request a barebones model of each class of our active machines."

"However, it has occurred to me that our machines may not be optimal for the subjugated humans' use. I would like to request access to a small amount of resources for the purpose of developing a machine optimized for their use. A limited run of prototypes, that way if they do not prove viable we do not stand to lose much of anything. These prototypes would be operated by the most adept amongst our pilot candidates."

A pause, as Panzer considered his next words carefully. "Of course, as you are the Technarch, all plans and resources for this project would fall under your authority and oversight."

IC: Vode Six

"They would," Vode Six confirmed emotionlessly. "And I will keep it under very close scrutiny. I approve your request, but be warned: do not put too much confidence in these human tools of yours. Machine is superior to man; they will be useful for infiltration, but I am wary of deploying them openly against their brethren. Organic brains are chaotic, easily overridden by hormones. The Neural Graft may not be 100% effective. Have you installed a killswitch?"

IC: Dr Felix Valentine

"Are you trying to get yourself killed, Frost?!" Valentine snapped over the comm as the Medic loaded a new clip into its mass driver, his demeanour suddenly no-nonsense. He knew a dangerous hit when he saw one, and that beam had done some serious damage to the Celeritas.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Eli

Something static-y played out through the one working speaker within my cockpit. I caught the back end of it, but otherwise had next to no idea what probable expletives had been shot in my general direction. Hey, it's what I normally received. Of course, at least that meant that my comm was working, partly. I could talk to people, which was just what I needed.

Another cluster of mircorockets tore through the air to the robot's position, though the tin cans had managed to stay in cover and out of danger. Fine with me, it kept them there.

"Android," I said, directing the message to our friend in the air. "Get down here and pick the good doctor up, will ya? I'll get Max."

Less than a moment later, I was graced by the sound of a mech breaking through the canopy above, and the impact of it hitting the ground. I didn't turn around to see, instead focusing on laying down rocket after rocket. Bright, white contrails crisscrossed the area ahead of the Celeritas.

"That's your ride, Doc, this party's starting to get a bit unsavory, let's go."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Hang on back there," Valentine called over his shoulder to Samson and Ha-Ya-Toa, who in the mech's cargo space and medical pod respectively, before trying to hail his comrade for a second time. "If you die down here, Eli, I'll kill you!"

As Android landed behind the Medic, the doctor fired off a few shots at the remaining robot with the souped-up weapon in an attempt to give the Celeritas some cover.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Ranger and Dredd

Using a binary code, Dred sent a message to Ranger to flank the human. Whule Machine Glory ZEKE, was taking some fire from the lasers, the Ray gun would surely destroy the poor concrete shield. The main cannon on the top of ZEKE began to spin, as the RPM's began to increase. This was so it wouldn't charge when he needed it.

The Crimson Gunnet ran around the barrier to fire a quick assault on the BETELGUESE. His guns aimed at the power wiring of the mech so as to cripple the human machine.

OCC: Hope I didn't do something wrong.

OOC
Bunnying Android due to inactivity. If the player has any objections to his actions, PM me and we can always retcon it.

IC: Ha-Ya-To

"Do I need to get a dictionary?" Ha-Ya-To's muffled voice came from the med-pod just before he slipped into stasis. "What part of 'run' do you pilots not understa-?" His eyes fell shut before the sentence was finished.

Because the med-pod was doing it's work, sending it's subject into unconsciousness, Ha-Ya-To never saw or felt Android's mech clamp it's hands around Medic's shoulders, or heard the roar of it's jets as it began to pull Valentine's battle machine into the sky, laser fire dancing through the air around it.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Holly Yuan - BETELGUESE

Had her machine been behind the concrete slab instead of elsewhere on the bridge, the attempting at flanking her might have worked for the robots. Might have. Unfortunately for them, however, their obsession with her distraction had given Holly time to flank them insteads, a tactical advantage she was rather grateful for ... had she actually cared about her enemies at all. Yet she was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so she fired off five discs of plasma at the ZEKE in rapid succession: one heading straight for the torso, and the other four spinning towards its limbs. If her enemy were to try moving, well, it might dodge one or two of her attacks, but suffice to say a disc would hit, and shear through whatever part of the ZEKE they hit.

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

"I might have some wire in the Zephyr." Abe answered, seemingly oblivious to how the rest of the conversation had passed. His eyes, instead of being fixed on the path, studied the sky closely, darting about the mist, seeming to search for something. His limited experience on the mountain told him that the robotic foe possessed vastly superior numbers, and he wasn't going to be caught off guard, especially with the Zephyr as it was.

"We used to use a lot of different things to tie everything down in the cockpit. Might be something that could work."

IC:

"Of course, Technarch." Panzer-009 replied, nodding slightly. "The graft, after some slight modification, can deliver a lethal shock to the brain upon receiving the proper signal. I thank you for your approval of the project."

There was a momentary pause, as the mechanoid's optics flared slightly as he shifted topics. He had, truth be told, already succeeded in one objective; Caution dictated that he wait a time to achieve the second. Straining the Technarch's acceptance would not be wise. But failing to accomplish the second in a timely fashion would, invariably, lead to delays; Delays that would place him further behind the technological curve, once the humans studied their new acquisitions.

No, he needed to act now.

"Additionally, Technarch, I have one other request, if I may. Unrelated from the previous."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vode Six

"Continue."

Valentine allowed himself a brief sigh of relief as Medic's feet cleared the treetops below, then diverted power away from his weapons to active sensors, scanning for the other two rescue mechs' signatures.

"Frost! Layer!" he barked into the comm. "Are you reading me? Get yourselves out of there!"

He glanced back into the cramped cargo area behind him into which Samson had squeezed himself.

"You alright back there?"

IC:

"If you look into the files on the server saved under my designation, you will find the schematics for a pet project of mine." The mechanoid paused a moment, clasping his hands behind his back. "Dubbed the 'Jaeger' as a placeholder, I have based it around the recent improvements in Battle Machine design, and some of the newer technologies created by your department. Not the absolute newest, of course; Such files are not accessible to my clearance. The Jaeger was crafted around the theoretical use of the technologies available to my clearance level."

"The machine would feature less armor than most designs, but that decrease in weight and the improved motor controls would allow for a high degree of maneuverability. Use of advanced cooling systems and armor silhouettes would render it difficult to discern with sensors, and the light weight frame would also allow the use of jump jets to move from bridge to bridge without the need for full flight systems. A redesign of the Vernichten's rifle would allow for more energy efficient firing, as well as greater accuracy." A momentary pause, and Panzer's optics brightened slightly. "Modification of available technologies would allow for the machine to be outfitted with a small load of EMP missiles, enabling it to disable enemy machines and scramble sensors."

"I have been working on the rough schematic for quite some time, with the goal of creating a machine optimized to disable and eliminate enemy Battle Machines. With the recent acquisitions of new technologies by Exo-Force, I devoted further time to the project. I request your aid in refining the project, and should it prove viable, producing the machine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

All I heard was the crackle of a less-than-functioning comm. Right then, it was high time I said my goodbyes to the tin cans and sent some parting gifts their way. I mean I hate to leave so soon, but alas.

The cockpit rattled beneath my feet, and what I could only assume was a short-circuit sent a spasm through the twin control yokes. I think I understood now why the techs mentioned not standing still in this hunk of metal. Through the battered canopy before me, I could see the shining forms of the remaining robot patrol, as well as the blinding red blasts of their weapons. The HUD was down, and the sound outside crept through a crack in the transparent material.

A few rockets later, and I maneuvered the Celeritas around, stomping my way over to Mr Max and his BFG Uplink.

The blades on my mech's forearms retracted, and I reached forward to lock onto his blue-armored mech.

The ground shot out from beneath us as I activated the jets, which were thankfully still working, and we shot into the air and away from the chaos below.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

With every bullet that was propelled out of my various barrels adorning my Gatling cannon, there was a different surprise for the toasters in front of me. Some were tracers, showing me how ###### my aim is, or these neat little 'Leyden Rounds' that gave a ... shocking plot twist to anyone that dares get in their way. Then there are the explosive bullets, which prove that you don't need to have artillery shells to punch a big hole into metal. Of course, the majority were the classic .50 cal hunks of brass and lead, almost antiques in this day and age of lasers and whatnot, but still practical and especially useful against robots.

If you've been following this developing story, you would notice that I've been pumping all this lead into these ######### for a while. There was a noticeable pile of scattered, ejected brass casings, scalding hot and misty with gunsmoke. I'm pretty sure there isn't some hippie cop waiting around here to give me a ticket for littering, so I should be fine.

Holy ####, did you see that? That frag round punched him right in the head and shredded half of it's face of-

I guess since I blew it's brain out it can't turn off that big### laser thing.

oh boy that battery pack is crackling

arcing electric things pulsing rapidly around the center

so bright -

I could feel Eli's firm grip on my mech clamp on, and the crackling of a broken comm system trying to convey that we would be leaving.

The two of us and our behemoths floated back to base as the robots fried themselves.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"..."

A long, long pause, almost solemn. In contrast, his sudden response was positively upbeat, a drastic change in mood as one that had ever been seen. "Somewhere in all that clutter, yes. I think we've been out of coffee for a long time, though."

IC:

"Alistair. Not sure I recall my surname off the top of my head, but it'll come to me." The pilot noted cheerfully, shaking Ratchet's hand enthusiastically. "That up there's the Spiral Enforcer; She's a good girl."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Not quite." Was the only response of the Zephyr's pilot to Gwen's question, quieter than normal. He remained silent as Vanessa descended, only to pipe up again to answer her question. "Now, we try and see if we can de-electrify the mech. Once that's done, we can gather it, and anything salvageable from the other one, and head back to your... Base, is it?"

"... And what's a 'lovebird'?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Alistair. Not sure I recall my surname off the top of my head, but it'll come to me." The pilot noted cheerfully, shaking Ratchet's hand enthusiastically. "That up there's the Spiral Enforcer; She's a good girl."

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Hangar)

"Normally I would've called you out on a burden of proof for that, but since my own mech's busted five ways till Sunday at the moment, I'll take your word for it this once" Ratchet replied with a light-hearted wink.

"Alright, lead the way, I'm real keen on a good cup of coffee right about now"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...