IC:

"... That answers exactly nothing."

IC:

"Normally I might take that challenge, but it took thirteen hours to get her back to tip top shape." The pilot commented, stepping out of the hangar and into the hallway on his way towards the cafeteria. "And as I've been awake for at least that long, I could use some coffee myself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dr Felix Valentine

The rescue party made its flight back up the mountainside without incident. Inside the Medic's chassis, Valentine had removed his control gloves for the journey, and sighed in relief as he saw the small orange speck of Sentai Fortress grow nearer. The treetops and crags zoomed by below the four machines.

Soon the sound of a human voice came through over the comms.

"IFF tags you as the rescue party returning, can you confirm?" the air-traffic controller asked.

"Confirmed, control," Valentine replied. He gave Samson a grin over his shoulder. "Mission accomplished. We've got them."

"Good to hear, doctor," the controller replied. "What's your status?"

"We've got two rescuees, one of them Ha-Ya-To. He'll need some medical attention, but I've got him in the stasis pod. Should be fine. The mechs took some battle damage, particularly the Celeritas - let the repair yard know we're coming."

"Roger that, doctor. Over and out."

"Over and out, control."

The two flight mechs' leg-mounted engines flared brighter as they slowed their descent toward the Fortress' main courtyard. From above, the courtyard looked rather symmetrical - an octagon, its chasm-facing side taken up almost entirely by the huge main gate. The two sides neighbouring that were heavily reinforced walls, lined with defence turrets sporting a range of weaponry. At the end of each wall was a tower topped with an anti-aircraft battery. Past that, the walls widened out to encompass the rest of the base: a cluster of buildings and towers huddled in the shelter of its walls. The huge doors of the mech hangars were ajar, row upon row of battle machines in their maintenance bays visible within. Next to and behind that lay the residential blocks, labs, hospital, cafeteria, and so on - and literally towering over all of them was the main control building, Sentai Tower.

Valentine slipped his gloves back on, and gave Android the signal to drop him.

Medic's legs bent, cushioning its impact with the concrete landing area. Valentine looked over his shoulder at Samson once again.

"Welcome to Sentai Fortress."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Normally I might take that challenge, but it took thirteen hours to get her back to tip top shape." The pilot commented, stepping out of the hangar and into the hallway on his way towards the cafeteria. "And as I've been awake for at least that long, I could use some coffee myself."

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Hangar)

"Like I'd said it myself" Ratchet replied with an approving nod.

"Well, if you're fixing to get some coffee, no reason to hang around here any longer, let's get going shall we?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Timeskipping by mutual agreement between myself and Void; Anyone who disagrees, well, let me know. :P

IC:

"... You're both confusing me. I'm going to go find some wiring."

Roughly an hour, three minor electrical shocks, six close calls, and twenty minutes of makeshift construction later, the Zephyr pulled slowly up above the cloud layer on its war towards the Sentai Fortress. Cradled in its arms was the remains of the downed machine from the valley, and lashed to that wreck were pieces of the downed Banshee. Significant debate had been had over exactly what constituted 'worth salvaging', but a consensus had eventually been reached. Truthfully, the Zephyr looked little better than the wrecks it carried; Its armor was scarred and pitted, riddled with dents. On its left side parts were visibly missing, having been torn asunder by the Banshee's dying assault.

The craft lurched forward unsteadily, thrusters working at maximum to keep the craft as steady as possible. Flight in its humanoid configuration was never as graceful, but now it was downright dangerous. Though some of the load had been offloaded to the Tusculum, the amount of parts in need of transportation mandated the use of both machines.

Inside the cockpit, Abraham worked the controls with cautious precision, inching his machine closer to the landing site. Sweat all but beaded on his forehead, eyes fixed on the console before him. Every minute or so a new warning sounded, all combining to inform the occupants just how much the Zephyr shouldn't be carrying any extra weight, if it should be in the air at all. The approach to the fortress was slow, and a few times the armor creaked ominously, but nevertheless, they did finally land. The transforming mech touched down outside the hangar, the thrusters quieting softly, accompanied by the chorus of metal on metal as the machine settled in position. Tellingly, the console practically glowed red, the warning notices brought to minimum size to accommodate their number.

With a loud creak, the cockpit opened and the pilot tossed down a rope ladder, securing it to the edge of the cockpit with hooks. He glanced around, and then back at Gwen with a note of somberness in his dull expression.

"I don't think this is going to buff off."

IC:

"I quite agree!" The eccentric pilot said cheerfully, walking down the hall at a brisk pace towards the cafeteria, intent on obtaining the caffeinated beverage he sought.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Before Abe could go any further down Mopeyhead Lane -- and not to keep myself from heading there because I was not sad about the state of the Zephyr NOPE -- I wrapped him up in a bear hug, which was a little awkward since I was still wearing what amounted to two coats.

"M'sorry, Abe," I muttered into his shirt.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

For a very, very long moment, Abraham was completely still, as if paralyzed with confusion. Which, in truth, he was. His mind started to race as he tried to figure out exactly what to do, what he was supposed to do, and finally, after a few more moments, he wrapped his arms around her to hug her back. He looked down at her, smiling faintly, as if beginning to understand something amusing.

"... No reason to apologize..." The pilot said quietly, patting her awkwardly on the back. "It's fixable, and the damage was earned for a good cause. Kept us safe, kept the machines away."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Whenever it's most convenient." He replied, slipping his hands into his pockets, if only to have somewhere to put them. He took a step back from the edge of the cockpit, taking a quick look at the console display, before looking back to Gwen. "I don't need it up here. This place is plenty warm without it."

"So, whenever's most convenient for you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Right! Beds. Those things people sleep in. I'll need to figure out where my blankets ended up in the cockpit..." The pilot briefly cast a glance behind him into the Zephyr, as is trying to spot them. He took back his coat when Gwen handed it to him, folding it over his arm. "Those chairs get cold without the blankets. And I'll need to get that second seat folded back down..."

"Anyway! Do you need help getting to the hospital?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"..."

"Well, yeah. But there're limited quantities, they're for people who live here, stuff like that." A pause, as he sheepishly crossed his arms, drumming his fingers against his arm. "... And they're beds. You sleep lying down, far away from your machine. You won't be prepared for anyone sneaking up on you. And they're so wide open."

"They're a strange, nebulous concept."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"..."

"..."

"There are bad guys here? Should I keep my revolver under... It's called a pillow, right? Is that what you call it?" Abraham seemed momentarily caught on that tangent, but he refocused when he descended the ladder at Gwen's cue.

"I mean, are you sure? My cockpit's comfortable. It's snug. And somewhat warm."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Samson looked around at the colossal walls of Sentai fortress, at the gleaming orange metal driven straight into the rock of the mountain. At the towers that ploughed through clouds, and gun turrets with ammunition bigger than he was. At the extensive monorails running throughout the base that serviced the forward positions and ferried men and supplies. At the multitudes of flying vehicles flitting like moths around control towers and landing pads. At the hundreds of lights, enough that night would become day even in the stubbornest of blackness. And the sheer noise of it all; chatter magnified into cacophony, the piercing shriek of metal joints and gears twisting in motion, the rumbling thunder of engines...

"Meh," he sniffed, "I thought it'd be bigger."

IC: Damage emerged from the jungle, his silver chassis covered in smears of green and brown where he'd simply forced his way through any jungle foolish enough to get in his way. The data pack from the prototype was clutched protectively in one arm, noticeably free of the same marks Damage himself had picked. He knew he could be repaired, the data pack was more valuable. As the guns on the gate he was headed towards swivelled towards him, he held the data pack forward.

"Alert Meca One or the Technarch. I have retrieved their prize."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"The ta- Oh." Abraham, who had reached the floor just before her, blinked, shifting on his feet. Another blink, and a pause. "No, I am versed in the relevant subject matter. I was left files on all the information I would need to know if I ever found society again. I did not necessarily understand all the societal data, but the information was relayed."

A long pause, as he blinked again. "... So no, not necessary. Thankfully."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Eli

Something went pop, well, more specifically a rather loud boom, given the size of the specific components popping and their relative distance from me and all that good stuff.  Anyway, something went pop, and I lost some altitude disturbingly fast.  The explosion shook the metal frame of the machine I was strapped into; not exactly the most comforting thing ever; before I punched a half-lit button on the control panel.  Indicators lit up red as I diverted power from the weapons to keep us in the air, as much as I disliked taking my offensive capability offline.

Probably scared the ##### outta Max, too bad I couldn't say it was intentional.

"C'mon girl..." I murmured to no one in particular.  Wind whistled through a hole in the cockpit behind me, drowning out the words.

Lucky us, the orange blob in the distance grew into the massive structure that was Sentai Fortress, and man was it good to be home.

Less than a minute later we were above the hanger, and I dropped Max's Uplink to the ground before landing myself.  The landing was slightly less-than-stellar, but I like to think that I pulled it off well enough considering the state of my machine.  Despite the fact that I had to improvise, and use the Celeritas as a shield, I'd consider that a job well-done.

Until I reached over my shoulder to undo the restraints.  Well, attempted to undo the restraints, and finding that I wasn't able to actually turn that way.  At all.

And I really hoped that red liquid dripping down the back of my seat was some kind of tree sap.

"Uh, guys."

"I think I may need some help."

Right then my vision decided to get rather blurry.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"I quite agree!" The eccentric pilot said cheerfully, walking down the hall at a brisk pace towards the cafeteria, intent on obtaining the caffeinated beverage he sought.

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Cafeteria)

"Alright," Ratchet declared whilst waving his gloves around, "where's the old dinosaur of a coffe maker holed up now? I swear they move that thing more times than Pa used to move the old scarecrow because he needed to "distribute scare power" across his whole field"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Gwen ~ Hanger Bay

Almost didn't hear what Vanessa said because Elijah was being really loud again. I turned around to yell at him and--

Wait.

What.

"."

I bolted up to the Celeritas, no actual plan in mind, and jumped onto its crashed hull. Hereupon, I scrambled up to Eli's cockpit, really hoping that he wouldn't be dead by the time I got there.

Fortunately, he wasn't. He was, however, behind the plexiglass screen of a cockpit.

"Well, this is damning," I muttered, before I noticed the multitude of tiny holes and chips in its surface.

I turned, and called, "Abe! Throw me your gun, quick!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Eli

I heard gun, and the slightly indistinct form that was perched just in front of me resolved into Gwen.  Now, I may not have been able to really move all that much, but my brain was working well enough.

And my eyes did get rather wide at the thought of those two things together.

There was a reason why no one had volunteered to be the one to give her lessons in handling a firearm.

Edited by The Tomorrow Girl

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Despite me not having ever experienced that before, I still think that eli could have pulled off my landing a bit more... gently. I guess I should give him credit for getting me out of there alive, but maybe next time he could get me back to base with me still -wanting- to be alive while I experienced the ride. It was bad enough when you are in a controlled free-fall in a fully-functional mech, but trying to gain altitude, keep it, and get out of a tree canopy when a laser beam has already sliced through your pilot's mech? I seriously need to write my will soon. 

'And I give all of my belongings to... whoever calls dibs first..?  Rock-paper-scissors if there is uncertainty?' 

New plan: find some bros that'll keep my junk and remember me once I bite the dust.

I think it's about time to stop with the funeral plans, so I'mma just stop being zoned out here for a sec so I can undo my harness...

Your hands can get very sweaty when you wear gloves while you go in the jungle, so I'll just slip those off.  I guess the alternative would be to get mosquitoes, so it's not like I would have been comfortable that way either.

I stepped out of my mech, climbing down the ladder the techs brought up to it, and waded through a small crowd of those previously mentioned engineers to get to somewhere I could sit down - and by sit down I mean not just anywhere, because sitting down could mean sitting in spinny chair that's going off a cliff for all we know! -  No, I want to sit somewhere that was still.  Not in motion.  so I could figure out how to walk without the world spinning around me.

As I leaned against a wall, my gaze shifted from the power cord plugging into Legion, to some people rushing towards the Celeritas.  Might as well check out the damage, see just how much credit is due for eli getting back to base.

I meandered to the ground zero of eli's landing.

Edited by rabbit

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

"I know there's one in the cafeteria." Alistair commented, patting himself down as if looking for something in his pockets. After a moment patting turned to rummaging, and never once did he break his stride, or cease paying attention to the conversation. It was difficult to tell what he could possibly be looking for, but frankly, it was always difficult. He was hardly one of the normal operatives, few as they were.

"There's one somewhere in the hangar, too, but I haven't the foggiest where. Tylers probably knows. Not that she needs to; she has the Cube, after all."

IC:

Almost out of thin air, a familiar firearm appeared in the engineer's peripheral vision, flying through the air at a rapid rate. It was thrown well, however, because it carried itself easily within her reach, though one had to hope that the foreign pilot had ensured the safety was engaged. Less noted, however, was the second projectile in the room; The one that Abraham himself had become, crossing the distance to the Celeritas in a matter of moments, practically a skinny blur across the room.

Though he gave no sign of recognizing the machine, he lunged just before it, catching hold of a panel and using it to propel himself upwards towards the cockpit. All signs of preoccupation, or hesitation, or even excess thought were gone, replaced by an almost eerily calm focus. His movements were methodical, with no excess movement involved. All effort was conserved, and channeled into productivity.

Life had forced him to become the ultimate survivor, and it was on clear display now.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dr Felix Valentine

"A gun?!" came Valentine's incredulous voice through Medic's loudspeakers. "Have I mentioned lately how - oh, never mind..."

The doctor rolled his eyes in resignation and slipped his hands back into the control gloves.

"You might want to hold onto something," he advised Samson. "And yes. It is always like this around here."

Medic's mechanical joints whirred into life, and the modified Uplink broke into a run towards the medical centre. One outside, Valentine hopped out of the cockpit and ran inside, and after a few moments of muffled shouting, a team of doctors came running out after him. One of them helped Samson out of the mech's cockpit, and the others transferred the unconscious Ha-Ya-To into a portable medical pod. They hurried the two patients inside.

Meanwhile, Valentine sprang back into the Medic and brought the machine running back to the post-mission gathering in the courtyard. He backed up his mech toward Eli's, and pressed a button on his control panel. The newly-vacant stasis pod built into the back opened up, ready to accept the injured pilot.

"The minute you get him out of that thing - my opinion of your methods aside - he goes straight in the pod, ok?"

IC: Vode Six

"I approve your request," the Technarch replied, in a monotone that gave nothing away. "These design suggestions are logical applications of our more advanced technologies, and your actions in the recovery mission are to be commended."

The robot placed his hand on one of the interface pillars. The spherical walls of the chamber, previously a dull black, flared into life. Holographic images shimmered into existence around them: Panzer would recognise them as his Jaeger blueprints.

"These designs are...good," Vode Six stated. "I estimate your innovation lies at least 2.2 standard deviations from Devastator mean."

This was high praise.

IC: Robot Automated Gate Defences

A deep robotic voice boomed out at Damage.

"IFF acknowledged. Informing Meca One."

There was silence for a few seconds. Damage looked up with what, had he been human, would have been bated breath.

"The Primarch is pleased," the voice eventually announced. "He will debrief you personally. Enter."

The gates opened swiftly with a hiss of hydraulics, settling into their open position with a deep clunk. One of the robot fortress' internal transport pods was ready and waiting for him inside.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Gwen ~ Hanger Bay

I caught the gun, and somewhere in the back of my mind I wondered if the safety was on. Well, no time to worry about it now, is there? I took hold of it by the barrel, angling the butt of the handle forwards, and whacked it hard against the plexiglass panel. The surface quivered, but it held firm.

"Eli, right now I'd suggest closing your eyes and mouth," I said, and tried hitting the window again.

And again. The frame around it buckled.

And again. The plexiglass groaned.

And again. It fell out of place, wobbling and tumbling into the cockpit; thankfully, without too much fragmentation.

"Abe, quick; help me get him out of here."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"My thanks, Technarch." The mechanoid replied, bowing slightly in both respect and acknowledgement. "I do my best to operate to the maximum that my programming will allow. It is good to see that I have met with some degree of success in that regard."

Straightening, his optics fixed upon his superior once more. "I will, with your permission, commence work upon both projects shortly. I will speak with X-71 about sorting through the converted humans for potential candidates, and begin working on the Jaeger."

"So, with your permission, I will take my leave, sir."

IC:

It was difficult to tell exactly when Abe had arrived, but he promptly hurled the plexiglass out of the cockpit to the floor below, breathing slightly heavier from the exertion of the swift climb. He quickly took stock of the situation, and nodded at Gwen's instructions.

"We need to get him over to the pod. Any idea how to move him without sending us all plummeting to the floor?"

fK5oqYf.jpg