IC: Gwen ~ Hanger Bay

"No," I said to Vanessa, before swinging myself into the cockpit. It was a tight fit with Eli slumped in there as well, but I found room enough to release his restraints and manoeuvre myself within range of the controls.

"Everyone hang onto something solid!" I shouted, willing the Celeritas back into action. "Valentine, bring the medical pod up here!"

The old girl groaned and moaned under the stress of movement; she had barely gotten out of the gorge in one piece, and even this slight shift in position was killing her. It hurt to listen to her, like every grind of her servos was the grinding of my own bones. But we needed to get Eli over to the pod; some of us had to take one for the team.

"Valentine, get ready to move Eli once we're within range!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"The one time I'm in a confined space with a female..."  I muttered, off to the side in the cockpit as Gwen maneuvered to take the controles, my half-lidded gaze wincing as I heard something that sounded eerily similar to a failing actuator emanate from the knee joint of the Celeritas.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Name: Christina Tyr

Species: Human

Appearance: This picture.

Like this, but her right eye is completely green, with a metal plate surrounding it and conforming to the original contours of her eye socket. Parts of the skin on the right side of her body are bonded and covered with flexible metal, and much of that side of her is scarred in some way or another. Her right hand is entirely mechanical, the fingertips splitting to reveal sockets that plug into her mech.

Skill(s): Crack shot, to the point of mechanical accuracy. Excellent pilot. Her right eye is capable of basic camera functions, like zooming and focusing, as well as infrared vision.

Personality/Bio: Christina joined the mech pilots at the tender age of sixteen, despite psychological concerns, her temper and slight instability making the heads of the military concerned. Still, she was a dang good pilot, and eager.

Until she was hit by friendly fire. Her mind was unbalanced, right eye and part of her body destroyed, and the motor nerves in her arms were nearly irreparably damaged. When humanity failed, the Robots succeeding in "fixing" her, and she's loyal to them. She's prone to attacks of emotion and rage, though this is normally hidden behind a cool exterior.

Weakness(es): EMPs will cause her mechanical systems to go down temporarily, losing her the sight in her right eye and control of her right hand.

Mech:

Designation: The Hunter in the Dark ("The Hunt")

Type: Reaping Banshee

Originally intended to be a new type of recon drone, the Hunt has had all of its main computing systems save two stripped out and replaced, now directly taking orders from Christina's nervous system. It's small, smaller than a Stealth Hunter, only slightly larger than the human it holds, and very fast.

Equipment: Two of the original systems are still intact, an advanced communications relay designed to punch through jungle cover and a sensor array rigged to be a heads up display, feeding into Christina's right eye.

Right and Left Shoulder: Jump and speed boosters.

Right Hand: A claw with a magnetic charge that allows the Banshee to attach to quite a few surfaces.

Left Hand: A very high powered laser for the size of the mech, but its power comes at a cost- flight is impossible and speed is reduced to that of an ordinary human while it's in use and for the ten second cool down afterward.

Torso: Jetpack capable of flight. Overcharging the jetpack to reach max speed releases the characteristic screech that gives the Banshee its name.

Appearance: Picture

Like this, but almost entirely black with green running lights.

Notes: Because the main piloting system for the Banshee is Christina's nervous system, the mech can't be flown by others unless extensive repairs are made.

Preapproved by three outta four staff.

Now, to find a jumping in spot.

Edited by Infamous Ironic Iguana

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: As the pilots attempted to rescue their friend and get some well deserved rest, a shadow detached itself from the wall of Sentai Fortress and fell.

And fell.

And fell, until there was no chance of the fortress' systems detecting it when it ignited all of its jets and blasted upward toward the southern side of the mountain, landing with barely a thunk on the concrete landing pad outside a security gate, opening up a comms channel to a secure robot line.

"UNIT CHTYR reporting from recon," she said, using her official unit designation.

That was the one thing she missed about the north. Having an actual name at her rank.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Abraham gripped a ruined section of the Celeritas' armor, clinging to it to ensure that he didn't fall while Gwen moved the machine. He could hear the mech's groans of complaint, but it would hold. For the moment, at least. Just long enough to get Elijah to the medpod. After that... Well, it'd need repairs.

IC:

"Same here." Alistair noted cheerfully, gesturing back to the hangar. "By the look of things, I'll get some more repairs to do very shortly."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Switch on the parking brake annnnnnd....

This was a precision operation; I didn't waste any time in unbuckling Eli's seatbelt, opening up the cockpit and carrying him (okay, half-dragging, fine) over to the the medpod. I braced one foot against the catch on the cockpit, the other against the side of the pod, and with a heave that was usually only reserved for the transportation of gatling guns of fuel tanks, I hauled his body up and over into it. I barely even had a chance to catch my breath before I kicked off of the medical unit, flopping back into Frost's ruined seat.

"As you were, Doc," I said in between pants. "Thanks for the hand!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Hey Abe! Race you to the bottom!"

It didn't take long to climb down the Celeritas; I'd been working around these machines for years, been making my way through obstacle courses for years more before that. I manoeuvred down the hull, and it seemed like no time at all before I heard the sound of my shoes hitting the metal floor of the hanger.

"Abe, did I win?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The sound of Gwen hitting the floor was far, far overshadowed by the sound of Abe hitting the floor. To be precise, hitting, knees giving way, rolling, and popping back up to his feet, though he did wince slightly at the pang of pain in his ankle. The foreign pilot had, truth be told, taken a moment to realize that Gwen had challenged him to a race, and as a result, lost the lead resulting from already being out of the cockpit.

So he had raced down as quickly as he could, but once he reached the Celeritas' knee, he knew he wasn't going to make it. So he jumped.

"Ow, ow, okay, I think that was a tie."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Oh man...."

I swooped in under Abe, positioning myself so that his right arm was slung over my shoulders and my left arm was slung over his shoulder, hoping that my strength would be enough to support him despite my smaller stature.

"I think you take competition a bit too seriously."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"I'm fine!" He said brightly, doing his best to ignore the stabs of pain insistently working to get his attention from his ankle. They weren't that bad, nor were they any real injuries... It just kinda hurt.

"Hey, I think I have a bottle of aspirin in my pocket. Might still have some left. ... Or half of one."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

I carefully extricated my left arm from around Abe, trying to work my hand into his pocket while it was still stuck between the two of us. At one point I remember considering that it would be easier to just drop him and rifle through his coat while he was on the ground, but my (functional) sociopathy does actually have its limits.

Eventually I did manage to find the bottle, and shifting my weight so that Abe could lean on me while I still had use of both of my arms, I opened it up to find--

"More like a quarter of an aspirin, actually," I said, watching the little fragment of a tablet (and plenty of dust) fall into my hand.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"Good enough." The pilot said, picking up the remaining aspirin fragment, withdrawing a small canteen from his waist, carefully using both hands to pour an almost ridiculously small amount of water into the cap. A moment later, the tiny aspirin remnant was downed with the proportionally minute quantity of water. Returning the canteen to his coat, he could vaguely be heard to mutter something about 'the placebo effect', before refocusing on his two compatriots.

"I'm fine!" Abraham insisted, frowning faintly at the apparent lack of efficiency of his protests. A moment later, the frown deepened as a note of confusion was mixed in. "And I still don't understand what Vanessa is getting at."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"I'm not one hundred percent sure what either of those would mean." The foreign pilot said brightly, shifting slightly to try and put weight on his ankle. He didn't hear any loud, sickening cracks, or feel any agonizing pain, so he shifted a little more... Little more... Then took a step... Ah, there was the pain. Not too bad, though. Bearable. Not indicative of too much wrong.

"I can walk!" Abraham crowed with triumph.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yes, yes, good for you, Abe," I said. "But we're still carrying you."

Slowly, we made our way to the infirmary, Abe trying to convince me that he was fit to walk ("of course you are babe now be quiet"), and me trying to explain things to him.

"So, Vanessa seems to think we're either capable of spending large amounts of our personal time together enjoyably, or that our combined genetic make-up would be suitable for the creation of a new breed of humanity. Though, now that I think about it, I suppose the two things aren't completely mutually exclusive. I mean, by keeping us together for longer amounts of time, we would be more an easier target for a third party to extract our gametes...."

This continued for a while, before we finally reached the base's clinic, where we found--

"Eli!" I cried, the fact that critical injury wasn't helped by loud and sudden noises. "How are you doing?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

I wasn't sure what the appropriate social response to something like this was (which is kind of surprising; you'd have thought that I would be used to people dying and breaking their good looks by now), so I figured it would be best to switch to a similar, but less uncomfortable topic.

"So, how exactly were you mortally wounded again?"

(This is less uncomfortable, right?)

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"I believe a few people sortied after us." Abraham supplied helpfully, glancing at the patient. He last remembered him from a not-so pleasant conflict on one of the bridges (bit of a disagreement, really), but he was displeased to see him injured. Injuries were bad. Hard to heal by yourself. 

"I do not believe his face is that hurt. Shouldn't be any worse than before. Dunno how it looked before."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Eli

My gaze flicked around to the three of them, giving Vanessa a hurt look, and grinning at Gwen as I did so.  Nothing for the other guy, I still didn't know what to think of him.  There was also the fact that we did kind of get off on a very bad foot, and seeing as my condition warranted me being strapped to a bed (I did try to escape, that's why the strapped me down) until one of the medical pods was free, well...

"One of the tin cans had a fancy new toy, sliced right through my armor and... me," I replied to Gwen's earlier question.  "Last time I use a Stealth Hunter as a shield."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -