IC: He took the bait. With barely a thought, Christina diverted all power to engines and shields, the characteristic screech of the Hunt's main rocket going to max power slowly getting louder as she flew toward the White Lightning, the strongest point in the shield dead ahead of her as she dodged energy blasts and advanced toward the other machine.

Her HUD zoomed in as she flew, her mechanical eye picking up- why, if it wasn't that cocky pilot she fought earlier.

Let's dance, honey.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Eli

It was almost happening in slow motion, despite the fact that we were rocketing towards one another at speeds that would have probably liquefied innards if it weren't for the advent of inertial compensators. This is what I lived for, the thrill of being on the edge of control, the sharp spike of adrenaline that shot through my veins. Life was counted in fractions of a second here, you lived in the moment or not at all.

Alright, so you think you're hot stuff, huh?

Let's put that to the test.

I twitched the controls to the left, sending me out over open air as I was pulled out over the bridge by the burst of propellant. My back protested sharply from the motion, but I payed it no mind. With another motion, I brought the twin batteries of laser cannons around to face my target, and opened up with both. Streams of green light stitched a broken line up the side of the bridge, edging ever so slowly to the oncoming mech of her's.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: The Hunt pulled up, only the barest splash of laser playing off of the edge of her shield. She dove toward him, the Hunt's small size making it harder to lock back onto, cutting the gap between it and the Lightning more quickly.

Her inner ear was not happy, but she'd practiced for hours at doing more difficult maneuvers than this.

Oh, you're a feisty one. Let's see if that holds up when we're close...

Just a little closer, and his guns wouldn't be much use...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Garry - G-MACHINE

Garry moved his machine forwards, its bulk soaking in the petty little bullets fired by the suddenly approaching Sentry unit. He would have replied to Eli, but his colleague was now deep in combat with the leader of the robot forces (after all, why else would the small mech be leading?), and he didn't want to be a distraction. All he could really do now was hope that the younger man got out alive and safely. They could talk later. For now, he had some robots to fight.

One coilgun fired rapidly at D.A.N.E, its powerful projectiles seeking to destroy the tinier mech. The other had a more dangerous target in mind, moving to launch a torrent of fire into the mass of the robot Thunder Fury that slowly approached from behind the Sentry that had broken ranks. He would leave the Venom to Alistair or Holly to deal with. They would be best.

"Alistair! Holly! I'll be engaging the Thunder Fury. If possible, work together to fight the Venom!"

Both of the titanic robot mechs needed to go quickly.

"Ratchet, the Sentries are yours. Guinevere and your friend, run support and provide backup to anyone who you think needs it! Vanessa, clear the air!"

They were outnumbered, but he'd promised that everyone would get out fine this time.

IC: Vanessa - Tusculum

"Here we gooo."

Account for future movement. Centre the target. Pull the trigger.

Fire.

A shot streaked towards the torso of a flying Fire Vulture.

IC: Holly - BETELGEUSE

The Betelgeuse moved to engage the Venom, firing at lasers at its body.

IC: Ratchet Gordon (Tenchi Bridge)

"Roger that" Ratchet replied, and took off in a trajectory leading slightly up and mostly backwards.

The White Wraith fell in line behind the G-Machine, the repeating laser cannon humming and ready to let loose a hailstorm of energy pellets at the first target that came in too close for the frontline mechs' comfort.

Ratchet's tactic for the fight was going to be his usual one. Hide behind the bigger mechs and pop out whenever he could. Take out the Sentries first, as instructed, and then he'd do what he could to stay out of enemy targeting reticules and keep them in his own.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

A curse, which I'm glad that Abe didn't hear given that I turned off all but the emergency comm to avoid distractions, flew from my lips unbidden. What I would give for a good old fashion sword right now, didn't even have to be electrified or anything, just a hunk of shaped metal would do. She was closing in fast, edging very close to the point where I would risk damaging myself from the blowback on these massive guns if any shot solidly connected.

Couldn't resist getting near me, could you?

That was fine, White Lightnings did have more than just lasers. I flipped the machine around, keeping the more heavy armoured torso--if a White Lightning could be called heavily armoured at all--in line with her mech.

And then I opened up with the energy disk launcher built into the arm of my machine. The electronic frying, energy disrupting wheels of energy shot out in her direction, rapid fire.

Let's see your shields absorb that.

IC: Venom

The titan of a robot mech simply let Holly's shots dissipate against its thick armor, the ranges involved lessening the effectiveness of the rounds. Of course, that didn't stop the walking artillery platform from opening up with most of its huge arsenal.

Laser blasts from the Venom's two gigantic gun arms, as well as from the twin barrel cannon imbedded in its chest, lanced out towards the BETElGEUSE.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: A disk whizzed by as Christina rolled out of the way, too close for comfort. In fact, Christina would probably be shorted right now if the Hunt hadn't seen the disk launcher powering up. In fact, a normal mech pilot would have been shorted out, but the Hunt was an extension of her- and dodging the bolts was as much a reflex action as flinching when something came at your face. Was a good thing she dodged, too. That wouldn't feel good on her mechanical parts.

She closed the rest of gap, smirking as he faced the torso of the mech toward her. The torso was where the pilot was. And as she matched speed and winked at Eli, the plasma blade in her right hand ignited, slashing across the cockpit. But her aim seemed to be a little off, because the sword was going to be too high to hit Eli's head.

Oh, you're just as dashing up close.

OOC: NPC posts coming after I've done more mech research.

BZPRPG Profiles

A flash of contained energy, I saw it out of the corner of my eye, and I knew what was coming even before the rest of me could figure out just what it was. I instinctively arched back from the attack, pulling on the controls to get away from the glowing beam of plasma. A spike of pain shot from my shoulder to spine. Great.

The White Lightning was too sluggish to respond, and I heard the sound of twisting metal as the blade ripped through the top-mounted laser cannon. The twin barrel weapon was sliced clean through.

Still, it was better than slicing through me.

I continued with the motion, pulling the mech around so that she was below me. And then I fired up the afterburners.

If the jetwash didn't fry her a bit, than it would at least put some distance between us.

I distinctly remember her winking at me.

Oooh man she just can't stay away from this.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Maintain distance from main fight. Don't be stupid. Try not to get killed.

Oh, look at that. That Sentry, the one who was trying to fire on everyone (how's that going, by the way?), was suddenly shooting at Garry.

Well.

That's just rude.

I shifted my Uplink (lovingly christened the Loan Ranger, hehe), and fired on the robot with my laser cannon.

Here goes nothing.

OOC: That would be D.A.N.E. that she's firing on, for the record.

IC:

Ratchet Gordon may not have been aware of it, but there was a pair of eyes on him even as he hid behind his fellow fighters.

And they were predominantly unfriendly eyes.

Oz rose up into the air, Soho angling it until it had a clear shot on the smaller mech. Slowly, its arm rose as well, its gatling gun aimed and ready. From this range, of course, it was doubtful that anything short of a miracle would allow such an ungainly weapon to hit its target.

Fortunately, Soho wasn't out to hit its target this time.

It fired on the White Wraith.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Christina fell away, the infared capabilities of her right eye telling her that it wouldn't be very good at all to fly through the afterburn.

Playing hard to get, are you?

He was running from her now. Which made him the prey, and her... The Hunt. The rear engine screamed its banshee scream as the Hunt accelerated again, this time not approaching from the front. No, this time the target of the glowing blade was the two engines on the back of the mech.

Maybe not to destroy them, but to do at least enough damage that they were unusable.

BZPRPG Profiles

Getting hit by the tremendous firepower of the Venom wasn't something that Holly wanted to experience. The BETELGEUSE, for all its capabilities, was not a Grand Titan and in possession of the ridiculous armour rating that being one entailed. So she quickly moved, her mech dodging away from the blasts and falling into position near Alistair. The distance was still great, but they were closing in fast.

IC:

Shiiiiiiiiiii--

I quickly raised the Ranger's right arm, back-pedalling like mad to get out of range of the Sentry's barrage. The spray peppered my mech, each shot bucking its frame, sending me into disturbing flashbacks of the Cutie and her final fight all those ... hours ago.

Hmm.

I certainly lead an interesting life, don't I?

Once I'd moved out of range, I checked the mech's vitals and was happily surprised by the results. Her hull was still in pretty good shape, and while her right arm, which had taken the brunt of the barrage, was chewed up like the doughnut section of the cafeteria, power was still being siphoned into one of the barrels of her laser cannon. Meaning I didn't just have to rely on my missiles and quick wits to get out of this fight.

Which I could. 

Totally.

But for now, I was going to hang back and wait for a better opportunity. Just as soon as shot that Sentry a death glare for harming my mech.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Darnit"

Ratchet had taken a look up, to see a spray of laser shots come at him, his mech made a tight and controlled dodge to the side, before resuming his position behind the G-Machine, it was almost like he'd bounced in and out.

Apparently the snazzy looking Fire Vulture had decided to single him out, fat chance. Ratchet did not go toe-to-toe unless he saw no other option.

And right now, D.A.N.E was a much more attractive target. As the Sentry moved away from Garry and opened fire on a nearby Uplink, a massive, clenched alloy fist came surging at the mech's surge cannon (taste of your own medicine there, clanker).

Edited by Rucks

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

I think I might've sworn when I saw that Surge Cannon fire. It was a little hard to tell in all the following kerfuffle of, y'know, me swinging the Ranger over behind Garry's G-Machine to escape the shot.

Fortunately, it looked like Ratchet was taking care of the Sentry for me.

It's nice to have friends like that.

IC:

Oz landed behind the wreckage of Armour Piercing with the unerring grace of a prima ballerina exiting out of a jump, gatling gun raised and already firing on Ratchet.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: D.A.N.E.

The machine gun on the Sentries back was torn apart during the barrage, along with its coolant systems. If D.A.N.E. moved, he would be shot up to a much more lethal point, so he stayed on the ground, essentially playing dead.

IC:

Oz landed behind the wreckage of Armour Piercing with the unerring grace of a prima ballerina exiting out of a jump, gatling gun raised and already firing on Ratchet.

Ratchet's alloyed hand shot up to cover the cockpit, but he could already feel that the rest of his mech wouldn't last long under fire. He needed cover, where was Garry, could he make it?

Wait...

Ratchet's eyes shot towards the downed Sentry, if there was any life left in the pilot, he could take care of that as long as he acted quickly.

Jets boosted, and the White Wraith shot forward under fire. Its hand shot out and grabbed the battered Sentry, the fingers wrapping around the robot pilot as Ratchet raised it in front of him to provide cover.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The acceleration shoved me against the back of my harness' padding, and I was vaguely aware that something liquid was leaksng from my shoulder. Funny how you hyperfocus on things like that. That was fine.

White Lightnings were made for these kind of stunts, right? I certainly hoped, because I wasn't done yet, not even close. Wind whistled through a burnt slice in the top of the reinforced screen and part of the HUD was down, but I knew where she was.

I held onto the controls with one hand and deactivated the autopilot with the other, keeping it in a backwards flip. I wasn't just driving the machine that enclosed my body anymore, I was piloting it. Its movements mirroring my own.

And then a shock shook the frame, and warning lights lit up across the part of the HUD that still worked. She'd gotten me again with that blasted sword, shearing through the end of one of the backmounted jets and forcing them both to automatically shut down to prevent a flight imbalance or y'know, an explosion.

That was okay, I could fly with just the bootjets. And they were the ones I needdd right now.

By this point I had completed the maneuver, flipping completely around so that she was infront of me now. I brought my arms forward, and the mech did likewise, the twin gatling lasers swinging into position on either side of the cockpit, lointed right at her. I didn't quite care about damaging myself at the moment.

Now give one of those great smiles you've got for the camera.

I clentched my fists, and the laser cannons opened up with all twelve barrels.

IC: Robot Forces

Unwilling to let one of their own perish at the hands of the inferior humans, the Venom turned towards the G-Machine and once again started laying down a barrage of fire. If anything, it would force the Grand Titan to defend itself instead of helping Ratchet or fire upon the two Sentries that were advancing forward quickly.

IC: Thunder Fury

Dents, seemingly appearing out of nowhere, peppered the frame of the Thunder Fury as it marched forward, but its armor held up so far against the onslaught of supersonic projectiles. With almost freightning speed, the juggernaut of a mech broke into what could be called a run, its huge ion cannon raised. The cannon fired shot after shot of armor-piercing laser rounds at the Grand Titan as gas cannisters were ejected from the weapon.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"I am fine!" Abraham declared, his Uplink sprinting (rather belatedly) onto the battlefield. He hadn't really planned to be late but learning the controls had taken a little longer than expected. Now, however, he was more than making up for it; charging the battlefield and spraying down covering fire for the Loan Ranger's retreat. "Abraham Stein, Up-Lincoln, has arrived."

OOC:

Designation: Up-Lincoln

Type: Uplink

Equipment: 

Right Hand: Dual-barrelled laser cannon

Left Hand: Blade

-Left Shoulder: Rocket Launcher

Appearance: Your average Uplink, with one exception; the previous user had insisted on a different left hand weapon, so the rocket launcher was moved to the shoulder. The charred plating near the wrist indicates what happened to the previous weapon, but at Abraham's insistence a slightly oversized blade was hurriedly affixed to the hard point.

IC:

The Thunder Furies found its way impeded by a hail of laserfire, the Spiral Enforcer turning its sights on the advancing machines. The Supernova-class machine had turned slightly to present its shoulder as a target rather than its torso, but its aim was unerring.

"Well, isn't this fun."

IC:

With near silence, from sources initially unknown, a metal slug rocketed at unbelievable speeds towards Ratchet's White Wraith. Though Ratchet would lack the time, anyone else could have traced its trajectory to a dimply visible shape in the far distance. Panzer's targeting systems moved away as his machine's turbines flared, moving him to a new position near the robots' side of the bridge.

D.A.N.E.'s apparent demise was inconvenient, but it would not impact their chances of victory overmuch.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Garry - G-MACHINE

The G-MACHINE rocked as it retreated backwards from the combined firepower of both the Venom and the Thunder Fury. While Garry had managed to successfully evade numerous projectiles, dents still peppered his machine's armour. For all its defensive power, it wasn't invincible, especially when under assault by two of the most powerful mechs on the robot attack force. Still, his coilguns continued to fire, one thundering at the Venom, while the other continued to fire at the Thunder Fury. His turrets moved into position as well, with laserfire peppering the two approaching Sentries.

Plasma lashed out at the Thunder Fury as the Betelgeuse once again moved into battle, Holly agilely manoeuvring her machine around her allies to get a clear shot with her electro-powered hands, the blasts seeking to melt away at the gigantic robot mech.

IC: Fire Vulture

The shot blasted clean through the left side of the Fire Vulture's claw arm, taking out a chunk of armor but otherwise leaving yhe mech undamaged. Still, even hitting the target at that range was impresdive to say the least. The Fire Vulture dived in closer to the fray, as to discourage any follow up shots.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: D.A.N.E.

D.A.N.E. would have screamed if he was a human. He quickly raised the gun up and fired, his chest squashed.

IC:

With near silence, from sources initially unknown, a metal slug rocketed at unbelievable speeds towards Ratchet's White Wraith. Though Ratchet would lack the time, anyone else could have traced its trajectory to a dimply visible shape in the far distance. Panzer's targeting systems moved away as his machine's turbines flared, moving him to a new position near the robots' side of the bridge.

D.A.N.E.'s apparent demise was inconvenient, but it would not impact their chances of victory overmuch.

Ratchet had been slowly moving backwards all the while holding the Armor Piercing propped up in front of him.

When D.A.N.E aimed his surge cannon, Ratchet held the mech out to the side, the blast passing right in front of him.

"ohoho, looks like there's still some fight in you, clanker" Ratchet began to boast.

But then, a sudden impact shook his mech, and an internal alarm blared. Another robot had taken its chance and fired a shot that passed right through the Wraith's armor plating and lodged itself in one of the launch mechanisms for Ratchet's missiles. His left shouldered rockets were useless now. He needed to get back to proper cover.

Fortunately, he was nearing Garry and the G-Machine at this point, and could jump back.

"Good riddance to you, clanker" Ratchet said to D.A.N.E, and moved to throw the Armor Piercing off the bridge!

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The Shot impacted the side of the cockpit, sending another tremor through the White Wraith. At this range, the armor had been blasted away at the impact spot, leaving a nice gaping hole for someone to target, Ratchet would have to watch that.

That someone wasn't going to be D.A.N.E, however, who Ratchet now threw off the bridge. He then backed away to safety behind the G-Machine.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: oh really now?

;D

IC: Fire Vulture

"Negative, termination request denied. Purpose has not yet fulfilled."

The flat, mechanical monotone came over the crippled robot's comm, and would be, if any of the conversationalists had been human, quite a surprise to hear.

"Stand by."

The Fire Vulture, which had already been swooping in low to assist, dropped completely over yhe side as D.A.N.E. did, its turbofan forcing it downward. The robot had scarcely begun to fall when it was caught in the Vulture's electro claws, thankfully not activated.

No, it wasn't an act of kindness nor had the robot gone out of his way to rescue his comrade, he had simply calculated that the gain of salvaging D.A.N.E. while he was still functional outweighed the cost of the fuel expended to retrieve him.

And lucky for D.A.N.E., if the Fire Vulture had been a meter further behind, it would have been the other way around.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

The White Wraith was still facing the spot where it had thrown the Armor Piercing off, and as such Ratchet had a clear view when the Fire Vulture moved in to catch the Sentry.

"Oh no you don't" Ratchet thought to himself and opened fire with his laser cannon at the Fire Vulture's claw.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...