IC: An ordinary mech would have taken serious damage from Eli's laser assault. But the Hunt wasn't an ordinary mech. Its designers had seen that its agility would let it dodge a lot of projectiles... So the shield generator was intentionally constructed to block something that traveled much faster: light. The bolts hit the Hunt dead on, but its armor was mostly saved as the shield activated and refracted the lasers passing through it, removing their focus and preventing them from punching through it. Mostly being the operative word. Christina grimaced as the weakened beams hit the black armor of the Hunt and her temperature warning lights started to blink. Two options. One, get closer. Risk frying the Hunt's systems and falling out of the air. Two, fall back, leave the mission incomplete... And still be under fire from the laser cannons that were currently locked on to her.

She sighed. Robotic choice.

The Hunt's back engine shut down, leaving the exhaust vents open to release heat and focusing all of the power used for it on the shields. She crossed her arm in front of her, putting the strongest part of the shield directly in front of the part that the beam was focusing on.

The shoulder mounted jets, now all that she needed to keep up with the slowed White Lightning, pushed her closer very quickly, as the plasma blade powered up for another strike. This time... She seemed not to be able to see because of the lasers, because the slash was aimed for the left of Eli- she'd miss him, but the blade would sever the controls for the left arm of the mech completely.

Well, if I'm gonna have my picture taken... I'd prefer if you had your arm around me.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Eli

The blowback from the blast hit me like a punch in the gut, warning lights flared as a wave of superheated air washed over the battered White Lightning, I could feel it seeping in through the slice in the windscreen, the air shimmering. I didn't look away from the beams of pure energy, nor the vortex of light that surrounded my target. The blast must have messed with my sensors as well, because they clearly showed her getting closer-

I cursed after realizing she was getting closer, that blasted shield doing away with most of the beams' energy.

Wow, she really can't stand being without me.

Alright then how about we-

A beam of plasma slicing out from the brilliant glare cut off my thoughs, and cut right through the side of the cockpit, severing the control surfaces to that arm, but thankfully leaving my own arm intact. I reacted with pure instinct, my body kicking in the hours of endless training we all went through, and lashed out with a jet-assisted kick towards her even as the beams from the left gatling laser cut off.

IC: Robot Forces

Under fire from three different sources, the Thunder Fury nearly stopped dead in its tracks from the combined energy slowly melting or breaking its way through it's thick armor. But the titanic machine had gotten close enough to unleash the full arsenal at its disposal. Still under fire, the juggernaut opened up with its chest-mounted gatling laser, the bolts flying out towards the Spiral Enforcer. Meanwhile, the missiles contained within it rocketed outward in an unpredictable wavingng pattern as four of them homed in on Holly.

Meanwhile, the heaviest weapon in its array of weapons, the main laser cannon, unloaded shot after shot towards Garry.

The Venom stayed slightly back from the fray, but it continued to provide firing support even as coilgun shots impacted its frame. Both its weapon arms were pointed at the Grand Titan, pouring out laser shots from the gatling laser and heavy cannon respectively. Soon, it would be close enough to use the energy-disrupting destroyer disk lancher mounted on its back, in addition to the two gigantic warheads strapped to its shoulders.

Seeing as D.A.N.E. was out of the mech, the Fire Vulture simply let it drop into empty space, just as the sniper shot from Vanessa blew the "hand" clean off. Undeterred, the craft unleashed a torrent of flame towards Ratchet as it flew past.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Vanessa di Lombardy - Tusculum

Aim. Centre on the target. Fire again.

Another sniper shot streak towards the D.A.N.E-holding Fire Vulture's torso.

IC: Holly Yuan - BETELGEUSE

The missiles closed in on Holly, but she was unafraid. As they entered her range, she swung her arms to face them, plasma spurting outwards and disintegrating the threats to her machine. In return, she began to close the distance, firing a wave of plasma at the Thunder Fury.

NPC: At the range Gerry was firing from, the lasers didn't make much difference to the Supernova level armor of the Sentries. But maybe the combined power of all four of their laser cannons, focused at the same place in his armor with accuracy that could only be accomplished with a mechanical mind, would.

IC: Christina was knocked upward as the kick hit the Hunt's leg with a crack.

But the crack wasn't the Hunt's leg. Christina screamed in pain as her left leg was knocked out of joint by the sudden motion of the mech, her entire hip shooting full of hurt. Out of reflex she locked the servo motors around it, keeping it from moving and hurting her any worse. Through eyes clouded by tears of pain she focused on the battleworn and badly beaten White Lightning below her. She set her jaw, the plasma blade and main engine igniting once again as she swooped in, letting her robotic eye lock on the lower part of the cockpit. This time, the slash would be aimed for Eli's right arm controls.

And she wasn't going to be stupid enough to stay right where a kick could hit her.

Oh, honey, you know I hate to be tickled.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Garry, not Gerry. And he was attacking two Sentries, not all of them.

IC: Garry - G-MACHINE

The G-MACHINE was faltering, its armour slowly being ripped to shreds by the ruthless onslaught of the robot forces. A minute more of this constant punishment and Garry knew that his machine would fail. It was too slow to dodge all his enemies, so really, there was really one choice left.

He turned on the Venom, every weapon on his machine firing rapidly at the titanic robot's mass as he moved forwards. Both shoulder turrets spun rapidly, spraying lasers at the other mech's weaponry, all while his supersonic coilgun peppered its torso.

If his machine wouldn't last, then he would go out distracting the enemy.

IC: Eli

Another wave of pure energy shot out from her mech's hand, ripping through the the air like some creature. Oh man, I really must be losing some blood cause that was just poetic.

That, or old habits die hard, I always did suck at poetry though.

I wasted no time getting away from this slash, pulling back and activating the afterburners. It wasn't enough, but at least it kept me safe, mostly. Her blade still sheared through the windscreen to my right, really honey you should work on your aim, and a section of it even started to peel away from the stress. And forget about a HUD, that was long gone.

With the left arm dead, I swung the right one over, and unloaded with the energy disk launcher once again. I'd get fried if I fired up the gatlinb laser without anything shielding me.

OOC: NPC post when not so busy.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 2 weeks later...

Name: SU-51

Species: Robot

Appearance: Similar to the average Devastator, but sleeker and black. His arms have green disks on them, made of energy. These can launch and temporarily disable small portions of a mech or robot's systems.

Skill(s): SU-51 is skilled at tactical analysis and avoidance maneuvers.

Personality: SU-51 displays a cold, uncaring personality, like most devastators. He prefers to strike at the root of a problem instead of attacking it head-on. 

Weakness(es): He's not very strong.

Mech:

Designation: SMSU-II 30. Also called SU-51_mech

Type: Sentry II

Equipment: (

• Right Shoulder: One homing missile.
  • Left Shoulder:Repeating disruption blaster, same effect as SU-51's disks.
  • Right Hand: Lightweight sword that can charge with disruption energy to temporarily deactivate forcefield.
  • Left Hand: Standard blaster.
  • Torso: The airscoop has been heavily modified and placed on the back. It now functions purely as a jumpjet device and short-range flight.

Appearance: More weapons then average, with a large airscoop on the back and small boosters on the feet.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Where should I start?

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Right now we've got a battle going on the Techni Bridge, Hub was awesome enough to have made a diagram of the current battlelines here.

Currently, the Venom and the Thunder Fury are converging on the G-Machine and Spiral Enforcer, and the rest are basically exchanging fire.  The past two pages have been pertaining to the battle if you want to read up more on the specific movements.  Feel free to hop in on the action there, or just start up somewhere else on the robot side of the mountain if you'd like.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Alright

IC SU-51:

"Message(priority=3) = units in battle(Tactical-1) reinforcements wanted"

"Responding=SU-51"

SU-51's airscoop roared to life, launching the mech in the air. The HUD displayed the travel time possible, and showed that the mech would be able to fly the whole way. Following the most efficient course, SU-51 felt no emotion. 

IC: Despite having one leg locked to prevent Christina's hip from getting further injured, the Hunt was still in good shape, and the disks were without the aid of his mech's targeting system. The Hunt spun to dodge them, Christina gasping in pain as the inertia pushed her leg slightly to the side in the suit. One more slash, aimed for the bottom of his cockpit. The impact would cut the controls to his legs, slice the last attachment of the cover, and cause the mech to fall out of the sky.

There was no avoiding it, I felt the slash connect through the frame; a moment of resistance before the beam sliced through the thin armor.  The smell of melted circuits and burnt synthetic materials filled the cabin, nearly gagging me.  My head started to float, and I vaguely wondered if I had lost enough blood to do that yet.  Then a shot of adrenaline as I realized that feeling was because my mech's bootjets had cut out.

Oh.

And dive. The Hunt swooped downward, matching velocity with the incapacitated White Lightning, throwing its plasma blade to the side. One mechanoid hand jabbed through the hole created by the four slashes, grabbing Eli and pulling him out of the suit.

Now, the problem was pulling up. Christina was shielded by her suit, the inertial dampeners letting her survive– but Eli was not. The mech kept falling as the jets shifted direction, slowing her descent slightly as it pointed them through the ravine, starting to pull up– and blast toward the robot side of the ravine, gradually slowing, stopping, and going back up, aiming for a large port on the side of the canyon.

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Gwen / Tenchi Bridge

"Guys!" I shouted into the intercom as I watched the tiny mech try to right itself and fly up and over to the robot side of the gorge. "They've grabbed Eli!"

IC: Soho / Tenchi Bridge

"Pleasure to have some support, SU-51," Soho added, observing the on-goings with an inquisitive eye.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC SU-51:

"Message:Recieved(Priority=1-2, string=""Pleasure to have some support, SU-51,"")

"Message:Recieved(Priority=1-2, string='Affirmitive, SU-51, assistance needed."')

"Message:Sent(Priority=2, string="Request battleground info")"

SU-51_mech landed on the robot side of the bridge, the sword powering up as the targeting computers activated.

IC: Soho / Tenchi Bridge

"Difficult to ascertain," the robot replied. "The Hunt appears to have disabled a White Lightning, the Venom and a Thunder Fury have engaged two more humans, D.A.N.E.'s mech has been rendered inoperable, and we have a human sniper in an undetermined location. The rest of the combatants are engaged in sundry battles."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC SU-51:

Calculating possible actions....

"Message:Sent(Priority=2, string="Understood. Will attempt to draw the sniper out."

SU-51 piloted its mech to the side of the Thunder Fury, powering its sword up.

IC:

My mech couldn't fly, so it wasn't much use trying to get to Eli by (why did you have to go and get yourself kidnapped Eli if you get hurt i'm -never- forgiving you), so I turned my intellect and my walking titan of combat hardware towards a much more feasible plan of rescue:

Fighting my way across the bridge, through the robot side of the mountain, to the port that Eli's captor seemed to be headed towards.

I'm so brilliant it's scary.

First action: raising my laser cannon and shooting a ba-jeez-us of lasers at the closest mech I could see, a Sentry 2 parked over by a Thunder Fury.

OOC: That would be SU-51 she's shooting at.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

Long range support established.

The laconic communication filtered across robot-aligned frequencies, accompanied, to Panzer's optics, by the settling of a targeting scope on the human side of the Tenshi bridge. The Hunt seemed to have completed its objective, so Panzer's remaining objective was simple.

Eliminate the opposition.

IC:

"Gwen, don't get out too far ahead!"

Abraham, for his part, was adapting relatively well to the Uplink. It lacked many of the features he was used to, but the principles were the same. Frowning to himself he directed the machine after the other Uplink, weapons online to provide backup.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Don't worry Abe, I mostly know what I'm doing!"

IC:

And in truth, Abraham Stein did have little to fear when it came to Guinevere Tylers' safety.

"Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everything~"

Really, it was his own which he should have been more concerned about.

"Wonderful is what I feel when, we're together~"

Soho, noting that the Uplink was moving forward (most likely to aid its comrade), piloted Oz around to the side of the Up-Lincoln, maintaining his position in the air, and proceeded to open fire on the mech with its gatling gun. All while humming, albeit tunelessly.

"And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine~"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Still, stay-"

Anything further was cut off by a low curse, the cause of which was the mech rather larger than the Up-Lincoln that suddenly appeared in his peripheral vision. He yanked hard on the controls, sending the Uplink surging diagonally forward even as the Oz started peppering the bridge with laserfire, and by extension, Abraham's own machine. The Uplink moved well, but he could feel the difference in speed. He didn't know if it was the machine, or if it was him. In the back of his head, a little voice told him it was probably him. 

Laser blasts slammed, even if only for a few moments, into the Uplink's side prompting a battery of warning lights and caution signs. Charred, melted armor was the clear result, the heat almost palpable inside the cockpit. Or maybe he was imagining that.

He really, really hoped he was imagining it.

"Armor integrity: 86%."

"Yes, I can see that." He muttered furiously, the Up-Lincoln pivoting on the spot to return fire with its dual-barreled laser. Abraham didn't particularly seem to notice he was talking out loud, or care for that matter, he was trying to ignore the aching from his ankle and the blossoming concern behind his eyes. "The Zephyr's quiet, you know. Doesn't bother me with redundant information." 

The smart thing to do would have been to fall back, regrouping near the Enforcer and the G-Machine. The engineers had told him, stressed in fact, that the Uplink was not designed for a heavy combat role during their crash course in the mech's operation. Medium armor was protective, but it couldn't stand up to weapons fire like a bigger machine could. His own armament wasn't anywhere near that of the Fire Vulture harassing him, and he had almost zero practical knowledge of their effectiveness.

But Gwen was still out ahead, attempting to one-woman-army her way into the robot half of the mountain.

Gritting his teeth, Abraham engaged evasive maneuvers, insistently pressing forward even as he fired back.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Soho noted the human's persistence and its strangeness. The most logical course of action would have been to fall back behind the one of the more-heavily armoured battle machines and take cover from the laser fire; and yet, this one continued forward despite the heavy damage which it had appeared to have received, coupled with the low level of protection which Uplinks were equipped with.

So, the machine decided, we have a Determinator on our hands. Classing this one as: noteworthy, potentially dangerous.

The robot's fingers danced across the controls of its sensor board, fixing its view on the cockpit of the human machine and zooming in on its occupant. It was always good to have an idea of who one was facing in combat, particularly if that enemy utilized unorthodox manoeuvres.

What Soho found was surprising.

No file match whatsoever.

Well then, it was clear who it was. The report of an earlier skirmish of that day had indicated a mysterious flying battle machine entering from unknown airspace and engaging the robotic forces; this would account for the lack of recognition of this pilot. Another report, this one from the collection of the experimental core, revealed that this mystery machine sustained heavy damage and crash-landed in the gorge, only barely making it back to the human base of operations. This would explain why the new pilot was utilizing an Uplink.

Perhaps I was hasty to engage this one.

Of course, Soho's thought process was shaken when some of this human's shots found purchase in the hull of Oz, searing through the lighter armour and weakening the heavier material (which, for aerodynamic purposes, was hardly much heavier). Tutting silently, the machine shut down its guns, opened up his communications to all channels and, with as much intonation as it could manage, began speaking.

"Hello. Hello, pilot of the damaged Uplink. My name is Devastator Unit S-040. You can call me Soho if you want. I apologize for shooting at you earlier; if I had suspected that you were as important as I believe you to be, I would have avoided such unnecessary violence."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Momoka Kikukawa

Species: Human

Appearance: Momoka wears a navy blue bodysuit with a zipper running down the front and a gunmetal peach painted on her back. Ms. Kikukawa has a pair of grey goggles resting either on her head or around her neck when not in battle. The arm sleeves are the same shade of metallic paint as her emblem and often wears black gloves and leather boots. When engaging the robots in combat, the pilot is geared up with a flak jacket and helmet.

Skills: While she is not specialized in one particular area, Momoka can hold her own ground in combat and is capable of healing minor injuries and repairing damaged parts.

Personality: Momoka can be described as polite and caring for her teammates.

Weakness: While Ms. Kikukawa has received basic training, she is not a specialist in any particular area and as a result, appears quite inferior to the rest of the pilots.

Designation: Peach (the mech is named after her favorite fruit.)

Type: Gate Defender

Right Shoulder: A rectangular missile launcher. Can launch 4 missiles at once. The word "N-00B" is written on the top of it.

Left Shoulder: A laser pointer with a wide barrel. It juts out slightly when seen from the side.

Right Hand: A magazine fed machine gun that takes the place of a regular hand.

Left Hand: It's just a simple hand with 4 fingers and an opposable thumb.

Torso: The mech has a slightly modified frame that increases its internal strength. The cockpit has also been upgraded with a more durable windscreen.

Appearance: Unlike regular gate defenders, which are painted white, Momoka's gate defender is painted black. The front of the cockpit slightly points forward and the leg design of the battle mech has been altered so there are small jet boosters located where the calves would be on a humanoid.

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

OOC: Joining the battle.

IC (As Momoka) (Tenichi bridge): A black Gate Defender zoomed away from Sentai fortress as it shot forward like a rocket and landed behind Betelguese with a loud clang. "Sorry I'm late to the battle, I had to equip my mech before setting out for battle." Momoka explained as she stepped past Holly. "So, what's the situation here? I'm ready to assist in any way I can!"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC (As Momoka): "Take down all visible robots, rescue humans and return them to the base, understood!" The young woman called out enthusiastically as she took aim at a sentry that was looming closer towards the humans and fired a round, watching it travel through the air before it tore right through the iron drone and shattered the cockpit of the machine. "What about the devastators, how do we deal with them?" She asked as Momoka lowered her weapon and stood still. 

OOC: Just for the record, Liuth; generally, a battle machine won't be taken down with just a single round. If you want to take down an enemy in a single post, you still have to write out the fight. Storytelling comes before gameplay, and all that.  :) 

IC:

"In my experience, anything goes down if you pump enough high-energy laser beams into it."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"You know, Dad always said not to trust strange robots. Especially if they start calling you important." 

"Actually I don't know that he said the last part. But the rest is relevant."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

"You know, I'm not sure you know humans all that well. Maybe I don't know them very well anymore either. But I find that when they have no place left to run, they tend to go down fighting. Another little thing dad taught me was how to be really good at poker. Have to learn to read a bluff. And I saw you take damage too." Abraham's intonation didn't change, a juxtaposition with his implications that was sure to register as an oddity in Soho's head, but he didn't make any moves to continue the fight.

"So what do you want to talk about, Soho? Bacon? Donuts? Where I'm from? Secret world domination plans?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Stein. They're pretty good. Much better than stewed cabbage rations." The foreign pilot replied conversationally, giving no indication to the fact that, as he talked, he was examining his sensory displays very carefully. Armor wasn't nearly as intact as he had hoped, and the robot had a point; if he pressed the fight, he had a very high probability of losing. His options weren't nearly so numerous as they were if he was in the Zephyr, but the old girl was a half-wrecked mess back at Exo-Force headquarters that the mechanics couldn't fix in time if he asked them to.

And still Gwen was pulling away from safe cover. Taking a deep breath, he started slowly inching the Up-Lincoln after her, testing the waters to see if his conversation partner attacked.

"Not much to say about lineage, I'm afraid. Dad died ages ago. Day 274 of year eight, I think. Left me the old girl as an inheritance. Couldn't tell you much about where I came from. Can tell you a whole lot about canned rations and instant coffee, though."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Oh yes, your battle machine," Soho cooed, patiently watching Mr. Stein's Uplink carefully move towards his compatriots', waiting to observe the consequences. "A unique and remarkable design, I must admit. A battle machine with both a cranial unit and the ability to ... well, for lack of a more poetic term, transform into new shapes. I don't suppose, Mr. Stein, that you were the one to implement such features into your ... old girl?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"No, that would be an old world technician who first pioneered that one, and a mechanic who implemented it. I know how it works, though, given that I've been the one maintaining it for the past ten years." 

The enemy wasn't attacking, but that was temporary. He knew it. The robot wanted information, and as long as he was providing it, he was buying himself time. Eventually, however, that would run out. And the more he stalled, the further he got away from any backup. He had not been bluffing when he implied he would take the robot down with him, but Abraham really preferred that it not come to that.

He sent Gwen a silent message over encrypted comms, old Morse code, trying to signal her to pull back.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Some absolutely fascinating mechanics, I'm certain," Soho cooed, consciously modulating its voicebox to add emphasis where it wanted it. "A pity how it was damaged in the gorge. Of course, I'm sure that it will be fixed, thanks to the efforts of both yourself and your Manic Pixie Dream Girl of a companion, Miss Tylers."

The Oz hovered where it was in the air, making no move to assault anything, but Soho's eyes never left the forms of the Up-Lincoln and the Loan Ranger.
 The latter battle machine tilted slightly, turning so that its sensors could pick up the scene between Abe and the robot in better quality, its laser-cannon wielding arm rising juuuuuust a bit and its left leg moving back juuuuust a bit; not enough that it couldn't have just been from my hand brushing against the controls.

(wink wink nudge nudge IT WAS INTENTIONAL)

I quickly sent a message back to Abe (I thanked my lucky stars that I'd decided to learn Morse Code last summer), just enough to let him know that I was on my way back and asking whether I should start shooting at the 'bot know or later.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"I don't know that term, and I think you made it up."

Abraham's response was completely serious, though not without the same friendly tone, as he carefully sent to Gwen the signals for a single word; Later.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Gwen - Tenchi Bridge

I nodded (a little sullenly, admittedly) and took a full step backwards.

IC: Soho - Tenchi Bridge

"Simply because you don't know something does not it doesn't exist," Soho said, eyes flicking over to the retreating form of the Loan Ranger. "I, for instance, do not know what it is to feel true emotion; does that mean that such a capacity does not exist? I think not."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]