• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"Well, she isn't wrong."

IC:

"Perhaps we should solve the issue, and discuss it later." Panzer stated coolly, regarding the world through the scope of his rifle. "I would advise a retreat, Soho, once you have unit D.A.N.E. I will cover your retreat." 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

I coughed something fierce, eyes snapping open until I realized it was me who was choking on their lungs.  My mouth tasted like jet fuel, which I did actually have the pleasure of trying once (Gwen you monster).  Eyes didn’t quite work right, not yet.  Back was killing me.

Lots of grey.

A sharp spike of pain through my back was replaced moments later by fear.  The ache in my leg calmed my nerves, at least I could still feel them.

By now my heart had slowed enough for me to actually register what was going on, and I pushed myself off of the biting cold of the metallic floor to sit upright.  Whole body screamed from the motion, I hissed through clenched teeth.

"Admiring your handiwork?"

I looked towards the voice, trying to make sense of what the was going on.

Oh.

Right.

####.

“What, here to gloat?” I snapped, hauling myself up to standing.  My eyes were still having trouble adjusting to the low lighting, but I could see enough.

"You managed to dislocate my hip, one of the few non-replaceable parts I have, and robots don't use anesthesia," she bit out, smiling at his wincing. He was hurt too. Good. Christina's fingers tapped the metal plate around her right, mechanical eye. "This look like a gloating face to you?"

"Thought you enjoyed the sight of defenseless humans."

My gaze shifted to the side, as the obscure shapes scattered around her slowly resolved themselves.  I always wondered what this side of the mountain looked like, but I assumed I’d find out once we busted down the doors finally get rid of the tin cans.  Being held prisoner here was less than amazing.

I wasn’t dead, yet.  Would be, soon, as soon as they realized that I didn’t like to talk.  To them.

"Sorry, forgot that expression doesn’t come naturally to you."

"No, I don't, actually. I'm not allowed to kill them." Her robotic shoulder raised in a slight shrug, a pair of a human and a glowing green eye focusing on Eli's face. "Nah, I preferred the sight of you falling from the sky in a White Lightning with its engines cut. Too bad I wasn't allowed to watch it until the fiery climax."

I didn't shudder at the thought of smashing into the rocky face of the mountain, not quite.  Helped that any kind of movement hurt like a ############ right now, I didn't have to work to hard at the whole not letting her get under my skin thing.  "What a shame," I breathed sardonically, attempting to glean a better look of our slate-gray surroundings.  That I didn't try to hide, she knew what I would be doing.

"So what, you gonna try and convert me then, or is this a last goodbye before your bosses haul me off to some bottomless pit."

Christina crossed her arms. "I'm the only one of my kind, Eli. Prototype. And evidently my line is discontinued. Trust me, this wouldn't be the final goodbye. I'd watch them throw you down." Her eyes were burning as she continued. "No, we're keeping you here. Bait, I suppose. Force humanity to take the offense."

"Well that's just swell, guess that means we finally get some quality time."

OOC:

ALRIGHT SKELETONS.

New Objective for humans: rescue the poor sap from the demonic cyborg chick and her robot friends.  I'm instituting a few hour timeskip to after the battle, assume that everyone's wound down and are making preparations to head over to the robot side.  Plan and handle this however you like, though I will be running interference.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Abraham, at this very moment, was talking to his plane.

Well. Sort of. He was talking, and didn't seem to mind much that the Zephyr wasn't talking back.

"Alright old girl, how much is it going to take to get you running again?" The foreign pilot asked, perched precariously on the mech's shoulder so he could examine the damage on the wing. Most of the internals had already been patched with compatible wiring, but the damage to the exterior was still extensive. And making those parts work was proving to be much more difficult. "Maybe upgrade your guns a little, too, robots don't seem to mind shells too much."

"Wish the technicians would stop looking at me funny."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"If you wave a blowtorch at them, they stop doing that," said the cute engineer (ie: ME) tapping away at a computer down at the base of the Zephyr. I'd firmly planted myself ever since we got back and cleaned up, working through the files from Abe's mech as fast as I could, hacking through swatches of data to get to anything that could help:

a) Fix the Zephyr faster.

b) Get me juicy new specs on the Zephyr.

c) Get Eli back.

"Meanwhile," I added, glancing up at the newbie, "can I just say that I'm going to have to get a new computer exclusively for your info? Have you ever actually deleted anything?"

IC:

A human.

They had a human in the base; it had been days since that had happened, and back then, Soho hadn't been granted access to them. But this time ... this time....

The machine bounded through the hallways of its base, the sounds of its black longcoat whipping behind it.

OOC: Soho open for interaction.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"I didn't." Abe commented, ignoring the sparks that bounced off his hair as he peered a little too closely into a circuit block. "Recorded an audio log daily. Updated maps occasionally. Core programming should be in there, too, and the schematics. I copied the entire black box onto your servers before we left. I don't think my Dad deleted anything, either, so there are probably logs going back..."

"Fifteen years, easy."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: https://youtu.be/tax4e4hBBZc?t=13s

IC:

I cleared my throat and, addressing whoever was in the hangar, said, "So, Eli's been captured, right?"

"Tell me we have a plan to get him out of there, 'Cuz, he still owes my bowels some compensation from the last flight I had with him, and I think it's that time of the week where we go #### up some toasters."

Edited by BULiK > ∑(MyParts)

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC:  Glad you're joining, but do make sure you read the rules when you do.  One of them is to keep all out-of-character posts in their proper taggings, like mine is.  Don't worry, we won't tar and feather you (yet), right now this is just a minor nitpick.  It's a good time to be joining, because once we get around to it, a rescue mission is coming.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

"Unit Soho." A smooth, robotic voice intoned in greeting as Panzer-009 approached from the opposite direction of the hall. "One of the machines I wished to see, actually. I could use your assistance on a few projects, if you had the time to spare."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OOC:

Name: Sammy Gregucci

Species: Human

Appearance: I'm too lazy to type out a description, so here's a picture of my character from the Dino Attack RPG.

Skill(s): A mission handler. And sleeping. That is all.

Personality: A daydreaming, introvert, contemplative man. Overall, a passive guy.

Weakness(es): Being outside of his room

Mech:

Designation: Oathbreaker

Type: Supernova

Equipment:

• Right Shoulder: Harpoon for reeling things in
  • Left Shoulder: Another harpoon for reeling even more things in
  • Right Hand: Minigun/vulcan/machine gun thingy
  • Left Hand: Imagine a glowy blue chainsaw
  • Torso: I'm not going to describe it, so here's a link to the mech from different angles. The torso/cockpit is barely visible

Appearance: Once again, I'm too lazy to type out an appearance, so here's a picture instead. I'm the orange/white guy, but mentally remove the orange/white color scheme and replace it with blue/black. Also, the mech can't fly. Instead, it can use it's "wings" as a thruster pack, propelling the mech over short distances on land and temporary in the air. 

Edited by Lord Commander Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Name: Maxonn

Species: Human (in armor)

Appearance: Pictures coming soon

Skills: Master pilot and strategist

Personality: Maxonn is a master strategist; preferring not to attack directly but to instead perform of flanking manuevers in quick succession while pulling off all kinds of crazy stunts. At first he may seem cold, or hard to approach but those who know him will tell you that he is very warm and caring for his friends.

Weakness: Not the best at using initiative.

Mech:

Designation: A09 Orion

Type: Silent strike

Equipment:

• Right and left wing: Proton missle pods (like the ones on the Silent Strike's wings).
  • Right Hand: Quad-beam laser rifle: A weapon that sacrifices speed for raw damage output at great distances.
  • Left Hand: Electro shield: A more defensive version of the double-bladed electro sword found on the stealth hunter.
  • Torso: Multiple detection devices: Sonar, thermal vision, night vision, flashlight

Appearance: Pictures coming soon

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

IC: Power up!  Said a voice through the comms device built into Maxonn's armor. The Orion came to life with a barely audible humm and it's power core lit up with bright red light. It's that time of the year again! Maxonn thought to himself. When the gates opened he got ready to shoot up into the sky.

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

OOC: Humans and robots are back at their respective bases with "no robots allowed" and "no humans allowed" signs posted on the entrances respectively. Both are winding down from the previous battle, while the humans are also gearing up for a rescue operation. One of their own was captured in said battle, and so that's the main objective.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Said wrench was caught with surprising dexterity, flipped once in the hand, and used to tighten a very large bolt. The Zephyr's inconsistent coloration irritated him, in the back of his head, but he pushed the thought aside. If it was functional then it was good enough for now.

"How are we looking, Guinevere?"

IC:

Panzer gave the faintest inclination of his head in assent before he turned, walking down one of the base's passages towards the area allocated for his project. "I have simulations running on a new Battle Machine, however those have approximately twenty two minutes until their completion. In the meantime, I think your fascination with the humans could be quite advantageous."

"I recently captured fifty specimens, all of which have been implanted with devices that make them loyal to our cause. Our opponents' sole advantage over us has always been their ability to innovate and adapt in small quantities of time. In this way, we can make that work for us. However, I must admit that determining how to modify our controls for their use and relay orders most effectively to them is beyond my realm of expertise. Your input would be most useful."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC SU-51

Diagnostic: modified Sentry 2

Armor integrity: 81%

Primary weaponry power: 90%

Secondary weaponry power: 90%

Commencing repairs.

SU-51 directed the mechanical arms towards the appropriate sections of his modified Sentry 2

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

"Systems are stabilizing, hull integrity's back up to acceptable levels, power cores are drinking up like a horse by the water and racking up our electricity bills like nothing else," I said. "By all accounts, the Zephyr's on the up and up. Should be ready to fly again in an hour or two. Maybe less, if you'd let me do a little tinkering...?"

pleasepleasepleaseplease

IC:

"I'll need the schematics for these devices of yours, in that case" Soho said. "Manipulation and indoctrination would have been better, but I suppose time is of the essence, correct? Don't answer that, actually, I probably know it. Time is always of the essence, so I think I should probably see these recruits of yours right away. Where might they be?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Be my guest."

IC:

"East wing." Panzer answered easily, starting off in that direction with the measured clang of metal on metal. "Iron Drones were tasked with creating functional living quarters for them shortly after our proof of concept succeeded. You can find the schematics filed under Project #5197. I've added you to the access control whitelist."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"Wonderful," Soho said, matching pace with Panzer all the way. "I'll know more once I've had a chance to examine the specimens, of course, but my first thought is of using our newest resource for information. You know, the cyborg's new ... what's the term that the humans use again? Boytoy, I think."

IC:

"...Abe, if I start screaming and frothing at the mouth, don't be alarmed, okay?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Hey look another RPG for me to make waaaaay too many characters in! :P

Name: Sarcen (sar-sen) Vale
Species: Human
Appearance: Rugged, tomboyish look. Short hair in a strikingly green shade.
Skill(s): Piloting Battle Machines. Eating. This girl can put away food like no other. 
Personality: Generally friendly, though very particular about her sills as a Battle Machine pilot. 
Weakness(es): Thinks she can dance. She cannot. Tends to be over aggressive in combat, and easily taunted.

Mech:

Designation: Kenkaku
Type: Gate Defender
Equipment: (Weapons and other such equipment, not at all restricted to what is normally equipped on Battle Machines, though keep common sense in mind. You're not likely to see an Uplink running around with a Thunder Fury's Ion Cannon. Weapon hardpoints [places where equipment can be attached] include both “hands”, shoulders, and the torso.)
Right Shoulder: Missile Launcher- Air to ground, short range
Left Shoulder: Missile Launcher- Air to ground, short range
Right Hand: Laser Gatling gun, Medium range, fires fast but doesn't hit very hard.
Left Hand: Laser cannon, high power long range directed energy weapon.
Torso: Sensory and communications array.
Appearance:Ozi75aM.png?1

OOC: Woo-hoo!

IC Sarcen Vale - One of the many, many, many bridges:

Inside her Gate Defender, Sarcen Vale yawned and stretched, scratching her strangely green hair as she tried to stave off dozing away. The bots had been pretty quiet ever since that battle up on Tenchi....  Still, everyone had to do their part, and right now, Sarcen's part was guarding this bridge.

However boring that may be.......

Her Battle Machine, a custom Gate Defender designated Kenkaku had been kept in the traditional white and blue, but that was all that was left to tradition. Sarcen's Gate Defender could almost rightfully be called a Gate Defender II. With a higher powered Laser rifle on the left and a Gatling Laser on the right, Kenkaku was anything but ordinary. And of course, the missiles. Sarcen smiled. Missiles were always nice.

Her smile fell away. Not as nice when there was nothing to use them on. She sighed, and started once more the routine patrol that she could swear had left an indentation in the bridge's surface.

OOC: Sarcen Vale is OFI!

IC:

"I'll bear that in mind, Guinevere."

IC:

"He could be quite useful, though as I understand it, the cyborg has yet to get much in the way of information from him." Panzer's mechanical tone seemed to almost imply a shrug. "Nevertheless, your expertise will be quite useful. I received access to the resources I need from the Technarch to begin production of Battle Machines for our new troops to use, but I have yet to conclude how best to convey orders to them. Their behavioral patterns are the reason for their usefulness to begin with, but it makes them difficult to work out a command structure for them."

"Their new implants could receive orders much like we do, by way of transmission, but that does not answer the question of how best to organize them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

The humans were unprepared. They were still recovering from the attack earlier, patching their wounds and picking up the pieces of their battle machines. Their organic bodies were weak, and required time to rest. Time which could be taken advantage of. The humans would be worn down, their defeat was inevitable. Or so the blue-armored Devastator unit fancied, the mechanic mind giving a small amount of processing power to think through such situations as it marched it's Fire Vulture forward.

The squad of robots was advancing from their twisted metal fortress, advancing along the connector bridge with a focus born of calculating circuits and cold metal. The Fire Vulture was positioned at the front, a sinister collection of capacitors and wires making up what would have been a flamethrower; apparently the machines had cooked up a new toy. Flanking the battle machine were a pair of Sentries, their dull tan armor pitted and scratched from damage the robots deemed unnecessary to repair.

Further down the bridge, an otherwise bored looking gunner had the surprise of his life when he looked through the magnification screen on his mounted turret. He fumbled with his communicator for a moment, before pressing it up to his ear.

"Vale! You seeing this? A bunch of tin cans just rolled out of their base," He paused for a moment, glancing at his instruments, "They're coming up fast, I'll try to raise Sentai Fortress."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -