IC: Gwen -- Sentai Fortress / Battle Machine Repair Ward

"Annnnnnnd...VOILA!"

I take a step aside so that they can see my latest masterpiece -- a two-foot-high, one-foot-wide cube of servos, pipes, wires and coffee beans. Thumbing the nigh-imperceptible switch on its side, I listen for the tell-tale rumblings of technological magic to begin, as the entire mass begins rattling atop the workbench (disregard the worried expressions on the faces of your audience -- they have no idea what's going on).

Steam escapes; pipes shake; modified Iron Drone arms move to and fro, regulating valves and gauges, executing procedures which probably don't entail "kill all organic life in vicinity" (assuming I remembered to connect the yellow wire to the red one, not the black one). Slowly, progressively, the rumbling travels down the machine, growing in intensity all the while. A few of the watchers retreat to a relatively safer distance, their worry growing to downright fear.

With the understated flair of a true showman, I place a styrofoam cup in the small notch at the base of the machination, pulling my hand back just in time for a cloud of steam to jet outwards, obscuring all from view. A quick wave clears the fog of mystery and allure, leaving only the scent of fresh-poured coffee and the sight of a full cup of caffeine.

"TADA!" I proclaim, "Iron Drone Coffee! A registered trademark of Tylers Inc. It's Drone-tastic!~"

A deadpan audience slowly disperses, each viewer headed back to their personal repair station.

"Humph," I mutter, glaring indiscriminately at the traitorous almost-customers as I take my abandoned coffee back over to my chair, "Bloody troglodytes..."

OOC: Anyone who needs repairs done to their mech, just come see the angry, coffee-drinking woman in the repair ward. ^_^

-Void

Edited by Dreadheart

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: X-71

Noticing disappointment in robots is not an easy thing. Our faces are not built for expression, nor are our cold monotone voices. Our body language and movements are not as telling as a human’s, but if you get good at it, you can notice our expressions.
The extra stiffness in the repair drones’ movements and sullen silence of their efforts to repair the damaged sentries showed their frustration and disappointment. Another crushing defeat had bean dealt to us.
I have to strain to remember the last time we won a battle. Never on Techni bridge, certainly. Although it’s expected and customary for robots to rage angrily about how illogical it is that we are being beaten so soundly by such an inferior force, I know better than to waste my time with that. Robots are, of course, the inferior race, our AI a sad reflection of that of humans. We cannot innovate as well, empathize as well, or plan as well. 90% of our strategy is throwing blunt force at our enemies. Our data tells us we should be winning, so even though we aren’t, we keep on repeating the same strategy. Over and over, we lose, never learning.
I turn from my position on a high balcony to vanish into the base. I’ve had enough of watching the wrong side lose. I need to start winning. We need to start winning. And soon.

Sometimes the memories of the humans' injustices is all that keeps me going.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: Allow me to interact with you Dreadheart as me finally interacting in the RPG

IC: Repair Ward

Hezeka walked into the repair ward and looked around to find anyone available to repair his mech. He found a woman who sat angrily in her chair holding a cup of coffee. He then said, "Excuse me miss, but can you help me with my mech. It seems the HUD is acting up and I need it to be checked out."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

Within the robot base, there was a whoosh of recycled air as a silver and black armored machine examined the data from the most recent engagement. Playing on a parallel monitor was the actual footage, displayed from the perspective of each unit, from start to end. Crimson optics picked out each enemy machine, carefully examining their capabilities, and their tactics.

A pattern emerged. The Grand Titan was the de facto leader; organization only came once they had joined the battle. The small Uplink was a medic, as many of their kind were. The capabilities displayed were mostly stock, with little to speak of. The pilot of the other large machine was reckless, as demonstrated by his foolhardy charge to the Thunder Fury. However, one did stand out.

Small, nimble. Gate Guardian or White Lightning, a brief database consultation confirmed it as a Gate Guardian. It appeared to possess an energy shield. Every laser based attack was absorbed, but not physical ones. With a slight movement, the machine shifted to another perspective. It was the same battle machine that fired the shot that dispatched the Thunder Fury. Immediately after absorbing energy based attacks. Intriguing.

Making note of the machine, he sorted the relevant information, storing it in his memory banks. If nothing else, this battle had shown a great deal of the enemy's capabilities. Very little innovation, the only new piece of technology was that shield. Panzer sent a message into the network, his analysis of the machine. Any machine could choose to access it if they wished, but at the end of the day, it meant little to him. He knew, and that was what mattered.

The mechanoid's feet clanged quietly against the ground with each step, as it approached the repair bay. It would be best if he checked on the proceedings of the repairs.

The number and type of available units would be instrumental in knowing what could be, and would be, deployed in the next assault.

IC:"Well, now, those numbers make no sense."A tall young man frowned to himself, staring at the data displayed on his personal computer. He was high above the floor of the repair bay, perched in the gantry for a certain machine. Cords stretched haphazardly from his machine to his laptop, twisting through and around beams and armor to reach its destination. Glasses were perched halfway down his nose, glasses that promptly slipped further down as he was distracted from his work by a puff of steam.

Someone had invented a coffee maker. Wonderful! The community coffee maker didn't work very well, and Sensei Keiken never wanted to drop the money to get a new one. Cheapskate.

Setting his laptop aside, he grabbed the ladder and slid down, slowing just before he hit the floor, and set a course for the machine, and its inventor.

After all, there was caffeine at stake.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I walked away from the bay where the damaged remains of the attack force were being repaired, slightly disgusted with the doomed attack. We should have been better than that. All that attack had really changed was a loss of our resources and a few of our microchips scattered about the bridge. A loss, by any standards.
On my way through the dark metal hallway I passed one of the few robots I respected as my peer, Panzer-009. He was walking the other way, towards the repair bay.

I stopped and turned towards his back. “There is nothing there but disappointment and needlessly damaged sentries. You should skip the visit,” I told him.

IC: Josh Hu

Walking into the Repair Bay, Josh looked around to see a young woman drinking coffee.

Piloting his mech over, Josh opened the cockpit to talk to the woman. "Hello. I just came out of the recent battle at Tenchi Bridge, and got my mech minorly damaged, still in good condition surprisingly."He then noticed another person conversing with her, and said "Oh, well I'll just wait until you're done then, I'm not in a hurry."

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC:

The mechanoid paused, pivoting in place to face his colleague. After a moment, he nodded. "That is not surprising. How many units were lost, how many are salvageable, and how many will be operational again soon?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Gunzer-001

..loading new OS..

..downloading memory..

.start//Life

Huh. This is.. strange. I appear to have a fairly developed conciousness in this new body.

"Attention Gunzer-001. The testing on your OS has been completed. As a result, you have had all restraining software removed, as to increase your performance."

"Please proceed to practice the functions of your OS over the next few weeks."

"Your suit has also been altered. More details on that shall be presented later."

The speaker goes silent, and I look around the room. It looks like all of the other robot-testing labs on this part of the mountain. Which is to say, completly void of features, except for whatever tests are sent in.

Well, I guess I better get used to this new body and OS.

OOC: Guessing that the edit's may need to be approved:

Updated appearence: Looks like a Devastator, but with arm plates with the word 'Gunzer' writen on them.

Suit Update: Now with better sensors, to detect enemies and allow a pilot to see in a full 360. These sensors can be plugged into the Gunzer's own internal motherboard, to allow the Gunzer-0001 to see through them, instead of looking out it's own eyes. However, overuse of this function can cause the Gunzer to crash.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC: Gwen -- Repair Ward

I look up at the sound of someone talking, the caffeine rapidly flooding my system doing little to ease the scowl on my face. I don't recognize this one (Maybe a newbie? Naw, his usual mechanic must just be busy) -- a guy with dark skin and an expression so serious that it makes him look older than I would immediately expect. He's asking about his mech's HUD, wondering if I can assist him with it.

"Oh, of course I can help!" I answer, leaping to my feet, "Just lead to the machine and I'll fix 'er!"

It's then that I start to hear the tell-tale sound of someone hurrying over thin, metal alloy. Turning, I spot the frazzled, eccentric look of a fellow caffeine addict rushing for the Iron Coffee Cube (yeah, that's what I calling it now). Spirits soaring, I twirl on the ball of my foot, snatching an empty foam cup in one and deftly sending it in a low arc towards the bespectacled bean hunter... winding up facing Mr. Broken HUD with a glowing smile.

"Soooo," I continue, "Let's get to this, shall we?"

Cue yet another person approaching me (boy, I'm popular today, or something), asking for some minor repair work needing done on his own mech after a battle on Tenchi bridge. "Sorry, if you can just wait one second, that'd be great..."

-Void

Edited by Dreadheart

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Gunzer Upgrades Approved

IC:

Drone 0350 exited his Sentry II with mechanical precision as engineers flocked to the mech to re-arm, repair, and refuel.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

Incoming projectile; coffee cup.

Without breaking stride, the flying object was caught with one hand, and pushed under the delivery nozzle of the cube. After a moment's pause, he located the switch used to commence delivery, and glanced at the assembled group while the machine worked.

"Morning, everyone. Or afternoon. Or evening. Whichever it is, I'm not quite sure. Miss, if you need a little help, I haven't got anything better to do. The Enforcer is being a bit too stubborn to work with right now, and otherwise, I'm just going to glare at it until it cooperates.""What needs fixing?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Garry ~ Hangar

Soon after the skirmish on the bridge, the colossal G-Machine rolled slowly into the hangar bay. Garry did not head to the repair ward immediately, as there was not exactly much for him to fix up - the Grand Titan he piloted had taken quite a number of blows, true, but much of the damage was really superficial: only dents and tiny cracks in the outer armour. Nothing too serious.

"Well, that was an interesting start to a day," said the manly man with a yawn as he dropped down from his mech's cockpit. "What now though?"

IC: Jack Storm

Jack got laid back in the chair in his mech, reading a video gaming magazine. He was younger than all the other people here, and tended to not associate with them. He might have been the youngest mech pilot ever.

OOC:

Open for interaction.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

The mechanoid paused, pivoting in place to face his colleague. After a moment, he nodded. "That is not surprising. How many units were lost, how many are salvageable, and how many will be operational again soon?"

I think for a second. “Another Thunder fury has been scattered across the entire bridge, and a sentry or two have been compromised but are relatively intact, and we still have… four, five sentries and two sentry IIs. Two rammers joined the fight and are relatively unscathed.
“It does not matter. We have more than enough mechs. We just are merely wasting them on useless bridge battles. Logically, since we have lost previously, we should cease this approach. We are literally battering ourselves to pieces on this Exo-Force fortress.”
I let a moment of silence elapse.
“My opinion is that other strategies are necessary.”

IC: Jack Storm

Jack looked over and said, "Sure! Be right down." Jack got up from his chair, put the magazine down on it, and opened up the entrance to his cockpit. He got onto a platform next to his robot- all the mechs docked near a platform like this for easy entrance and exit, so one wouldn't have to climb up.

Jack walked over to Garry and his mech. "So why did you want me over here?" He said rather happily and cheerfully.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Garry ~ Hangar Bay

"I need to talk to you about earlier," said the older man. "Next time we enter a skirmish, try not to charge forward so suddenly. I don't want to lose you or anyone to a careless mistake like that."

Garry gave him a smile, and patted him on the shoulder.

"But other than that, you did a good job. I don't think I could have soaked in the enemy barrage by myself."

IC: Gunzer-001

Huh, so this body may take a lot of getting used to...

For one thing, it's hard to operate these limbs.. I'm just not use to running the calculations.

But I'm learning, and soon, I'll be able to go to the front lines and attack the bridge.

And then I'll destroy them all.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Name: 'Ranger' ID-112/607Gender: MaleAge: Human years: 30Species: RobotAppearance: An Iron Drone with a sliver circuit tattoo on the left side of his face.Skill(s): Sniping, Repair Mechanics, ImprovisingPersonality: He doesn't march into battle like every other Iron Drone, instead, he waits and jumps in when the time is right. He tends to act more like a Devastator than a normal Iron Drone.Weakness(es): His back, due to a faulty plating Designation: Crimson GunnerType: Sentry IIEquipment: Laser Gatling gun on left right hand, and a scope laser rifle on the right. Has a small blaster on the right shoulder

Weapon hardpoints: ShouldersAppearance: Same as all Sentry II's

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

IC:"I concur."

Panzer-009 replied after a moment's thought, optics flaring slightly. Robot facial features were subtle, barely recognizable. But the most overt characteristic was the optic light. Depending on the level of light, certain levels of mental activity are indicated. And this one indicated that 009 was very interested indeed.

"Would you agree that our side's greatest flaw, our greatest weakness, is the inability of the masses to think as creatively as our opponents?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Josh HuJosh leaned back in his the chair of his mech, and pulled out a small children's book from one of the compartements (the contents of which he would never show to anyone), and started reading it. It reminded him of when he was a child, idealistic no matter what the situation. That had all changed a while ago, and he now felt that he now had to be a part of the effort to push back the robots. Still, the book brought comfort to him.

"Would you agree that our side's greatest flaw, our greatest weakness, is the inability of the masses to think as creatively as our opponents?"

Undoubtedly,” I replied without hesitation, “Our greatest flaw is not being human. We are designed to follow orders, and that is what we must do. There is little room for innovation in our minds.”

OOC: ...Now I'm thinking that there should be a plot to create a Technological Singularity AKA A robot that thinks like a human.

Until then, more testing out Gunzer-001s systems.

IC:Gunzer-001

So, this body is pretty durable. And strong! Well, now to keep practicing using this body.

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC: Gwen -- Repair Ward

"Ooh, thanks," I call out to Mr. Coffee, "That guy reading a book inside a Gate Defender [Josh Hu] has some minor damage to his mech that he banged out, if you could!"

Spinning on my heel without waiting for a reply, I head straight for the White Lightning, trained eyes already dissecting the machine. A Stealth Hunter rifle had been grafted onto one hand, with a standard-issue gatling gun on the other -- all in all, not too different from the norm.

Too bad.

Reluctantly setting my coffee down on the nearest workbench, I climb up into the cockpit, immediately firing up a localized version of the HUD.

"What exactly was the problem you had with it?" I call down from my perch, flicking through the various menus and options on-screen for me.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:"Got it."Downing a quarter of his drink in one gulp, not seeming to notice or care that it was at a barely drinkable temperature, the coffee-drinker walked over to the indicated mech, climbing to almost cockpit level to examine the damage. Still drinking his coffee, it didn't look like he had even noticed anyone was inside.

IC:"Which is why mechanoids like you and I are so effective. Unfortunately, the vast majority of us do not possess the ability to innovate. They cannot think creatively, they cannot employ any new tactics without extreme study. And even then, the tactics are merely new combinations of old maneuvers."The Devastator paused, eyes flaring once more. "But what if we could create a force that could do the same?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Cyrista walked into the repair bay and settled into a chamber. He hopped out of the Reclaimer and began looking for a mechanic to help him fix his mech.OOC:Sorta lost track of the mechanics. If someone could offer their help, I'd appreciate it.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:

"For some reason, I get some error whenever I check my power lines. The lines always stay normal, and then when they are low, I never know since the notification is somehow turned off." He looks off to the other mech that arrived, then looked back at his. "I have no idea whether or not I turned it off on accident, or it's the computer that turned it off."

Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

IC: Josh HuJosh quickly put away his book the moment he realized someone was inspecting his mech. "How's it look? I don't think the damage is too bad, especially if you consider the fact I just came out of a firefight and blew up a Thunder Fury, but the Thunder Striker needs to be in top condition the next time there's an emergency. Also, I'm more of a tea person myself. " he said, noting the coffee in Alistair's hand.

“A force that was as creative as the two of us? That could think and problem solve to our extent?” My eyes flash with a deep focus and I begin to pace back and forth in the narrow hallway. “With the right programming, I suppose, it is possible, but the work involved… and Mecha One is quite protective of his loyal troops.”

I leave my concerns there, not voicing my regrets that even I was not as creative as an average human. It’s a trait I’ve always envied, and a trait I know I will never gain. What we really need is a robot as creative as the average human, not me or Panzer, as exceptional as we are.

IC:"Tea doesn't have enough caffeine when you've been up for thirty six hours solid arguing with a piece of junk machine that refuses to cooperate, or even crank out the numbers you want. Enforcer does it on purpose. I'm certain of it."

Alistair rambled absently, eyeing one of the larger bullet holes, and probing it with his finger. With a bit of effort, he tugged the large slug out from where it had embedded itself, and rolled his eyes at it. "Really now? That caliber? I thought robots were supposed to be intelligent. Not old-fashioned rogues from the wild west. What is this, a spaghetti western film? Meca One is clearly genre savvy in the wrong genre."

He glanced at Hu, as if acknowledging his presence for the first time. "Oh, hello. When did you get there? Wait, never mind, you were always there. You made the tea comment. In answer to your question, the damage is surface deep, for the most part. This panel might have some circuit damage, so I'll have to examine it. But, since I have to remove the plating to replace it anyway, that isn't an issue.""The circuit damage, on the other hand, might be an issue, but it shouldn't be. Depends on how deep Mr. Cowboy's shot went."

IC:

"Not quite what I was thinking, X-71."

Panzer thought for a moment, going deep into its memory banks, searching for the information it sought. The robots had access to all of the human's records prior to Meca One's rebellion, they had been designed to know those bits of information, and they had been archived across the minds of countless robots before the connection was severed. Large pieces were missing, lost to hard drive failure or data corruption, but much of it remained.

"Alongside the robots, the humans were seeking to use machinery to augment themselves. Artificial pancreases to correct certain conditions, pacemakers, artificial hearts. Some of the most groundbreaking research had been in the brain. For what is the human brain but an organic computer?""And like any computer, with the right tools, they could be... Rewritten."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Name: Holly Yuan

Species: Human

Appearance: Standing at a metre sixty, Holly is slightly short for a girl of her age. Being of oriental descent, she possesses jet black hair and medium skin, along with dark brown eyes that seem black from afar. Her build is a rather petite one, making her look younger than she actually is. Wrapped around her neck is a golden-yellow scarf that she got as a present from her great-grandfather, which contrasts well with her usually all-red clothing.

Skill(s): Holly has incredibly good reflexes and reaction time, and is a surprisingly strong fighter for someone of her size. She is also a decent programmer.

Personality: A usually cheerful and upbeat girl, Holly takes to her duties with great enthusiasm, whether it's helping people out or defending the mountain from robotic attackers. Although somewhat prone to snark and dark mutterings, she does her best to appear positive, even when she is suffering. It takes quite a large problem for her cheery mask to crack, something that she inherited from her deceased parents, who both died in a robot attack.

Weaknesses: Holly is somewhat aquaphobic, and can be rather stubborn at times. 

Mech:

Designation: Betelgeuse

Type: Modified Supernova

Equipment: The Betelgeuse is less armoured than the average Supernova, providing it much more mobility. Although less defensible, it is still rather capable of holding its own in a battle. Instead of wielding an electro trident, the energies of the Betelgeuse are channelled through its arms and legs, allowing it to fire off blasts without the need of a weapon. As backup however, it wields a simple metal sword and a basic laser cannon as well.

Appearance: Holly's custom Supernova is a crimson colour, with golden hints scattered across its body. As befits its lesser armour and greater maneuverability, it is much sleeker than the usual Supernova. Painted in white on one shoulder is the character 氣.

Notes: N/A

Edited by Purple God

IC: Zyki (Fortress)

Escape landed just outside the mech bay and then walked in. For the sort of battle it had just been in, it was in remarkable condition, likely from Zyki's constant jumping and then taking cover behind the G-Machine.

Still, along with the damaged jump-jet, a few darkened spots dotted the vehicle where lasers had hit. And as soon as Escape was plugged in and recharging, Zyki was out of the cockpit and cleaning up the spots. Wiping them down, filling on the holes with extra bits of metal lying around, that sort of thing.

This was just another of her routine tasks, and so no-one really gave her a second glance.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC: Holly Yuan and the Betelgeuse Approved. And yes, A human can pilot a modified robot vehicle if a good enough reason is given.

FlareDrick, I'm confused by your profile. The 'Personality' is more of a skill, and what do you mean by 'Weapon hardpoints: Shoulders'?

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I froze in my tracks. Instantly, my mind began cranking through a million possibilities as I scoured through every bit of information I could access about the human mind. It was a computer, in essence. An incredibly complicated organic one that was more complex and mysterious than ours could ever be, but a computer nonetheless. And, yes, with the right piece there, the right modifications there…
The human’s greatest strength could become ours.
My eyes flashing with excitement, I turned to Panzer-009. “Yes. You are correct. This could work.” My robotic voice had a hint of excitement to it. “If we could gain the proper human captives and influence their minds…” The possibilities were so many and so useful that I can to pause for a second, “we could innovate new designs, pilot our mechs more intelligently, create more creative battle strategies; the possibilities are endless.

“We need to start. Right now. Capturing humans has become our primary goal.”