IC: Sakajima Nori (I feel like I'm putting more time into this RPG than the BZP one these mornings...)

Twist the suspension.

Input command operations.

Check Core energy levels.

The swords crashed together while Kazebushi was airborne, throwing us back from the Thunder Fury and the silver Devastator inside. Through the caged cockpit, I got a glimpse of its violent image. There was no emotion of pity or joy as I was thrown back into the lines of Sentries. Not even a breath of relief in the sudden lull of my attacks. Kazebushi went down hard, crumpling the alloy armor of a sentry as padding. Alert warnings flashed across my HUD, Red letters blazing a trail across the bottom rim of the visor.

"Come on!" My voice cracked as the back of the cockpit smashed into my head. Core Energy continued to decline into the Yellow, as if someone was drinking it with a straw. Through the ringing of my ears, I hard the rattling of automatic weaponry. It took a moment to realize the sentry I had crushed was firing at me point blank. Forcing the manual controls to respond, Kazebushi jerked around, spinning her body until she straddled the attacking mech with her orange legs. Strange, it wasn't using the laser rifle capping its arm, but a gunmetal gatling gun where the missile pod should have been. I lost another percentage attempting to guess why. "Not worth it," I babbled to myself, then pushed the left arm forward, crushing the Iron drone with a metallic fist, a sickening sound of bending steel reached through my headset. My black, almond eyes, blinked to recognize the victory, then I lurched Kazebushi back around toward the Thunder Fury...

OOC: If staff dislikes this, please let me know and I will edit.

Edited by Kughii

IC: Josh Hu

Josh turned around to see the second wave of robots from behind. "Of course, they just had to send more robots." he grumbled. A hail of lasers and gunfire quickly fell upon them, and the Thunder Striker projected it's energy shield, quickly gaining a charge. He looked towards the Thunder Fury, and realized he couldn't reach it's core this time. Instead, he targeted one of the legs. "Take cover!" he alerted Gwen and Sakajima through radio before he fired off a concentrated energy bolt.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Sakajima Nori The red blast of condensed violence ripped through the air above me, chipping another sliver of yellow of my shields on its way towards the Thunder Fury.

"Ever heard of friendly fire," I cursed through the open channel. Managing the control system I put Kazebushi into a runner's crouch, sword held out behind like a tail fin. With any luck the bolt would hit a knee joint from the side, causing a piston to melt, or a wire to break free and ruin at least something on the battle goliath.

Edited by Kughii

IC:"Well, now this doesn't seem like a fair fight!"A voice called out over the open comm channel, accompanied by what sounded remarkably like a power tool revving to life. If anyone were to look, they would see an unfamiliar gray machine take to the battlefield, charging the row of newly arrived Thunder Furies. Just as they had used the din of battle to cover their own approach, the newest machine's arrival had gone almost completely undetected by the newest combatants for one simple reason; with too much to concentrate on, they had not bothered to pay much attention to the fortress.

After all, with such a force arrayed against them, and all the machines from the earlier battle present, why would any machine not yet be present?

"Spiral Punishment!" The same voice yelled, filled with an almost manic glee. Thrusting one joystick forward, the Spiral Enforcer's right arm came flying forwards, jamming the spinning drill into the least armored point on one of the Furies' back.

OOC:Preapproved by Grav, in light of the recent ruling on custom machines.

Name: Abraham Stein
Species: Human
Appearance: Abraham is a tall man, with black hair that is longer than most, as if he doesn't have time to maintain it. Hazel eyes are partially obscured by his hair, though it is usually pushed out of his face when he's working. His skin is rather pale, as if he doesn't see the sun much, a stark contrast to the darkly colored military uniform he wears. The uniform is faded and battered, rank insignia long lost to time, with only a badge bearing two silver wings pinned to the chest. His boots are scuffed and worn, his uniform dotted by minor tear and wear. An old leather holster holds an old-styled sidearm.
Skill(s): Abraham Stein is, first and foremost, a highly skilled pilot. This is especially notable due to the machine he uses, as it forces him to be skilled in two entirely different control schemes. He is quick to learn any technology presented to him, and he is a remarkably clever individual, this trait particularly evident in his ability to diagnose and repair the problems and quirks his machine develops.
Personality: Abraham, though versed in social behavior, lacks some of the tact that most take for granted. His bearing and behavior indicates that he hasn't had much actual contact with other people for a long time. He's friendly, but he also tends to be a bit wary of people when he first meets them.
Weakness(es): Abraham's biggest weakness stems from his lack of understanding, Only just arrived in the conflict between robots and humans, he has not only not taken a side, he has yet to understand what the conflict is about, or how the robots fight.
Bio: Abraham Stein isn't from around these parts. While most people live on Sentai Mountain for their entire lives, never knowing anything beyond, Abraham has only just arrived. He doesn't talk much about where he was, but judging by his overall appearance, it wasn't exactly a pleasant place. He never speaks of a home outside of the mountain, or any specific location. Almost as if they don't exist.
Designation: ENF-X Zephyr
Type: Spitfire-Class Variable Response Unit
Equipment: In fighter mode, the Zephyr is equipped with a small payload of missiles, as well as twin gatling cannons slung under the wings. A laser cannon is mounted underneath, running the length of the nose of the craft, capable of firing powerful shots at a reasonable rate. In its humanoid configuration, it loses access to the missiles. It retains the gatling cannons, which transition to the shoulders of the machine, and the underslung cannon becomes the humanoid's rifle. However, it gains a handful of weapons in this form; a sword is sheathed on its back, partially formed from the jet's wings, as well as a shields stored on its back. A smaller backup combat knife is stored in a folding section of the craft's armor on its leg.
Appearance: The Zephyr in its fighter configuration is of a design similar to the fighter jet of old. Forward-swept wings are located further back than on most jets, the rear tailfins angled slightly lower. The machine is dark blue in color, with black detailing, and an orange-tinted glass cockpit. In its alternative configuration, the Zephyr stands taller than a Stealth Hunter, but far more lithe in build. It's armor is tougher than most machines of its speed, but there is no doubt that it trades in the majority of its armor for speed and agility. Particularly in Paladin Mode. Its hands end in clawed fingertips meant to penetrate and rend enemy armor, capable of causing just as much damage unarmed as armed. The thrusters previously on the rear of the jet end up on the feet, allowing for continued flight in humanoid form, if less graceful. The wings fold onto the back, serving as sheaths and storage points for the Zephyr's weapons. The legs are long and angular, the knees culminating in spike-like kneepads. Its most unique feature, however, is that unlike most of the battle machines present on the mountain, it actually possesses a head. Said head houses some of the machine's sensors, as well as serving an aesthetic purpose as well.
Notes: The Zephyr, of all the machines on Sentai Mountain, is unique. Not just in form, but also in function. The Zephyr is capable of completely shifting between two forms for specific tasks, each with its own capabilities and tendencies. First of all, the form it most often inhabits is a fighter craft, similar to the jets of old. The second is humanoid, as with most machines. It operates on engineering similar, but fundamentally different from, the human's battle machines, particularly in the control scheme and power supply. Within its humanoid configuration, it can also switch between two specialties; All-Range Mode, and Paladin Mode. In the former, it is meant for combat at all ranges, with access to a balanced loadout of weaponry. Within the latter, however, the control scheme changes drastically. Operating on a principle similar to the human battle machine's manual control mode, it uses attachments to the pilot's legs and arms, as well as sensors within the cockpit, to imitate the pilot's movements with only a momentary delay. In this form, it has access to melee weapons only, unable to handle targeting systems due to the control scheme. However, it also has another drawback; though there are systems to compensate for this, there is a risk inherent in the system's design. The controls will provide resistance proportional to the resistance that the suit is encountering, allowing for more accurate response. But a swift enough action, such as the sudden snapping of the mech's limbs, such as one would do to break an elbow, may give response too quick for the system to adjust, and thus run the risk of harming the pilot.
Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Actually, there was some Macross inspiration present. Mostly from the VF-25. But there was a bunch of inspiration from Gundam 00, most notably the Flag, because I just finished an 00 marathon. :P

IC:

Panzer-09 monitored the situation, seeing the humans gathered at the gate, prepared to fight. X-71's announcement had gotten a few of them to lay down their weapons, but the majority still stood resolute. They needed a demonstration, an act of intimidation.

And there it was. A communications array, mounted on the top of a nearby structure. Probably the town's meeting hall. A tall man was sprinting through the village towards it, most likely hoping to reach it and contact the Sentai Fortress for help. That could not be allowed. With a mechanical whir, two panels slid open on the Vernichten, one on each of its shoulders, to reveal a bank of missiles.

One shot from each shoulder, impacting with the structure, enveloping it in a flower of red and orange flame, leveling it. And with it, any hope of calling for aid. As the panels slid closed, Panzer lowered the barrel of the Vernichten's rifle, so the end rested just above the assembled group of humans in an unspoken warning.

IC:

"Day... Yeesh, does it even matter what day it is anymore? Is it the two thousandth day? The five thousandth? You know what, screw it. Year nine, day two hundred and ninety seven since last contact. I've reached a new locale. Base is a wide jungle. Oddly split mountain rises towards the sky, above the cloud cover."

A quiet sigh filled the cockpit, a pair of pale hands working the controls expertly, guiding the dark blue craft into a steep climb. "Why do I bother recording these things anymore? Not like anyone except me is going to hear them."

Independent of its pilots monologue, the craft soared upwards, cutting through the cloud with ease. He wasn't concerned with the lack of visibility; his instruments could, and would, compensate. He's gotten rather used to the machine's behaviors. After all, it had been his home for the past decade. Even beyond, at least as far as he could remember. It was too cold to spend too long outside, at least more than the time it took to check locations for supplies and inhabitants. He often found the former, but the latter was unprecedented. There was no reason to think that today would be any different.

Leaning back in his seat, the man flipped the switch on his control panel, opening his comm channel. No telling what channel any residents would be using, so it would be most effective simply to transmit to all available channels.

"This is Spitfire-Class Variable Response Unit, designation Zephyr. Pilot callsign; Azure Thunder. If anyone's alive out there, please respond." He called out over the channels, his slightly accented voice reaching out in a likely vain attempt to contact another sentient being. "Heck, even if you're dead, shoot off a few ghostly moans."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Yeah, and it only got by because of a rather well written essay accompanying it. That being said, custom mech classes are now open for approval for use. However, they have to be around the same power level of the other classes, and preapproved by staff before use. While not required, an explanation as to why such a mech should be approved would go a long way towards getting it there.

Post coming soon, or whenever I actually have more time.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:As Cyrista was firing at the Fire Vultures, he heard a transmission over the radio. "This is Spitfire-Class Variable Response Unit, designation Zephyr. Pilot callsign; Azure Thunder. If anyone's alive out there, please respond. Heck, even if you're dead, shoot off a few ghostly moans."

"Well, Azure Thunder, come right on up. We're near the top, fighting against a bunch of Sentries, Fire Vultures, and Thunder Furies, and I think I heard a Sonic Phantom earlier. We're the humans and the good guys, the robots are the bad guys, in case you don't know, as you might not, from your slight accent that indicates you're not from around here."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:Shaken from his reverie, the pilot stared at his console.

Was that a response? He'd heard it clear as day. But was it real, or was his mind just playing tricks on him? Taking one hand off of the controls, his fingers danced across the control panel, seeking the frequency that the reply had come from, if only to prove that it had actually existed. There it was, an un-encrypted channel. It had actually happened. There were people on this rock.

"Come again?" He said, eyes narrowing. "Sir, are you sure you're feeling alright? Because I think I just heard you say the word "robots" in the context of a foe. Is there anyone else up there with you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zyki (Battle)

Escape trains its pistols on the flanking forces and begins firing, taking notice of the conversation going on.

'Sounds like this person's got something fancy-shancy that they're riding in.. perhaps they could help..'

"Is there anyone else up there with you?"

Ah, perfect timing.

"Yep. Everything he said was correct, as well."

Escape activates its jump-jets and launches upwards and towards the enemy force, pistols still firing rapidly.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC:"Given that I'm fighting for my life against them, and have a whole lot of prejudice against me for being a cyborg, I'd say so! Where you been for the past few years? I thought the whole world knew about us?" Cyrista sent back after Zyki replied.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:"If you think that there's anyone else out there, then clearly I'm not the one that's out of the loop."

The reply came, just before the clouds below the bridge burst, a sleek, dark blue craft shooting up from under them, into the air over the Tenchi Bridge. The craft moved like greased lightning, the only clear look at it the assembled combatants received was the split second that it hung in the air, coming out of its steep climb. It instantly banked to the left, circling the battlefield like a bird of prey, weaving in and out of the flying munitions.

The robots had not yet started firing at him, but that wouldn't last long.

"Yeesh, you lot are rag-tag, aren't you? Whom am I supposed to be shooting at again? The uglies on the left, or the uglies on the right? The guys inside the pincer, or the guys that form the pincer?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Through the eyes of an Iron Drone gunner, Damage saw the modified Supernova charge into the ranks of his Thunder Fury reinforcements. This was, of course, why he'd sent that level of power as his initial assault. Couldn't have humans from the fortress pulling the same pincer trick to break the pincer that held them, and since Thunder Furys in such numbers could hold their own against pretty much anything they would last for now.

On the other hand, couldn't have the Supernova get out of control, and the suggestion that the robots had even more to throw at them would make the humans nervous.

Damage commanded Devastator pilot TF-Sixer Omicron to hold the Supernova. It achieved this by having its mech step backwards, wedging the drill further on the Thunder Fury's body, snaring it in folds of twisted armour. The human would have to relinquish the weapon if he wanted a swift getaway. Which he would, in a few moments. Damage brought the Banshee-01 into position and opened fire with its cannons, a steady stream of plasma fire hissing through the air to the Supernova. Damage was specifically targeting the mech's solar panels, they were far easier to break and ruin than the machine's armour and would deprive it of power. Power it was sorely going to need if it intended to take on the remaining Thunder Furys

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Gunzer-001

A mysterious mech has suddenly appeared.

Be on standby, in case support is needed by your mecha.

Understood.

The Gunzer Custom began walking towards the edge of the battle...

OOC: Time for a Test Run.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC: Josh Hu "Okay, the moment we really needed some help, we got one guy. Where's other people that could've helped us out? We really could use a deus ex machina right now." Josh said to Abraham. Josh looked around and saw the fire coming towards the Spiral Enforcer, and quickly went in front of it, projecting the energy shield to absorb the blasts. He fired one missile at the Banshee 001 as cover before he retreated to the ground once more.

Edited by JiMing

'Great. Just as back-up arrives, it's out under attack. But, perhaps..'

Zyki quickly follows the trail of plasma back to a Sonic Phantom. What to do, what to do..

'Well. It's a plan, that thing needs to get taken out, but.. ah, @#%@ it.'

Escape sheathed its pistols and launched off, more powerfully than it had in a while. Rising above the Banshee-01, the mech reveals one of its wrist blades and begins to fall.

Zyki grit her teeth and hoped the timing was correct. Assuming all went well, (Which it rarely did,) the Banshee-01 was about to gain quite a bit of weight on its right wing/turbine, with said weight attempting to stab an energy blade into the underside of the vehicle.

"This was a horrible idea.." The girl mutters to herself.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:Alistair grinned.

The machine had only sealed it's own fate. By stepping back, it drove the drill deeper in, piercing the cockpit, and terminating the pilot inside. Instantly, the machine went dead, its attacks ceasing, and it's limbs going limp. The drill reversed, pulling out of the useless machine, just as he used the remaining leverage to hurl it at one of its compatriots. This served two purposes; first of all, it might knock one of the machines over, and at the very least, it would distract them. Second, it served as a temporary shield between the Enforcer, and the other Furies.

"Pincer guys are bad... Alright."The pilot scanned the battlefield, searching for the correct place to strike. The way he could see, there were three primary forces; the partially destroyed Phalanx, the center of which was a horribly outmatched Uplink fighting a machine more than twice its size. The ten, no, nine, machines of identical type to the aforementioned titan, and the flying unit currently under assault by a small machine. A large machine on the human's side was soaking up much of the Phalanx's fire, and the rest was dodged fairly easily, which meant that the most important portion was the nine Furies.

"Weapons hot." The pilot said, flicking off the safeties, and opening fire on the Furies below. Some had turned to attack the other new arrival, leaving their backs open to his attack. The Zephyr's gatling cannons roared to life, spewing hot, magnetically powered metal at the Fury below. The underslung laser cannon opened fire as well, the munitions lancing towards the weakest point he could spot.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Josh had made a slight mistake in trying to stop Damage's assault. Just because he had stopped defending the Enforcer, didn't mean Damage had stopped attacking the Enforcer. Oh no, the Devastator had kept a steady rate of fire going from his ship's guns. It was clearly the best course of action: energy shields could only hold so long, so the modified Gate Defender would be forced to either fall back or be turned to scrap as its shield failed. It had chosen to fall back. Which meant the Enforcer's rear, and the delicate solar panels located on it, was unprotected yet again. Damage took a brief moment to run calculations through his own electronic brain and those of a few handy Iron Drones to allow him to simply shoot down the missile.

There was a brief moment of pause as the unexpected human vessel landed on the Banshee's wing, but this swiftly corrected itself. After all, the stabiliser wing of a Sonic Phantom was quite a lot smaller than a Sentry.2 unit, especially a modified one such as this. The attacker simply slid off, the wing being too slight and too sheer to gain any purchase for an attacker using only one hand. The downward force being given off by the turbine the wing connected to should ensure that the mech took a good buffeting that should ensure it stayed down. Perhaps it would even be blown into the path of the Banshee's gunfire/ That would be convenient

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Actually, the shield is more resistant to laser attacks than it is to other attacks. The shield can also absorb laser blasts and charge them to fire a beam of destruction. It is weaker agains physical attacks though.

IC:

Damage's attack, however, did not hit its target. For in the process of turning to hurl the deceased machine at its fellows, the Enforcer had pivoted in place, causing the attacks to impact against its shoulder. Damage indicators flared to life on the controls, noted with a brief glance, before action was taken. The attack had thus far reduced armor integrity by three percent. It wouldn't get the chance to do more.

The Furies, in the process of ascending onto the bridge, had formed themselves into something resembling a line. Their deceased comrade, when hurled at them, had disrupted their line of attack long enough for the Enforcer to get within attack range, driving the drill on its right arm forward towards the cockpit. To ensure that there would be minimal response, the point for attack was the chest-mounted gatling gun, the drill driving up through it towards the cockpit. The machine wouldn't last long; one of the Fury's greatest design flaws was the lack of armor around the cockpit. The drill would cut through the minimal amounts of metal and glass like a knife through butter.

But in the process, he had gained himself a shield. The assaulted Fury was now positioned between the Enforcer and the Fury's allies, preventing them from getting a good shot. And with Escape occupying most of Damage's attention, and the Fury too close for a clear shot, it was unlikely that return fire would be sent his way soon.

The Zephyr's attacks had slammed into the Fury, causing it to lurch forward, its rear armor scorched and blackened. Not yet penetrated, but that would be easy to accomplish. With a pull of his finger, he sent a single missile soaring towards the Fury's back. The projectile soared down from above, an angle the Devastator had not yet realized it needed to defend from. Even if it managed to shoot it down, by the time it did so, the explosion would be too close to avoid damage.

Pulling out of the slight dive, the Zephyr began to loop around for another pass.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: I hate to make an OOC only post, but I will. This is the culmination of talking with Gravity.

SHIELDS -- Shielding technology on the Sentai mountain is new and not very reliable. Shields are actually waves of energy generated by the Core of a mech to repel non-projectile attacks (lasers, plasma, blah blah), but generating the shield reduces the power of the Core, thereby cutting down the operating time of the mech for every hit it blocks. Again, using a shielding technology DOES NOT block manual bullets AND it reduces the battle-life of a mech with EVERY blocked hit. Due to these negativities, generally only small, open cockpit mechs are outfitted with the technology in case of an assault directly to the pilot.

OOC: What does that mean for my character? Do I have to retcon anything? If I have to, I can retcon my current character and replace him with another character.

Edited by JiMing

IC: Holly Yuan (BETELGEUSE) ~ Tenchi Bridge

When you look up at the sky, the first things you expect to see are fluffy white clouds slowly moving across the periwinkle sky. The second thing you expect to see is the Sun in its radiant glory, although looking at it might not be very good for your health. Of course, the Betelgeuse may not have been the Sun, but it was red enough to be a red giant, and seeing the Supernova-class machine dropping onto you was definitely not good for your health.

Holly gripped onto the controls of her mech tightly as she bounced off the now-armless Thunder Fury. She had taken note of the stream of robots attempting to take them by surprise, and had responded accordingly by attempting to jump onto one.

"Thought you'd need some help," she said, opening a channel to Allistair.

Reposting my profile for more details on the mech. PilotName: Sakajima NoriAge: 19Gender/Species: male/humanAppearance: an orange Bodysuit with yellow accent is worn beneath a black leather biker jacket. Nori has black, spiky hair and almond shaped eyes. He carries a tactical diamond-alloy katana on his back and wears durable combat boots to support him on the battleground.Skills: kenjutsu, mech repair, cooking exotic foods, and constructing card towers.Personality: Nori Sakajima believes in looking cool, and follows a path similar to the Bushido of samurai. He attempts to keep a calm head, but can find himself alone on the field of battle without a mech to pilot More often then not. His personal hobby is cooking in the mess hall. Weaknesses: is afraid of spiders, need to look cool, and allergic to cats. He also picks fights he can't possibly win with fellow pilots. MechaDesignation: Kazebushi, "wind warrior"Machine: Modified Uplink Support MechAppearance and Technical Features: Kazebushi has smaller shoulder pads and a sleeker appearance than the traditional Uplink unit, focusing on maneuverability rather than durability. Kazebushi is capable of two operation modes: Automatic and Manual. During Automatic operation, the mech is driven while riding in a chair and pushing on an accelerator/brakes and moving the control-sticks for each hand. Several buttons and dials control other functions. In Automatic, the chair slides into the back of the cockpit, and Sakajima's body armor locks into foot, back, and arm suspension slots, allowing him to physically perform the motions he wants to happen. To better serve the new SHIELD technology, this mech is upgraded with additional battery reserves to supplement the Core energy limit. Equipment: Laser pistol stored within left thigh armor, manual-chain knife stored within right thigh armor, and a super-alloy (think of a cool name) tachi stored across the back like Sakajima outside his mech. The usual gear for Uplink units is also stashed onboard.

OOC:

I must announce that I will be gone during the next two days due to a doctor appointment out of state.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC: I hate to make an OOC only post, but I will. This is the culmination of talking with Gravity.

SHIELDS -- Shielding technology on the Sentai mountain is new and not very reliable. Shields are actually waves of energy generated by the Core of a mech to repel non-projectile attacks (lasers, plasma, blah blah), but generating the shield reduces the power of the Core, thereby cutting down the operating time of the mech for every hit it blocks. Again, using a shielding technology DOES NOT block manual bullets AND it reduces the battle-life of a mech with EVERY blocked hit. Due to these negativities, generally only small, open cockpit mechs are outfitted with the technology in case of an assault directly to the pilot.

I'd like to point out that I did not approve or review this at all, and can be ignored for the time being until I get an official ruling on shields written. Sorry kughz<3, but c'mon man.

OOC: What does that mean for my character? Do I have to retcon anything? If I have to, I can retcon my current character and replace him with another character.

Nothing at all. You don't have to retcon if you don't want to.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Oh, okay. I just don't want to conflict with any rules, even if they were written after I made my character. I was also thinking of making another character, so if my current character conflicts with anything, I can replace him.

OOC: Oh, okay. I just don't want to conflict with any rules, even if they were written after I made my character. I was also thinking of making another character, so if my current character conflicts with anything, I can replace him.

Normally, if something came up and your character conflicted with any rules, I'd just ask to modify it slightly. No need to go making a completely new one. ;)

As of now, though, all approved characters are pretty good.

Rule 1a: No personal character, non-player characters, or non-primary characters allowed. No plots either, those things are bad. Actually, no writing at all in this topic, ever.

;D

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Actually, the shield is more resistant to laser attacks than it is to other attacks. The shield can also absorb laser blasts and charge them to fire a beam of destruction. It is weaker agains physical attacks though.

Referring to this bit in your profile, as it happens

though the shield cannot hold up to strong attacks

Which sort of implies it can't take a constant beating. Like the one Damage was dealing out :P

IC: The great thing about a flying machine like the Banshee-01 was its great manoeuvrability. The sky had three dimensions which Damage could use to the best of his ability, unrestricted by the straight lines of the bridges. Which was why he wheeled round to face the Supernova again. Not from behind this time, the pilot would probably be expecting that and might have back-up waiting to defend it. No, Damage hovered round to face the front of the Enforcer, a seemingly futile task given its Thunder Fury shield. Nevertheless, the Devastator opened fire on the shield, specifically aiming his gunfire on that same weak spot in the back armour that the Enforcer itself had used on its last target. Already weakened by the stress caused by the enormous drill through the front of the mech, the Thunder Fury's armour gave quicker than normal, letting the plasma from the Banshee's guns hit the exposed power core...

The resulting explosion was bright, loud and hot. The Thunder Fury hadn't used up much power after all, there was a lot going spare in its core. Well had been, it had just erupted through the air in a massive blast. In which that Supernova mech had been in ground zero

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Well, given that it absorbs laser attacks, I think that it would be slightly more resistant to those than bullets or something.

IC: Josh Hu

Josh quickly locked on to the middle of the Banshee-01 and fired off the condensed laser charge he had obtained before retreating behind the G-Machine.

Edited by JiMing

Escape indeed slipped off, Zyki simply gritting her teeth in response.

As the mech fell, Zyki retracted the wrist blade and pulled out a pistol with the other hand, which she began firing at the moving Banshee. Most of her focus, however, went into grabbing the ledge with Escape's other hand.

'Nailed it.'

Indeed she had, and the modified Sentry II only hung for a second or two before it used the jump-jets to get back up on the bridge.

Zyki backs up against the G-Machine, who seemed to still be soaking in the enemy fire. Taking but a moment to catch her breath, she pulls out her other pistol and begins to fire upon the Furies once more.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: D-8015

The concentrated laser blast melted a hole even in the Thunder Fury's thick tanetium armor, though the delicate circuits underneath seemed for the most part undamaged from the attack. Still, the massive titan of a mech stumbled back a step on it's damaged leg, sparks shooting out from the hole in it's matte black armor. Other than that, though, D-8015 let the rest of the attacks impact against his Battle Machine's armor, uncaring as to whether they caused damage or not.

Once the onslaught ended, he rose his mech to it's full height, once again facing the same Uplink mech. Without pause, the Devastator pilot charged up his mech's Destroyer Disk launcher, before the weapon shot slicing disks of red energy towards his enemy, each one able to fry the electronics contained within the smaller Battle Machine. Meanwhile, it's power saw started spinning up, sending a screech through the air.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:Light and heat.

Those were the two primary impressions Alistair received, before he was forced to close his eyes. Operating instinctively, he pulled back on the controls, causing the Enforcer to bring its arms, and what was left of the Fury, in front of it to shield the cockpit from any opportunistic assaults by the other Furies. As he regained his sight, his eyes flew across the console, taking in the damage reports.

Overall armor integrity had been reduced to sixty seven percent. The Enforcer's lower right arm had been stripped of most of its armor, what remained scorched and hot. The drill, made of the toughest materials available due to its purpose, was almost glowing with heat, though it had suffered little actual damage. As the most shielded part of the unit, the Supernova's torso had suffered the least damage; the armor remained mostly intact, despite the amount of heat it had dealt with. The upper legs were scorched, but largely intact. The machine was still functional, but he'd need to be more careful.

But there was a bright side.

The Fury's own allies had been within range of the blast as well, and likely were suffering similar effects. Fingers flying, Alistair checked the condition of his weapons. The drill would need time to cool down before it was useful again, but the laser based weapons were mostly functional. The Enforcer shifted to the side slightly, aiming to present a smaller target to the other Furies. With any luck, their optical sensors hadn't yet recovered from the massive burst of light and heat. So as the smoke began to clear, he opened fire with the laser gatling gun on his machine's left arm, aiming for the cockpit of the Fury next in line.

With any luck, it too had been damaged by the explosion. After all, it was only a step up in armor from the Supernova model. And it had been almost as close to the blast as he had been. At any other time, it would have been a worrying prospect; but he had backup, in the form of a second Supernova class machine. And a familiar one at that.

"Well, that there flyer seems to be a bit of an issue."

As the Escape fell, another machine turned its sights on the Banshee. One far more suited to dealing with machines of its type. Pulling on the triggers, the pilot of the Zephyr opened fire on the Sonic Phantom, gatling cannons and laser cannon firing at the machine's propulsion systems. It would be best to disable it, slow it down.

Then move in for the kill.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Cyrista's shooting had destroyed almost all the Fire Vulture's gas canisters, and all the Fire Vultures were destroyed in the explosions. He had destroyed the power cable of the green-and-blue Vulture, which caused it to fall. He flew down, caught up with it, ripped the Devastator out and put him on a magnetic attachment point on his back, below his twin swords. His personal mission accomplished, he began chasing the Sonic Phantom, firing his machine guns and missiles at it.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Well, given that it absorbs laser attacks, I think that it would be slightly more resistant to those than bullets or something.

OOC: Again, it wasn't the fact that it was lasers being shot, but the fact that there was a lot of lasers and you specifically said that shield couldn't stand up to bigger attacks :P

IC: The blast from the Escape hit the central fuselage of the Banshee, and Damage took standard evasive manoeuvres, zooming straight upwards. This helpfully put him out the way of the attacks of the Zephyr and the Reclaimer as well. Still, now he knew they were there he could take action against them. He targeted the Reclaimer first, turning his guns on the mech's exposed missile banks. Despite Cyrista's volley there were still enough to blast the machine's stabilising wings off if they went up

The plane-like vessel needed to be kept occupied as well, and for this a squad of Sentries were roped into interference duty. The band opened fire on the Zephyr with their automatic cannons, trying to force it to move so its aiming and accuracy would be off. A couple had missiles at the ready should it try to remove the problem by strafing them, keeping their tracking programs training on its engines

OOC: Permission given to control a few of the robot forces. Turn them into something other than shiny things for you guys to blow up

Electronic eyes adjusted far better to rapid changes in light far better than human ones did. It was why so many robot battlecraft didn't have much in the way of cockpits. They didn't need tracking reticules to guide their aim or polarised glass to protect their sight, because all that was built into them already. So the Thunder Furies were quite operational when Alistair opened fire. The one he'd targeted performed a similar swerving move that he had, presenting merely its saw-like blade and a whole lot of armour for the human to fire at. Meanwhile the second one opened fire, using the heavy cannons built into the chest alongside the gatling gun to blast at the Supernova before unleashing a shot from its arm-cannon

Holly was facing a different problem. One of the Rammers present at the battle had taken a run at the legs of her mech, seeing that she was still fighting for balance after jumping off one of the Thunder Furies. Not waiting to see if it had knocked the mech to the ground or not, the gunner opened fire with the four-wheeler's cannon, a stream of laser fire pelting at the Betelgeuse

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Gunzer-001

I menuverned my Rēzāsandā to a high vantage point outside of battle.

I sent a message to the in-combat pilots

Unit:Gunzer-001 will use special technology to help relay enemy locations to other units.

Prepare to recieve data....

I activated the D3

10101010101Scanning area....

I am in control

I a101 IN CONTR0L!

I am in control

I can- I will handle all of this data.

Suddenly, I felt as if I had ten eyes. Each eye, seeing a different version of the battle. Infrared, Normal, 360 Degrees, Radar, Sonar, the list goes on. I used that information to create a map of the area, which I sent out to the battling soldiers. I would continue to update it in real time, until I reached my limit.

0:59 minutes left..

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles