Voices of characters

Always fun when this comes along. There are so many head-canons for me it's not even funny.Tahu's and Pohatu's voices from MoL are fine.One would definitely be Clockwerk's voice from the first Sly Cooper game as Teridax. Just sounds perfect when gelled with Teridax's many fantastic lines from Time Trap.I imagine Toa Nuju's voice to be most similar to Booker's from Bioshock Infinite.Antroz's voice is like Master Chief's.There are others, but these are the ones I could recall of the top of my head.

silverbladebanner.jpg

A while back I went on a spree of researching characters that Bionicle actors had played in other franchises, so now there are certain ideas that I can't get out of my head because those two characters together are just so epic- Teridax has a Russian accent (Ravage), Matau always yells things (in a mean way, not the Woohoo he usually has in canon- I got this idea from a certain meme perpetrated by one of his actor brethern), I always think of Nokama as sounding somewhat... Derpy....Original ideas that just popped up in my head on how they sound? I often go back and reread the ending of Dwellers in Darkness out loud to myself because I really like how Helryx sounds in those quotes with a British accent, to complement Teridax. Vezon I actually don't think of as sounding deranged- to me it seems like it should be something along the lines of G1 Starscream.

idk man

One would definitely be Clockwerk's voice from the first Sly Cooper game as Teridax. Just sounds perfect when gelled with Teridax's many fantastic lines from Time Trap.

Since I feel the MoL/LoMN voice was too perfect for Teridax, I always pictured Clockwerk's voice coming out of Miserex.

And I had a voice linked up to almost literally every character.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

• 3 weeks later...

Antroz's voice is like Master Chief's.

I've always thought Master Chief's voice would be fitting for Tahu. I could see Antroz having his voice as well though.

I think it would work best with Kopaka. Although I kind of imagine him with a Spock-esque voice.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I've always imagined Makuta Teridax having Megatron's voice. (Michael Bay movies, not animated series.)

I can't say too much right now so I'll edit my post later, but I always imagined Jerbraz with a British accent.

Same with me! :lol-sign:

Actually, I've always imagined Teridax with a menacing English voice.

Well - basically Ghosthands. Guy does brilliant narration.

I can't think of an actor, but I imagined Krika as having a hissy, yet crisp British accent. and quiet, of course.

I always imagined Krika as sounding quite calm and a bit grating. His laugh was like a shrieking screaming finger-nails on a chalkboard sound that doesn't sound like the traditional evil laugh. I tried thinking of it your way, though, and that sounded pretty right for him also, but it didn't seem to fit with his weird boney appearance. I think (at least in my mind) that that would sound the best pre-Karda Nui.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

I had this figured out for the Toa Metru:

Vakama: movie voice

Nokama: movie voice

Matau: Team Four Star Goku

Nuju: Team Four Star Tenshinhan

Whenua: Tweaked movie voice (so he doesn't sound deficient)

Onewa: movie voice

Essentially, if I didn't like their movie voice, they get a new one. So that's only Lewa on the Nuva team. He doesn't get a voice when I read. Same with the Mahri.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

I did not think Mata Nui had that movie voice.

Artakha and Ignika might sound the same, but Ignika sounds like a twenty-something guy with an uncertainty to him. Sounds like Legolas, maybe?

Krika had a slightly hissing ang grating sound, but sounded quite like Antroz to me.

Vakama certainly sounded less Italian to me.

I'll think of some more soon..

I also would imagine Makuta Teridax as having either his movie voice, Trigon's voice from the Teen Titans TV series, some other deep-toned villainous voices by Kevin Micheal Richardson, Hugo Weaving's voice, Frank Welker's voice, or David Kyae's voice.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I always thought the 2001 version of Makuta sounded like Sutekh, from Doctor Who.

I still stand by my statement that is what he should have been like.

Everything else from the movie's pretty appropriate though.

Except Jaller, though Jaller was overall pretty lame in that movie.

Edited by SarracenianKaijin

hereheis.gif

--------------

Reach Heaven by Violence.

And while you are at it, see Bionicle characters as Magical Girls.

I always imagined the Po-Matoran (mostly in MNOG) with Arabic accents.

I thought about that for a sec and then I saw your sig and imagined that with the Arabic accent and I realized that that's actually pretty good.

I could also see Po-Matoran having Australian accents, either them or Le-Matoran. I'm not sure which it would suit better.

Bliss.png

As far as accents go, I'd say that Le-Matoran already have their own accent/dialect. But I mean, c'mon, it's Scott Mcneil as Tahu in MoL, how can one not like Scott Mcneil? Maybe I'd have it be a little less gruff or something like that for his Mata form.

I liked Scott McNeil as Tahu, I just think Master Chief's voice actor would be fitting as well.

Bliss.png

come to think of it, I would have loved for Turaga Vakama to have the voice of Morgan Freeman and Tahu to have the voice of Gerard Butler (Leonidas). Also I would have liked for Lewa to have the voice of Michael Jackson... just the voice not the personality.

I always just imagine the voices from Bionicle: The Game, that was the first time I ever heard anyone in Bionicle speak so it's kinda fixed into my head.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I always thought the 2001 version of Makuta sounded like Sutekh, from Doctor Who.

I still stand by my statement that is what he should have been like.

I watched that episode for the first time recently, and I will readily admit that Sutekh was giving some serious Makuta vibes. I still support the Lee Tockar voice, though. Can't beat it in my book.

While we're on the subject of Doctor Who, I've always heard Vezon's ramblings in a voice comparable to the Eleventh Doctor's, but just a little higher-pitched. And Tren Krom is clearly House, from The Doctor's Wife (although, to be frank, that also sounds exactly like my Makuta voice).

The rest of the characters' voices have just been variations of my own thought-voice, so it's hard to nail them down specifically.

Edited by Angel Bob
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Any individual voice I had for any character was effectivly killed while listening to Greg Farshtey's narrations. :P

Seriously though, have often imagined some of the Onu-Matoran with a heavy black accent (no rascist intentions.) Also, I think that most of the actors in the movies did quite well, except for Toa Vakama.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

I always imagined Jaller's voice as deeper and more serious-sounding than it was in MoL. I imagine Axonn sounding like Batman from the DCAU. I also imagine Nuparu sounding like Jaller did in MoL. :-P

EDIT:

I also would imagine Makuta Teridax as having either his movie voice, Trigon's voice from the Teen Titans TV series, some other deep-toned villainous voices by Kevin Micheal Richardson, Hugo Weaving's voice, Frank Welker's voice, or David Kyae's voice. :)

Frank Welker? Now I'm hearing "Scooby Makuta Doo!" in my head. :P

Edited by Jamags

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Welker was the voice of cartoon Megatron.Makuta's movie voice was perfect, and Kopaka's movie voice was quite apt too.I thought Brutaka would sound like Prince Arthas from WoW. Before Much King transformation.TSO.. hmm... maybe a little less heavy than Makuta's voice.

Edited by Norik The Student