The Definitive Pulse

Uncle K.

PulseHead_zps71bf01ff.png

The Big Three + Ghost

click the thumbs and links below for full images

CinnamonThumb_zps3629bbd5.jpgFaustThumb_zps92aa857a.jpg
TritonThumb_zpsd4acf251.jpgTheGhostThumb_zpsd3a3dd2a.jpg

Why?

Cinnamon, Faust, and Triton have all undergone several more layers of painting that reflect my new understanding of the fictional metal alloy they are created with and its relationship with light. About 1-2 additional hours went into the already 15-25hour pieces for this re-envisioning.

How?

As always, made with Photoshop and a Wacom Intuos tablet.(But if you can't draw it on paper, technology won't make it better.) Quite a lot of effort goes into making one of these, and the process itself is quite arduous. Sometimes it takes several attempts.

What?

These originally began debuting as individual posters to help raise awareness for a comic series I was starting to work on. The project has since evolved and mutated into something completely different. It is currently being written as an art book/dossier owned by one of the characters in the story that I will use as part of a pitch along with a screenplay to attempt a film treatment. (Meaning that these characters, Cinnamon, Faust, and Triton, who all retain their Bionicle genetics will eventually get a complete overhaul.) This is the last place they will be posted to be seen. Think of this as a nice little sendoff for these guys that I poured quite a lot of love into. I hope you enjoy them as well.

wow, photobucket really hates me

EMPIRE

Edited by Funcle K.

Oh my,

Wow.

I don't think I can provide any words to describe these amazing posters, anything said will come of like a understatement of epic proportions. The amount of texture and detail they have is amazing and I feel like I can continue staring at each one discovering new things every moment.

Best of luck with the pitch and remember:

Photobucket hate everyone.

~M

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think I can provide any words to describe these amazing posters, anything said will come of like a understatement of epic proportions. The amount of texture and detail they have is amazing and I feel like I can continue staring at each one discovering new things every moment.

Best of luck with the pitch and remember:

Photobucket hate everyone.

Well I'm always up for criticism, and while these won't change they aren't the only times I'll draw these characters or types.

Thanks.

And I'm still looking for a better image host. I just have too many things already on Photobucket. :(

Really, really, impressive work here. The amount of attention to the surfaces is really quite astounding, even more so considering the fact that I remember the first three from the old forums. And here I was thinking that it wasn't possible for them to get any better. The added value and texture gives them a level of complexity that's amazing to see in any piece. I could probably spend hours trying to pick out every little dent, scratch, or miniscule little detail on each of them.

Not quite sure how you managed to stuff so many good things within each of them, but do keep it up. :D

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 2 weeks later...