The Official Music Topic

guys. the legendary rapper Viper (of You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack fame) used some art that I made for him as the cover of his new album Long Live Tha Republic. I've never been so honored

viper is a great man, congratulations

but i have to say nothing will ever top the cover of Kill Urself My Man

only in dreams.

• 3 weeks later...

ok real talk brand new's deja entendu is the ultimate in emo pop-punk if u wanna disagree u can fite me irl

but you wont cuz u know im right

i'm sorta betraying myself here because i think fall out boy's from under the cork tree was the Peak of pop punk but GOD deja entendu is so friggin' good that it might just beat it

in fact, ​i'm gonna go listen to it now

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

technically it does. the band was already under the pop punk banner when the album came out, but it is more of just a straightforward emo record. it's definitely got a few tracks that classify as pop punk.

​also the wonder years are great, I still need to listen to suburbia and greatest generation.

Edited by McCree

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

​also the wonder years are great, I still need to listen to suburbia and greatest generation.

Both are really solid albums. I only own The Greatest Generation (as a digital LP), so I can vouch for its intensity and catchiness. I only listened to Suburbia once, a few years ago, but it left an impression.

Have you heard No Closer to Heaven? If so, what do you think of it?

Both are really solid albums. I only own The Greatest Generation (as a digital LP), so I can vouch for its intensity and catchiness. I only listened to Suburbia once, a few years ago, but it left an impression.

Have you heard No Closer to Heaven? If so, what do you think of it?

no, not yet. i almost forgot it existed tbh! i need to sit down and listen to the rest of their stuff sometime, i loved The Upsides.

​also oh my god, you made my dumb joke your sig idk whether to be flattered or

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

no, not yet. i almost forgot it existed tbh! i need to sit down and listen to the rest of their stuff sometime, i loved The Upsides.

No Closer to Heaven is a slight change from The Wonder Years' general output. It's a little more melodic. YMMV.

also oh my god, you made my dumb joke your sig idk whether to be flattered or

I'd say flattered, but I don't know what others would say about my sense of humor, lol.

holy ###### new Emma Ruth Rundle song how did I miss this

so unbelievably stoked for the new album, gonna pre-order the bundle that comes with a copy of her first album too since I only have that digitally

edit: I keep forgetting that word that is said like a thousand times on children's television and in your average DreamWorks movie is still considered taboo on BZP

Edited by Scythey

he ain't bad

​still kinda iffy when bands continue on after a member passes on, and even replace them, especially so soon after. idk why.

Mmh. Depends on the band for me. In this case, yeah, really iffy about it, but I think when they've replaced members before, especially for multiple positions, it's less weird.

Everyone always knew Jethro Tull was sort of a revolving door-type thing, so I don't think it was that weird when they brought in Dave Pegg after John Glascock died. I mean, he was the third bassist the band had, so getting a fourth... kind of sad, but not weird.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 4 weeks later...

me, McCree, and Queen of Liars are running a music blog now. gonna mostly cover metal, punk, and alternative stuff so if any of y'all are interested in that, you should check us out.

we're also on the lookout for more writers and contributors if anybody's interested. wouldn't mind having somebody who can cover more indie rock-type stuff, for example.

Edited by Serein
  • Upvote 2

me, McCree, and Queen of Liars are running a music blog now. gonna mostly cover metal, punk, and alternative stuff so if any of y'all are interested in that, you should check us out.

we're also on the lookout for more writers and contributors if anybody's interested. wouldn't mind having somebody who can cover more indie rock-type stuff, for example.

hi

edit:  acutally im kidding i cant keep up with like soundclouds and stuff and im not a good writer

i guess i just wish i was part of it

but the blog is rad, will follow

Edited by Johnny Truant

only in dreams.

I don't think I'm a very good writer either to be fair, if you ever want to give it a go I'd be more than willing to let you publish a review or two on our site

thanks for checking it out either way though, feel free to spread the word

meanwhile the blog is only 4 days old and we've already been shared by artists including the pop-punk band Unturned and Dennis friggin Lyxzén of Refused fame, plus we just got our very first official advance review copy of an album directly from the artist and label

exciting times lads

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Run for Cover Records have made everything on their Bandcamp name-your-price through the weekend with all proceeds going 100% to Planned Parenthood. lots of great music for an even greater cause.

they have a lot of pop-punk/emo type stuff that I'm sure other people here would enjoy more than me, but some personal recommendations I have from their roster are Peripheral Vision by Turnover, II by Makthaverskan, Colourmeinkindness by Basement, Jar by Superheaven, and Pale Horses by mewithoutYou. the former two are especially fantastic releases; highly recommend those at the very least.

• Upvote 2

hey if you guys arent familiar with japandroids i highly recommend getting familiar with japandroids

pretty special and ill def listen to more ^^ tho i felt it was a little short somehow

This is VNV nation. I saw them live yesterday for the second time. This one's one of their earlier tracks and is not their typical sound but I really like it ^^

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the new Code Orange was one of the worst things I've heard all year ngl

which makes me realize that we're three months into the year and I haven't heard any new albums that have really blown me away. not a good sign

also kinda bummed Manson missed the Valentine's Day release date for SAY10 he promised

Edited by Serein

I mean, maybe you should try listening to some highly praised 2017 albums before calling bad omens? The Great Old Ones and Pain of Salvation have both released phenomenal albums, and the new Persefone is getting highly praised too. For me there's already a plethora of seemingly fantastic stuff I need to check out when I get the time.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___