• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Links for credits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Little Miss Krahka

Little Miss Krahka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,001 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 02 2013 - 11:32 AM

So I'm a doller, which means I take bases from other artists and overlay them with clothes and hair and other details, like a paper doll. Hence the term.

I've made some Bionicle dolls and would like to share them with the community. However, it's really important in the dolling community to always credit the basemaker. Not doing so would be plagiarism. Would I be able to link to the basemaker's website?

Would this also count for pose reference for baseless works? Because it's also polite to credit the creators of the stock images I used. Would I be able to say, link to their deviantart profiles? (Since that's where I get most of my stock reference.)

If it comes between posting without proper credit and not posting, I'd choose not posting, but I want to check first.

Had to be me. Someone else could've gotten it wrong.

#2 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,361 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 02 2013 - 11:45 AM

If the website does not have forums or explicit material then I beleive you are okay. Ill see id I can find that in writing somewhere.

You may find these useful:

[*]
    • Advertising for commercial sites of any kind is not permitted whether in a signature, profile, post, Private Message, etc.
    • Advertising for a message board or forum is prohibited without approval of Black Six. That includes having a link to a website that links to another message board. Advertising for message boards of any kind is not permitted whether in a signature, profile, post, or Private Message, etc without approval. In addition, just mentioning or alluding to a site in violation of this or any other advertising guideline will result in administrative action.
      • Do not PM Black Six asking for approval. Approval is not given by request, it is offered if Black Six feels your forum deserves it and is by invitation only.
      • NOTE: Advertising for a forum via instant message is also forbidden. The IM name was found via BZP, so you used the BZP system to solicit or advertise, and that is against these guidelines. Advertising via IM to circumvent BZP filter controls is just as bad a violation as any other means of advertising.
      [/list]

[/list]

Go here for more information on the matter: http://www.bzpower.c...hp?showtopic=24

Edited by Alterego, Jul 02 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,020 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2013 - 11:47 AM

[color=#ff0000;]This is a question I'm equally curious about, however, I'd it'd be okay as long as the site doesn't have forums.[/color]

#4 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,534 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 09:44 PM

Go wild.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users