• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Should making polls be a PM perk?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Should making polls be a PM perk?

Should making polls be a PM perk?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Submerged!

• 1,160 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 01:33 PM

For awhile now I've wondered if polls should be a PM perk. Now that I'm a PM I thought I'd see how many people agree with me.

Posted ImageWe do what we must. Because we can.Posted Image these smileys created by Click

Posted Image

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me on any of these.

#2 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 01:40 PM

I voted no. I've never really needed to make a poll, but there was one time I did. I just contacted a Premier Member, and they made it for me. It is easy to get around the restriction.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm going to say that I don't really care about it either way.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#4 Online ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 941 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'll say yes. It's cool enough that it makes PMs (or at least me) feel special, but when I was a normal member it wasn't debilitating enough to be frustrating. As Lupus pointed out, it's not hard to get a PM to make you a poll.

Edited by ankyfdarkness, Jul 03 2013 - 01:49 PM.

silverbladebanner.jpg

#5 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 02:27 PM

As Lupus pointed out, it's not hard to get a PM to make you a poll.

But if you can easily get a poll made even if you don't have Premier, why not just cut out the middleman?

Edited by Baltarc, Jul 03 2013 - 02:27 PM.

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#6 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,553 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 03:08 PM

Voted middle.

It used to make a lot of sense; we need SOME motivation for PMship.

But the way it is now, it seems like almost nobody ever makes polls. Not really sure why. Maybe it's a statistical illusion due to the overall lower activity, but it seems like a lot less percentagewise than it used to be. So maybe it should change. I dunno.

#7 Offline Toa Nidhiki05

Toa Nidhiki05
  • Banned Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,786 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 03:24 PM

Bah! How dare you suggest us Premier Members don't deserve exclusive rights!</sarcasm>

Honestly, I don't care either way. There are good arguments on both sides here - it is a perk for donating, and people can always get someone else to start the poll., but on the other hand, why not let everyone use it? To me, its up to the staff, and they've made their decision based on some factor.

-TN05

#8 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 03:36 PM

No. While having many PMship perks is generally positive, I really don't think the ability to start a topic in a particular forum should be one of them. It kind of creates a part of the community that's pay-to-participate, the rest of us can only vote or play the game in Games & Trivia's case. And I feel this might be a deterrence to new members as well, who feel like BZPower is obligating them to buy PMship. The voting booth is kind of a dead forum by now, similar to SBC and Marketplace Banter & Promotions. But unlike those, it isn't dying due to lack of interest. It's due to a lack of ability to start topics. And no topic lives forever.

Edited by Dralcax, Jul 03 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#9 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,717 posts

Posted Jul 05 2013 - 12:47 PM

:shrugs: 

Voted no. I'm cheap and evil. :evilgrin: Although I'm not going to be too mad if it remains a Premier Perk. :shrugs: I might actually buy that someday. 

#10 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 625 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 02:27 PM

I voted don't care. I'm not the guy to go asking people "hey, what's your favorite minifigure head?"

76561198084895102.png

Feel free to add me on steam c:

#11 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 04:21 PM

I voted yes because it's kind of adorable.

Okay I should really sleep now.

I no longer need Taipu as I have achieved the impossible.

I have girlfriend.

the atlantic was born today

and i'll tell you how

the clouds above opened up

and let it out

#12 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,160 posts

Posted Jul 06 2013 - 05:17 PM

I voted yes because it's kind of adorable.

Okay I should really sleep now.

I um... ok... And the winner of the most random logic behind their reasoning is:...

Posted ImageWe do what we must. Because we can.Posted Image these smileys created by Click

Posted Image

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me on any of these.

#13 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,503 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 08:00 PM

I think not. I know other forums that allow all members to make polls and there are no complaints there.

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#14 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 833 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 22 2013 - 03:57 PM

As others said, you can request a poll to be made by a PM, so its not that hard. 

I think it should be a PM only perk because the more incentive for standard members to become premier, the better for BZP.

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#15 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 22 2013 - 05:17 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]I voted I don't care either way. I don't think there's any problem with it being a PM perk--as others have said, it's extremely simple to ask a Premier member to make one for you, but I wouldn't really care if anyone could, either. I guess we'll see this week if there seems to be a lot of new polls (with regular members having Premier perks), but even if so, again considering how easy it is to ask someone to make one for you, it doesn't seem necessary to let everyone.[/color][/font]

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

winter.jpg

#16 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,037 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 22 2013 - 05:29 PM

[font="Palatino;"]When the Voting Booth was still around, I was in favor of opening it up to all members. Now, since polls can be made in many different forums, I think it has increased attractiveness as far as being a perk goes. It's now more of a perk than the sort of exclusive privilege that exemplified the latter days of the VB, so I voted to keep it a Premier perk. Of course, along the same lines, I don't really care if it's opened up to all members or if a compromise is somehow reached between the two options.[/font]

gart3banner.jpg

#17 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,076 posts

Posted Jul 22 2013 - 10:37 PM

I voted yes really just on the principle of perks are a good thing as an incentive for getting Premier Membership.But I feel more like it doesn't matter, especially with the Voting Booth being removed. We don't have rampant use of polls like we used to, so there really shouldn't be a flood of strange poll topics or topics that needlessly have polls attached to them. I don't see it being an issue if everyone had the ability.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#18 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 10,287 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 22 2013 - 10:51 PM

[color=#800000;]Part of me says yes, just for old time's sake. But on the other hand, why polls of all things? Never was an incentive for my premiership. So, well, I don't care either way. Hence my vote.[/color]

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

ironmansnowbanner.jpg

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#19 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,005 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2013 - 01:46 AM

I voted the middle because it's never really been an important thing in my mind when buying PMship.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#20 Offline Shadow Kurahk

Shadow Kurahk
  • Premier Member
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,658 posts

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 03:58 AM

The only reason I got Premier Membership was because my then-shallow self wanted proto.

It means a lot more to me now. I am incredibly glad I was able to support BZP, even though the small contribution of Lifetime PMship doesn't necessarily go a long way on its own. But these things add up and I know it helped.

In any case, I voted no.

#21 Offline Jinkmeister

Jinkmeister
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 919 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2013 - 07:48 PM

No, since it's quite apparent that the ability isn't being abused so why bother changing it? ,

#22 Offline V-N

V-N
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,410 posts

Posted Aug 01 2013 - 06:02 PM

I think they should remain as a premier perk, because, as others have said, it gives people an incentive to donate to the website. Also, if poll-making was opened up to all members, I feel as if there would be an increase of unnecessary spammy polls.

#23 Offline Bitl

Bitl
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 33 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2013 - 04:12 PM

I voted no. I think it's actually a dumb idea to make it that way.

biorena_banner.png

Pre-Alpha 1.0.0: Coming soon...

I was a LEGO Universe Closed Beta Tester!

#24 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 12:24 AM

No. Poll making should be free for all.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users