Favorite Piece of CGI?

Indigogeek

What do you think is the best CGI movie bionicle has made out there? Which one do you think is the most well made, and interesting. I have to go with hands down the mahri movie, it just has this very nice feel, and the voices add so much. What does BZP think?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I think I have to agree about the Mahri mini-movie, though some of the 2001 promos were pretty cool too. The Mahri thing is the one with the most extended actual plot, probably the best music (of all the rock-style ones anyways), and good quality animation, timing, etc.

The Barraki one in 2007 was also very good. And the Ignika awakening giant robot and then being exiled is a definite contender.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Just that whole Ignika -> MN rising video. I actually liked the preliminary one of that a little better, where a statue of Tahu's mask gets smashed. Eerie foreshadowing and stuff.

What statue getting smashed? I never saw that one.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Was that in the one where the Kini-Nui was destroyed? (Part of the Kini-Nui?)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Easily the 2008 mini-movies. Delivering that story and advertising all the sets in a CGI format without dialogue must have been a real challenge, and it was executed masterfully. With a lovely Cryoshell background track that hinted at mysteries being unveiled, lots of dramatic lighting, and a perfect balance between the sense of action and the sense of discovery, those videos left a big impact on me.

No love for the MNOG-style Vahki animations? They excellently captured the secret police atmosphere of the Vahki. I wish the story expanded more on the "Matoran are disappearing" idea of 2004. I know that it kind of applied to the Great Disk Matoran, but that doesn't seem to be what Lhikan was implying when he mentioned it in LoMN. My headcanon is that Teridax ordered the Vahki to capture test subjects for the Stasis Pods.

I actually saw the Vahki Online Animations before I played the original MNOG, so I always knew the MNOG music as "the Vahki music."

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

No love for the MNOG-style Vahki animations? They excellently captured the secret police atmosphere of the Vahki. I wish the story expanded more on the "Matoran are disappearing" idea of 2004. I know that it kind of applied to the Great Disk Matoran, but that doesn't seem to be what Lhikan was implying when he mentioned it in LoMN. My headcanon is that Teridax ordered the Vahki to capture test subjects for the Stasis Pods.

I actually saw the Vahki Online Animations before I played the original MNOG, so I always knew the MNOG music as "the Vahki music."

Those aren't CGI animations, those are Flash animations.

My favorite would have to be either the four minute retrospective that was out for a while. It had basically all of the sick animations with the story being told rather canonically. Also, no one has mentioned the Inika animation. That opening sequence in the rain where they are all walking up just made them feel like the badMahi they really are. I always felt like the Inika lost something when they became Mahri, become a bit less badMahi.

Edited by TNT-Vezon with an Olmak

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I have to agree with the majority and say either the Mata Nui Rising video or the 07 Toa Mahri video. The former is the best video, IMO, but the latter has the best music. (I really like Chris Daughtry's "Crashed." )

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Nokama's promo.

But also, all of Cryoshell's music videos with Bionicle and the masks in the movies if they count because ugh look at them.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

What do you think is the best CGI movie bionicle has made out there? Which one do you think is the most well made, and interesting. I have to go with hands down the mahri movie, it just has this very nice feel, and the voices add so much.

Hahli's was voiced by a guy.....I just thought that'd be worthy to point out. XD

What do you think is the best CGI movie bionicle has made out there? Which one do you think is the most well made, and interesting. I have to go with hands down the mahri movie, it just has this very nice feel, and the voices add so much.

Hahli's was voiced by a guy.....I just thought that'd be worthy to point out. XD

That always bugged me.

Bliss.png

The classic 2001 Toa animations and the 2008 animations.-Gata signoff.png

The 2001 animations were spectacular. The only reason Mata Nui rising is my favorite is because of its significance and its brilliant cinematography.

Exactly. I still love hearing the mechanical sounds in the 2001 animations so much. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The 2001 animations were spectacular. The only reason Mata Nui rising is my favorite is because of its significance and its brilliant cinematography.

Exactly. I still love hearing the mechanical sounds in the 2001 animations so much. :P-Gata signoff.png

YES! That's something that was absent from all the later ones, but it was such a great part of the 2001 animations. I don't know why they stopped using it.

Bliss.png

YES! That's something that was absent from all the later ones, but it was such a great part of the 2001 animations. I don't know why they stopped using it.

Either they didn't want them to be confused for robots (though all BIONICLE movies feature these sounds discretely) or just plain laziness. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Either they didn't want them to be confused for robots (though all BIONICLE movies feature these sounds discretely) or just plain laziness. :P-Gata signoff.png

Probably laziness. :lol:

Bliss.png

Am I the only one who found those sounds annoying?

Probably not. In fact, it's possible annoyance factor is probably why they nixed it.

Bliss.png

Probably not. In fact, it's possible annoyance factor is probably why they nixed it.

I liked them. :(-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png