• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

In The Wrong Line of Work

Failure Vakama

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Online Lucina

Lucina
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,613 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2013 - 07:29 AM

It was a matter of mental discipline. Matoran do not have the mental discipline to activate masks, but I'm quite sure most of them know masks by their shape and power. Vakama of course would have to be very knowledgeable about this subject, being a mask maker. I think its possible that the suddenness and surprise of becoming Toa made it harder mentally to learn how to use their mask powers than most Toa. They were kind of created on short notice, after all. 

That would make sense.... if all they had trouble with was the activation. But it's been repeated numerous times that they didn't know their powers at all.

lucinabanner.png

#42 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 924 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 12:44 AM

It was a matter of mental discipline. Matoran do not have the mental discipline to activate masks, but I'm quite sure most of them know masks by their shape and power. Vakama of course would have to be very knowledgeable about this subject, being a mask maker. I think its possible that the suddenness and surprise of becoming Toa made it harder mentally to learn how to use their mask powers than most Toa. They were kind of created on short notice, after all. 

That would make sense.... if all they had trouble with was the activation. But it's been repeated numerous times that they didn't know their powers at all.

I know that the other Toa Metru were clueless about their mask powers, but was it ever specifically stated that Vakama also didn't know? I'm just having a hard time believing that a mask maker wouldn't even know what his own mask was, powerless or not.

6iS7Euv.png

#43 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,065 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 01:50 AM

See the other posts in this topic -- Vakama didn't know. I was just commenting on this in some of my more recent posts here. :)

#44 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 924 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 01:55 AM

See the other posts in this topic -- Vakama didn't know. I was just commenting on this in some of my more recent posts here. :)

Oh wow, that's kind of surprising to me. Oh well, I guess he wasn't ever interested enough...

6iS7Euv.png

#45 Online Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,550 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2013 - 11:22 PM

Again, how would he know? Shape? Any mask can have any shape, it's just that that there are more generally accepted shapes e.g. A Hau can look like a kakama or a hau, it's just to avoid confusion,  the universally-recognised shape for Hau is... the hau.

Also, no Matoran wuld know his mask, because obviously, it's powerless, and I don't think it's easy to track down which disks your mask was made from out of probably thousands manufactured everyday in Ta-Metru.

So, yeah. Vakama just didn't know. Poor guy.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users