• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

LEGO Used To Create Prosthetic Leg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,442 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 09:46 PM

When Christina Stephens lost part of her left leg in an accident, she didn't let it get her down. Instead, she has built a prosthetic leg out of LEGO bricks, <a href='http://www.upi.com/Science_News/Technology/2013/07/06/Amputee-creates-LEGO-prosthetic/UPI-75671373144688/' target='offsite'>UPI reports</a>. While not overly practical in its current state, it's still quite the statement, and it shows that our favorite plastic toys can be used for just about anything.View the full article

#2 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-February 13
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 11:49 PM

Coolest thing since when they restored a sarcophagus with Legos.

Rust%2BServer%2BBanner%2B%28Small%29.png

250-100new2.gif

You heard it! Vote for my brand new Rust Server so I can get some players on it!

I also have a Steam Group for it called Nice Rust Players! (NiRuPl)

Add me on Steam! My name is either Pyrous Red or ToaOfAwesome!

#3 Offline Sinclair

Sinclair
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 06-April 12
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 05:00 AM

Oh wow, that is cool. I hope we hear about the second version sometime!

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

#4 Offline Sir Guurahk The Third

Sir Guurahk The Third
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 13-December 11
  • 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 10:01 AM

Awesome! TECHNIC would work better though in the movement department. (specially if there is any Mindstorms motors)

-G u u R a h K

#5 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 708 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 11:03 AM

I remember watching this. I thought it was cool, but when she was making the ankle, I was thinking, "that's not going to hold up very well." I was right. I'll agree with Guurahk, some nifty use of Technic would be just what the leg needs.

"We have the technology. We can rebuild her."  :P

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#6 Offline Twi

Twi
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-March 13
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 07:08 PM

Well, it is rather cool that she could do something like this, but really, it's best just to stick with a real prosthetic leg (yes, I'm aware that it sounds like an oxymoron).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users