Kahu

a smaller subspecies of the kahu, this one is used for high altitude surveillance rather than interception.Boink i pretty much used the flapping wing gimmick from the upcoming hero factory villian "dragon bolt" and turned it on its side so when you push the bird's butt its wings extend. when you take pressure off the button the wings retract. i created a locking mechanism in the neck so if you push the button all the way the wings stay out.Link Link Link Link

Edit: I had to link the images... if you could somehow get them to be within around 640x640 pixels and 100 kB, you can re-embed them.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

tumblr_negcprE6MH1sxjngho1_500.png

I really love how this looks how a whole, how a lot of focus went into function, not just look (Not that it looks bad at all.) This really brings back the feel of functionality of the Rahi of early BIONICLE, and that is a very good feat. Very nice work.

doom4revalt.png

I am also amazed by the fact that you have added that function into this MOC. The thing I loved about the 2001-2003 sets were functions, and this one is really reminiscent of the 2001 Rahi sets. (I know that there was a Kahu combiner model.) But this is even better than that model, I think. Too bad they didn't release this alongside the other Rahi in 2001. It's really that excellent. I am working on a 6th Rahi set myself in the 2001 style, with functions and all. It is going to be frog-like creature. You can guess what the function would be. :D

Bliss.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am also amazed by the fact that you have added that function into this MOC. The thing I loved about the 2001-2003 sets were functions, and this one is really reminiscent of the 2001 Rahi sets. (I know that there was a Kahu combiner model.) But this is even better than that model, I think. Too bad they didn't release this alongside the other Rahi in 2001. It's really that excellent. I am working on a 6th Rahi set myself in the 2001 style, with functions and all. It is going to be frog-like creature. You can guess what the function would be. :D

that sounds cool, i remade the sandstalker in 2009 with a tongue function, because i think it was supposed to be a frog

tumblr_negcprE6MH1sxjngho1_500.png