BZPower's First Topic

Pantera

I had a question, and I'm, of course, looking for an answer.

The question is: What was BZPower's very first topic? Archives only chronicle to a certain point I believe, so I was wondering what was before that.

Now, can someone supply the answer? :P

Thanks!

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1

This gives you an error.

nav_m.gif Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P
The rules topic is not it. That's topic 29771. :P
My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it.
Edited by fishers64

Even on the early merged forums (it was merged already when I joined, so I wouldn't know before that), most of the older topics had glitches and couldn't be read properly. Many posts were out of order and the like. So unless someone was around to see it at the time there is probably no way to know.

I'm going to guess that it was about Bionicle. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1

This gives you an error.

nav_m.gif Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P
My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it.

Good grief, how are those archived pages still viewable?! They're supposed to be permanently lost, aren't they?

~ CHTrilogy

Thanks for all your input, guys! I can kinda see this turning into some legend of sorts, which will be fun if it happens. But then what bones said asks another question: What was the first topic on "Pre-BZP" (or before the merge that created BZP)? It's very unlikely we'll ever really know that one, though.

Led Zeppelin?

After sifting through hundreds of numbers, the earliest topic I've found so far is 456, from July/August, 2001. Probably not the very first topic, but surely one of the earliest.

Everyone has already said it. BZ's first topic, KP's first topic and BZP's first topic were all the rules.

Probably not. A dedicated rules topic might have come after.

After sifting through hundreds of numbers, the earliest topic I've found so far is 456, from July/August, 2001. Probably not the very first topic, but surely one of the earliest.

Well, that's quite old.

It's actually older than BZPower - that was made about a year before Kanohi-Power and BZCommunity were merged.

Well, that's quite old.

It's actually older than BZPower - that was made about a year before Kanohi-Power and BZCommunity were merged.

Well, there are quite a few other topics from late '01 and early '02 (before the merger) still available. This is the only topic from summer '01 that I've seen so far, though.

Another thing to note is that the oldest posts in it are from 29th July. Given that BZCommunity was created on 20th July, this topic was posted within the first nine days of the site's existence.

I think we may have the answer, or at least the oldest topic we can possibly find at the moment. Anyway we could find ones that are even closer to the launch of BZCommunity? Nine days after launch seems somewhat early, though...

Led Zeppelin?

Anyway we could find ones that are even closer to the launch of BZCommunity?

There are thousands and thousands of different topics; searching through them all would be practically impossible. It was just a stroke of luck that one of the oldest happened to be in the first five hundred or so that I looked through.

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P The rules topic is not it. That's topic 29771. :P My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it.

That's very odd. How could the 193rd topic be from October, yet the 456th topic from July/August? That just goes on to show that the archives are really out of whack. -Rez

Edited by -Reznas-

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P The rules topic is not it. That's topic 29771. :P My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it.

That's very odd. How could the 193rd topic be from October, yet the 456th topic from July/August? That just goes on to show that the archives are really out of whack. -Rez

And it's not like you can actually make out a discussion in these old topics. Posts are out of order?