• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Move Along

Matoro Inika Voya Nui Ice Handdrawn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 25-May 09
  • 5,674 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 01:10 AM

Well, this forum seems to be a bit slow lately, so I thought I'd post something I just threw together. I was at a conference this week when, suddenly, "Move Along" came from a nearby club, and I immediately thought of those Inika commercials, so I decided to draw Matoro, just because he's the best. I sketched it out on lined paper over the course of 45 min. or so, erasing and coming back to different areas throughout several hours until I was fairly satisfied with the result. I've been really working on human proportion lately and trying to develop my style of Bionicle drawing, so this was really a test of my newer style. I also wanted to try out some new Photoshop techniques, so I hope they don't distract too much. 

[font="'carbon block', impact, 'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Move Along[/font]

[font="impact, 'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Posted Image[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]"...When all you got to keep is strong/[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Move along, move along, like I know you do/[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]And even when all hope is gone/[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Move along, move along just to make it through..."[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Credits:[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]All American Rejects for the lyrics[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]SheridanJ for the lens flare[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]LEGO for being awesome and coming up with the original design[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Photoshop for the effects[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I do have a few other sketches lying around everywhere that I've just been testing with, but this one was by far the best, especially with some of those effects. I may try to post some of them later. Thanks for viewing, please comment, critique, and share...you know, if you want and all that.[/font]

Edited by Click, Jul 14 2013 - 01:10 AM.

~click.gif

builderbanner.png

New Chapter!

Corpus Rahkshi: Fang | Hoto | Tear | Canvas | Melody

The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#2 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 17-December 09
  • 2,338 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well, those lyrics and that character didn't make me close to crying in the early morning.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

#3 Offline Logan Tec

Logan Tec
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 21-November 11
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 09:19 AM

Cool drawing i cannot what so ever draw a good 2006 Toa. style of the arms looks like a mix between set and a movie style that blends nicely with the rest of the body. My question is tho it says the file is a GIF image but nothing happens in was that a messup?

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

#4 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 25-May 09
  • 5,674 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 09:51 AM

Oops, I meant to save it as a PNG, but I guess it was defaulted to GiF from my last project. I may try to fix that.Thanks for your comments guys!

~click.gif

builderbanner.png

New Chapter!

Corpus Rahkshi: Fang | Hoto | Tear | Canvas | Melody

The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,035 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2013 - 03:50 AM

[color=#ff0000;]SPEAK TO ME!!!  And all-[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Wut.  XD[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Any way nice job.  I like how your drawing (or I'm assuming it was) is based off the commercial when the Inika walk up to the fence (or maybe I'm just being a little biased?) or at least that what I thought.  I do think the eye glow is a little distracting I think you should've that for his sword and the effect you did for the sword should've been done with his eyes (of course; it would have to be changed a little, well what I meant was make it a lil' less distracting and more opaque  as well as being not as wide.).  Other wise;  wonderful job Click![/color]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users