• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Move Along

Matoro Inika Voya Nui Ice Handdrawn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Click

Click
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 01:10 AM

Well, this forum seems to be a bit slow lately, so I thought I'd post something I just threw together. I was at a conference this week when, suddenly, "Move Along" came from a nearby club, and I immediately thought of those Inika commercials, so I decided to draw Matoro, just because he's the best. I sketched it out on lined paper over the course of 45 min. or so, erasing and coming back to different areas throughout several hours until I was fairly satisfied with the result. I've been really working on human proportion lately and trying to develop my style of Bionicle drawing, so this was really a test of my newer style. I also wanted to try out some new Photoshop techniques, so I hope they don't distract too much. 

[font="'carbon block', impact, 'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Move Along[/font]

[font="impact, 'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Posted Image[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]"...When all you got to keep is strong/[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Move along, move along, like I know you do/[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]And even when all hope is gone/[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Move along, move along just to make it through..."[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Credits:[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]All American Rejects for the lyrics[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]SheridanJ for the lens flare[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]LEGO for being awesome and coming up with the original design[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Photoshop for the effects[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I do have a few other sketches lying around everywhere that I've just been testing with, but this one was by far the best, especially with some of those effects. I may try to post some of them later. Thanks for viewing, please comment, critique, and share...you know, if you want and all that.[/font]

Edited by Click, Jul 14 2013 - 01:10 AM.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

I've joined the BZPRPG. See my profiles here.

See the collection of my writings as well as previews of those to come in The Scarabax Library.

#2 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well, those lyrics and that character didn't make me close to crying in the early morning.

Taipu still won't love me.

tumblr_mn04u212Bs1rlaa4qo1_r1_500.png

taipu

i love you

love me back

my darling taipu

#3 Offline Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice

Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 288 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 09:19 AM

Cool drawing i cannot what so ever draw a good 2006 Toa. style of the arms looks like a mix between set and a movie style that blends nicely with the rest of the body. My question is tho it says the file is a GIF image but nothing happens in was that a messup?

Give me da blanket

#4 Offline Click

Click
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 09:51 AM

Oops, I meant to save it as a PNG, but I guess it was defaulted to GiF from my last project. I may try to fix that.Thanks for your comments guys!

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

I've joined the BZPRPG. See my profiles here.

See the collection of my writings as well as previews of those to come in The Scarabax Library.

#5 Offline Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Damaracx The Mad Scientist
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,838 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2013 - 03:50 AM

[color=#ff0000;]SPEAK TO ME!!!  And all-[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Wut.  XD[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]Any way nice job.  I like how your drawing (or I'm assuming it was) is based off the commercial when the Inika walk up to the fence (or maybe I'm just being a little biased?) or at least that what I thought.  I do think the eye glow is a little distracting I think you should've that for his sword and the effect you did for the sword should've been done with his eyes (of course; it would have to be changed a little, well what I meant was make it a lil' less distracting and more opaque  as well as being not as wide.).  Other wise;  wonderful job Click![/color]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users