Favorite Female Character

Larnuu

Roodaka. Finally, a legitimate female villain! She shows some evil! Turns Vakama (albeit briefly) into Darth Firespitter! Then she comes back in Federation of Fear and is totally cool there too. Lariska is awesome too, but Roodaka was actually a set, so +1 points to her.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Nearly every female character introduced in BIONICLE is awesome IMO, which kind of makes up for their small number. Favorites include Helryx, Lariska, Roodaka, Gali, Hahli, Nokama, Varian, and Tuyet. That's a lot of favorites... :P

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

If I'm honest, my choice may be very nostalgia-influenced, but my favourite Bionicle femme is, quite simply, Macku. Her role in MNOLG, the way she was always sneaking out of her village under Nokama's proverbial nose to spy on Hewkii (even if their relationship was dropped from canon, it was still adorable)... yah, I really like her ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Kiina or Roodaka or Hahli

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Lariska is awesome. Robot arm. Ninja bounty hunter. Super-senses. Varian is pretty col too, if only because she's the first Toa of Psionics we've seen.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Lariska has always been my favorite female character in Bionicle, even if Helryx and Nikila, at one point, came close. I like her so much that some of my more-used characters in my writings have been based off her. -The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Probably Lariska. Smart, sarcastic, and dangerous-but-not-really-evil. Hahli and Macku certainly had great potential as characters, but we haven't seen enough of Macku. Hahli is a step in the right direction, but I don't feel that her personality as a Toa was differentiated enough from the other Inika/Mahri. I think that's just because '06-07 were skimping a bit on character development in general (Well, for everyone other than Matoro, at least).

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I'd have to say that my favorite female character would be Roodaka. She is elegant but evil and can manipulate other easily and sometimes without them knowing.I also really like the set as well due to her black and silver color combo.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Nokama and Hahli. Gali is of course a hero as well. All the good old ʻ01 females ^_^ - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

My favorite female character-wise is easily Nokama. Like the other Metru, she had the most character development of anyone else in the series, going from an overconfident know-it-all to being unsure of her powers to understanding, as Matau put it, that "it's amazing what you can learn when you're not always speak-teaching." Then in the Hordika saga she learned to suppress her Rahi side as well as work with it when necessary, despite how at odds the Hordika personality was with her ordinary self.As for sets, I don't own Nokama Metru, so I can't judge. I do like Hahli Mahri though.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

I'd definitely say Hahli. I didn't really get much into her portrayal as a Toa, nor do I remember much about her role in the story, but as a Matoran in MNOLG II she really had a lot of things going for her. An adventurer like Takua? Check. Sure, she didn't really fight any Rahi or solve any major problems, but it's the explorative spirit that counts. She learned fascinating new things about Matoran culture and philosophy from all of the villages (what can I say, the guys who made MNOLG I & II really know their stuff), and mastered different skills in a very short timeframe. (Speaking of which, it would've been nice if some of that had been alluded to in her time as a Toa.) And she won the Championship! It has the making of a great sports movie! Haha. And all this, even though she was apparently just a shy girl reluctantly pulled from her daily work. Maybe most of what I like about her comes from how I picture her in my own story ideas, but even that reflects on how she was portrayed and designed originally, right?So yeah. Hahli, heh.~QMark

le-koro_concert.png

Talking Over an Ocean - Hahli and Amaya are best friends.

There are plenty of great candidates for being my favorite/best female character, honestly. I can't just say one, so I'll say two: Roodaka and Lariska. Roodaka because she's a manipulative, lying, and deceiving fem-fatale that's basically crossed the pathes of all the evil villains and somehow survived; Lariska because mechanical arms and knives are just awesome. :D

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

The Bahrag. Totally. Their queens, right? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gifAll right, just kidding, even if I really did like the Bohrok. In terms of sets, Hahli Mahri wins out with those epic winglike fins and surprisingly intimidating appearance. Also, the sort of stern-looking Faxon reminded me of the 2001 Hau; I don't really know why. In terms of characters, thats a harder call considering how many uniue characters there are, even if less than 1/6 are female. Maybe...Gorast? I found her interesting, choosing Vultraz, a shadow Matoran to be a...champion, if you will. Unusual. At the same time she was this hyper-lethal warrior with an unshakable faith in The Plan. Her betrayal by Teridax was actually kind of sad....or the Bahrag... http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Lets see...Gali sounds like a hiccup, Nokama sounds like a bad attempt at Spanish, Gaaki sounds like a sneeze, and Hahli sounds like it should belong in a Christmas carol.Helryx all the way.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Hahli because of the character development and Nokama for trying to put the Toa Metru together in many occasions.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

I always liked Hahli, especially after following her through the MNOG II. Her Mahri form is also be one of my favorite set designs; I love what they did with the mask and the "fin-wings". Her personality is also nice.Gali is also one of my favorites, especially during the later years, when she began "really" using her powers. Leveling Karzahni was awesome, but it's a plus rather than the reason I like her. She's really been awesome since I first saw her riding a Tarakava like a motorcycle. Then you hve the fact that she can essentially drown/choke someone her enemies whenever she likes, but chooses not to. I mean, you can dodge fire and stone and ice, but you can't dodge your lungs being turned off via mask power. Takes some real mental discipline to not use such an effective tactic due to its immorality.Helryx would have been a high contender due to the nonchalant way she handled the Dark Hunters at Xia, but overall her character isn't all that interesting to me. Roodaka, too, was a good female character but not one I liked all that much, to be honest. The few other female characters I can think of haven't been fleshed out enough for me to make a real opinion of them.

after seeing how well this topic is going I think someone should make it into a poll. I would be willing to do it although we should see the most popular females in this topic and take those and have those be the poll options. i think this would be fun and i would be really be happy to do the poll.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, honestly speaking, I do like the Bahrag a lot. I suppose they count as female characters, right?

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison