TITANS AND MONSTERS: ATTACK ON BZ KORO!

Hahli Husky

I have a few questions regarding restrictions on applicable titan and monster designs:

• [*]Do the titans and / or monsters have to be living things? Specifically, I'm wondering if automated robots would be allowed on both sides of the aisle, just one, or none.[*]Do the titans and / or monsters have to
resemble living things? To clarify, I mean to ask if titans and / or monsters must look like a living thing (e.g. a dragon or a giant robot) and thus cannot look vehicular (e.g. a tank or airship).[*]How much of the titans and / or monsters must actually be seen? If I write a story from the perspective of a character who spends most of the plot hiding, and the monsters and / or titans mostly influence the plot from off-screen, would the story still be applicable?

I have a few questions regarding restrictions on applicable titan and monster designs:

• [*]Do the titans and / or monsters have to be living things? Specifically, I'm wondering if automated robots would be allowed on both sides of the aisle, just one, or none.[*]Do the titans and / or monsters have to
resemble living things? To clarify, I mean to ask if titans and / or monsters must look like a living thing (e.g. a dragon or a giant robot) and thus cannot look vehicular (e.g. a tank or airship).[*]How much of the titans and / or monsters must actually be seen? If I write a story from the perspective of a character who spends most of the plot hiding, and the monsters and / or titans mostly influence the plot from off-screen, would the story still be applicable?

1. We were thinking Titans = mechanical and monsters=organic for this contest, but whatever.

2. Not really; they both can look as normal or fantastical as you like. If you're imaging a monster who resembles a tank, go for it!

3. A story like that would be fine; the effects of the titans and monsters on others sounds like a cool concept. :)

Edited by Hahli Husky

1. We were thinking Titans = mechanical and monsters=organic for this contest.

Wait, what? That was never specified. My entry is still valid, isn't it?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Exactly how often will the entry list be updated?

-Tomdroidser

When I feel like it/remember to.

1. We were thinking Titans = mechanical and monsters=organic for this contest.

Wait, what? That was never specified. My entry is still valid, isn't it?

It wasn't specified up front, but if you didn't adhere to this, it's fine. It's not set in stone or anything.

I just noticed that the games section only talks about ideas of games, not actual completed ones... but I kinda made a game already for the contest... :(

Path of the Mortals - by Toatapio Nuva

Topic

Is an entry like this all right? It does have the information required...

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

It's allowable, though do realize that entries will be voted on based on the creativity of the idea and not necessarily any implementation that comes with it. And you can't change an entry once it's submitted.Are you sure you want to submit this as your entry?

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

It's allowable, though do realize that entries will be voted on based on the creativity of the idea and not necessarily any implementation that comes with it. And you can't change an entry once it's submitted.Are you sure you want to submit this as your entry?

Well, since it does have all the information about the idea itself within the topic, sure.

One (hopefully) final question: If I enter multiple categories, can I post all of the submissions in one post, or do I have to make separate posts for each entry?

You can submit all of the entries in a single post in this topic, but make sure each entry has its own topic in the relevant forums.

Alrighty then, here we go!

BBC Contest Entry:

Member Name: Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

Entry Name: Fusion Mach 5

megaultrachickenthumbnail.png

(Click for gallery)

Comedies Contest Entry:

Member name: Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

Entry Name: KFRD's C-Squad

Music Contest Entry:

Member Name: Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

Entry Name: Desperate Situation! A Light in the Darkness!

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

BBC Contest Entry.

Name: Toa Kayn

Entry: Mutagen Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Finally! After 20 hours of work, I'm entering the BBC portion now! Member Name: JinkmeisterEntry: The Mecha-ToaAlso, question. When I finish my short story, do I make new post to enter it, or do I edit it into this one and hope it gets noticed? Probably a stupid question, but I am wondering.

Finally! After 20 hours of work, I'm entering the BBC portion now!Member Name: JinkmeisterEntry: The Mecha-ToaAlso, question. When I finish my short story, do I make new post to enter it, or do I edit it into this one and hope it gets noticed? Probably a stupid question, but I am wondering.

Just post a new post, that's fine. :)

Would CGI art count for the Artwork category? I mean like a 3D render.

Sure, go right ahead - I think it fits in better there than anywhere else. (Unless you're making a 3D animation, in which case that would fall under Music and Movies. :))

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So, would a podcast/faux broadcast/radio drama be posted in the Music and Movies section?

Not gonna make anything too long, but it should be good. (Yes I procrastinated shhhhh.)

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Hey HH, am I allowed to help my little brother in his MOC entry? By help I mean giving him suggestions and parts to use. Not building it.

That's perfectly fine. :)

So, would a podcast/faux broadcast/radio drama be posted in the Music and Movies section?

Not gonna make anything too long, but it should be good. (Yes I procrastinated shhhhh.)

Yes, that's a good spot for those.

So as a contestant rather than as a host, I actually have a question about the theme!Part of the theme is to design your own monster or titan. Would taking a 'monster' alluded to in Bionicle canon that never actually appeared in person nor got any physical description (namely Marendar) and giving it a full description/nice juicy fight scene be sufficiently original? (I may have written a short story to the main theme of Titans and Monsters involving it and then remembered the 'design your own' part and gone oh nooooooo wait I had to come up with how this thing looks/acts anyway, better check)

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

So as a contestant rather than as a host, I actually have a question about the theme!Part of the theme is to design your own monster or titan. Would taking a 'monster' alluded to in Bionicle canon that never actually appeared in person nor got any physical description (namely Marendar) and giving it a full description/nice juicy fight scene be sufficiently original? (I may have written a short story to the main theme of Titans and Monsters involving it and then remembered the 'design your own' part and gone oh nooooooo wait I had to come up with how this thing looks/acts anyway, better check)

It happens to say in the rules:

you must design your own titan or monster and/or describe or depict part (or all!) of the fight

That "and/or" seems pretty indicative that it can be a canon monster if you describe the fight.

I apologize if this counts as answering a question when not on staff, but I figured quoting the topic was fine.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

It happens to say in the rules:

you must design your own titan or monster and/or describe or depict part (or all!) of the fight

That "and/or" seems pretty indicative that it can be a canon monster if you describe the fight.

I apologize if this counts as answering a question when not on staff, but I figured quoting the topic was fine.

That's all right. ;) And you're correct; thanks!

Edited by Hahli Husky

So would a drawing of say, the Mata Nui Robot be acceptable? Or does this not fall under the rule of "design your own"?

I would say design your own; that's what we intended to happen. You could do a redesign of the Mata Nui robot, though.

Edited by Hahli Husky

Short story entry is a go!

Member name: GSR

Entry title: "The Days They Were Needed and the Years They Were Not"