Staff Survivor II Game Topic

Tufi Piyufi

survivorkakaru.png

I was swept off to the beach before I had time to drop the bloody shoe I was clutching, and before I knew it we were given another challenge with sticks. Naturally this entire game would come down to a simple mathematical choice, like that game where you try to make three squares out of matchsticks by only moving two. My instinct was to light the matches and ask later, so I quickly grabbed a stick.I thought about the empress' words in hindsight. I'm pretty sure she said that I couldn't play right after a teammate, so I awkwardly put my stick back.There are still seventeen (17) sticks left. Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

survivorsumiki.png

I leaped forward and decided to take a stick, because why not? It might just come in handy later. Oh, who was I kidding. I just liked sticks. That one towards the middle looked nice, so I went ahead and grabbed it. 16 Sticks Remain

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

survivordeev.png

I took a stick and handed it to Kakaru. I knew he could use it in his rituals. I mean, in his games. Yeah. Games.

There were now only TWELVE STICKS (12).

Edited by DeeVee

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

survivordeev.png

I winked at Eeko. I wondered if he remembered how I'd watched him that first time. I hoped so.

It had, after all, been very creepy. Like that laugh of mine.

Edited by DeeVee

survivorjanus.png

Utilizing the psychic link that the incredibly attractive DeeVee and I shared (but only rarely used, and only when it was incredibly plot convenient) I reached in and snatched a single stick out, using it to beat any nearby creatures or humans.Total Sticks: NEIN (9)

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

survivorarpy.png

"One stick, two stick, red stick, blue stick. Black stick, blue stick, old stick, new stick," you recited to yourself. "This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of sticks there are."You removed two sticks on a whim and named them Thing One and Thing Two. You wished one of the Settlers was named Marvin K. Mooney so you could ask him to please go now.SEVEN (7) sticks remained. Edited by Arpy

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

survivorhusky.png

I finished sharpening the stick I'd taken earlier and threw it at Janus to test it. Well he had fast reflexes, anyway. Tufi said nothing but every time someone went for a stick out of turn, she'd glare and you could see her bristle slightly until they backed off. It was also funny because 7 sticks still remained but people still flinched when I moved.

Edited by Hahli Husky

survivorsumiki.png

Members of both teams stared at the four remaining sticks. We Supertramps knew what having four sticks left meant, and it appeared that it was dawning on the I'd Settle For Thats. Well, I suppose that's what you get for Settling For That. I knew there was nothing I could do, as Bfa had already made his move. Since there was nothing else to do ... I leaned in towards the rest of my teammates. "Y'know, I suppose you could say that we're ... B-) ... sticking it to them." Somebody slapped me. I probably deserved that.

Four Sticks Still Remain

survivorkakaru.png

I did the math in my head and frowned.I did it again and frowned even harder. Something told me that this situation was inevitable, and something else told me that I should take one stick. That meant that I now help four incredibly sharp sticks, one more than the three (3) sticks remaining. Edited by Kakaru

hey it's Studio Comic

survivorjanus.png

I saw that the only winning move was not to play at all. After all, the empress had said the team who takes the last stick loses, right? I gathered the rest of my tribe around me and discussed ways of getting rid of the stick without taking it."Fire?" Emzee Suggested."Ritual Sacrifice?" Kakaru said, batting his eyelashes innocently"Clearly the best way to get rid of this," DeeVee began, drawing all eyes to him instantly (jeeze what a star that guy was) "is to throw it at the other team."Clearly this needed a lengthy debate in which no stick was touched nor taken.Sticks Remaining: WUN (Still just 1 guys, jeeze did nobody teach you the maths?)

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

-Arin Hanson

Tufi sat on the beach watching the proceedings. Sometimes she'd update her personal tally; sometimes she'd update her makeshift shipping chart in the sand."Well, somebody needs to figure something out," she said, hoping with just a little desperation that somebody would catch on. "Get creative or something."

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

survivorjanus.png

Get creative, eh? I glanced furtively around my team before catching the eye of Hahli Husky on the other team. What would she do? How would she deal with a situation. She grinned her psychopathic murder-grin and I realized what I had to do.I moved to where the final stick remained and snapped its neck. I mean snapped it in half.Sticks Remaining: ONE (half. But we're going to call it one. SO THERE.)

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

-Arin Hanson

survivorarpy.png

You stepped forward, boldly. It was time to do science. Ridiculous science.You snapped off exactly one half of the half of the stick that remained. You could have kept taking turns with the Settlers and breaking the stick into a Zeno's paradox of tedium, but you had a better idea.ONE (fourth) of the stick remains," you said. "However, by the simple mathematical operation of rounding to the nearest whole number, Janus has already taken a whole stick, whereas I have essentially taken zero sticks. Play reverts to the Settlers now, and if you take any more of the stick, you will still have more of it than us no matter what. QED," you finished.You admitted to yourself that it was possible that both teams had lost for taking parts of the last stick, but you were willing to gamble it on the principle that you would only lose half as badly as the other team given your 0.25 of a stick.

survivorbfahome.png

Okay then.

Hefting my bow and grabbing a stick from our pile, I nocked and drew it, waiting for the first person from the other team to try something.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Go ahead, make my day."

While they were distracted by my empty threat, HH snuck over and shanked TMD.

It was odd that they didn't notice her, since she was kind of yelling as she did it.

I guess it wasn't really "sneaking".

OpAXNpl.jpg

"Clikit Supertramps win. Everybody go home." Of course, since Tufi hadn't gotten up, it was kind of muffled. And the blind hand gestures weren't especially accurate. But the decision was final, and at least she didn't have to move the idol around this week.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

survivorsumiki.png

"Somebody stab somebody or... or something! First tribe stabbed loses!" Tufi half-yelled as she fell forward onto the beach. Was she ... was she drunk? No, wait, she was bored. No time for that. I was going to get stabbed if I wasn't careful. I ducked under some flying sticks and grabbed one of the longer ones for self-defense. Perhaps that fencing training wouldn't go to waste. "Go ahead, make my day," Bfa sneered at the opposition. HH screamed something unintelligible and stabbed a thoroughly confused TMD, and then everyone stopped. I dropped my stick and kicked it away. "Clikit Supertramps win. Everybody go home," Tufi said, still lying on the ground. I located Arpy and gave him a random chest-bump.

survivorhusky.png

"You stabbed me!!" cried TMD in disbelief. He was still alive, which was okay because I wasn't sure how Tufi might react to another dead player in a week. I was also too busy grooving to the sound of our win. A win that honestly came because we got lucky.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZA_F8-rZWpg

Edited by Hahli Husky

survivoremzee.png

I narrowed my eyes at HH for a split-second before I ran to TMD's aid. "You're gonna pull through man, don't quit on us now!" I said to him. I quick look at his side told me the calming truth that it was not a fatal stabbing. The bleeding would stop. The wound would need to get stitched up and covered soon though, lest it become infected. Still cradling a stunned TMD, I sent HH another fiery Texan scowl. How dare she do this? What had happened to her? Did these weeks on the Island of Doom... awaken something inside her? Or did Makaru influence her somehow? Or maybe she was always like this. At any rate, things had already passed the violent point with xccj's death. It was logical that things would only continue to escalate. Nonetheless, justice would be served before this little camping trip was through. Just like justice would be served to xccj's murderer. The Ranger always serves justice. Cruel humor will not happen under my watch!

And trust me, if anyone around here knew justice, it was the RP'er who knew of Joske Nimil, the Harbinger of Justice and Meteors.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

survivortmd.png

Being stabbed feels a lot like, well, being stabbed.

"That's my blood," I said looking down at my gut and bloodied hands. "That's my blood... That's a lot of my blood..."

Fortunately, I wasn't hanging off a cliff in a train (this time), but still. Shanked by a freaking Global on an island. I mean, I'd expect this sort of behavior from a Reporter or Gatanui or someone (never trust a man that's comprised from more than one person/thing [eg: Takutanuva, Cat-Dog, Captain Planet]), but a Global? Now that's just, well, like a stab in the back.

About that.

I collapsed, into Emzee's surprisingly masculine and comforting arms. It was like we were plagiarizing the Pietà.

"You're really strong," I murmured while I may or may not have been stroking his bicep.

"We'll get you a doctor," he said with the commanding voice only an experienced RP'er could command.

"Will he be named Jack? And count to ten to not be scared?" I asked faintly. "'cuz I don't think he likes me. Something about a love triangle and stealing guns and just being too ruggedly handsome for him..."

You should've seen those lights dancing before my eyes.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

survivorkakaru.png

"Mom killed TMD," I gasped as Emzee caught my former teammate in a tender yet manly embrace. I looked down at the sticks in my hand, then back up at the other team. A plan formed in my mind, culled by my wonderful upbringing.Suddenly the brush tore open and a nektann rushed out, frothing at the metaphorical mouth, beeping and whirring obscenities in binary. It threw the corpse of xgzk on top of the last quarter-stick, then set both of them on fire. With its primary master dead, there was nothing stopping it from making its own fires, then protecting them from everyone else."QUICK EVERYONE," I shouted. "START STABBING EACH OTHER!"I stabbed the two nearest players in the arm. They happened to be me and Sumiki.

hey it's Studio Comic

survivorbfahome.png

As much as I would love to be at a Knife Party with my Internet Friends, I didn't really feel like getting stabbed.

So I ran.

Directly into a Nektann.

It immediately lunged at me, pinning me down. The bow slipped from my hand, and I panicked. I waited for the first blows to come.

Except it just sort of stood there, seemingly trying to buff and heal other Nektann that weren't there.

I rolled my eyes.

Time to grind out another 500 points of experience.

OpAXNpl.jpg

survivorsumiki.png

"QUICK EVERYONE," Kakaru shouted. "START STABBING EACH OTHER!" With that, I got stabbed in the arm. It hurt, but it wasn't the kind of wound I'd be really concerned about. "Kakaru," I said, with a mix of irritation and mild disappointment. "If you're going to stab me, do it properly: with a toothbrush!" Much to his horror, I grabbed ahold of the stick that stuck out of my arm and yanked it out with an audible pop. It hurt, but I covered it with a menacing and guttural yell. I held up the stick, blood dripping off of it in thick bands, while staring into Kakaru's eyes with a newfound wild abandon. "TIME FOR YOU TO DREAM OF FARM ANIMALS, KAKARU."

survivorkakaru.png

Sumiki-- ah, my wonderful Sumiki. He had no idea what sort of idea he had just given me. He lunged at me and I did a really cool Matrix-like dodge, complete with the part where I got cut twice anyways and fell on my back. Sumiki lunged again, and stopped with an audible gasped as I parried his thrust with a utensil of my own, forged by unspeakable creatures in the dank, mossy chambers underneath Innsmouth: The Eldritch toothbrush."Where did you get that?" he breathed.I smiled. Ritual sacrifice always begat reward, and xccj's death was not meant in vain."Phn'glui wgnafl," I replied, pushing Sumiki's stick out of the way and brushing his magnificent three-day-old facial hair with my newfound tool.

Edited by Kakaru

hey it's Studio Comic

survivorbfahome.png

I hurled the broken shell of the Nektann into the skirmish. Repair Nektann never really seemed to understand the concept of "destroy them with lasers".

Backing away from the scene, I positioned myself at the perimeter, bow once again ready, in case anyone needed help. Sumiki and Kakaru seemed to be doing some kind of odd toothbrush sparring. I watched in bemusement, wondering how they planned on trying to and then suddenly I was on the ground because something had hid me in the side of the head and it kind of hurt.

OpAXNpl.jpg

survivorarpy.png

Sumiki bumped your chest for great justice, and things devolved into madcap shenanigans shortly thereafter. Toothbrushes, robots, and flesh wounds (which were really just scratches) flew fast and furious, but not Fast and Furious 6 because how would you fit a 26.2 mile runway on this island?You were fine with shenanigans in principle, but you were supposed to be surviving, and getting involved in stabby poky fightsseemed kind of antithetical to the whole idea. You clambered up on top of a soapbox-shaped rock and read from a card you'd prepared while Sumiki and Kakaru were parrying and riposting."I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school," you said. "I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles that everyone would eat and be happy."A piece of flaming kelp swung through the air and knocked you into Bfahome. You changed your mind. You would fight, but not with your fists. There was a reason you had been sorted into Ravenclaw, after all."I challenge someone to a battle of wits!" you cried.

I heard Arpy challenge someone to a battle of wits.

"I would, but I'm afraid I don't battle unarmed opponents" I condescended. I winked so he knew I was kidding.

Arpy's an alright guy.

We watched Kakaru and Sumiki battle as the entire rest of both teams stood there awkwardly. Empress had told us all to leave and go back to our camps, but we thought we should break up this weird toothbrush battle first. The repair nektann looked like it was reparing itself, and while it was down, I sent TMD to grab it and turn it off so we could figure out how to fix it.

I looked at Janus.

"Take care of your adorable ruffian, will you?"

He nodded and sighed. "He takes after his mother, you know. What with the evil and the spells and the magic. But I'll give it a go!"

survivorhusky.png

Speaking of evil and spells and magic, I cast all of those things with a swift tumblr_m1k8njzqwJ1qer21p.gif Just for Arpy, before slinking off into the woods before we all sat around in awkward silence until voting was over. Our time on the island was basically Janus' turn to take care of Kakaru, and I was glad DeeVee had recognized this fact early on. I would catch up with Janus later, as he probably well knew.

Edited by Hahli Husky

survivorsumiki.png

I lunged again, but stopped with a gasp as Kakaru parried my thrust with a utensil of his own: a large and somewhat moldy toothbrush. It wasn't a pretty sight."Where did you get that?" I breathed, more out of disgust than shock.Kakaru smiled. "Phn'glui wgnafl," he replied, and he pushed my stick out of the way to make way for his next attack, which actually turned out to just be him brushing the little facial hair I had with the toothbrush.If it hadn't been such a mildewy toothbrush, I wouldn't have minded it ... but this was just gross.I fell backwards, out of the reach of the toothbrush, and grabbed a conveniently-placed stick. I threw it at him as a distraction, then ran for his toothbrush.I needed that toothbrush.So there we were, all hands on the toothbrush, wrestling for control of it on the ground. This felt like it went on for much longer than it probably did, but for far longer than it should have.Janus soon ambled over and hefted Kakaru up, taking the toothbrush with him. "Come on, son. Time to go."I heaved myself up off of the ground and looked back at the rest of my disapproving teammates. "What, does no one here appreciate dental hygiene?"

survivorarpy.png

"You think dental hygiene is important?" you asked Sumiki. "I'd kill for a comb and some shampoo at this point." In the indeterminate amount of time spent on this island, your fro had been soaked in saltwater, infiltrated by sand, attacked by a piece of flaming kelp (and who had thrown that, anyway?), and mussed by a Lava Ape.DeeVee had made light of your challenge to a battle of wits and everyone else had been focused on the toothbrush battle, but that was okay. The glancing blow to your head had caused you to temporarily forget that you were neither Sicilian nor in possession of iocaine powder, which was all right because you hadn't spent years building up an immunity to the stuff.DeeVee was all right, at least as far as you knew. You didn't actually know if he was left-handed."Back to camp already," Makaru spoke up. "Take the long way home."You pocketed several of the sticks for later use. Maybe you could use them to make a comb.

survivorsumiki.png

"You think dental hygiene is important?" Arpy asked, incredulous. "I'd kill for a comb and some shampoo at this point."I reached up to feel my own hair. Yep ... greasy, sweaty, and probably very stinky. If there was a mirror nearby, I'd likely have used it to judge whether or not the state of my hair was appropriate for a Cosmo Kramer cosplay."Back to camp already," Makaru said. "Take the long way home."

survivoremzee.png

I could say with certainty that I had no idea what this guy was rambling on about. Who is this "Jack" character? At any rate, I help up my teammate and we both hobbled over to where the Nektann was still repairing itself.

"I guess I'll let you shut it off," I said. Things had escalated quickly, I couldn't help but be concerned for my fellow staffers. How could we lose our unity so quickly? Over a competition?

I suppose it didn't matter now. What was done is done, and now there must be consequences.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

survivortmd.png

Emzee chucked me at a Repair Nektann then began lecturing about unity or something. I was confused about his decision until the nektann (who I decided to name Jack) started repairing me.

And by repair I mean it was caulking my wound.

Clearly these things weren't made to repair people. But hey, I'll take potentially life-threatening infection over gaping bleeding wound any day.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky